Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #781
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkeepswimmin View Post
I was at the Awesome 80s race around fiesta island at Mission Bay in San Diego last weekend. We are from Arizona but my friend Erin and I thought it would be fun to do this for a proof of time race so we drove in for the weekend.
I'm doing the 1 up here in SF. How close to the race until you had race day info? We still don't a a course or anything besides packet pick-up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
I love hills

My Gps said it was 4 miles but I swear it felt like 13.
Yay! I love them almost as much as you do! But I have heard that they really do help in race training.

Just wanted everyone to know they sent out an email today, mostly generic info, but still info. I know a lot of people don't get the emails, so if you didn't and you want it, pm me your email and I can forward it on to you!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #782
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Another hill hater here. Hate them. Seriously, really hate them.

I went 14kms today and felt great. The first few kms were tough but they always are for me. Then it got really good. Finished feeling strong and looking forward to upping my distance next week!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #783
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I haven't run in A couple if days. My itb is flaming up again. I think it's the increased mileage.

I'm a little worried about this. I can't afford to be sidelined too long so I don't want to make it worse like I did before when I kept running on it.

Grrrr

Rest, ice, ibuprofen and foam roller. Supposed to do 10 next weekend but not seeing that one happening!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #784
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Just ran my 8.5 this morning. Not a great time, but I did it and felt pretty strong the whole time. I'm really going to have to look into getting a belt. It was a drag carrying a water bottle the whole time, and I didn't have any where to stow my Bloks, so guess where they went. So glad jog bras create that great little pocket between the girls. But I could do without the added salt taste once the package was opened.

Yup. Belt shopping this weekend.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #785
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
I haven't run in A couple if days. My itb is flaming up again. I think it's the increased mileage.

I'm a little worried about this. I can't afford to be sidelined too long so I don't want to make it worse like I did before when I kept running on it.

Grrrr

Rest, ice, ibuprofen and foam roller. Supposed to do 10 next weekend but not seeing that one happening!
Hang in there Patty. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post

Just ran my 8.5 this morning. Not a great time, but I did it and felt pretty strong the whole time. I'm really going to have to look into getting a belt. It was a drag carrying a water bottle the whole time, and I didn't have any where to stow my Bloks, so guess where they went. So glad jog bras create that great little pocket between the girls. But I could do without the added salt taste once the package was opened.

That's hilarious! I think you're right!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #786
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post

Too funny. Yes, belt shopping for sure! LOL

I did an easy 2 miles this morning. It felt ok, but I I was very hesitant in the beginning because I could feel the familiar tightening. Rolling, rolling, rolling... plus ice and ibuprofen. Going to keep my non long runs to 2-3 miles instead of the 4+ I was doing. I like the 4, but I think my leg does not.

Long run coming up this weekend- supposed to be 10! I'll have to see where I am come Friday. It may not happen this week, may have to put that one off another week.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 11-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #787
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Too funny. Yes, belt shopping for sure! LOL

I did an easy 2 miles this morning. It felt ok, but I I was very hesitant in the beginning because I could feel the familiar tightening. Rolling, rolling, rolling... plus ice and ibuprofen. Going to keep my non long runs to 2-3 miles instead of the 4+ I was doing. I like the 4, but I think my leg does not.

Long run coming up this weekend- supposed to be 10! I'll have to see where I am come Friday. It may not happen this week, may have to put that one off another week.
Do what your body is telling you to do. I know how frustrating it can be to slow down and cut back the mileage, but I guess sometimes we just have to.

I was thrilled yesterday when I ran 2.7 without any foot pain! Longest run since mid October! I'm gonna stick with that distance this week and I'll TRY to kick it up to maybe 5 on saturday. We'll see how my foot feels.

If anyone is still looking for compression socks I got an email from Procompression this morning. Their Argyle socks are 40% off and free shipping with code SOM112 all month long. This makes them $30. The Argyle design comes in three differnt colors.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #788
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Stupid question that I cant find an answer anywhere to but when is the latest you can submit your time for better placement?
How long does the race have to be?

It only says on the website that you bring it to the expo but I thought it had to be done ahead of time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #789
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
Stupid question that I cant find an answer anywhere to but when is the latest you can submit your time for better placement?
How long does the race have to be?

It only says on the website that you bring it to the expo but I thought it had to be done ahead of time.

I know it's a date in Nov, maybe the 11th? Not postive though. But that is just to have the specific corral on your bib. If you bring times into the expo and change it there, they'll place a sticker w/ your new corral over your bib printed corral. I'd send them an email still, you might still be able to change it if the date is close enough.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #790
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Thanks Kim3339

rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #791
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

From the registration page of the website:
Quote:
Proof of Time

If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in less than 2:45 hours, proof of time is required for start corral placement. Please provide proof of time at the point of registration.

Proof of time should include name of race, year, distance and time finished (i.e. 2010 Disneyland® Half Marathon - 2:25). If you do not have a proof of time to submit, list "N/A" at the point of registration. Proof of time must be provided from a race 10K or longer. All forms of proof of time must be from a race after July 1, 2010. If you do not provide proof of time you will be placed in the last start corral.

If you do not provide proof of time at the point of registration or acquire it after you have registered, then email this information to disneysports@trackshack.com before November 1, 2012. After November 1, 2012 you will need to bring proof of your estimated finish time to the Runner Relations booth at the Expo if you wish to have your start corral placement changed. If you listed a race result as proof of time when registering online, then you do not have to do anything further.

Dates, times and prices subject to change. All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #792
Shananana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkeepswimmin View Post
I was at the Awesome 80s race around fiesta island at Mission Bay in San Diego last weekend. We are from Arizona but my friend Erin and I thought it would be fun to do this for a proof of time race so we drove in for the weekend.

Did you run this race too? It was my first 10K and I thought it was a blast!
I DID! I DID! It was just me. I'm from here, so it was relatively easy for me to get there. It was also my first 10K and it will probably be my favorite for a while. Next time your in SD, maybe we can run together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
I'm doing the 1 up here in SF. How close to the race until you had race day info? We still don't a a course or anything besides packet pick-up?
It was about 2 days prior to race day that we finally got a course and the package pick up info. HTH!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 AM   #793
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Grrrrr.... It band is hurting again. Trying not to freak but no way can I train on this. I mean, I can but it just makes it worse, so not what I need to be doing. Going to try to see PT and get it worked on so I can salvage Tink. I was really hopeful for a huge PR (trust me, I had lots of room to improve!) but now I don't know how it's going to happen

Totally bummed.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 11-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #794
Thundergod
Mouseketeer

I am going to pass along this for those of you who have issues with shin splints, foot pain etc.

I ran my first half marathon last April in the OKC Memorial marathon. Wanna know how I trained up to the month before the marathon? An eliptical.
I have suffered through knee and foot pain for years while running and decided I didn't wanna chance it while training so I used an eliptical.
I did an hour four to five days a week and at the end of each month did an hour and a half. When I did my first actual run I knocked off 10 miles at a 9 minute mile clip. Not record breaking speed but still good enough for me.

Then from mid March to mid April I used the eliptical as I had before except for once a week I would do an actual run. After my first 10 mile run I did the entire 13.1 the next three weeks. My pace was just over 9 minute miles.

I ended up running the half in okc in just over 2 hours... Took me a little longer because I started in the back quite a ways and spent the first hour trying to get through a huge crowd of runners/walkers.

So, just my opinion that if you have issues with pain you might wanna try training as I did. It's how I am going to do it again for this coming April
Thundergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #795
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Hmmm... I may try that. I suspect 2 issues for my IT band flare ups.

1- adding more mileage, and running faster than I have before at the same time

2- I changed my intervals to 30:30 and LOVE running at this pace. But when I changed to those intervals last May was when I first had the ITB issue. Now it's happened again (was doing 1:1 intervals, but 30:30 was a little faster for me, so switched to that) Thinking the almost constant start and stopping is maybe causing issues for me

If I trained on the elliptical for some of the "runs" that might help with the mileage factor. The elliptical is way less stressful on my knees and band.

And I have already mapped out a way to increase my run:walk ratios that could still give me the time I am hoping for, but with a lot less start and stopping. I have to work on the endurance factor to up the run to 4:1 or 5:1 but if I make myself run it at a much slower pace it's doable. Just boring. (yes, I get bored very easily, which is why the 30:30 was nice- it changed things up for me quickly! Can do anything sucky for 30 seconds.... 5 min is a whole other story... lol)

Thanks for the elliptical tip. I'll see if that helps get me through!

My No-Guilt Life

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: