Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #691
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Sarah - Bummer that its gonna be windy and cold. But dont worry about it. You'll do great. I bet with the race excitement you wont notice it very much. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Rich - Thanks for the link! I'll check it out!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #692
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaC925 View Post
Please add CynthiaC925 - my second Tinkerbell half marathon - can't wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piraterunner View Post
Please add me to the list as a repeat also doing the 5k
Added you ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
This is my 10km that I'm hoping to use for my proof of time.

Only problem is that its a night race tomorrow night (they give us all headlamps that we need to wear - cool, eh) but its rainy and windy and cold. The whole race is along the waterfront too so no where to get out of the wind at all.

I'm nervous.
Good luck tomorrow night! Hopefully the weather will get a little better for you!

I went up to SF last night to pick up my bib for Sun. Saw my name on the window, but it was the top row and all I had was my phone, forgot my camera at home. That's okay, I have 1 from the marathon 2 yrs. ago. Went to the store to look at race merch, was looking for a gym bag, 1 that I could also use for a short wknd or something. They had 1 but it was $70!! It was nice and I'm all for race merch, but seriously, $70!! If anyone from Run Disney is reading this, a gym bag would be a nice purchase race weekend, but just not as expensive... Hopefully weather will stay like this Sun., overcast and not too cold, but cool enough.

Good luck w/ wknd runs ladies!!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #693
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Kim - how was the expo? Im bummed I'm most likely going to miss it (a friend is picking up my bib) as we aren't leaving Sac til 2:30 tomorrow and who knows what traffic will be like. Anything I MUST have? I'm defintley heading over to Nike though to look for my name on the window
I'm so excited! I'm not worried about time and running with one of my most fun friends so I'm gonna have my camera in my hand the whole time!

Kirsten
Old 10-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #694
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
Kim - how was the expo? Im bummed I'm most likely going to miss it (a friend is picking up my bib) as we aren't leaving Sac til 2:30 tomorrow and who knows what traffic will be like. Anything I MUST have? I'm defintley heading over to Nike though to look for my name on the window
I'm so excited! I'm not worried about time and running with one of my most fun friends so I'm gonna have my camera in my hand the whole time!
Tiny, it's just a tent in the middle of Union Square. In the tent, they were showing the fuel band/watch and I think a gait analysis. All the race merch is in the Nike store itself. They have a good selection of stuff: shirts, bras, zip up sweatshirts, jackets and I think shorts. I didn't look around much aside from the bag, b/c I got the jacket in '10 and the zip-up last year, but would have if I didn't already have stuff. All the race stuff is on the 2nd floor. They'll also have a huge tent w/ stuff after the finish line and they also add in finisher specific shirts and stuff.

Picture tip~ right at the top of the 1st big hill around 5/6. You'll have the bridge in the back ground, really pretty. I think they have a guy there, but w/ your camera you won't have to wait in line or pay. Also about a 1/2 a mile/mile after that you come out on the ocean side and w/ Cypress trees, it's really pretty also and a pic stop.

Good luck Sunday!!

Old 10-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #695
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Oh thanks Kim! Now I dont care about missing the expo. I'll definitely be going to the Nike store though so sounds like I'll find everything there I want!

Kirsten
Old 10-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #696
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
Can your DH call my DH?
What are knuckle lights? I'll be running in the dark at least once a week this winter and was thinking of getting a head light or something.
http://knucklelights.com/aboutus.sc

This is what I got.

DH said he didn't think he would have any influence over your DH in the shopping department.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #697
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Its RACE DAY!!!! WOohoo!!!!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #698
LuvSulley
Mouseketeer

Ugh!! I couldn't do the 7 miles today! I barley made it to 3 miles.. So disappointed in myself will try again tomorrow. I wonder if changing my intervals was the issue?

BTW, I tried my Nathan belt today and one of the bottles popped out during my run I can't imagine not having water during the run so I'm not sure what to do! I don't want to use the Nathan belt because i think i could hurt someone if it popped out like that during Tink.
LuvSulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #699
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

How was the race Krazy?

Sully- there are good run days and bad run days. Today was a bad one. Hang in there, you will get there! Still lots if time.

I am supposed to run long tomorrow but not sure how I will fit it in! 6-7 miles on schedule.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #700
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
How was the race Krazy?

I'm 4 hours away from race time! Gah!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #701
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I did it. Not happy with my time though.

Came in at 1:00:18

18 seconds over my goal. Gah! I just want to scream. So close and yet so far. I used to run a 10km in about 52 mins and I knew I wasn't going to be anywhere near that but wanted to come in under an hour. Didn't happen.

Oh well....sending it in anyways for my proof of time. Hope is gets me a decent corral. Any one who did it last year have any idea where that may land me?

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #702
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Oh well....sending it in anyways for my proof of time. Hope is gets me a decent corral. Any one who did it last year have any idea where that may land me?
I think I put 2:45 last year and was in Corral C out of I believe F. My guess is 2:12 or so for the 1/2 w/ your time so B. But there's still tons of time if you want to try and get a lower time. Congrats on your race though! How did the weather and nighttime of it all end up playing out?

Kristie~ how'd it go for you? Weather was awesome, part of the reason I love running up in the city. Can I put in a request for that for all my races? Love the necklace w/ the bridge in the corner. Little sore today, calves are definitely feeling it from the steepness of the downhill, so hopefully hopping on the bike tomorrow. The merch tent afterwards was CRAZY!!! The line looked like a 30 min wait. I really liked some of the finishers stuff. Going up tonight for the Giants game, so if it gets over early enough, maybe I'll see if I can hop over to Nike to see if they have some stuff. If not, I'll check the outlets in a few weeks.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #703
BabieDuckie
Earning My Ears

Congrats to those who had a race this weekend! I forgot about the Nike Women's Marathon until I heard about it on the radio this morning. We had such beautiful weather here. If I have the courage to put my name in for next year, I hope the weather is just as beautiful!

I ran 7 miles on Sunday as outlined in the training plan. I was supposed to do it on Saturday but had some things come up so I shifted to Sunday. It took me an hour and 53 minutes to complete it, with an average pace of 16:15/mile. I'm still running 2:2 intervals which is working out okay. I've been thinking about changing to 1:1 to see if it will improve my time at all. I had a bad run on Thursday, and the only reason I say it was a bad run was because on Tuesday I was able to complete 2.56 miles in 30 minutes, and on Thursday only completed 1.75 miles in 30 minutes due to calves cramping and shooting pain going down to my ankles. It made me a little worried for the 7 miles but luckily I was alright once I got past 2.5/3 miles or so.

I ran with my Nathan belt this weekend too. I didn't seem to have any problems with the bottles popping out and the belt didn't shift at all during running. It felt a little weird when I first put it on, but I soon got used to it. It worked well with having liquids to drink on my walk breaks. I even had some Gu CHOMPS in one of the pockets and had a couple of those on my walk breaks too. Does anybody know how far apart the hydration stations are at the race? I'm trying to decide if I should run with water or Cytomax or one of each?

Hope everyone is doing well with training!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #704
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
I think I put 2:45 last year and was in Corral C out of I believe F. My guess is 2:12 or so for the 1/2 w/ your time so B. But there's still tons of time if you want to try and get a lower time. Congrats on your race though! How did the weather and nighttime of it all end up playing out?
Thanks! The nighttime race was so fun but the weather sucked which was too bad. The start of the race was really slow starting out because there were so many people on a very narrow path but after about 3kms it got faster. It was so neat to look ahead down the seawall and see a ribbon of light from the headlamps as far as you could see. Really, really cool experience.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #705
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

It's raining.

I know that sound crazy to most of you but with all the smoke from the wildfires my asthma has really been giving me grief. Now that we have gotten some rain it has washed all the junk out of the air and I can breathe again.

Went out today to run/walk with my new shoes and compression socks. Made it 3.1 miles in 52 min. And I did not have any problems breathing.

My old shoes must have had more miles on them than I thought or the change to the Brooks must have been what I needed. The Brooks have the extra support for pronators and the Sacounys did not so that might have been the difference also. No IT band soreness at all and the feet are not achy either.

I will give these shoes a 2 week trial. I have my short runs, a long run on saturday then next weekend I'm doing a 10K for Halloween. If still no problems then I will go get a second pair of these shoes so I have them for the Tinkerbell.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: