Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #991
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
Okay I guess it is my time to have the crud. All my chest and abdomen muscles are sore from retching.

No running for me this weekend, and no work. I have been off since wednesday. Stupid norovirus. I guess that is one of the drawbacks of working in a hospital.
I'm so sorry it got you. Feel better.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #992
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Boo! Feel better! My son is laying on the couch not feeling well. I'm staying as far from him as a mommy can. Which means I'm not very far. Lol. I sure hope the ick passes fast for everyone!

I'm pretty happy about my recovery after the long run yesterday. I had a busy day running around yesterday that might have helped. Compression too!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #993
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Hope you feel better soon Indygirl!

Long run on Saturday was 6 miles. Longest I've gone in almost 2 months so I was proud of myself for being able to do it! Felt pretty good too. Recovery seems good as well. Bummer now is rain all week this week so keeping my fingers crossed that the evenings are dry enough for me to sneek my short runs in.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #994
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Woot Woot!

Ran my furthest last night. 10 miles. Completed in 2:23. That puts me around 3:10 for the Tink!!!!!

Old 12-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #995
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
Woot Woot!

Ran my furthest last night. 10 miles. Completed in 2:23. That puts me around 3:10 for the Tink!!!!!

Oh! And I'm down 18 pounds since I began training in late July.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #996
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
Awesome on BOTH accomplishments! Great job!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #997
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys for the well wishes.

Felt better this morning so got dressed to go out and run some. Went outside to find it raining and the front lawn and driveway a soggy mess. The wind had blown over our and our neighbors trash cans and all my neighbors trash and recycling was in MY yard and driveway. I got to clean it all up because he said it wasn't his. Of course the mail all had his name and address on it and I don't drink soda or eat take out pizza but okay I cleaned it up.

By this time I was soaked. Even dressed for running in the rain you can only stay so dry. Went back in the house, changed and grabbed the car keys before I could change my mind and went to the gym. Made it 30 mins and 2 miles before the heat of the gym forced me to stop. I really do hate running inside.

Now as I sit here typing the sun is shinning and the pretty white clouds mention no rain. But boy are they moving fast. The wind right now is pretty awesome. Where oh where is my weather now?

Jessica great job on the weight.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #998
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv

Rockstar! I'm chasing you- I'm around 16 lbs down since July. I think we are going to meet that 20 lbs loss by Tink goal! Woot woot!

Nice run too!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #999
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Indygirl- that's a win! I'd never go out or even think about going out in the rain. If its raining at the race I'll be crying but I will do it. But only for a race.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #1000
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Nice job everyone. Seems like we all head a set back at about the same time - nicely done getting back out at it.

Indygirl - isn't this weather insane right now? Its snowing one minute, then blue skies, then wind storm, then thunder... I'm sure you're getting the same craziness we are.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #1001
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Patty I live in the Pacific Northwet where it rains from mid-October thru the fourth of July so if I didn't run in the rain I probably wouldn't run at all. Since I hate running inside so much. Now if I still lived in Dallas I'm afraid I would not be a runner since I don't do heat that well either.

I've got some nice tech running gear and a tech rain jacket that helps for most of my runs. The mantra warm shower at home helps me for the times the gear doesn't.

Kindakrazy My DH said it was snowing when he left work to come home today at noon and by the time he got home, 20 mies, the sun was shinning. Crazy it is.

I just pray for no rain and 50 degrees for Tinkerbell weekend.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #1002
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
Patty I live in the Pacific Northwet where it rains from mid-October thru the fourth of July so if I didn't run in the rain I probably wouldn't run at all. Since I hate running inside so much. Now if I still lived in Dallas I'm afraid I would not be a runner since I don't do heat that well either.

I've got some nice tech running gear and a tech rain jacket that helps for most of my runs. The mantra warm shower at home helps me for the times the gear doesn't.

Kindakrazy My DH said it was snowing when he left work to come home today at noon and by the time he got home, 20 mies, the sun was shinning. Crazy it is.

I just pray for no rain and 50 degrees for Tinkerbell weekend.
YES! No rain and 50 at the start- I am all over that plan!

I run very little from May-Sept outside. It's just too gross. I won't sign up for races unless they are in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb. Even March can be pushing it here in Texas! I don't mind the treadmill at all- but it's still hot even in the house when it's 100+ outside, KWIM?

And the rain is more a matter of me killing myself (total klutz) than anything else. I dont mind wet- I do mind wet AND hurt.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #1003
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

30 days!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp!!!!!!!!! Holy crunch time!!!

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #1004
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
YES! No rain and 50 at the start- I am all over that plan!

I run very little from May-Sept outside. It's just too gross. I won't sign up for races unless they are in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb. Even March can be pushing it here in Texas! I don't mind the treadmill at all- but it's still hot even in the house when it's 100+ outside, KWIM?

And the rain is more a matter of me killing myself (total klutz) than anything else. I dont mind wet- I do mind wet AND hurt.

There is nothing but snow and ice, I have no choice to run inside. But Iv learned to love it, mainly because our gym has wifi... haha So i watch Movies on my phone while I run. lmao.... I couldnt imagine running in the rain.. or the heat. Im pretty sure there is no happy medium and what we get is what we get. What a shame. lol

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #1005
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Soooooooooooooo............

Remember when I asked several days ago what everyone is planning for post-Tink? Weeeeeeelllll, I may have been bitten by the running bug. I've all but decided to run a local half-marathon in March (Shamrock'n - You get a free beer once you cross the finish line, LOL). Now I'm looking at all the Rock'n Roll Halfs across the country. How much fun would it be to do the New Orleans one in February or the Portland, OR one in May? San Diego in June? Anyone with me?

I like that I've lost these 18 pounds. I did the math - that's 25% to my overall loss goal!!!! Seems like I have to keep on trucking if I want to lose this caboose.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: