Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #856
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Okay time submitted by email and packed in my bag for tink expo. Yes I already have a bag started don't we all?

DH did the 5K and walked it or kind of powerwalked it and today he is limping around and says his knee hurts. When I looked at the pictures I sure can tell how he hurt it. His feet look like they are at right angles to each other.

He works in retail and is on his feet 8 hours a day. AND we leave in 5 days for Disney. Looks like I am on my way to the store to get him a knee brace. He did not listen to the mantra "no injuries allowed in this house".
Old 11-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #857
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2
Longhorns - do you know what happened to the Princess 1/2 thread? It looks locked....
I think they maxed out posts. There's a new one up!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #858
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Went out and ran my first 4 miles in 4 months and did a 11:12 min mile. So happy!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #859
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and shopping if you did any!

I know it's early, but wanted to give everyone a heads up ~ I was at Target on Saturday and in those $1 bins near the front, they had 2packs of those disposable hand warmers. It was warm last year, but we're going off earlier both date and time so they might comne in handy!

Patty~ who's Isabella? Is she a fairy?

I'm going as Captain Hook ~ got the Hook Raw Threads shirt at the DL Expo and picked up a cheap hook at Halloween time. Now I just have to find a big feather to stick in my running hat and some cheap red tube socks for my arms.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #860
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axy1Zg3vEQg

Sorry- she's from phineus and Ferb.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 11-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #861
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axy1Zg3vEQg

Sorry- she's from phineus and Ferb.
Oh my goodness!!! They are too cute!

Old 11-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #862
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Did an hour run on Saturday, not sure of the mileage but I'm guessing just under 5. That was my first long run in a month and it was tough... I had a cold too which didn't help. But I did it! Next weekend I'll aim for 6 miles.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #863
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Is anyone but me and my race OCD starting to get a little annoyed that we still don't have an official race course yet and we're a month and 1/2 out? I know I have the map from this year in the 1st post and it'll most likely be the same, but still!!! And I'm curious about the 5k map too, b/c last year we started at the castle inside the park vs. the parking lot for the DL 5ks.

Okay, rant over!! How's everyone's training going? Hopefully well! We have rain through Sun and the forecast on weather.com says potential for flooding Sun, so hoping I can get some runs in this week. Has anyone ever shopped at Lucy for running stuff? It's X-mas so I got a catalogue and some stuff looked good.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #864
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Is anyone but me and my race OCD starting to get a little annoyed that we still don't have an official race course yet and we're a month and 1/2 out? I know I have the map from this year in the 1st post and it'll most likely be the same, but still!!! And I'm curious about the 5k map too, b/c last year we started at the castle inside the park vs. the parking lot for the DL 5ks.

Okay, rant over!! How's everyone's training going? Hopefully well! We have rain through Sun and the forecast on weather.com says potential for flooding Sun, so hoping I can get some runs in this week. Has anyone ever shopped at Lucy for running stuff? It's X-mas so I got a catalogue and some stuff looked good.
I had emailed them my time from my turkeytrot and this is part of the reply I got today:

With the race right around the corner we have pulled the database in order to work on corral placements, etc. We are not able to make changes for corral information at this time.

They did go on to tell me how to get the corral changed at the expo.

So it looks like they are busy working on making us happy soon.

I ended up going home from work early today with siatic pain in my right leg. The mantra at this house is "NO injuries" my back and leg had better listen.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #865
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

LOL--- I was just going to ask if anyone remembers when the course was released last year. HA! The Princess course is out- so what gives Tink? I'm pretty OCD myself, and if it's last years course, cool. If they changed it, I start the questions... why? I know some people prefer the stadium run, but I think I would prefer the downtown Anaheim running vs the industrial areas.

I'm wondering if they have to get permits and such and that's why the long wait?

I did 3 on Tues and 2 today, and feeling ok. I'm doing elliptical tomorrow- then supposed to go out for a 10.5 miler on Saturday. Eek! If Sat doesn't feel right, then I'll do it on treadmill on Sunday, but I'd prefer to get this one done outside.

With my NEW Garmin 410! It was supposed to be delivered today, but it hasn't shown. I have the 10, but the deal on amazon got me, and I bought another. I figure I can try it out, if I dont like it DH can have it or I can resell. There's plenty of runners looking for a deal!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 11-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #866
Shananana
Mouseketeer

Training is going well

Really well. 2 weeks ago I ran 9 miles in 2:06. It felt great. I actually RAN the first 7 miles and the last 2 I walked because they were uphill. In my mind, I'm training and I don't want injuries... SO... 7 miles run/2 mile walk in 2:06.

I can live with that!

This weekend, I will do 15 miles. If not, I will do 13.

What's everyone else's "comfort" mile? I noticed that I can do 3 - 4 miles easy. Going to 4 to 5 is AWFUL. But 5 to 6 or 6 to 7 or 8... It's like a walk in the park.

I'm getting so excited.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #867
Belgarion42
Earning My Ears

My brother-in-law and I are registered for the Neverland 5K. This is his first run in years, and my first ever. We've been doing a Couch-to-5K training program, and in just a couple of months I've gone from being able to run a few hundred feet for less than a minute to running about 2.5 miles for 30 minutes. My goal was to be able to hit a 14 - 15minute mile pace, but I'm actually at about 12.5 minutes/mile. My revised goal is a 10-minute mile pace. 3 or4 months ago I would have thought that was impossible, but now I really think I can do it!

I know this is just a "fun run", but it's still a pretty big milestone for me.
Belgarion42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #868
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

50 days! WOOHOO!!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:00 AM   #869
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananana View Post
Really well. 2 weeks ago I ran 9 miles in 2:06. It felt great. I actually RAN the first 7 miles and the last 2 I walked because they were uphill. In my mind, I'm training and I don't want injuries... SO... 7 miles run/2 mile walk in 2:06.

I can live with that!

This weekend, I will do 15 miles. If not, I will do 13.

What's everyone else's "comfort" mile? I noticed that I can do 3 - 4 miles easy. Going to 4 to 5 is AWFUL. But 5 to 6 or 6 to 7 or 8... It's like a walk in the park.

I'm getting so excited.
You are doing GREAT! Way to go! That's my pace for my long runs also. I'm supposed to get my long run in this weekend- if Sat doesn't work, then Sun on tread. If that's a no go, then I'm looking at Monday after work. But it's gonna happen. 10+ for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarion42 View Post
My brother-in-law and I are registered for the Neverland 5K. This is his first run in years, and my first ever. We've been doing a Couch-to-5K training program, and in just a couple of months I've gone from being able to run a few hundred feet for less than a minute to running about 2.5 miles for 30 minutes. My goal was to be able to hit a 14 - 15minute mile pace, but I'm actually at about 12.5 minutes/mile. My revised goal is a 10-minute mile pace. 3 or4 months ago I would have thought that was impossible, but now I really think I can do it!

I know this is just a "fun run", but it's still a pretty big milestone for me.
This is amazing! WTG! You are killing it--- hope you have a GREAT race and really love Running Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
50 days! WOOHOO!!
I know, RIGHT! SO FAST!!! I'm getting TOTALLY excited about heading to DL. The race is still freaking me out because of this leg, but even if I'm bringing up the caboose, I'll be finishing with a smile of my face! (ps Sarah- check your PM!)

My No-Guilt Life
Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #870
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
I know, RIGHT! SO FAST!!! I'm getting TOTALLY excited about heading to DL. The race is still freaking me out because of this leg, but even if I'm bringing up the caboose, I'll be finishing with a smile of my face! (ps Sarah- check your PM!)
Checked and responded!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: