Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #616
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

I think that is a really good idea. I would love to do that also and even looked at how I coud schedule myself at work so that I could do both for my C2C.

Unfortunately my training has been put on hiatus for a few weeks until I can get my asthma back under control. So am going to have to fall back on doing tink and the Wine and dine or wait until next year and do Tink and the princesses.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #617
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Just a heads up for anyone interested in the Princess, prices go up this week! I think on Wed, but not 100% sure on that. So if you are looking to save a little, pull the trigger and register!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #618
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Just a heads up for anyone interested in the Princess, prices go up this week! I think on Wed, but not 100% sure on that. So if you are looking to save a little, pull the trigger and register!

I'm so close to pulling the trigger but I called about pricing for room and theme park tickets....plus international airfare and race registration....I'm looking at about $2500 for this race!

I don't know what to do! Someone talk me into it or out of it!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #619
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I could easily talk you into it... buuuutttt... that's a heck of a lot of money! If it's a one time event though, and it won't put you on the streets, I'd consider it. Have you thought about staying offsite except for night of race to cut down on hotel costs?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #620
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I could easily talk you into it... buuuutttt... that's a heck of a lot of money! If it's a one time event though, and it won't put you on the streets, I'd consider it. Have you thought about staying offsite except for night of race to cut down on hotel costs?

I've never stayed off property and I've been a number of times (see my siggie) and I'm not sure I know how to do that! lol!

That is the cost for staying at POP. I've been playing with the numbers and its so much cheeper to fly mid week that it pretty much cancels out the cost of the extra nights at the hotel. I can stay for 6 nights (wed-tues) for the same price as 3 nights (thurs-sun). It takes a full 12-14 hours of travel time to get there and back with international flights, connections, etc so I'd have to arrive on Thursday (although flights don't land until 1130pm - wish I could get a discount for only using the room for half a night! LOL!) because if I didn't arrive until friday at midnight I couldn't get to the expo to collect race package for the 5km.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 09-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #621
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Yeah... if it was ME, I'd do it... but I'm sorta an addict that way. For $2500 and you get a 6 day stay in WDW and the C2C? I'd do it. (love how I spend YOUR money! lol)

Can you shorten the DL trip to make the WDW worth while? Just wondering if there was any savings there. I'm staying shorter in WDW than I normally do to accommodate my DL Tinker trip.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #622
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah... if it was ME, I'd do it... but I'm sorta an addict that way. For $2500 and you get a 6 day stay in WDW and the C2C? I'd do it. (love how I spend YOUR money! lol)

Can you shorten the DL trip to make the WDW worth while? Just wondering if there was any savings there. I'm staying shorter in WDW than I normally do to accommodate my DL Tinker trip.

I like the way you think! LOL! I'm arriving on Thursday night for Tink and leaving at the butt crack of dawn on Monday morning. Not sure how I could really shorten it for Tink. PLus airfare has already been bought.

Just kills me to spend that much when that's usually what I spend to take my kids there including dining (I'm a free dining junkie).

BUT.....I really want to do it! Ahhhhhhh.......I hate making these kind of decisions about my bank account.....

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 09-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #623
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I did it! Registered for Princess 1/2 in February!

Longhorns made me do it!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 09-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #624
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I did it! Registered for Princess 1/2 in February!

Longhorns made me do it!
Hey, I saved you $15 by having you do it before prices went up. So really, you MADE money.

Glad you are coming! Have you done a WDW race before?

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #625
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey, I saved you $15 by having you do it before prices went up. So really, you MADE money.

Glad you are coming! Have you done a WDW race before?

I like the way you think girl!

These 2 races will be my first Disney races. I have a feeling it may be the start of an expensive habit.

17 days until my qualifying 10km. I was hoping to come in under an hour but doesn't look like that is going to happen.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 09-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #626
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I like the way you think girl!

These 2 races will be my first Disney races. I have a feeling it may be the start of an expensive habit.

17 days until my qualifying 10km. I was hoping to come in under an hour but doesn't look like that is going to happen.
HA! It totally is. But so worth it. You will look at other halves and be slightly saddened that there is no castle or fireworks.

Shoot- anything close to an hour will be awesome! You'll rock it.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #627
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh my gosh!!! The Disney races are soooo addicting. The WDW 1's wr a bit expensive for me to do every year, so I try every other year, but I can't imagine a labor day w/o being in DL and running. And now that they added Tink, Jan. w/o being there either. Good luck w/ the 10k!

Patty - how's your IT band issue going?

Sitting in the airport right now to go down for Halloweentime at DL! Gotta love free SWA flights and APs. Really going to miss the AP once it expires. Doing a mud run on Sun. that'll be fun, never have done 1 before.

Everyone have a great weekend!!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #628
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Funny you ask. I just jumped on the treadmill and ran 2 miles. While running I realized I hadn't rolled in a couple days. It feels great!

And I rolled when I got off to keep it that way!

I'm debating renewing my AP for WDW. It expires while I'm in wdw for princess. If I knew for sure the princess dates for 2014 I'd renew as long as its covered. But if its pushed out a week, it's debatable on if it would be worth it for me.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #629
MVBowers111
Mouseketeer

My sis and I ran the Disneyland half a few weeks ago and I got an email with my brightoom photos...what I want to know is if I can have both of our picture collections put on the same CD. I kind of think the answer is no but I thought I'd ask.
MVBowers111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #630
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My sis and I ran the Disneyland half a few weeks ago and I got an email with my brightoom photos...what I want to know is if I can have both of our picture collections put on the same CD. I kind of think the answer is no but I thought I'd ask.
DW and I did the 5K that same weekend. We wanted to order photos but there was no way on their web site to combine the order and pay one shipping charge. I called Brightroom and they were able to do so over the phone. Try giving them a call with your request.

Also, We recently got an e-mail from Brightroom with a code for 50% off thru October 5th.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: