Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #1051
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Off to look at the course map! And off to find my Bib#.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #1052
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreelancer View Post
We did Portland and San Jose this year and I got a PR in San Jose.
Curious about your thoughts on SJ? I've done it 2x, but drive to work/work on a lot of the route so it's not much fun for me, but wondered what other people thought about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skpnw View Post
A very long time ago (and I say about 12-15 years ago), when my friend used to work at Disney, I did a Fantasyland 5K like that - you had to ride Small World a certain number of times, the Peter Pan ride, etc - it was a fundraiser. So it is possible
Love this and would TOTALLY do it if they still did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Gotta figure you get some distance in on Small World, Pirates, and Splash Mtn. I suppose we can't count the loops of Dumbo. That's kinda like you running around the castle in your tutu over and over again.
Don't forget BTMRR, the winding back and forth's got to add up to something!!

Hoping the logo on the 5k map is the medal, usually is, but I really hope it is b/c I love it. So adorable.

And the Dumbo DL race... so in!

As for the running... this morning was a wee bit cold. Was supposed to get in 12-15, but only got in 3 b/c it was sooo cold my legs couldn't get warm enough and intervals were like 20 sec/20sec. My butt was still cold 45 mins after I got back. When I was at the gym 1 1/2 hrs later it was 35. Haven't run in that type of cold in a long time.But went to the gym a bit later and got another hr cardio and hit heavy leg weights so we'll see.

Headed down to DL tomorrow morning w/ my fam. Picking up my sis at LAX!!! I have a 20 miler Mon when we get back! Eeee!!! If I don't get a chance to get on the boards before then, Merry Christmas everybody!!!!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #1053
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Btmr is closed when we are there. Sniff!

And brrrr. Yuck!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #1054
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Curious about your thoughts on SJ? I've done it 2x, but drive to work/work on a lot of the route so it's not much fun for me, but wondered what other people thought about it.

Love this and would TOTALLY do it if they still did it.

Don't forget BTMRR, the winding back and forth's got to add up to something!!

Hoping the logo on the 5k map is the medal, usually is, but I really hope it is b/c I love it. So adorable.

And the Dumbo DL race... so in!

As for the running... this morning was a wee bit cold. Was supposed to get in 12-15, but only got in 3 b/c it was sooo cold my legs couldn't get warm enough and intervals were like 20 sec/20sec. My butt was still cold 45 mins after I got back. When I was at the gym 1 1/2 hrs later it was 35. Haven't run in that type of cold in a long time.But went to the gym a bit later and got another hr cardio and hit heavy leg weights so we'll see.

Headed down to DL tomorrow morning w/ my fam. Picking up my sis at LAX!!! I have a 20 miler Mon when we get back! Eeee!!! If I don't get a chance to get on the boards before then, Merry Christmas everybody!!!!
Merry Christmas to you too and have fun in DL!

Kirsten
Old 12-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #1055
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And brrrr. Yuck!

I know. I love BTMRR! Definitely bummed that it will be down when we're there.

Kirsten
Old 12-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #1056
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Ha haaaa! Tricked you all, I'm back on. Just kidding. Forgot to pay car reg. Yuck!

Quote:
Oh Patty, you had to remind me. It's 1 of my fave rides, especially at night during fireworks. Definitely have to make sure I get on at least once then before the wknd's over. Fingers crossed.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #1057
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Ha haaaa! Tricked you all, I'm back on. Just kidding. Forgot to pay car reg. Yuck!

Oh Patty, you had to remind me. It's 1 of my fave rides, especially at night during fireworks. Definitely have to make sure I get on at least once then before the wknd's over. Fingers crossed.
Have fun! I was really hoping they would close it on Jan 22 since there is a holiday weekend and possibly bigger crowds... alas... Jan 7. BOO!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #1058
Skpnw
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I am very bummed that it is closed... The one at Disney World was closed last January when we were there and now the DL one is closed. I can't win!!

My kids are now on winter break from preschool - so that means running on the treadmill at the gym starting tomorrow. Yuck. I just can't get motivated to go far on the treadmill - yes, it is warmer (and much, much drier), but I just don't like it.
Skpnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #1059
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Tink is the first race for me and for Longhorn2 as well. Maybe that's why.
Me,too.

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #1060
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Ok so my Bib # is 4673. Not sure what that means, if its good or its bad, but thats what it is and it makes this feel super real!!!!!

Oh and the Dumbo Double sounds cool! I can't do the DL marathon but if I could, I would definitely be doing the 10K as well!

Kirsten
Old 12-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #1061
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

I can't believe no one has commented on the new course. Yucky! I really liked how the parks were broken up last year. What's going to motivate me to finish now?? I might just stop at the HoJos on mile 11 and go back to bed. . I'm excited to do both parks back to back, but I'm a lowly motivated runner and just know with nothing "fun" after the parks, I'll probably slow down. I wonder if they didn't get the parks emptied fast enough last year hence the 45 min earlier start and bith parks at the beginning.

5k question: is it the same? How do spectators see their finishers?

I'm bib 2739 - but not feeling worthy of B corral. I haven't touched the pavement or treadmill since W&D on Nov 10!

About 20000 numbers. Last year people said it was a person running under an organization or charity. What about even people who booked w GET Travel??
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #1062
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

I just cant believe its all coming up so fast. I hope they maybe have more motivation shinanigans out of the park... Stuff to look at thats what I need. Bah Im getting really nervous tho. But the training clock is running out of time.. I hope iv trained enough. I have been thinking about an extra 30 mins to my regular runs during the week... Maybe that would make my long runs feel easier. My short regular runs are normally between 5.5 - 6miles, and my long runs are between 9.5-10.5 miles. Which get longer as each week passes.. I normally go up by .5 mile. Bah.. I really really really truly think this is good enough. lol Im so nervous. Jeepers!! Its funny to me how something so *magical* aka Disney can Frighten me so much! lmao

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #1063
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Jessica- are you a team or running with a charity?
I'm running with my sister as a team, so this could be why I have the 21963 bib.

Specialks - I am SOOOOO with you. In fact, the course has me really worried. We're not even running through the GardenWalk at the end, which would have maybe peaked my interest a little and kept me running. Now what will I have to look forward to? My sister said "A snack and a medal." Eh. I'm not that enthused about the snack box they give away. I want the medal, but I'm not as excited about it as my sister is (she's a self-professed 'Medal *****').

Dumbo Double, huh? Well, I have a few weeks to decide if I will try to talk my DH into letting me. Confession: I first read it as Dumbo Drop, and pictured an extremely unappetizing medal!!!

ETA: Oops!! Look at that - my very first censoring! Those asterisks should rhyme with bore.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #1064
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Oh we discussed the map- when the description was first posted. No bueno- not a happy Tink. But I'll try to make the best of it and remind myself that the finish line is steps away from my hotel. LOL!!!

**Tinker Bell Ride 5K** is almost complete... I found a lot of info, but need to find about 1,311 feet of ride for us to go on! It's taking us all over the park, but sticking to DL only (not DCA) I'd love to add Peter Pan but I cannot find the track distance listed anywhere! I can get the time length, but not the track length. It's getting annoying- but I will find it, oh yes, I will!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #1065
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

BTW- if you want to cheat and do it the fast way, take the DL RR around the park, and then get on the monorail. 5K+ a little extra= DONE!

I am totally nerding out this morning.

My No-Guilt Life

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: