Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #1441
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

I always love the "worst parade" signs. I think my favorite I didn't see until the end and it said something like "hurry up mom, I want to go to Disneyland". That was adorable.

I actually made a goal I didn't think I would make this time around: finally finishing in under 2:45! Official time was 2:43:23 and I am super stoked about it. I've knocked off a couple minutes with each race I've done. Eventually I want to try for 2:30 or under.

I don't think I could have finished in under 2:45 if the last two mile stretch didn't start off backstage at DCA again. All the CM's there were my DCA Stores co-workers, so it was nice to recognize every face I passed. Kind of kept me going because I think this one was the hardest for me to finish mentally so far.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #1442
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

Bah!! It was awesome!! What incredible feeling!! This was my first half so I gave my self a goal of 2hrs 30 mins or anything under 3!! And I did just that!!! I hit 2:35 and met some seriously incredible girls along the way!! It was amazing!! And those signs were a huge part of what kept me going! I loved the
" I just farted, you should probably run faster!" loved it all <3

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #1443
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

This weekend has been nothing short of amazing. It was am incredible race- though my time was well short of my planned finish. I think I have about 20 pictures and hundreds of memories from meeting my new running friends this weekend as compensation. So worth it!

Loved the course. Loved after celebration. Loved hanging with the disboarders yesterday Kirstie and Sarah!!

Going on walk in walts footsteps tour now.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #1444
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
This weekend has been nothing short of amazing. It was am incredible race- though my time was well short of my planned finish. I think I have about 20 pictures and hundreds of memories from meeting my new running friends this weekend as compensation. So worth it!

Loved the course. Loved after celebration. Loved hanging with the disboarders yesterday Kirstie and Sarah!!

Going on walk in walts footsteps tour now.
How was the tour? I'm doing that tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #1445
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

It was good! I loved seeing walts apartment. Very special.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 01-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #1446
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerPlouffe View Post
I loved the " I just farted, you should probably run faster!" loved it all <3
Where was that one? I liked the one the guy had at the end when we entered the parking lot that said "Why do all the girls run away from me?"

Liked the changes to the course this year, it's now officially my fave course of the 2 1/2's. Weather couldn't be better and the time change, even though early was great.

Congrats on everyone for finishing!!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #1447
MonkeyDishwasher
Yes!!! I got the first non-topic starter post! Do I get a medal or something?

Haha, can we just discuss the tease that was the Finish Line?! I was so happy to see the Finish across the street when we were exiting the backstage DCA area, and then there was that stupid sharp left turn! Oh that hurt my soul! But I decided to plow through that last .1 of a mile at a full sprint (just to be done with the whole thing!!!).

Such a fun run, and my legs are nowhere near as sore as I thought they'd be today, definite bonus!
MonkeyDishwasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #1448
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Just got home a couple hours ago and hopping on line for a quick minute.
Didn't get to go back and read everyones posts yet but just wanted to really quickly add that the weekend was fabulous! I came so close to not even going and I am so glad I didn't let a few obstacles stop me! The race itself was awesome. My time was a PR though 9 minutes short of my goal. But thats ok, that just gives me something to shoot for next time! Had a blast meeting two new friends, Sarah and Patty, and celebrating our achievements together! It was my first rundisney race and I was impressed. I know I told DH I wasn't going to make Tink an annual thing..but um, shhh dont tell him I'm already thinking about registration for 2014
I gotta go wrangle two kids into bed. Can't wait to read more later and hear about everyones experiences!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:56 AM   #1449
Leskash75
Mouseketeer

I know I wasn't planning to do it again but it was so fun maybe weekend trip lol
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:29 AM   #1450
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

It was exciting to still see people in the Parks today who ran. I think I spent most of my shift on BVS chatting with guests who had been running. It was a fun guessing game as to who ran and who didn't. I think I only saw 6-8 actual medals but got to talk with many more about our experiences. I was secretly hoping someone from the DIS would be among them, but couldn't really ask, lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #1451
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

I'm here 2 more days in the park. Not sure if I should still be wearing my medal.

Last edited by BlazerFan; 01-22-2013 at 11:29 AM.
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #1452
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Of course you can!

I'm heading home today. I'm ready. I opened DCA yesterday, and closed both parks last night. I'm whooped!!!

Amazing time at DL. I'll be back! I'd love to be a Tink runner next year.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 01-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #1453
Leskash75
Mouseketeer

I haven't wore my medal to park yet lol
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #1454
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerFan View Post
I'm here 2 more days in the park. Not sure if I should still be wearing my medal.
Do it! We work hard for those beauties, so we get to wear them with pride as long as we want, lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #1455
justkeepswimmin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Do it! We work hard for those beauties, so we get to wear them with pride as long as we want, lol.
I agree . We wore ours all day in the parks on Sunday. Loved telling every runner I saw with a medal or race shirt, congratulations. Great feeling.

Thank you soo much to everyone on these boards! I only posted in the last few weeks but many of you took time to answer my questions and also ease my first time runner anxieties with your posts.

I finished in 2:05 which was way better than I was hoping for and to the lady at the end who I stared crying to bc my family was not there and my friends had not yet crossed the finish line, THANK YOU! Your kind words were just what I needed

Family DL TRIPS: 10/03 DLH,, 11/03,, 4/05, 7/05,, 8/05 DLH,, 11/05 DLH, 1/06, 2/07 BWPPI,, 9/07 DLH Concierge,, 12/07 Hojos,6/08 DLH, 9/08 GCH, 9/09 1st stay @VGC, 12/09 VGC, 5/10 VGC/Hojos, 9/10 DLH/ VGC, 9/10 Makenna's Bday @PP, 7/11 4th of July/ RI Maingate, 11/11 Sophia Bday, 1/12 Tink 1/2 Marathon/ VGC, 6/12 Molly's Bday @DLH, 12/12 Christmas Trip @ VGC
WDW TRIPS
: Pop Century 9/23/06-10/2/06, Ft Wilderness Cabins 3/16/09-3/23/09 AULANI TRIP/ 1st Trip to HAWAII!!--9/24/11-10/2/11
justkeepswimmin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: