Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #106
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Sarah, you can submit a time that is a little older, so if you have done a race since July 2010 that was 10K or longer, you can submit that. You may not need to run another one for time.

From Tink website:

Proof of time should include name of race, year, distance and time finished (i.e. 2010 Disneyland® Half Marathon - 2:25). If you do not have a proof of time to submit, list "N/A" at the point of registration. Proof of time must be provided from a race 10K or longer. All forms of proof of time must be from a race after July 1, 2010

In my experience with the Princess, they were pretty generous with the times. I submitted a finish of 1:18:00 for a 10K in my first year and was put in corral B. Last year, that same time would get you into corral C at the Princess. So it really just depends on the fellow runners. And the Princess is a bigger race, so that can factor in as well.

I suspect if a lot of men run, then corral C can get really crowded as well since they do not let men start before corral C.

Hope you get to register CamoMama! I'm dying to know what the % is now! Hopefully they update on Monday.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #107
nisseriffic
Earning My Ears

of course..

I am so excited for this run, and of course I got knocked up! Am I fooling myself to think I can still do it at 7.5 months pregnant??

nisseriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #108
dreams91
DIS Cast Member
Loves to veg out in front of the TV on QVC scrap days!

Is the coast to coast medal the same every year? What about the other medals? Are they the same each year?

dreams91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #109
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisseriffic View Post
I am so excited for this run, and of course I got knocked up! Am I fooling myself to think I can still do it at 7.5 months pregnant??
CONGRATS!!!!

Yes- you can! I did. I wasn't that far along, but I was right at 6 months and completed the Princess 1/2. I walked it though, and started in B corral (just moved over and hugged the curb!) I finished 23 people from the finish... LOL... but I finished!

I think it depends on your level of running and physical fitness, and of course, TRAINING! But if your doc says to go for it, why not? Plenty of prego moms run right up to their due date even. If you train properly, yes, you could do this.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
Old 06-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #110
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams91 View Post
Is the coast to coast medal the same every year? What about the other medals? Are they the same each year?
They are all the same until the 5 year anniversaries. Then they change every 5 years. I do not know about the C2C medal- I believe it has been the same every year, but not sure how many years they have been handing those out!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 06-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #111
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisseriffic View Post
Congrats!!!! I would love to tell you yes, but I have no clue. I would pop over to the WISH thread, b/c I know people were talking about that a few months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams91 View Post
So far the C2C medals have been the same. The lanyards and years just change. The medals for the 1/2s usually change for milestone years and then maybe after the milestone year. I know the DL 1/2 used to be the castle, it changed for the 5th anniversary and then last year was the DL "D" with a little castle in the middle. The princess has pretty much stayed the same w/ the jewels changing. The 5ks though, change every year depending on the theme. But Tink's 5k says Never Land Family 5k, so that one could be the same, since that was the theme this year. But it was the 1st year, so we'll know closer to the race.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #112
dreams91
DIS Cast Member
Loves to veg out in front of the TV on QVC scrap days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
They are all the same until the 5 year anniversaries. Then they change every 5 years. I do not know about the C2C medal- I believe it has been the same every year, but not sure how many years they have been handing those out!
Good to know. I won't worry about Tink this year then. Running my first marathon the weekend before at wdw. Getting the special medal there for the anniversary. Maybe I'll wait until 2014 for Tink. However I will be doing the DL one in two months for my c2c!!

dreams91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #113
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Reg #'s jumped up to 72% this morning.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #114
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Reg #'s jumped up to 72% this morning.
Wow! that was fast! Wont be long now before it sells out!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #115
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

It just needs to not be full for a couple of more weeks!

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #116
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Bored at work and was playing around on their site. This year they're doing it like the Princess and it includes a subscription to Redbook. But they have a form where you can mail it in and get a refund. It's only $3.92, but better than nothing if you're not interested in it. But you only have 30 days from when you registered.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #117
Shananana
Mouseketeer

I did it!

I registered! I think I might have disney fever though, because this is my first 1/2 marathon, I haven't ran in YEARS and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my girls while I'm training.

Last edited by Shananana; 06-29-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Shananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #118
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Oh my I've gone and done it now

I signed up for the Tink the day registration opened and have been working on the C25K.

I am a nurse and one of the docs I work with has lost about #100 so I decided to tell her I was running the Tink as she is a big disney fan and definately would hold me to task asking about training and how I am doing.

She told me today that she looked on the website and thinks that she would like to do this also and would I mind a running partner now and for the race.

Oh my I now have absolutely no excuse. I have a running partner that will kick my butt if I even hint of slacking but will be the best support anyone could have asked for.

Come January 19th no one will recognize this former overweight couch potato crossing the finish line in less than 3 1/2 hours.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #119
BabieDuckie
Earning My Ears

First off, I think this is my very first post on these boards, and while this may not be the place to do it, , my name is Janelle!

I found the Tinker Bell Half Marathon information because I originally saw a post for the DL Half Marathon on these boards, and I got really excited. I'm definitely a great candidate for the C25k program. My work schedule is nowhere near as hectic as indygirl's, and if she can do it, so can I (you've totally inspired me!). I originally felt very hesitant about doing this because, hello, I have NO training at all whatsoever! But I found some helpful information on About.com and a few training programs in addition to C25k that I'm starting today to help me get ready for this!

After reading everybody's encouraging comments, I feel completely comfortable to just get out there and give it my best shot. My biggest fear is failing the half marathon and not being able to complete it, but like indygirl said, the most important thing is that I actually try and give it my best shot, and perhaps not to finish with the best time, but to actually FINISH!

So, the reason for my post is to thank everybody for being so encouraging and providing a place where us beginners can get the support we need!! I'll be signing up for this by the end of the week, while I can still (hopefully) afford it!
BabieDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #120
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Yay for new runners!!! WTG ladies- you will love it.

Dont misunderstand me- running sometimes sucks (ha ha ha) but the event is worth it to me, so I suck it up and just go. And I love the gear. And skirts. But actually running? eh. LOL

I guess that's not fair- some days I REALLY love it. But I will admit that if it wasn't for the Princess and now Tinkerbell, I would not be looking at half marathon type mileage. So, thank you Disney!

You two will have a lot of fun, burn some calories, and have some really cool bling to hang on your wall. CONGRATS on signing up!!!!

My No-Guilt Life

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: