Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #1021
lilybell08
Earning My Ears

Hi, everyone. I hope it's okay if I ask an etiquette question. I will probably be in the last corral so I want to try to get as much in the front as possible. My run/walk intervals are 30sec/30sec and I am not sure if I need to signal people behind me when going to walking. I don't want to be in anyone's way but I also want to make sure that I do what I need to to get to the finish line. I did an 11 miler this past weekend with an average pace just above 15 minute miles so for the first time since training started I feel like I can get to the finish.
I saw on RunDisney's FB page that someone posted how to find the USATF certified course map for 2013 so I hope that will help those of you looking for the course map.
lilybell08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #1022
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skpnw

A very long time ago (and I say about 12-15 years ago), when my friend used to work at Disney, I did a Fantasyland 5K like that - you had to ride Small World a certain number of times, the Peter Pan ride, etc - it was a fundraiser. So it is possible
Oh man how fun! I think we need to research some rides and do a 5k after Tink on rides.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #1023
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skpnw View Post
A very long time ago (and I say about 12-15 years ago), when my friend used to work at Disney, I did a Fantasyland 5K like that - you had to ride Small World a certain number of times, the Peter Pan ride, etc - it was a fundraiser. So it is possible
Now that would be fun!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #1024
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell08 View Post
Hi, everyone. I hope it's okay if I ask an etiquette question. I will probably be in the last corral so I want to try to get as much in the front as possible. My run/walk intervals are 30sec/30sec and I am not sure if I need to signal people behind me when going to walking. I don't want to be in anyone's way but I also want to make sure that I do what I need to to get to the finish line. I did an 11 miler this past weekend with an average pace just above 15 minute miles so for the first time since training started I feel like I can get to the finish.
I saw on RunDisney's FB page that someone posted how to find the USATF certified course map for 2013 so I hope that will help those of you looking for the course map.
I'm sure others can help you out more than I can. In the very few races I've done I've noticed (and tried to do the same) that people who are walking are on the right side of the road and runners stay to the left. So when I would run, I'd be in the middle or near the right side and when it was time for me to walk I'd make sure no one was directly behind me and work my way further to the right before I started walking.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #1025
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
From a ridiculous amount of googling, I read some where that if you start to walk your supposed to raise your left arm and shout walking so the people behind you are aware that you are starting up and slowing down. haha we should make signal lights with hazard lights for when we start walking. Ill draw the line there. BUT if any one suggests backing up beeping sounds.....

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #1026
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YOU ROCK! I run walk and just stick to the right side during the beginning of the race. It eventually spaces out a bit, but that's how I do it! WTG on your 11 miler! You've totally got this!

http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/...seID=CA12112RS

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #1027
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Oh man how fun! I think we need to research some rides and do a 5k after Tink on rides.
I'm so in if you're halfway serious!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #1028
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I'm so in if you're halfway serious!
I am nerdy enough to be TOTALLY serious. I'll scour the internet when I have a chance and see if I can come up with some sort of plan to get a 5K in on rides. That would be AWESOME.

Gotta figure you get some distance in on Small World, Pirates, and Splash Mtn. I suppose we can't count the loops of Dumbo. That's kinda like you running around the castle in your tutu over and over again.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #1029
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

The link looks live, but it didn't fine my info. can someone else check?

http://www.trackshack.com/disneyspor...3tb/verify.php

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #1030
lilybell08
Earning My Ears

I was able to get to my waiver on there.
lilybell08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #1031
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Okay, they had the wrong DOB. It's working! Got my Bib number.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #1032
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Got my voucher, too! This makes it even MORE real.

I never ask my DH for anything for Christmas (well.... Hardly Ever.... ), but last night I dropped some major hints about buying me the Rock'N Roll 1/2 Marathon TourPass. Unlimited registrations for the North American RNRs in 2013 for $399!!

Tried to sweeten the deal by selling him on romantic getaways to the race locales for just the 2 of us (leaving 3 yo DD home with grandparents). He ALMOST bit; said I should think about buying it for 2014 when our DD is a little older. But then again, I will be older, too!!! I turn 40 in 2014. He reminded me how good it would feel to tell myself "Look at all these 1/2 marathons I'm running at age 40 that I never could have done at age 20!"

He's my biggest

Blew off my workout this morning. Couldn't get out of bed at 4:45 and out the door in <30 degree weather. What a wimp!

OH! AND you guys have been cracking me up with the last couple dozen posts!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #1033
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Yay! I'm bib #5822
niclodn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #1034
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

My bib number is redonkulously generous for my current speed. I'll probably start back a corral. Or at least in the VERY back of my assigned one. Cause I don't think I'll come near my old 10K time at this point with my leg being the way it is.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #1035
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by niclodn View Post
Yay! I'm bib #5822
Do the Bib numbers correspond to the corral you will be placed in? Im bib number........ 7535

ah! This is real life!! in 27 days ill be flying to Disney and 29 running.... farther then I could have ever imagined. This is Crazy. BANANA's really!!

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: