Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #661
edna mode
Disneyland Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
Okay I am laughing at myself right now. When I first read this I thought you said you finished the 5K with a walker and I had this vision of you using one of the walkers with tennis balls on the front wheels.

It is time for me to go to bed because I am seeing crazy things.
That is so very funny, but if my knee feels bad that might be a good idea! I've been so swamped with work that I'm feeling behind on training.
edna mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #662
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Since I didn't complete the 5.5 miles last weekend I decided to try again this weekend and just bump the training back a week.

Went out for my run yesterday and.... SUCCESS!!
I actually went 5.75 in 1:12, so roughly a 12:40 pace. I am beyond pleased with this. The best part is it didn't feel too difficult and I was not so sore that I couldn't do anything else all day. Now I can actually visualize going the distance and not being swept!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #663
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Nice job!!!! Doesn't it feel good to have a big number under your belt?

Did a 5k race today. It was a PR post baby, but waaayyyy off my previous PR time before I hit pregnant this last time. Not a shocker- I was never fast- but this weight is killing me. Gah.

I did 1 min run 30 second walk for first 2 miles and it went ok. I tried to straight run a bit of the 3rd mile and that slowed me down. Nike splits had my 2nd mile as fastest.

When I was faster, I was straight running, so the intervals being faster is confusing. But I'll go with it since it works!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #664
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Good job ladies! I did 2.5 on Sunday and Wednesday. Now I have a cold so haven't run since. So my goal of having done 8 by Nike this weekend isn't gonna happen. Oh well.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #665
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Rest up for the Nike! Don't sweat the miles. You'll do great.

I'm tired man. I didn't kill my time or anything but it felt like more effort in a "race" I'm exhausted!

Do y'all mentally get competitive during races? I used to but now it seems to drain me.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 10-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #666
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
Went out for my run yesterday and.... SUCCESS!!
I actually went 5.75 in 1:12, so roughly a 12:40 pace. I am beyond pleased with this. The best part is it didn't feel too difficult and I was not so sore that I couldn't do anything else all day. Now I can actually visualize going the distance and not being swept!!
Yay! Congrats on the new long run!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
Good job ladies! I did 2.5 on Sunday and Wednesday. Now I have a cold so haven't run since. So my goal of having done 8 by Nike this weekend isn't gonna happen. Oh well.
Oh no!!!! Hope you get better by this weekend. Take tons of Vitamin C and don't forget to drink lots of water and carb up this week. And just think of the beautiful necklace at the finish line waiting for you. Let's hope the weather's good. Right now it's supposed to be a high of 71 and low of 56. Fingers crossed for fog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Do y'all mentally get competitive during races? I used to but now it seems to drain me.
I totally do! It's usually either if I'm not having as good as a race as I want or when I find myself going back and forth w/ someone. In that situation, it doesn't matter how many times we leap frog, just as long as I cross the finish line first.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #667
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I did find one woman that was doing intervals (a little off mine but close) and stayed with her. She was doing the 10k though and I stopped at 5k. I did pass the 5k mark well before her though.

I wish I had paid attention to her bib number because I'd like to know where she finished! Guessing 1:15-1:16 if she was able to maintain pace (she was really steady)

I'm still tired today. I'm resting then getting back to work tomorrow!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 10-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #668
CynthiaC925

Earning My Ears

Please add CynthiaC925 - my second Tinkerbell half marathon - can't wait!
CynthiaC925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #669
CynthiaC925

Earning My Ears

I agree with Specialks - the wings hitting me in the face was a real drag - just get a tshirt that has wings painted on it - that is what I did - they sell them at the expo
CynthiaC925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #670
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Kim - yes I'm taking tons of vitamin C and trying to get to bed early every night!

As for Tink, I can't imagine running with wings on! I know they would drive me crazy! A shirt with wings painted on sounds cute though. Is Raw Threads who had the ones I saw posted on here before?

Kirsten
Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #671
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Is it bad that I'm more stressed about the costume then the run? LOL!

I know I can run it - it may not be pretty but I know I can do it but what I don't know is what to wear. I'm so picky about what I wear when I run that I'm not sure what to do about a costume.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #672
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Is it bad that I'm more stressed about the costume then the run? LOL!
No!

I'd like to get my daughter a costume, but finding stuff tiny enough for her (9 and maybe 60 pounds sopping wet), is hard to do. They had cute sparkle skirts at the ToT expo, but they don't make them with the shorts under. I need to find running tights that stay up on her, then get a skirt, I guess....

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #673
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

The sparkle skirt is the one thing I might do. I think I could handle that over my carpi's.

Kirsten
Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #674
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a link to the sparkle shirts?

I always run in tight running shorts and a tight running tank. I can't handle anything loose or anything covering my arms or legs. I know I'm weird - I'll own that! Even in the winter - that's what I run in. I want to dress up but not sure how to without panicking and having to strip naked halfway through the race because something is touching me! lol!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #675
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Does anyone have a link to the sparkle shirts?

I always run in tight running shorts and a tight running tank. I can't handle anything loose or anything covering my arms or legs. I know I'm weird - I'll own that! Even in the winter - that's what I run in. I want to dress up but not sure how to without panicking and having to strip naked halfway through the race because something is touching me! lol!
Brrr...aren't you up in Canada somewhere?

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: