Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #496
kim3339
DIS Veteran
 
kim3339's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,582

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Good Luck on the DL half Kim! I may not remember to post it tomorrow- so wanted to make sure to give you a shout out! Update when you can- want a full report! Have you done it before?

Just did 5 miles today- longest I have run since May. It went well.
Thanks!! I have done it before, this 1 will be my 6th. It used to be my fave, but I really like the Tink course more now ~ more downtown Anaheim vs the industrial part. Probably shouldn't be running it, but it's DL and you can't not do it. My knee still isn't working and haven't been able to do much running and my longest is 4m, but I'm hoping that b/w lots of KT Tape, being in the moment and being in corral C I can keep ahead of the sweepers. Fingers crossed! And I have a note in my car to ask about the pacers for you, so I'll let you know.

Congrats on the 5 miles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
Kim can you point me to a map of the tink from last year? If possible I would like to do a visual walk through when we are at DLR next week. I know it may change but getting a visual of the possible course will work very nicely in my head to help me with training.

7 nights/8days I better get to ride RSR at least once during the day and once at night.

Have a great race weekend and know that I will be with you in thoughts as I am working all weekend. I get to live viariously through all of you this weekend.
Thanks! Here's the map for you:
Tink Map
The DTD part before Mile 4 was through DTD from backstage DL. We went to the service road behind ESPN and down that through the parking lot and out the back way to the back of the Mickey & Friends lot.

Have fun next week! I'll make sure it's all nice and pretty for you! I'm w/ you on RSR. That's my hope too!
__________________

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:36 AM   #497
indygirl99
DIS Veteran
 
indygirl99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,058

Thanks Kim that is just what I wanted.

Run safe this weekend.
__________________
indygirl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-31-2012, 02:50 AM   #498
Shananana
Mouseketeer
 
Shananana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Home of the Bolts
Posts: 239

well, I've done it now!
My elder daughter is signed up for the Kids' races! Poor hubby; he said "So I guess me and Violet will have to find SOMETHING to do."

Oh, pity those who go to Disneyland!
__________________
Mommy Daddy DD (7) Josephine DD (3) Violet
Shananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #499
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer
 
jessicaerv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananana View Post
well, I've done it now!
My elder daughter is signed up for the Kids' races! Poor hubby; he said "So I guess me and Violet will have to find SOMETHING to do."

Oh, pity those who go to Disneyland!
Poor, little, lost, helpless babies.

Oh, and congrats on winning tickets! You are one lucky lady to have won the Carsland Preview AND now Parkhopper tickets. If you get a minute, send some luck my way, please. My local radio station is giving away a MHP package next week and I'd like to get my already planned trip free!
__________________
Jessica
jessicaerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #500
Shananana
Mouseketeer
 
Shananana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Home of the Bolts
Posts: 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
Oh, and congrats on winning tickets! You are one lucky lady to have won the Carsland Preview AND now Parkhopper tickets. If you get a minute, send some luck my way, please. My local radio station is giving away a MHP package next week and I'd like to get my already planned trip free!
Where there's a will, there's a way. I'll keep praying that you can get your MHP package!!!
__________________
Mommy Daddy DD (7) Josephine DD (3) Violet
Shananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #501
scrappingpickle
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 41

Thanks

Thanks for the link to last years thread. Totally what I wanted to read.
scrappingpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #502
NiceOneSimba
DIS Veteran
 
NiceOneSimba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Suburban Seattle
Posts: 501

First interval training "run" today!

My goal is simply to finish without getting swept. This race is about getting my butt in gear and off the couch. I would be beyond thrilled to finish in something under 3:15, so I am definitely a tortise!

I did the day one workout today, because I wanted to make sure that I could do it before the first day of the official training plan on Tuesday. I've been walking all summer, but this was the first time I actually started to run for any distance. I did 10 seconds and walk 50 for the 30 minutes.

For many of you, I'm sure it seems ridiculously slow, but I DID IT!!!

I know I'm ready to start the official training plan. For me, it's going to be a slow journey. I'm working hard not to compare myself to anyone else, but to keep plugging away at increasing my running time in the intervals, and at my distance. I know where I need to be by the end, and I'm confident that if I stick to it, that I will be there to get that medal around my neck in January!
__________________
Susan
Me , DH , DD (5)
WDW Trips: 11/1978 DLR Trips: 7/1988 (first visit!), 7/1991, 4/2008 (with students) Anabella, 4/2011 (with students) Anabella, 9/2011 (DD's first trip!) BWPPI, 8/2012 Tropicana, 1/18-20/2014 (Tink Half Marathon) BWPPI, 1/29-2/2/2014 (DD's 5th birthday surprise!) DI&S
Upcoming: Innaugural Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend (Rebel Challenge) DI&S
NiceOneSimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #503
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran
 
kindakrazy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,230

Hey everyone! How's everyone's training going?

I've got 8km planned for today. I did the same last weekend but it didn't feel very good so I'm sticking at the same distance for another week.
__________________
Sarah

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #504
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran
 
kindakrazy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,230

Susan - that's great! You did your 30 mins and that is where you start. You will get stronger as you go and you WILL get across the finish line. Keep up with the training program then go claim your medal and wear it with pride. There is nothing easy about running a half marathon, if it were easy then everyone would be doing it. Keep with it girl!
__________________
Sarah

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #505
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!
 
specialks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 1,496

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceOneSimba View Post
My goal is simply to finish without getting swept. This race is about getting my butt in gear and off the couch. I would be beyond thrilled to finish in something under 3:15, so I am definitely a tortise!

I did the day one workout today, because I wanted to make sure that I could do it before the first day of the official training plan on Tuesday. I've been walking all summer, but this was the first time I actually started to run for any distance. I did 10 seconds and walk 50 for the 30 minutes.

For many of you, I'm sure it seems ridiculously slow, but I DID IT!!!

I know I'm ready to start the official training plan. For me, it's going to be a slow journey. I'm working hard not to compare myself to anyone else, but to keep plugging away at increasing my running time in the intervals, and at my distance. I know where I need to be by the end, and I'm confident that if I stick to it, that I will be there to get that medal around my neck in January!
Way to go! Don't sell yourself short. You still went faster than all the other people sitting at home! Just starting and keeping with it will build your strength and confidence. Keep up the good work & don't compare yourself to others. It's good to figure out your goal and shoot for it! Have fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Hey everyone! How's everyone's training going?

I've got 8km planned for today. I did the same last weekend but it didn't feel very good so I'm sticking at the same distance for another week.
Started back in my 1/2 training plan since I'm running the W&D in 10 weeks! I ran 4.77 mi with my DH this morning on a beautiful Seattle day. I slowed him down since he runs about 2.5 min/mile faster than me, but we still had fun. I have a horrible knee pain on my left knee now (KT taped my right knee) so that is so disappointing. I have at 10k at the end of Oct, so I'm hoping to get a good time on it to submit for my time on the W&D so I get closer to the front. I ran the Tink last year and being in corral E (since I hadn't ever run a 10k+) was a big bummer. I only ran 3 and 1s today and hope to increase that to 10 and 1s over the next 10 weeks, but I'm not sure. Now that school is starting back I'm hoping to join a 1/week yoga class with hopes that it will help stretch my IT band and get rid of this runners knee junk I'm having to deal with.

Keep up the training everyone!!
__________________
Me , DH , DD , DD
Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon DLR Jan 18-24 - PPH
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #506
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran
 
kindakrazy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,230

Quote:
Started back in my 1/2 training plan since I'm running the W&D in 10 weeks! I ran 4.77 mi with my DH this morning on a beautiful Seattle day. I slowed him down since he runs about 2.5 min/mile faster than me, but we still had fun. I have a horrible knee pain on my left knee now (KT taped my right knee) so that is so disappointing. I have at 10k at the end of Oct, so I'm hoping to get a good time on it to submit for my time on the W&D so I get closer to the front. I ran the Tink last year and being in corral E (since I hadn't ever run a 10k+) was a big bummer. I only ran 3 and 1s today and hope to increase that to 10 and 1s over the next 10 weeks, but I'm not sure. Now that school is starting back I'm hoping to join a 1/week yoga class with hopes that it will help stretch my IT band and get rid of this runners knee junk I'm having to deal with.

Keep up the training everyone!!


I am thinking of doing the W&D half next year to do my C2C. I'll be anxiously awaiting a race report from you about it this year!
__________________
Sarah

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #507
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,877

It's here it's here! Official training starts this week! (If you are following Galloway's plan that is!)

Good luck ladies- we can do this!
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #508
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran
 
kindakrazy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,230

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
It's here it's here! Official training starts this week! (If you are following Galloway's plan that is!)

Good luck ladies- we can do this!

WOOHOO!!!

Here we go! Somehow it seems more "real" now that the training plans have started officially.
__________________
Sarah

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #509
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
WOOHOO!!!

Here we go! Somehow it seems more "real" now that the training plans have started officially.
ITA Sarah! I'm excited though!

Soooo... now I have an obsession question. I do this a lot, so bear with me.

Hydroguy posted new EMH showing DCA will be getting EMH on Sunday mornings, rather than DL. This poses a quandry for me as far as the race course is concerned.

I really like the look of the race course Tink ran in 2012 compared to the course they ran today for DL half. I haven't been on either one, but as a Princess vet, I really love having a goal for the first couple miles (get to MK) and then something to look forward to at the end (run a bit through Epcot) So the 2012 Tink course gets more excitement from me than the DL course which seems to give you all the good stuff at the beginning, leaving nothing but long industrial stretch for the end. (yeah, I know, the stadium, but... eh....)

BUT

With EMH, this means DCA should be opening at 7am that morning for EMH guests if the hours remain the same as they historically do. Some of us caboose runners will still be on the streets! At Epcot, they do open to guests and just kinda crowd control as we run past them. I hear the same with Animal Kingdom when the marathon is going on. In fact, marathoners will stop and jump on Expedition Everest as they run past it- have a quick little ride in the middle of the marathon- lol!!!

What do you think will happen? Do you think they will change the course? Change EMH that morning? Have us run through DCA anyway? I was hoping maybe the course would include a run through Carsland- it's so pretty there! But I can't imagine, at least with current crowds, they would do that with all those people on the street. So my dream is probably out.

Previous runners- what part of DCA did we run through? Can you mark up a map or something to give me an idea?

I know I know... why worry- it will be what it will be! I'm not worried, just curious! It's my nature- what can I say?
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #510
edna mode
Disneyland Local
 
edna mode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,198

Hi All,
I'm Kelly, joining for my first 1/2. Just finished my 5th Disney 5K at DL yesterday as a walker (bad knee won't let me run). I'm starting the Jeff Galloway program too this week. Saw him speak at the health expo Friday - he's great. Looking forward to chatting with all of you!
__________________
Keep Moving Forward - Author of The Mother's Checklist of Drug Prevention: All The Little Things We Say and Do! Not All Kids Do Drugs & Where's The Party?
Disneyland Annual Passholder - visiting weekly... WDW Love it when we get there!
DCL - When the mouse took the Med Transatlantic & Inaugural 11 night - 5/07 West Coast Inaugural 5/28/05, liked it so much we did it twice - 7/17/05! Panama Canal 5/08
edna mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: