Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #1381
AliceNWonderland
This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. I -- I hardly know, sir, just at present -- at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101
Not feeling the excitement at the moment. We made the decision to have our dog put down today. I was supposed to start packing but I dont think thats going to happen right now. And though I dont want to go run 2 miles in the 28 degree weather, I think it might actually be just what I need at the moment. But on the flip side, this quick DL trip should help DD be happy again. She doesnt know we're going yet so that should cheer her up.
Sorry for your loss :/

June 2002 offsite Portofino Bay
June 2009 WL
June 2011 POR

AliceNWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #1382
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Good luck to everyone! My goal is to someday run a 5K (I have small goals!) - hopefully some day one at DLR!
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #1383
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
Not feeling the excitement at the moment. We made the decision to have our dog put down today. I was supposed to start packing but I dont think thats going to happen right now. And though I dont want to go run 2 miles in the 28 degree weather, I think it might actually be just what I need at the moment. But on the flip side, this quick DL trip should help DD be happy again. She doesnt know we're going yet so that should cheer her up.
I'm so sorry! I missed this earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post

Patty ~ have a safe flight tomorrow! I saw you're coming back out for DDD. Yay!!!!

YES! I really thought this was it for me and DL for a long time. DH doesn't believe me when I say it's pretty awesome- lol- he's still stuck on WDW. But we had a talk about DDD and decided to go for it! So ... we will be back! YAHOOOO! Hoping he finds DL as awesome as I do.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #1384
lilybell08
Earning My Ears

I'm so sorry, Kirstie!

Kim, is still okay if I meet up with you in the lobby of BWPPI and walk over to the corrals? I am so nervous!!
lilybell08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #1385
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell08 View Post
I'm so sorry, Kirstie!

Kim, is still okay if I meet up with you in the lobby of BWPPI and walk over to the corrals? I am so nervous!!
Yes! I knew there was someone I had to talk to in the next day, but I forgot sorry. Is 3:40/3:45 ok? And don't be nervous, you'll do great!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #1386
lilybell08
Earning My Ears

I'll be there at 3:40. Thank you so much!!
lilybell08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #1387
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Kristie Sad about your four footed baby. Hope things feel better in the next few days.

It's 35 here and 72 in Anaheim. Is it time to leave yet?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #1388
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
I am so, so very sorry Kirstie. Thinking about you and your family. Its so hard to lose our furry friends...they burrow into our hearts so deeply. Can't wait to meet you on Sunday for our after-race celebration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Packed and READY TO GO! Leave in the morning- early early. Get in around 12:30. Cannot wait to get to Cali and DL! See yall real soon!
Not packed over here yet! LOL! I did tell you I was a procrastinator! LOL! I'll be out the door by 515am tomorrow morning! WOothoo! See you tomorrow afternoon!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #1389
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the support everyone. Yesterday was a very tough day.
Still didn't start packing. Guess I know what I'm doing tonight! Didn't get a run in yesterday. Hope to do a couple slow miles tonight but if it doesn't happen, oh well! For those of you traveling today, be safe!!!!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #1390
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone..

So I hurt my ankle last week.. went to physio yesterday and apparently the medial tendon is "stressed" where it meets the calf muscle. So I havent been running because I want the inflammation and pain to go away by sunday. So I havent been running in like 8 days. Im kind of freaking out that it will hurt my game.. I am feeling alot better, but stressed that I havent run. Do you think not running will totally affect my run? I think I should be feeling better by sunday morning..

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #1391
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

All these last minute obstacles!! I have one of my own. I was picking up my DD from daycare last night and there were notifications put up about an outbreak of Pink Eye. Sure enough -- her right eye was slightly swollen and red. Thankfully we have the antibiotic drops from the last outbreak that weren't used, so I started her on them last night. Hope my DH remembers to keep giving them to her!

Packing tonight; debating on whether I should bring my makeup. Who am I trying to impress? On the other hand, I hate to look horrendous in pictures. What do you all think?

Last question: I'm concerned about nutrition the next couple days. Can anyone give me advice?

XOXO Ladies! See you Sunday morning!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #1392
jobo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerPlouffe View Post
Hey everyone..

So I hurt my ankle last week.. went to physio yesterday and apparently the medial tendon is "stressed" where it meets the calf muscle. So I havent been running because I want the inflammation and pain to go away by sunday. So I havent been running in like 8 days. Im kind of freaking out that it will hurt my game.. I am feeling alot better, but stressed that I havent run. Do you think not running will totally affect my run? I think I should be feeling better by sunday morning..
I wouldn’t worry about not running for a week. Resting your leg is more important than getting a few more miles in. Trust your training. You’ll be fine, just keep telling yourself you can do it!
jobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #1393
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerPlouffe View Post
Hey everyone..

You'll be fine! Adrenaline is going to take over on Sunday and missing a a few runs isn't gonna matter!

Kirsten
Old 01-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #1394
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
All these last minute obstacles!! I have one of my own. I was picking up my DD from daycare last night and there were notifications put up about an outbreak of Pink Eye. Sure enough -- her right eye was slightly swollen and red. Thankfully we have the antibiotic drops from the last outbreak that weren't used, so I started her on them last night. Hope my DH remembers to keep giving them to her!

Packing tonight; debating on whether I should bring my makeup. Who am I trying to impress? On the other hand, I hate to look horrendous in pictures. What do you all think?

Last question: I'm concerned about nutrition the next couple days. Can anyone give me advice?

XOXO Ladies! See you Sunday morning!!!!
Sorry about the pink eye outbreak! That is no fun!
Makeup: I too hate looking horrible in pictures so I usually do mascara for my races.

Kirsten
Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #1395
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I wear make up for races. Not foundation but eyeliner and mascara and lipstick. I look like a ghost without a little something, even when running

Tinkplouff- I had a week off due to flu. I ran 3 miles on Monday and it felt really good! So the rest may help you more than you think, kwim? Plus the real work was completed weeks ago. You'll do fine!

Jessica- ugh pink eye! It's terrible isn't it?

On plane. Hope Sarah packed! Lmao.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: