Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #556
jen541
Earning My Ears

There are two Nike apps. One is gps and one is not. I have the one that is not.

Instead of distance being gaged by gps, I have a sensor in my shoe that talks to my app. The distance came out almost perfect when I did never land 5K. HOWEVER, this is because I calibrated my very first run in the most accurate way. Instead of on a treadmill ( or instead of using factory setting) I started at the start line at the high school track field, ran 4 laps at a CONSISTENT pace (doesn't matter what pace as long as doesn't vary) to the same exact start line... Staying in the SAME LANE the whole run. This is the best ad most accurate way to calibrate because the track field is Pre measured to perfection.

Now, if there were minor differences in a race than it is usually because I took extra steps to use a restroom, stop at a station...

This has worked very well for me. HTH

Live to run, can't wait for never land 5K 2013!!!!!

Always planning my next trip to Disneyland
jen541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #557
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Oh - I did the Color Run a couple of weeks ago with my kids and it was SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!
I did that 1 in July and had a blast!! I can't wait until next year's, it was the most fun I've had at a race ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
I have to hold on to the positive thoughts that at least the improvements that I've been seeing are correct -- if I improved by 1 min/mile, then that really happened. It just wasn't from 15 min to 14 but 16 to 15. Ah well. Still, progress is progress.

This morning I ran 30 minutes straight on the treadmill. That made me do this:
Congrats on the 30 min! And remember what you said ~ any progress is good progress plus you still have 4 months to go. You'll totally be ready for the 1/2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSulley View Post
Cool! Are you planning to dress up for the 80's run?
Kinda. I bought a cheap neon shirt at Michael's that I'm going to cut up a little and found some cheap jelly bracelets and neon glasses to accessorize. Thank you Halloween!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #558
Shananana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
I bought a cheap neon shirt at Michael's that I'm going to cut up a little and found some cheap jelly bracelets and neon glasses to accessorize. Thank you Halloween!
I'm doing the 80's run down here in San Diego... I have an "I the 80's" shirt - neon pink, of course. That will be fun!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #559
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananana View Post
I'm doing the 80's run down here in San Diego... I have an "I the 80's" shirt - neon pink, of course. That will be fun!
Aaawww!! SD, how I miss you! Where do you live? I used to live in North Park just overlooking Balboa and I miss it so much. I always say if a job opportunity opened I'd move back there in a heartbeat. I used to get my fill w/ the RnR races, but they charge waaaaay too much. But I signed up for the SD 1/2 in March.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #560
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

8 days at Disney

Hi all DH and I just got in late last night from our wonderful vacation at DLR and I am now trying to catch up on all things email and such.

Am a little off on the Tink training but with my "mileage" my legs didn't get a rest. 2 of the days we walked 9.5 miles and the rest was 7.25 to 7.8 miles.

We did make it to the power walk 2 of the days we were there and it was a fun time. Sally kept the pace up. We walked at 16 min mile one day and the other day was a 15.5 min mile.

I will get my runs in today and fri and then on Sun I will run the Race for the Cure 8K then I should be back on pace for the training.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #561
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

How's everyone's training going?

I just got in from my 30 min run for the day. I ended up going right around 5km in the 30 mins so not too bad considering its really hot and sunny here today.

Just over 4 months ladies! Woohoo!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #562
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I did P90X legs and back yesterday, so gave the legs a much needed rest today. They hurt! But plan on doing a long run tomorrow--- or maybe a 30 min with the long on Sunday. Will have to see how things shake out.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #563
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

My knee has been a little wonky since my 7 miles on Sunday. Tonight will be my first run since then. I'll do intervals if I feel it at all. Dont want to hurt myself before my 10K on Sunday!
Ran over to Fleet Feet at lunch in my never ending quest for a headband that stays on my head. Decided to give "sweatybands" a try. Got a super cute one thats hot pink and black and has little martini glasses on it! Doesn't match any of my running tops but I guess that mean I need to buy some new ones.....Lets hope this one works and doesn't slip off of my head!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #564
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
My knee has been a little wonky since my 7 miles on Sunday. Tonight will be my first run since then. I'll do intervals if I feel it at all. Dont want to hurt myself before my 10K on Sunday!
Ran over to Fleet Feet at lunch in my never ending quest for a headband that stays on my head. Decided to give "sweatybands" a try. Got a super cute one thats hot pink and black and has little martini glasses on it! Doesn't match any of my running tops but I guess that mean I need to buy some new ones.....Lets hope this one works and doesn't slip off of my head!
I can't find one that stays on my head either. I think its the shape of my head - I don't have a "ledge" at the back for it to stay under. One of my daughters has the same shape head as me and can't wear them either and the other one can. I'm a little jealous.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 09-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #565
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

I can't wear them either. Lol. I have to run with a visor to keep my hair out of my face.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #566
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
I can't wear them either. Lol. I have to run with a visor to keep my hair out of my face.

I'm all about the visor too. I put the matching headbands around my visor though if I want to look cute.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #567
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2

I'm all about the visor too. I put the matching headbands around my visor though if I want to look cute.
Good idea!

Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #568
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Yes ladies this is me too! Visors work for me and I guess thats what I'm going to stick too.
Though I will say the sweatyband stayed on for a 40 minute run/walk on the treadmill last night. Thats never happened before. I'll give it a few road tests next week and see if it stays on outside. For the race I'm definitely sticking with my visor though. In fact I think I'll pick up a new visor in DL on our vaction in a couple weeks.

Kirsten
Old 09-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #569
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Question for you all - does running on a treadmill ever get easier?
I dont do it often. Haven't done it in a few months. But I hate it. I have to run slower than I run on my outside runs, no clue why. I hold on with at least one hand for the majority of my run cause I get nervous. And the whole time I just feel awkward!

I know if I'm going to continue to run through the winter on week nights(and I am!) that I'm going to need to embrace the treadmill but I'm just not a fan.

Kirsten
Old 09-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #570
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I hate treadmill running but I do it on occasion. It seems like I'm working harder and going slower. There are no distractions either nor any change in pace, surface, foot strike or anything so I find it very difficult. But maybe I'm just a whiner! lol!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: