Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #571
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

A lot depends on the treadmill. I'm very comfortable on mine at home but hate the ones at the gym. It's a personal preference I think.

I use mine for the short runs but outside for all the long ones. And I go feel like I run faster outside which is odd since treadmills are kinda helping you with forward motion.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #572
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

I always run on my treadmill with a 1% incline because I read they are easier than outdoor runs. However, my real run times are always a bit faster than my treadmill pace time. However, I totally agree that treadmill runs are a bit depressing. I run outside when possible. My in-laws in Edmonton run out in the snow. They're amazing at judging the snow and spotting icy spots. It's quite funny really. So, being as I'm from the pretty moderate climate of Seattle, I'm going to attempt more outdoor runs this year. Just gives me and excuse to buy more running gear...
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #573
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

6.25 miles in this morning! One outside for my MM the other 5 on my treadmill. Felt great today!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #574
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Combined my long run this week with a fundraiser. Ran the Race for the Cure 8K. Or should I say ran/walk/ran that turned into a walk/run/walk.

I came back from vacation and promptly got a cold and then 2 days ago was exposed to Latex at work and had a bad allergic reaction and asthma attack.

So with all that said I knew I wasn't out to set any records or anything. Of course I am really bad with directions and read maps backwards so when I got lost getting to the race I knew today would be interesting.

I ended up walking 1.5 miles from where I "thought" the start line was and then 1.5 miles from the finish line because I couldn't find my car.

I did pretty good until mile 4 was able to run 1 min walk 1 min then got a cramp and had to really slow down. I managed to have an overall pace of 16 mins. So not bad all considered.

I know I have 4 months to continue training and improve.

DH laughed when I told him I did 8.2 miles in 2 hours he said "that is what we did in 10 hours at DLR". I did remind him that I will be doing 13.1 miles in around 3 hours in January and he siad "oh yeah".

Today showed me that even under not ideal conditions I can do this. Yeah.

And Why do all race planner put the hill at the END of the race?
Old 09-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #575
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
6.25 miles in this morning! One outside for my MM the other 5 on my treadmill. Felt great today!

Way to go girl! That's awesome!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #576
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
Combined my long run this week with a fundraiser. Ran the Race for the Cure 8K. Or should I say ran/walk/ran that turned into a walk/run/walk.

I came back from vacation and promptly got a cold and then 2 days ago was exposed to Latex at work and had a bad allergic reaction and asthma attack.

So with all that said I knew I wasn't out to set any records or anything. Of course I am really bad with directions and read maps backwards so when I got lost getting to the race I knew today would be interesting.

I ended up walking 1.5 miles from where I "thought" the start line was and then 1.5 miles from the finish line because I couldn't find my car.

I did pretty good until mile 4 was able to run 1 min walk 1 min then got a cramp and had to really slow down. I managed to have an overall pace of 16 mins. So not bad all considered.

DH laughed when I told him I did 8.2 miles in 2 hours he said "that is what we did in 10 hours at DLR". I did remind him that I will be doing 13.1 miles in around 3 hours in January and he siad "oh yeah".

That's great! Heck, you showed up and finished which is more then most people would have done in your situation. I have one kid with a latex allergy and it scares the crud out of me when she's exposed. It happens so easily no matter how careful we are.

I'm proud of you girl!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 09-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #577
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Oh girl, hill at the end... ITA. WTHeck man???? The hill should go downnn to the finish line. So we can all cross the end like Phoebe Buffet.

Great job!!!! You can soooo do this!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #578
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So we can all cross the end like Phoebe Buffet.

That's how we should all run in January! Just let go and have fun! Love the Phoebe run!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #579
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post

Great job! And so happy that you feel awesome! Thats what makes the hard runs worth it...for the good runs!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #580
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post

Awesome for you for showing up and finishing despite everything else! And good job on throwing in some unplanned extra miles hehe

I did my 10K at AT&T park in SF yesterday and had a great time. Finished in 1:19 which is not truly what I was hoping for. But once I thought about all the people I had to weave in and out of I'm happier than I originally was. The run felt good. The atmosphere was fun. I'm gonna go ahead and submit my time as proof of time but I dont really think it will help me with corral placement. But it doesnt hurt to try.

Kirsten
Old 09-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #581
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
I did my 10K at AT&T park in SF yesterday and had a great time. Finished in 1:19 which is not truly what I was hoping for. But once I thought about all the people I had to weave in and out of I'm happier than I originally was. The run felt good. The atmosphere was fun. I'm gonna go ahead and submit my time as proof of time but I dont really think it will help me with corral placement. But it doesnt hurt to try.
I was there too, but just did the 5k! Wasn't the weather gorgeous yesterday, absolutely loved it. The one thing I didn't like was that b/c they rerouted the 10k'ers course from last year where you ran around the outside of the park, there was nowhere to exit the park. It seriously took me more than 40 min. to 1st figure out where we could leave and then have to wait in line to wait for a break in the runners. They need to change that next year. But I saw the bridge open and got my spiffy socks!

For the ladies looking for bands to stay on during runs and hold some hair back, check out the 1's by goode(e). They have a rubber like strip underneath and hold on great. I love them!

Opened my email this morning and this was the inspirational quote from Runner's World this morning: To finish will leave you feeling like a champion and positively change your life.

The other was for Raw Threads, they're at the expos and recently released some glow in the dark disney villan shirts. I swear they want me to go bankrupt, but they just released 3 more glow in the darks. I picked up the Captain Hook at DL a few weeks ago for Tink and love it!

Maleficent:

Evil Queen from Snow White:

And a pink Cheshire Cat one. I really want the Maleficent 1 for the Halloween party next week, but they don't ship until the 28th. Well, at least I have a shirt for the 1/2 in WDW in Jan!

18 more weeks 'til

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #582
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post

That's great! Its really hard to get a good time at those really busy races. You use a lot of time, not to mention energy dodging people, having to move from side to side to go around groups, alter to your speed based on the crowds, etc. I say go ahead and submit it and know for yourself that it wasn't your fastest time.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 09-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #583
Casey's Mommie
Nothing makes a Mommy happier than hearing her baby laugh!

I ran my first ever 5k yesterday! I came in at 32:36 which I thought was pretty good since I only started running in July.

I'll be excited to see if I improve any for the Neverland 5k Race... though I'm wondering if all the photo ops with the characters will make me want to forget about the time and just have fun. I haven't decided yet.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #584
khiguchi
Mouseketeer

Hey, pals!

Checking into this thread officially

I am registered for Tinkerbell Half and am SO excited. I loved the Disneyland Half Marathon in 2011 and cannot wait to run in California again. I'll be staying on property from 1/17-20, split between the Villas at Disney's Grand Californian and Paradise Pier with my BFF (my hubs was not interested in a Tink weekend, hmm, wonder why?!?)

Anywhos, excited to meet y'all!

Gearing up for 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, BQ Attempt #3 at Space Coast Marathon, the Inaugural WDW 10K and my third go at runDisney Mom!

SHIAWASE LIFE : MY BLOG ABOUT RUNNING, DISNEY & LIVING A HAPPY LIFE! / Follow me on twitter at @krissymmurphy

2013 DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON AND DUMBO DARE TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN - 2013 TINKER BELL HALF MARATHON TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN & PARADISE PIER - 2013 WDW MARATHON TRIP: BAY LAKE TOWER & BEACH CLUB VILLAS -PRINCESS 1/2 TRIP: BOARDWALK VILLAS 2012 - AULANI 2011 - DL HALF TRIP: THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2011 - WDW 1/2 TRIP: SARATOGA SPRINGS 2011 - THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2010 - CORONADO SPRINGS 2010 - DISNEY MAGIC 2009 - GRAND FLORIDIAN 2009 - DISNEY WONDER 2009 (FEB & MAR) - DAKL 2009 - POR 2008 - DISNEY WONDER 2008 - WDW GUEST RELATIONS & TOURS 2007-2010 - DISNEY WONDER 2007 - WDWCP 2006-2007 - POP CENTURY 2005 -
khiguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #585
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Kim - YES the weather was just beautiful! Sorry it took you so long to get out of there though. That would have driving me crazy!
And adorable shirts! I hope they'll be at the expo this year so I can check them out in person!

Sarah - thanks! Yea thats what I told myself to feel better about my time...it wasn't my best but the crowds were the reason.

Caseysmommie - Congrats on your first 5K!!! And I think thats a great time!

Khiguchi - Welcome!

Kirsten

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: