Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #1396
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys

My physio guy is apparently a because I am truly feeling alot better. I wont be resting too much saturday... California Adventures is calling my name <3 but im hoping for the best.

And as for make up... I am going to be wearing everything.. I kind of want to look half decent for pictures then after the race when its all run down my face and I look like Raccoon roadkill... Meh. I just finished a half marathon baby!! lol

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #1397
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

Oh and Sarah! Have good flight today!! Not sure when your leaving, but I hope you have safe travels! Its yucky in edmonton today... So the travel tonight from Bonnyville to the airport in Edmonton is going to be nasty. I hope it does not delay our flight or anything tomorrow! Boo...

Oh also, I have a random question... Is it possible to jump into another corral? Juuuuuuuust Curious.....

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #1398
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Hey past & future HoJo'ers,

What are you doing for food on race morning? I always do peanut butter toast, but don't know if there is a toaster around.
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #1399
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

I'm so sorry for everyone's troubles! . Not a good way to head off to the happiest place on earth! Hope everyone can heal physically and emotionally in time for the race. I'm buying some zinc lozenges today and started the kids on acidophilus yesterday!
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #1400
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh also, I have a random question... Is it possible to jump into another corral? Juuuuuuuust Curious.....
You are allowed to move back to another corral, but you aren't supposed to move yourself up.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #1401
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialks View Post
Hey past & future HoJo'ers,

What are you doing for food on race morning? I always do peanut butter toast, but don't know if there is a toaster around.
The rooms dont have toasters.
I've cant do PB before runs but I have done just jelly on bread before, not taosated. Boring, I know. I've been having cereal with a little bit of milk before my long runs lately and its working well for me so I'm going to stick to that.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #1402
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
Last question: I'm concerned about nutrition the next couple days. Can anyone give me advice?
Make sure you hydrate really well throughout the next 3 days. A big one if you're flying. Your pee should be really light/pale colored. Carb up today and tomorrow, your big carbo load should be tomorrow. You don't want to do it Saturday night b/c it'll be sticking in your stomach which won't be fun for running and 2~ it doesn't give your body enough time to absorb everything. Saturday dinner should be a protein and light carb if you want. My usual down there is a grilled chicken breast and small baked potato from ESPN. As for Sunday... celebration drinks and fun stuff to eat. Discovered the Louisiana Lemonade at Brennan's in DTD, they are so yummy and so is the Jolly Rancher shot at the Uva bar. Rita's has really good grand margarita's in DCA also. I promise I'm not an alcoholic although right now I sound like it!

As much as I can't wait for this weekend, I realized that I get to sleep in next weekend!! Both days if I want!!! So excited.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #1403
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Thanks Kim! That gives me a great excuse to hit Naples for lunch tomorrow.

I was just looking over the Park Hours, etc. and noticed something. Will they not be showing Fantasmic! this weekend? I've never seen it and it was on my must do list.

P.S. - Kim, you're going to try the Goofy Challenge again next year? You'll kill it next time!

Last edited by jessicaerv; 01-17-2013 at 06:17 PM.
jessicaerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #1404
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Kim! That gives me a great excuse to hit Naples for lunch tomorrow.

I was just looking over the Park Hours, etc. and noticed something. Will there not be showing Fantasmic! this weekend? I've never seen it and it was on my must do list.
I believe Fantasmic is down for a refurb right now. I seem to remember hearing that they were going to do that in January?

Kirsten
Old 01-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #1405
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
P.S. - Kim, you're going to try the Goofy Challenge again next year? You'll kill it next time!
Thanks!! Not sure about next year yet. I use my tax return to do 1 big race a year, and I'm waiting to hear about the NYC Marathon. I'm supposed to be guaranteed this year, but after the cancellation last year, not sure what's happening this year yet. If I get into NY, then no, but if I don't, 90% sure I'll do WDW next year. But definitely saving up for '15 ~ it'll be the 10th anniversary for Goofy, so that should be fun.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #1406
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
I believe Fantasmic is down for a refurb right now. I seem to remember hearing that they were going to do that in January?
Are you still good for the expo tomorrow for the Sat. races?

Old 01-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #1407
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Are you still good for the expo tomorrow for the Sat. races?
I'm good! Thank you for asking again!

Kirsten
Old 01-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #1408
Jeffreelancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Last question: I'm concerned about nutrition the next couple days. Can anyone give me advice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Make sure you hydrate really well throughout the next 3 days. A big one if you're flying. Your pee should be really light/pale colored. Carb up today and tomorrow, your big carbo load should be tomorrow. You don't want to do it Saturday night b/c it'll be sticking in your stomach which won't be fun for running and 2~ it doesn't give your body enough time to absorb everything. Saturday dinner should be a protein and light carb if you want. My usual down there is a grilled chicken breast and small baked potato from ESPN. As for Sunday... celebration drinks and fun stuff to eat. Discovered the Louisiana Lemonade at Brennan's in DTD, they are so yummy and so is the Jolly Rancher shot at the Uva bar. Rita's has really good grand margarita's in DCA also. I promise I'm not an alcoholic although right now I sound like it!

As much as I can't wait for this weekend, I realized that I get to sleep in next weekend!! Both days if I want!!! So excited.
For the hydration you should drink half your body weight in ounces each of the next three days. If you weigh 140 you should drink 70 ounces of water each day. Also you can add an elctrolyte drink on Saturday to balance out your electrolytes before the race.
Jeffreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #1409
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

So we're checked into the Disneyland Hotel. Were in the Frontier Tower. I havent seen the room yet but my parents like it which is a really good sign in my books.

I was at the racetrack so I missed a bit of fun when Goofy came up to my parents who explained what I was here for. Ah well. I don't regret going to the track. I got to be on tv! And see one of my favorite racehorses win her second race!

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013-2014, Avengers 2014, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, Wounded Warriors Half Marathon, and other races I am missing off the top of my head
StarGirl11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #1410
AliceNWonderland
This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. I -- I hardly know, sir, just at present -- at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339

Thanks!! Not sure about next year yet. I use my tax return to do 1 big race a year, and I'm waiting to hear about the NYC Marathon. I'm supposed to be guaranteed this year, but after the cancellation last year, not sure what's happening this year yet. If I get into NY, then no, but if I don't, 90% sure I'll do WDW next year. But definitely saving up for '15 ~ it'll be the 10th anniversary for Goofy, so that should be fun.
The info is posted for NY and you need to pick an option by Jan 25.

June 2002 offsite Portofino Bay
June 2009 WL
June 2011 POR

AliceNWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: