Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #1066
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

longhorns2 : if you want to nerd out, look for a ride vehicle speed; then you could extrapolate the distance. Prob easier to find a distance though.

Any thoughts on e 5k question I asked about spectators?

Also, here is what the corral placement was for the W&D. Might be similar??...
Corral Bib Range
Elite 1 - 30
A 31 - 2165
B 2166 - 4535
C 4536 - 6935
D 6936 - 9335
E 9336 - 11735
F 11736 - 14300
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #1067
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialks View Post
longhorns2 : if you want to nerd out, look for a ride vehicle speed; then you could extrapolate the distance. Prob easier to find a distance though.

Any thoughts on e 5k question I asked about spectators?

Also, here is what the corral placement was for the W&D. Might be similar??...
Corral Bib Range
Elite 1 - 30
A 31 - 2165
B 2166 - 4535
C 4536 - 6935
D 6936 - 9335
E 9336 - 11735
F 11736 - 14300
I have NO idea how they work the 5K with spectators since it ends in DCA and starts in DL! The only 5K I ran at WDW was through Epcot and there were not spectators in the park. On the outside they could see you, but not inside.

I think the Tink instructions or program showed 5 corrals- and over 21K runners for the entire weekend. I'm thinking there will be more like 2500 in each corral if there are only 5 corrals- or maybe the last corral is just really big? Dunno- but we should know soon!

Good point about speed- I may have to see if I can work that out. I had to do a little math with HM. Found a sight that said it covers 2 feet per second and lasts for 6:50 minutes... so I came up with 820 feet.

Can someone else check that math? Not sure I did it right... 6 min = 360 seconds. + 50 seconds = 410 So on the omnimover for 410 seconds, covering 2 feet per second = 820 feet, right?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #1068
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Oh we discussed the map- when the description was first posted. No bueno- not a happy Tink. But I'll try to make the best of it and remind myself that the finish line is steps away from my hotel. LOL!!!

**Tinker Bell Ride 5K** is almost complete... I found a lot of info, but need to find about 1,311 feet of ride for us to go on! It's taking us all over the park, but sticking to DL only (not DCA) I'd love to add Peter Pan but I cannot find the track distance listed anywhere! I can get the time length, but not the track length. It's getting annoying- but I will find it, oh yes, I will!
Me too about the hotel. Splurged on the DLH and that will be my motivation to haul my corpse across the finish line!

I'm so excited to do the ride 5km! You do know I'm planning on being a tag-along, right?

Quote:
BTW- if you want to cheat and do it the fast way, take the DL RR around the park, and then get on the monorail. 5K+ a little extra= DONE!

I am totally nerding out this morning.
Love the nerding out - you're awesome girlie!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #1069
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

Are any of you ladies going to the Pasta Dinner? Or have gone before? I figured I would register for it since Im not sure when I can do a Disney Run again I might as well go hard or go home

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #1070
swooshbear
Mouseketeer

I've been sick for the past week and haven't had time to train. Hopefully I get better soon or it will be a slow race for me.
swooshbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #1071
Shananana
Mouseketeer

Bib number 5328.
Not bad for a first timer, I think.

Can we put our bib numbers on the first page?
Old 12-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #1072
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Me too about the hotel. Splurged on the DLH and that will be my motivation to haul my corpse across the finish line!

I'm so excited to do the ride 5km! You do know I'm planning on being a tag-along, right?

Love the nerding out - you're awesome girlie!
Totally expect you to tag along! Anything you wont ride? I added in Splash Mountain, then took it out, then added it back in. Time to face my fears. LOL I don't like big drops, but Splash wont be open in WDW when we are there in Feb, so it's time to be a big girl and give it a go. I think. I do have a back up ride just in case... lol I'll ride HM 2 more times if I need to chicken out.

We can do the ride 5K after lunch on Sunday! I might have a little liquid courage in me to get me through... he he he.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerPlouffe View Post
Are any of you ladies going to the Pasta Dinner? Or have gone before? I figured I would register for it since Im not sure when I can do a Disney Run again I might as well go hard or go home
I have not done them before. Seems a bit pricy for pasta in my eyes. But I bet it's fun. Aren't they having characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooshbear View Post
I've been sick for the past week and haven't had time to train. Hopefully I get better soon or it will be a slow race for me.
Slow is the new normal! I'm going to be WAY slower than I expected, but it's still going to be fun. Good luck on training!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananana View Post
Bib number 5328.
Not bad for a first timer, I think.

Can we put our bib numbers on the first page?
I'm not in charge of the editing, but that's a good idea! Wish they released the corral info for us. Probably tomorrow- or I fear they will make us wait until after Christmas! Pretty sure my corral is A... but I DO NOT belong there. Just had a good (old) 10K time to submit and had high hopes of being closer to there than I currently am. But I'm not. I'll be moving back.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #1073
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Totally expect you to tag along! Anything you wont ride? I added in Splash Mountain, then took it out, then added it back in. Time to face my fears. LOL I don't like big drops, but Splash wont be open in WDW when we are there in Feb, so it's time to be a big girl and give it a go. I think. I do have a back up ride just in case... lol I'll ride HM 2 more times if I need to chicken out.

We can do the ride 5K after lunch on Sunday! I might have a little liquid courage in me to get me through... he he he.

I'm not a fan of Splash - the drop kills me - but I do it every trip because its my daughter's favourite ride. I'll be the one curled up trying to get under the seat crying that I'm about to die. Seriously. Its bad.

I'll have the liquid courage in me too!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 12-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #1074
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Patty - what is your bib number?

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #1075
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Splash - the drop kills me - but I do it every trip because its my daughter's favourite ride. I'll be the one curled up trying to get under the seat crying that I'm about to die. Seriously. Its bad.

Quote:
Patty - what is your bib number?
OMG... maybe we are sisters separated by countries. LOL I'll have a back up plan in case it's "too cold" for us to do splash. I'm all about the ride- it's the drop that I am just a freak over as well. I bet that would be a CLASSIC picture though of both us looking like we are going to die. ha ha ha

I'm 1448. IF anyone asks- I will be stopping for lots of pictures and that shall explain why my real time does not match up to the expected time. But in all honestly, it's just going to be slow because of this leg. It's better, but not A corral fast. Not by a long shot.

I'll probably start in B or C with my friend.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #1076
Jeffreelancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have NO idea how they work the 5K with spectators since it ends in DCA and starts in DL! The only 5K I ran at WDW was through Epcot and there were not spectators in the park. On the outside they could see you, but not inside.
The only place spectators could see the runners was halfway through the race in the esplanade in front of Disneyland. No-one was allowed in either park unless they were doing the 5K.

Quote:
I think the Tink instructions or program showed 5 corrals- and over 21K runners for the entire weekend. I'm thinking there will be more like 2500 in each corral if there are only 5 corrals- or maybe the last corral is just really big? Dunno- but we should know soon!
There were 5 corrals with 12,000 runners. For 2013 they had 14,000 runners to start with and then they added more in November. The race program for 2013 shows 5 corrals so it looks like it will be different than W&D. It looks like each corral gets larger as the paces get slower. Corral E is the largest.
Jeffreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #1077
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreelancer View Post
The only place spectators could see the runners was halfway through the race in the esplanade in front of Disneyland. No-one was allowed in either park unless they were doing the 5K.
Actually, I ran the Cars Land 5K and my family was allowed in the park to see me cross the finish in DCA.

They did not allow spectators in DL, but they were allowed in DCA.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:35 PM   #1078
grizbuzz
DIS Veteran

Hi,

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make Tinkerbell Run after all. I have a reservation Fri to Mon at DVC Grand California. Info posted on DVC rent board if anyone is interested. PM me if need more info.

- Jen

Me DH DS (11) DS (9)
grizbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #1079
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:

DD LOVES Splash! I actually like it too as far as rides go. I think its cute and fun and I like the drop. My issue is I hate being in wet clothes. So on warm weather trips I'll ride it with her. But in January, no way!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #1080
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

I'll be at the Tinker Bell Half. I'm not running it. I'm working it as a volunteer. I'll be in the Expo collecting waivers and handing out bibs on Friday. On Sunday, I'll be reporting for duty at 2:00 am to set up the finish line area. Not sure what I did to draw that duty, but I'll be there.

Rick
rmgreenesq is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: