Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #1291
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

I am ridiculously excited its ridiculous! But I'm also stressed abut my ankle/leg pain..... It has one week to buck up!!!! But I'm so excited its ccccrrrrraaaaazzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #1292
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Kim - So good to hear an update from you! Sorry your run was crappy BUT you did it and thats what counts! Tink will be a piece of cake for you next weekend now!!!!

Want to get out today for a few miles. Gonna wait til it warms up a bit though. Its still in the low 30's here and that is just way too cold for this Cali girl!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #1293
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerPlouffe View Post
I am ridiculously excited its ridiculous! But I'm also stressed abut my ankle/leg pain..... It has one week to buck up!!!! But I'm so excited its ccccrrrrraaaaazzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
Me too! I'm slightly overwhelmed by all I have to do between now and leaving on Thursday morning but soooooo excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
Kim - So good to hear an update from you! Sorry your run was crappy BUT you did it and thats what counts! Tink will be a piece of cake for you next weekend now!!!!

Want to get out today for a few miles. Gonna wait til it warms up a bit though. Its still in the low 30's here and that is just way too cold for this Cali girl!
I'm waiting for a bit here too hoping that it will warm up but we won't get above freezing today. Brrrrr.....can't wait for the warmer temps down there next weekend!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #1294
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

GAH! It needs to warm up here some more next Sunday. I am not looking forward to running if it stays as cold as it's been lately. I'm already miserable working out in the cold I don't need to do it for 'fun' too, lol. It doesn't help that I keep getting sick either.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #1295
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
GAH! It needs to warm up here some more next Sunday. I am not looking forward to running if it stays as cold as it's been lately. I'm already miserable working out in the cold I don't need to do it for 'fun' too, lol. It doesn't help that I keep getting sick either.
It can't be any worse than some of what I've run in.

It was in the teens yesterday (ditched outdoors for indoors that day, only got a short run in due to being on phone for about five hours fixing a phone) but its at least starting to warm up here. Still freezing cold though.

As long as it doesn't hit the high 80s like during the Disneyland Half I will be a happy camper.

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013-2014, Avengers 2014, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, Wounded Warriors Half Marathon, and other races I am missing off the top of my head
StarGirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #1296
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella
Jess, I wasn't sure if you were running Tink. My mom and I will be there Saturday morning. We're doing dinner at Marri's if you want to join us.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #1297
Skpnw
Mouseketeer

It was at freezing when I did my 6 mile run today. Yikes. Lots of icy spots so my run wasn't as "smooth" as it could have been - lots of careful stepping! No need to wipe out one week prior...
Skpnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #1298
BayAreaMom
Mouseketeer

Hi ladies!
I have a quick question- last year the walk to the race start from hojos was crazy long! I am wondering if anyone knows if i can cut to the start through the GCH? Meaning i am walking through DTD and turn left into GCH at their tiny DTD entrance and then come out at their car/main entrance which is where the corrals line up on Disneyland Drive?
Last year people were jumping the fences to get into corrals
The start was kinda a mess!

Also, is anyone wearing a running skirt and tank? I think the temps will be in the 50s. Last year it was about the same and i wore crops (hit just below the knee) and a running tee shirt and i got too hot! I am bringing a toss away sweatshirt to throw on the side of the road once i warm up.

I am really worried it is going to be too dark! Last year the course lighting was bad- super dark! Be sure and watch your footing!
BayAreaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #1299
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaMom
Hi ladies!
I have a quick question- last year the walk to the race start from hojos was crazy long! I am wondering if anyone knows if i can cut to the start through the GCH? Meaning i am walking through DTD and turn left into GCH at their tiny DTD entrance and then come out at their car/main entrance which is where the corrals line up on Disneyland Drive?

Also, is anyone wearing a running skirt and tank? I think the temps will be in the 50s. Last year it was about the same and i wore crops (hit just below the knee) and a running tee shirt and i got too hot! I am bringing a toss away sweatshirt to throw on the side of the road once i warm up.

I am really worried it is going to be too dark! Last year the course lighting was bad- super dark! Be sure and watch your footing!
I'll be wearing Capri running pants, my green sparkly team sparkle skirt with a tank! I will how ever be wearing a throw away long sleeve for the start! It's been -20 to -30 here (aka approx -22 Fahrenheit) so anything higher then zero degrees..... I'm happy with ill be wearing a tank that says train like beast to look like a beauty woop!

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #1300
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

I would gladly take the 80 degrees over the cold. I cannot handle anything under 70 and even that's too cold. I'll probably be running the whole thing in my jacket. We shall see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Jess, I wasn't sure if you were running Tink. My mom and I will be there Saturday morning. We're doing dinner at Marri's if you want to join us.

I am indeed! I am going to see how many years I can run this one. My family was supposed to be running as well but they can't make it now. I may just have to join you guys. I liked that place last year. I got the whole weekend off from work so I should have no problem making it.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #1301
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
I would gladly take the 80 degrees over the cold. I cannot handle anything under 70 and even that's too cold. I'll probably be running the whole thing in my jacket. We shall see!

I am indeed! I am going to see how many years I can run this one. My family was supposed to be running as well but they can't make it now. I may just have to join you guys. I liked that place last year. I got the whole weekend off from work so I should have no problem making it.
We're planning to eat at 6. My sister signed up but she flaked on me.

I'm going to try and run this one each year. I wanna be a legacy runner. I was seriously considering skipping the one in Sept until they changed the medal but now with the Dumbo Double Dare I want to run it. Lol.

Anyone else who wants to join us is welcome! Marri's is really good!

Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #1302
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Alrighty! I shall put that in my phone so I don't forget. Now that I know the area better lets see if I have an easier time finding the place, lol.

So long as I have the money I would like to keep doing both events here in CA. I would love to go for the C2C in 2014 and do the Wine & Dine I think. We'll see though.

And I am seriously thinking of attempting the Dumbo Double Dare! I did well enough with the 5K and Half this past Disneyland Half so I think I could do it. I'll decide when registration opens, lol.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #1303
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Alrighty! I shall put that in my phone so I don't forget. Now that I know the area better lets see if I have an easier time finding the place, lol.

So long as I have the money I would like to keep doing both events here in CA. I would love to go for the C2C in 2014 and do the Wine & Dine I think. We'll see though.

And I am seriously thinking of attempting the Dumbo Double Dare! I did well enough with the 5K and Half this past Disneyland Half so I think I could do it. I'll decide when registration opens, lol.
I know they were letting people sign up this weekend at the WDW Marathon Expo so I'll bet they do the same at the Tink Expo.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #1304
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I registered for dumbo today! Visa holders got early registration.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #1305
justkeepswimmin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaMom View Post
Hi ladies!

I did not run the Tinkerbell half last year but my husband did and we were staying at GCH and I pretty sure he just walked right out of the hotel straight to the corrals. I'll ask him in the morning. I am sure you can cut through though, people do it all the time.

I am there again this time but no husband, just 3 friends and we are all hoping that we can head down around 4:30 am or so and still be okay time wise but now I am wondering if we should allow more time. I am in A corral but my friends are in B and C. New to running so any tips for handling corrals in a large race like this would be great!

Family DL TRIPS: 10/03 DLH,, 11/03,, 4/05, 7/05,, 8/05 DLH,, 11/05 DLH, 1/06, 2/07 BWPPI,, 9/07 DLH Concierge,, 12/07 Hojos,6/08 DLH, 9/08 GCH, 9/09 1st stay @VGC, 12/09 VGC, 5/10 VGC/Hojos, 9/10 DLH/ VGC, 9/10 Makenna's Bday @PP, 7/11 4th of July/ RI Maingate, 11/11 Sophia Bday, 1/12 Tink 1/2 Marathon/ VGC, 6/12 Molly's Bday @DLH, 12/12 Christmas Trip @ VGC
WDW TRIPS
: Pop Century 9/23/06-10/2/06, Ft Wilderness Cabins 3/16/09-3/23/09 AULANI TRIP/ 1st Trip to HAWAII!!--9/24/11-10/2/11
justkeepswimmin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: