Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #751
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananana View Post
Thanks! I totally did! I rocked it at 1:09. TEN minutes faster than goal!

I just submitted the time for Tink... I hope I did it right.

I send my name, bib number and link to the times. I think that should be enough, no?
I would think so. I sent a screen shot of my results page too. I haven't heard back from them and its been a couple of weeks. Let me know if you hear anything back....

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #752
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

I completed my 10k today too. Missed my 60 min goal but came in under my expected 65 min with a 64 min time. Happy because there was quite a headwind at some stretches and it was raining (welcome to Seattle) but I felt pretty good. I experience this burning sensation in the tops of my ankles from miles 1-3 about. I wonder if it's just anaerobic working muscles and I need to do strength work on my ankles?? Any thoughts?

I have the Wine & Dine coming up and I'm a little concerned about a night race, but I'm looking forward to some pics in front of Epcot with my 3 medals!

Congrats to the others & keep up on the training. I found the holidays a real tough time last year in my training plans!
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #753
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
Humm wind yeah there was plenty of that today.

First I have to say I an NOT a golfer and have never been on a golf course before.

Golf courses have HILLS. Go figure. The 10 K course was 2 times around the 5K course. Well I never made it to the second time around.

I was prepared for the rain, semi prepaired for the wind but not at all prepared for the HILLS.

I finished the 5K in 52 minutes and with the knowledge that I have to change my weekday runs to go east and take advantage of some minor hills not to far from my house. I got some wicked cramps in my hip that I could not work out and was smart enough to know when to pull back. Won't be using this to qualify for a better placement at Tink.

They did have a Sports Chiropracter and massage therapists in the medical tent and I was able to get some good relief from the pain. Now just feeling a little more stiff than usual.

I will go out tomorrow for a brisk walk and see how I feel afterwards. If I feel okay then I will do my "new" run monday.
Oh boo! Did your 5K time register as your 10K time? lol You could TOTALLY get A corral with that one. I'm sorry it was tough. Golf courses can be a nightmare to run I imagine- I haaaatttteee hills myself and only race things I know to be flat. Totally would have bailed if I were you- good job in starting! If it had been me, hills + wind + rain = coffee and donuts.

Quote:

I send my name, bib number and link to the times. I think that should be enough, no?
That's AWESOME. WTG killing your time. I'm so impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I would think so. I sent a screen shot of my results page too. I haven't heard back from them and its been a couple of weeks. Let me know if you hear anything back....
I'd check back with them- I have always gotten a response in a day or two. When I submitted mine, I sent one email with the subject Tink and Princess corrals. I got my Tink response within 2 days and the Princess response took about 4 days, tops. (looks like 2 different groups have to update their records for each race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialks View Post
I completed my 10k today too. Missed my 60 min goal but came in under my expected 65 min with a 64 min time. Happy because there was quite a headwind at some stretches and it was raining (welcome to Seattle) but I felt pretty good. I experience this burning sensation in the tops of my ankles from miles 1-3 about. I wonder if it's just anaerobic working muscles and I need to do strength work on my ankles?? Any thoughts?

I have the Wine & Dine coming up and I'm a little concerned about a night race, but I'm looking forward to some pics in front of Epcot with my 3 medals!

Congrats to the others & keep up on the training. I found the holidays a real tough time last year in my training plans!
No idea about the ankles, but that's awesome you were a little faster than expected! Great job- hope you have a blast at W&D. I would love to try that race but am also a little concerned about the night events. I am a morning person and morning runner all the way.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #754
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Oh boo! Did your 5K time register as your 10K time? lol You could TOTALLY get A corral with that one. I'm sorry it was tough. Golf courses can be a nightmare to run I imagine- I haaaatttteee hills myself and only race things I know to be flat. Totally would have bailed if I were you- good job in starting! If it had been me, hills + wind + rain = coffee and donuts.
I had to laugh at the coffee and donuts. They had 4 long tables with donuts and junk and ONE table with bagels, fruit and juice. And they asked that the runners take all the junk home they wanted. I made DH put back the box of donuts he had under his coat.

The guy who was anouncing the runners names and times totally thought I had completed the 10K. I had the timekeeper make sure and register it as a 5K only. I did have a 5 second vision of corral A and at the 5 second mark I was completely pummeled by the serious runners.

I just want to not be in the very last corral since I am relatively new to running I would like a little cushion.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #755
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'd check back with them- I have always gotten a response in a day or two. When I submitted mine, I sent one email with the subject Tink and Princess corrals. I got my Tink response within 2 days and the Princess response took about 4 days, tops. (looks like 2 different groups have to update their records for each race)
I have sent them another email requesting confirmation that they got my time for both Tink and Princess and still didn't hear anything back. Not sure what to do. Is there a phone number somewhere? I'm using disneysports @ trackshack dot com as the email address without the spaces of course. Is that right?

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #756
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have sent them another email requesting confirmation that they got my time for both Tink and Princess and still didn't hear anything back. Not sure what to do. Is there a phone number somewhere? I'm using disneysports @ trackshack dot com as the email address without the spaces of course. Is that right?
It was actually over a week before I heard back...and I emailed them twice!

Cancelled the Dr. appt for my foot today because it is feeling 75% better. My cross fitting friends gave me a lacrosse ball to roll my foot on at night and though it hurts like heck when I do it, its made a huge difference the following day. I'm hoping I'll be back on track in a coupole more days. MIGHT even go for a run tonight.

Dont know if anyone has ever shopped at finishline.com but I found a code for free shipping FSFALL12 Not sure how long its good for but they have some decent prices on their sale items. I sure did go ahead and order me a new shirt and bra for my bday

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #757
Skpnw
Mouseketeer

I have also emailed my proof of time asking for confirmation and have not heard back as well. I am not sure how to proceed - I guess I have to bring a printout of my race results with me?
Skpnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #758
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skpnw View Post
I have also emailed my proof of time asking for confirmation and have not heard back as well. I am not sure how to proceed - I guess I have to bring a printout of my race results with me?

I guess that is what I am going to do too. Frustrating though. Its been over 3 weeks from my first email and a week since my second one. Still no word....

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #759
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
Humm wind yeah there was plenty of that today.

First I have to say I an NOT a golfer and have never been on a golf course before.

Golf courses have HILLS. Go figure. The 10 K course was 2 times around the 5K course. Well I never made it to the second time around.

I was prepared for the rain, semi prepaired for the wind but not at all prepared for the HILLS.

I finished the 5K in 52 minutes and with the knowledge that I have to change my weekday runs to go east and take advantage of some minor hills not to far from my house. I got some wicked cramps in my hip that I could not work out and was smart enough to know when to pull back. Won't be using this to qualify for a better placement at Tink.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialks View Post

Congrats on the races this weekend ladies!!

As for your ankles, strength training them might help. I put a 20lb weight on my toes while sitting down and lift the top of my foot 15 times each foot 3 times. It's more for shin splints but helps a lot w/ ankle & foot tendons. I've heard balancing and doing calf raises on the bosu balls helps a lot too.

Quote:
I guess that is what I am going to do too. Frustrating though. Its been over 3 weeks from my first email and a week since my second one. Still no word....
That's weird you haven't heard anything. I went back to my emails to double check my time change request and heard w/in a week. My only guess might be that they're busy getting stuff together for W&D? That happened w/ Tink last year ~ it took forever to get our waivers and info b/c they were focused on Marathon Weekend. Kinda like how we don't even have the "official" race course yet and we're 12 weeks out.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #760
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's weird you haven't heard anything. I went back to my emails to double check my time change request and heard w/in a week. My only guess might be that they're busy getting stuff together for W&D? That happened w/ Tink last year ~ it took forever to get our waivers and info b/c they were focused on Marathon Weekend. Kinda like how we don't even have the "official" race course yet and we're 12 weeks out.
Kim, when did you send yours in? I keep thinking its because they're busy with the ToT 10m race....then I didn't hear....now I think they're busy with the W&D....but still, I need to hear back too!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #761
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kim, when did you send yours in? I keep thinking its because they're busy with the ToT 10m race....then I didn't hear....now I think they're busy with the W&D....but still, I need to hear back too!
It was back in July for the Goofy race. I get what you mean about hearing back. I get that they're based back in FL and they have more races in WDW, but DL runners need some love too! As much as I love doing the Disney races, every once in a while I kinda feel like they overlook/look down on the DL races and we're like the red-headed stepchild. It's not often but I do feel it sometimes.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #762
justkeepswimmin
DIS Veteran

Checking in!

Hi All,

New to this thread but I will be doing the tink 1/2 in January. I am new to running and this will be my very first 1/2 marathon. I am really nervous. I ran my first 10k this weekend in San Diego and it went great. Finished faster than I expected (59.13) so I am very happy. I scrolled back through posts here but I am trying to find out how to submit my proof of time so I get a better corral placement. Is there a specific email I should send this info to? I am sorry if this has been covered, I tried to scroll trough tis thread but could not find it.

Looking forward to following this thread and getting support from all the fellow tink runners. My dh was actually one of the the few boys running in the inaugural race last year and I felt pretty left out so I decided to quit with the excuses and take up running myself. Best decision ever

Family DL TRIPS: 10/03 DLH,, 11/03,, 4/05, 7/05,, 8/05 DLH,, 11/05 DLH, 1/06, 2/07 BWPPI,, 9/07 DLH Concierge,, 12/07 Hojos,6/08 DLH, 9/08 GCH, 9/09 1st stay @VGC, 12/09 VGC, 5/10 VGC/Hojos, 9/10 DLH/ VGC, 9/10 Makenna's Bday @PP, 7/11 4th of July/ RI Maingate, 11/11 Sophia Bday, 1/12 Tink 1/2 Marathon/ VGC, 6/12 Molly's Bday @DLH, 12/12 Christmas Trip @ VGC
WDW TRIPS
: Pop Century 9/23/06-10/2/06, Ft Wilderness Cabins 3/16/09-3/23/09 AULANI TRIP/ 1st Trip to HAWAII!!--9/24/11-10/2/11
justkeepswimmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #763
sumlee
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! Count me in too! This will be my first half marathon and I'm super excited!

sumlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #764
Skpnw
Mouseketeer

Finally heard back re: my updated proof of time. I emailed a few weeks ago and received a confirmation email this morning.
Skpnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #765
rosermama
DIS Veteran

New to this thread also... I may have posted once long time ago.
Got my husband signed up as well although he is running for a charity since it was sold out. We picked a good one TAPS (helps families of those who have lost a solider in combat) now just to raise the money.

I had to have surgery on a cyst in a odd area so I cant start training till mid November aghh. But I was running before hand and I can still walk so I walk like 6-8 miles a day.

I will be in the last corral no big deal and I have accepted my fate. My goal is to run it in 3 hours thats between 13-14 min miles. I am power walking 15 min miles now and brisk walking 17 min miles. The last time I ran I did 3.7 miles in 40 mins so I am hoping when I can train again I will be good to go. I am also hoping to lose 28 pounds by the race.

Also running the Princess 1/2 in Feb cant wait!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: