Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #931
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I just went and checked the official site and while there is still no map there is this course description

Quote:
The course for this race packed with pixie dust will begin on Disneyland Drive where runners will pass under Downtown Disney® on their way into Disney California Adventure® Park. Runners will experience the glitz and glamour of the Park's Hollywood Boulevard, before racing down Route 66 into Cars Land, and winding around the glistening Paradise Bay. The race will continue down the famed Main Street U.S.A. and pass the home of Tinker Bell and her pixie pals, Pixie Hollow, before it makes its way around the Rivers of America. After Disneyland® Park, the race will cut through Downtown Disney® by the Disneyland® Hotel and then it is on to the City of Anaheim. Runners will race through the enchanting, historic neighborhoods of downtown Anaheim, down the Anaheim Center Street Promenade and past Anaheim Ice on their way towards City Hall. Before returning to the Disneyland® Resort runners make their way past the Anaheim GardenWalk, and then it's time for their "Fairy"-tale finish near Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel.

So it sounds like we are doing both parks right at the beginning. Drat!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #932
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Ugh. Yeah, that's new info.

I'm pretty sad about it. It's like eating dessert and finishing with Brussel sprouts.

But carsland in the dark will be pretty sweet.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #933
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Ugh. Yeah, that's new info.

I'm pretty sad about it. It's like eating dessert and finishing with Brussel sprouts.

But carsland in the dark will be pretty sweet.

That's EXACTLY what its like. Oh well, we'll just have to find something else to look forward to at the end.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 12-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #934
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
That's EXACTLY what its like. Oh well, we'll just have to find something else to look forward to at the end.
LOL I'm sure there will be SOMETHING that might be worth finishing strong for!

Ah well, it's still better than running a half through just Anaheim, right? I wonder how many miles will actually be in the parks and DTD. Can I just run that section twice?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #935
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wonder how many miles will actually be in the parks and DTD. Can I just run that section twice?
Not many. But ya, I'm good to just loop contentiously! Lets just skip Anaheim all together and run up and down Route 66 and then over and back and forth through the castle! Think they'd let us do that? LOL!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 12-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #936
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I'll still do 13.1 so it should be legal and all. HA! I'm not normally a loop fan but I'd do a couple loops this way - it would keep me motivated and entertained at least!

I'm guessing the EMH at Carsland mucked things up a bit. Or maybe wanting to allow us to run through carsland might have forced a change as well.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #937
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm guessing it's going to look like the first 4 miles of the DL half course

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwo...Course-Map.pdf

Then instead of going out toward Ball Road, we turn down DL Dr and connect to the map where Tink 2012 picks up going through DTD on Magic Way.

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwo...20Map%20v2.pdf

Probably keep the same basic course for the Anaheim portion, but have to find an extra 2 miles we would lose at the end- either routing us back without going through parks or maybe extending some of the downtown Anaheim portion. Have us go out an extra mile before we double back like the mile 7 in 2012 map? Or go an extra block on Ball and straight down Lewis St?

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #938
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I just went and checked the official site and while there is still no map there is this course description

So it sounds like we are doing both parks right at the beginning. Drat!
Ok so not what I was hoping for but I do like the part about running down Route 66!!! AND I still haven't seen Carsland at night so super excited to see that neon all lit up!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #939
Shananana
Mouseketeer

Did I tell you all that I ran 13.1 miles on Sunday?
I ran 13.1 miles on Sunday.

Here it is:
Ran first 7 miles really well at a 10 minute pace (or so...)
Then stopped and got some water. I kept the timer running to simulate the actual race... I mean, I want pictures, right?!?
Ran another 2 miles or so and got tired around mile 9. Started running 10:1 minute intervals.
Was at 11 miles at 2:22, so I feel great about that. Crapped out and walked the rest. Stopped at the store, too. All told, it took me 3:06 (average pace 14:23)

The best part was that I felt great! I mean, yes, I was sore. My feet still hurt a little. But there's nothing debilitating. I feel like I can go out and run another 8 miles tomorrow. (I'm not going to...)

I feel better about this because I'm going to Disneyland this weekend! No long run for me this weekend.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #940
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananana View Post

Here it is:
Then stopped and got some water. I kept the timer running to simulate the actual race... I mean, I want pictures, right?!?
Ran another 2 miles or so and got tired around mile 9. Started running 10:1 minute intervals.
Was at 11 miles at 2:22, so I feel great about that. Crapped out and walked the rest. Stopped at the store, too. All told, it took me 3:06 (average pace 14:23)

The best part was that I felt great! I mean, yes, I was sore. My feet still hurt a little. But there's nothing debilitating. I feel like I can go out and run another 8 miles tomorrow. (I'm not going to...)

I feel better about this because I'm going to Disneyland this weekend! No long run for me this weekend.

Nicely done! Was that your first time running the half distance? If so, CONGRATS!!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 12-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #941
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Here it is:

Tht is awesome!!! Great job!!!

Kirsten
Old 12-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #942
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Here it is:

WOOT WOOT! WTG! How exciting. Enjoy DL this weekend. You are going to have a killer race in January! You are totally ready. (and I'm totally jealous! lol)

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #943
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Here it is:

Thats awesome! Im new to the disney races.. my husband keeps telling me to train to win. I keep telling him im training not to die after 13.1 miles. Way to go 3:06 is great! With that I have a few questions:

1:Does any one know what I should keep in mind for a realistic goal? I did 10 miles on saturday in just under 2 hours. My goal is to either hit the finish line at 2 hours or anything under 3. lol I also am confused about picture taking with the characters? Iv been training to run, and keep running. So Im not sure if taking pictures will really mess with my pace - I am ABSOLUTELY FRIGHTENED of getting swept!!

2: I also just bought a new hydration belt - which Im pretty stoked about. but I also bought a new arm band for my ipod and Im 99% sure my hubby bought me a GPS watch. SO im basically worried ill look like a robot, what should I be wearing to the half. I dont want to stand out and look New. lol

3: Do you think im stressed about this? lmao The answer is yes. lol

Thank you!!

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #944
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats on the 13.1!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerPlouffe View Post
1:Does any one know what I should keep in mind for a realistic goal? I did 10 miles on saturday in just under 2 hours. My goal is to either hit the finish line at 2 hours or anything under 3. lol I also am confused about picture taking with the characters? Iv been training to run, and keep running. So Im not sure if taking pictures will really mess with my pace - I am ABSOLUTELY FRIGHTENED of getting swept!!

2: I also just bought a new hydration belt - which Im pretty stoked about. but I also bought a new arm band for my ipod and Im 99% sure my hubby bought me a GPS watch. SO im basically worried ill look like a robot, what should I be wearing to the half. I dont want to stand out and look New. lol
As for goal, I would say w/ 10 miles at 2 hrs is abt 12min/mile so w/ 13.1 I would guess 2:40/2:45 or so w/o stopping for pics. As for pics, the characters are only in the park so you only have to worry about those miles. The lines vary depending on who they are and who you want to take the pics w/. Last year the Tangled line was crazy long, I've never stopped before but most I would guess would be no more than 5 min; Tangled was a lot longer than that. Also, some of the points where we go backstage at first get a little crowded and you have to slow down, so I would say w/ pics depending on how many you want to take around 3 would be good.

And w/ your gear, no worries ~ a lot of people wear everything you'll be wearing. I run w/ a belt and watch, no arm band I just use my shuffle. But a ton of people wear all 3!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #945
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

For pictures, do people run with cameras in their hands or are you just using your phone or???
I ran Nike with my playsport in my hand. It was perfect cause its shock proof, water proof and it has a strap I could put around my wrist. But it doesn't have a flash and now that both parks are gonna take place before daylight, I'm thinking that wont really work if I want pics with any characters.

Kirsten

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: