Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #886
Leskash75
Mouseketeer

I need to definitely get some KT tape. Tomorrow is "speed work"
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #887
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2
That thread is way slow this year. The Princess is hoppin' but Tink on the WISH thread is way slow! Sad. But easier to keep up with one thread vs 2. LOL

Did 10.5 today. It was REALLY GOOD until mile 6ish. Bottoms of my feet started to hurt. I was in new shoes (ran about 15 miles total in them so far) so it could have been this- it could have been the socks. I usually run in feetures but switched for some dumb reason this morning to the balegas. I knew they were not a good option from previous long runs.

Hoping it's the socks and not the shoes because the shoes are pretty expensive. LOL And they are really pretty and I love them.

But the GREAT news is--- KT tape worked and I had NO PAIN in my ITB. Only issue was my foot (and a little bit of bonking at mile 7+... need to learn to fuel correctly) I stopped at the car, changed into my old shoes (something told me to bring them as back up!) and finished my last 3 miles pain free. But a lot slower because my feet were still mad at me.

Overall, it was a 14:04 min mile--- and in theory that should be 1-2 min slower than what happens on race day. If that's the case, then I am going to be sitting on a BIG FAT PR during my celebration meal! (yes, I am that slow! lol)

OHHHHH--- and the IMPORTANT news. ha ha ha. My mom came over and we started working on the Isabella campfire girl costume. I think it's going to be really cute. First real costume race for me. Hope it's not something I regret!

Happy Saturday everyone!

I was Isabella for the Halloween party!!!!

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #888
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
I was Isabella for the Halloween party!!!!

SO cute!!! I love Isabella! You did her justice!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #889
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2

SO cute!!! I love Isabella! You did her justice!
Thanks! Candace turned out well, too, but she's hidden.... Can't see the whole outfit. And those orange stripes were a pain....

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #890
Shananana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
AHA! That would be part of the explanation, then. I had some chicken and pasta the night before, but I don't think I ate any dinner at all 2 days prior. Man, I have a lot to learn about how to fuel my body!

7 WEEKS TO GO!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Did 10.5 today. It was REALLY GOOD until mile 6ish...
I did only 10.25 miles on Saturday... same story. I was good until mile 5 and then had some water and my body just stopped. I think I have the same issue as Jessica... I need to learn how to fuel my body. I think I may have been dehydrated.

I was cramping pretty bad afterwards and all day yesterday. I was having shin splints and sore joints. So, lots of stretching today.

BUT the good news is, even with the issues I was having, I had a 13 minute pace...my 10k was at 1 hour and 13 minutes (my qualifier in October was 1:09).

My mom is going to get me a sparkle skirt and wings for Christmas... I'm just too excited now.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #891
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I did get your messages Patty - just about to message you back. Was away for a few days there.....

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #892
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

HEy everyone! Since I'm not running this week I did an hour on the bike yestrday instead of a long run. Which is really good for me cause I hate the bike! Normally I have to push myself to stay on it for 30 minutes so I was pretty happy with myself for doing a whole hour!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #893
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon ladies!!! I got an email today about the race, nothing on the courses just info on the food events and hotels. BUT... they do have a link to sign up/order the Tink D & B bags so if you didn't get the email and would like it, pm me your email address and I can forward the email to you. They kinda look like the ones from last year and there are 3 sizes. Plus side about ordering them is you know you have one, but the downside is that if you have an AP or Disney Visa, I not sure if it'll register the discount that you get at the expo.

Also got my weekly Runner's World email and they have an article about shin splints. I know some people posted they have them here so here's the link if you're interested. Link

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #894
msbell1976
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if they are doing new medals or the same ones from last year?

I googled, and I see medals that all say 'Inaugural" on them, so I assume that these are NOT this years medals.

They released the Princess one all ready, so I figure they'd do Tink soon, too.
DD (7)
msbell1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #895
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

It should be same medal, minus inaugural.

Usually run Disney does the same medals until 5th year anniversary.

I like the dooneys a lot... really cute... but Wowza on the price. That would cut into my celebration libations. Lol. Last year they were about $50 less but yeesh. Not sure I can swing it this time.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #896
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
It should be same medal, minus inaugural.

Usually run Disney does the same medals until 5th year anniversary.

I like the dooneys a lot... really cute... but Wowza on the price. That would cut into my celebration libations. Lol. Last year they were about $50 less but yeesh. Not sure I can swing it this time.
The Dooneys are adorable but sadly out of my price range I think. Thats ok though. They're not my "thing" so I'm not too heartbroken. Very cute though!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #897
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
The Dooneys are adorable but sadly out of my price range I think. Thats ok though. They're not my "thing" so I'm not too heartbroken. Very cute though!
Me too! I got the little barrell one w/ all the attractions on it that was released earlier this year, but that's the only 1 out of all their designs that I've liked. Thankfully!!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #898
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I like the Tink bag over the Princess design, so if I was going to do it... it would be the Tink one for sure. I'd snatch up a wristlet if they were $50ish like they were last year.

I'm doing a dietbet and if I happen to make weight and win any money, I may talk myself into it though.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #899
Leskash75
Mouseketeer

I have thought about doing dietbet I wonder if it would motivate?

Daughter had a baby Monday so work out has been off as I'm taking care of two year old while in hospital. Getting back to it today.
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #900
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leskash75 View Post
Daughter had a baby Monday so work out has been off as I'm taking care of two year old while in hospital. Getting back to it today.
Congratulations!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: