Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #916
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

What are the Expo hours usually? Still not sure which day we're coming in but I'm hoping for Friday.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #917
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Hahaha Jessica! I'm not a runner either. I'm just a rundisney runner.

I'll do princess, but after that I retire from long runs until training starts again. I'll run, but 4-5 will be my max. Too hot too fast here plus I'm usually waaayyyy over distance by the end of feb

I'm trying to talk myself into marathon or goofy next year but the thought of those long training runs makes me want to hurl.

If I do those, I'll be training end of next summer again. But if its just princess (or Tink and princess!) I don't have to really do much until sept/oct.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #918
cryssi
Kabocha
Looking for the scripty one
I want to experiment with fondant flowers
Long live the white walls!!
I need the extra oomph

I'm in, doing the half and C2C
Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #919
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post

6 weeks to go and now I'm wondering what I'm going to do AFTER the race. I'm so focused on the main goal (finishing the Tink) that I have hardly given any thought to January 21st and beyond! People are starting to ask me "So, are you going to keep running?" A friend of mine has been asking me to register for a 1/2 marathon here in town in March (Shamrock'n 1/2). But since I'm not usually a runner, I'm asking myself.... Do I really want to keep going? This could be an expensive way to exercise, ya know?

So, for those of us non-runners who aren't crazy enough to try to do the Princess almost immediately after the Tink (I'm looking at YOU, Patty!!) -- what are your plans for AFTER January 20th?

I'm following Patty to Florida and doing the Princess half too. Gee, that makes me sound like a crazy stalker yet again but I promise I'm not!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #920
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Went out with my galloway group for my long run today. Was supposed to be an 8 miler.

Started good, no rain, 40 degrees, and I was the pacer did I say it started good? We did 30:30 and I knew I had to stay on pace and not go out fast as there was a new runner with the group. Yeah me for staying on the slower side pf the pace.

Did great till mile 4.5 when I got a wicked calf cramp, walked trying to get it to go away, which it did until I tried to run again at mile 5. No go so it was walk the rest of the distance. Took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up with 7.65 miles instead of 8.

Finished in 2:18. Not bad for having walked the last 3ish miles.

Now I'm sitting here freezing my tushy off, whats with that?
Old 12-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #921
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Just back from my cruise on the Disney Fantasy, it was a blast!!!! I ran the CC5K in 34 mins by myself my husband who is my encouragement and pacer had to stay with my daughter. I couldnt really run on the ship since it was rocking so much Deck 4 was closed and I know I would have fallen off the treadmill...so now back to training!
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #922
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Nice job running on vacation! Great time too!

I've got a long run this weekend and slightly dreading it already. ha ha ha. It needs to be 10+ I have planned it for 12, but honestly, once I hit 10 if I am feeling like I expect to, I'll be calling it good! It's just that time of year where 1)tired of training 2)tons of
stuff" to do

I'd really like to do the 12 and then one more long of run 12-14, but if it doesn't happen I can make the 10 work for me. I'll have to, right?

How are the injuries? Everyone check in! We are in the home stretch here!

In another 2 weeks we should have waivers and course (I hope!) and all that good stuff.

Course issue--- something that I'm a little concerned about now. The hours were released for Sunday and DCA opens at 8am for EMH that morning. I wonder if they will be changing the course to accommodate this? Last year the end of the run was through DCA (and I was hoping we would get a Carsland detour this year!) but with the EMH and the sheer numbers of people heading right to CL, I wonder if we will see a different map.

Race starts at 5, but there are certainly people who will be out there until almost 9.

Come on Disney! We wanna see the course!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #923
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Nice job running on vacation! Great time too!

I've got a long run this weekend and slightly dreading it already. ha ha ha. It needs to be 10+ I have planned it for 12, but honestly, once I hit 10 if I am feeling like I expect to, I'll be calling it good! It's just that time of year where 1)tired of training 2)tons of
stuff" to do

I'd really like to do the 12 and then one more long of run 12-14, but if it doesn't happen I can make the 10 work for me. I'll have to, right?

How are the injuries? Everyone check in! We are in the home stretch here!

In another 2 weeks we should have waivers and course (I hope!) and all that good stuff.

Course issue--- something that I'm a little concerned about now. The hours were released for Sunday and DCA opens at 8am for EMH that morning. I wonder if they will be changing the course to accommodate this? Last year the end of the run was through DCA (and I was hoping we would get a Carsland detour this year!) but with the EMH and the sheer numbers of people heading right to CL, I wonder if we will see a different map.

Race starts at 5, but there are certainly people who will be out there until almost 9.

Now I really want to see the map!!! I too was hoping for a Carsland detour! Come on disney! Dont keep us waiting!

Injury report: 4 more days left of my two week rest. Leg has felt good the last 3 days. And I've learned a neat little trick...if I ride the bike for 30+ minutes the shin pain goes away by the next day! Soooo these next few weeks I'll definitely be working the bike riding in on my non run days. If I add one mile to my long run each week I'll have done 9 miles as my longest by the time Tink is here. I can make that work if I have to.

Question for you guys...for your long runs, how much distance do you add each week? I was doing a mile just to be safe. Think it would be ok if I did more than that? Like maybe 1.5 or 2 tops?

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #924
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Hi guys. I haven't even done a run since the W&D so I really need to get in gear. Went to running store yesterday and bought new shoes. Yea me! Hoping this will stop the blister forming on my right big toe during long runs. The store salesperson said that there's a good chance the blister was a sign that my shoes had lost stability. They were 5 years old...

So now I have to brave the cold and rain or commit to the treadmill.

I too can't wait for the course. Come on already! It makes me think there will be changes bc otherwise the approvals and plans would have been in place from 2012 race and they should have released it. The fact that it still isn't out makes me think their waiting for approval on something.
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #925
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
Yes, please, forward me the email; do you still have my address after the last time? I can't figure out WHY I'm not getting them! I know they have my email because I received my registration confirmation, but not a peep since then.
Jessica ~ I'm so sorry I forgot to email you last week, I just sent it to you. As for emails, they're always weird. I know people who've been running the DL 1 since the first year and don't get them. I usually get them at my yahoo and hotmail account, and for Tink, I'm just getting them at hotmail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
What are the Expo hours usually? Still not sure which day we're coming in but I'm hoping for Friday.
Either 10 or 12 to around 7 or 8. Last year was I think 10-8, but the 5k was at night on Fri. This year w/ the 5k Sat, it could be like the DL Expo which opens at 12 and goes to I think 7, maybe 8.

Quote:

Here's my thought if they have DCA opening at 8 ~ we could start the course like last year entering DL 1st, and instead of turning up DTD to Walnut we cross the promenade and go into DCA, run around there and then go up DTD to Walnut. At the end of the race instead of running through DCA, b/c we already have, we do what we do in Sept and go in the old parking lot and along the outside of the DCA to Disneyland Dr and then to Katella and Harbor. That way, we get both parks but do them early and they can still open at 8 w/ no problems. Or, they keep the course the same just keep the course blocked off and still open at 8 and park people just go around us like for the marathon in WDW. But I don't really see that being safe w/ everyone running to Cars Land b/c it's still "new". Too many people won't care that we're running, they just want to get on the rides. Fingers crossed we'll get the course before or w/ our waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
Question for you guys...for your long runs, how much distance do you add each week? I was doing a mile just to be safe. Think it would be ok if I did more than that? Like maybe 1.5 or 2 tops?
I usually do around a mile or mile and a half. They usually say between 10-15% increase in mileage is good.

Finally booked my flight home for Sunday night. I was holding out and hoping prices would go down, but no go. That's okay though, got on the last flight out so I can still play after the race until around 5 or so. So now, everything is done, just have to run and wait! I'm a DL girl and usually going to WDW is a big deal, but is it wrong to say I'm more excited about Tink than Goofy? I don't know, maybe b/c I know that when I hit Tink it'll all be over for a little bit or I just worried about finishing Goofy. Either way, can't wait until next month!!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #926
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I really want one park at beginning and one at the end. So even if they swap DCA first and DL at the end I'd be happier!

I also add 1-1.5 to my long runs every other week. I'll go 12.5-12 this weekend I hope.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #927
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I really want one park at beginning and one at the end. So even if they swap DCA first and DL at the end I'd be happier!
Me too! It just gives you something to look forward to when you're starting to feel it around 9 or 10. "Just a little further more and I'm back in the park!" Plus, the scenery is better than the outside fence of DCA.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #928
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I'm assuming a change of some sort since its taking a while for them to post it. Or Anaheim has picky zoning or something going on.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #929
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping they split up the parks too. I NEED to know I have a park to run through at the end to keep me going. One at the start to get us pumped and one at the end to have something to look forward to. That is what I nearby decree.

Okay, so I have absolutely no say in this but that is what I want darn it! LOL!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #930
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99
Went out with my galloway group for my long run today. Was supposed to be an 8 miler.

Started good, no rain, 40 degrees, and I was the pacer did I say it started good? We did 30:30 and I knew I had to stay on pace and not go out fast as there was a new runner with the group. Yeah me for staying on the slower side pf the pace.

Did great till mile 4.5 when I got a wicked calf cramp, walked trying to get it to go away, which it did until I tried to run again at mile 5. No go so it was walk the rest of the distance. Took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up with 7.65 miles instead of 8.

Finished in 2:18. Not bad for having walked the last 3ish miles.

Now I'm sitting here freezing my tushy off, whats with that?
Good job! I've been gone for the whole month of November with trips and haven't done any distance since The Wine & Dine 1/2. I'm still fighting left calf issues but I hope to see you on Saturday.
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: