Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #676
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

This is the one link I have saved on my computer
http://www.team-sparkle.com/ I think theres another company that makes them too?

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #677
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
As for Tink, I can't imagine running with wings on! I know they would drive me crazy! A shirt with wings painted on sounds cute though. Is Raw Threads who had the ones I saw posted on here before?
Yes ~ it's Raw Threads. If I remember correctly, they have 1 in black and 1 in green.

Heads up for anyone flying SWA. Got an email about a huge sale and it covers race weekend. The promo code is BIGDEAL40. It has to be a RT ticket and you can't fly Sun., but if you're staying over until Mon, check it out.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #678
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
Brrr...aren't you up in Canada somewhere?

Yep! I run in the snow in short shorts and a tank. Its just how I roll.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #679
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is the one link I have saved on my computer
http://www.team-sparkle.com/ I think theres another company that makes them too?

Thanks for the link!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #680
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2

Girl, from where I sit you aren't kindakrazy but FullKrazy! That's nuts!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #681
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I think you and I might be related! I'm always in flip flops and a t-shirt no matter where I go, a sweatshirt at the very most. When I've visited my sister out in Boston at X-mas time, people out there look at me like I'm crazy. I always get a kick out of it, b/c I'm a Cali girl where we don't have weather ~ shouldn't I be the 1 bundled up and you guys used to snow and cold?

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #682
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Anyone else making a Christmas list longer than their childs filled with nothing but running stuff?

Kirsten
Old 10-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #683
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Anyone else making a Christmas list longer than their childs filled with nothing but running stuff?
Is that wrong?

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #684
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Girl, from where I sit you aren't kindakrazy but FullKrazy! That's nuts!
LOL! I like that! I know I'm weird that way but I just can't handle wearing anything more then that when I run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
I think you and I might be related! I'm always in flip flops and a t-shirt no matter where I go, a sweatshirt at the very most. When I've visited my sister out in Boston at X-mas time, people out there look at me like I'm crazy. I always get a kick out of it, b/c I'm a Cali girl where we don't have weather ~ shouldn't I be the 1 bundled up and you guys used to snow and cold?
I'm always cold and bundled up except when I run then I'm as hot as the sun. Go figure.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #685
piraterunner
Mouseketeer

Please add me to the list as a repeat also doing the 5k
piraterunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #686
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As we are getting into our rainny season I need another pair of shoes so I will always have a dry pair to run in. I told DH I was going christmas shopping. He said "you don't have to wait, get what you need now. It is important to have the right stuff while you are training".

So I took him at his word. Got a pair of Brooks Adreneline shoes, compression socks, longsleave tech shirt, reflector vest and knuckle lights. And signed up for a Jeff Galloway half marathon training program.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #687
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
As we are getting into our rainny season I need another pair of shoes so I will always have a dry pair to run in. I told DH I was going christmas shopping. He said "you don't have to wait, get what you need now. It is important to have the right stuff while you are training".

So I took him at his word. Got a pair of Brooks Adreneline shoes, compression socks, longsleave tech shirt, reflector vest and knuckle lights. And signed up for a Jeff Galloway half marathon training program.
Can your DH call my DH?
What are knuckle lights? I'll be running in the dark at least once a week this winter and was thinking of getting a head light or something.

Kirsten
Old 10-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #688
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What are knuckle lights? I'll be running in the dark at least once a week this winter and was thinking of getting a head light or something.
I've been running in the (very) early morning hours lately when it's still dark. I tried other led lights but find arm bands the most comfortable and the most secure (from falling off). I got this one at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s01_i00

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the local Road Runner Sports store and they were having a clearance sale where I was able to pick up another similar armband for about $3.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #689
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I'm heading into the city this morning to pick up my race packet for tomorrow.

This is my 10km that I'm hoping to use for my proof of time.

Only problem is that its a night race tomorrow night (they give us all headlamps that we need to wear - cool, eh) but its rainy and windy and cold. The whole race is along the waterfront too so no where to get out of the wind at all. Its around the Stanley Park Seawall for anyone who knows about Stanley Park in Vancouver.

I'm nervous.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #690
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm heading into the city this morning to pick up my race packet for tomorrow.

This is my 10km that I'm hoping to use for my proof of time.

Only problem is that its a night race tomorrow night (they give us all headlamps that we need to wear - cool, eh) but its rainy and windy and cold. The whole race is along the waterfront too so no where to get out of the wind at all. Its around the Stanley Park Seawall for anyone who knows about Stanley Park in Vancouver.

I'm nervous.
Don't worry- just run your pace and enjoy the event. I'm turning 59 in a couple of weeks and have been running 5k races for several years. I never really think about time when running in a race- I just enjoy the atmosphere with fellow racers and my race times have been very consistent.
I've decided to expand my horizons and have been training for a 10k race that takes place on Thanksgiving morning, and I just signed up for a HM in March.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: