Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #436
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
You know, when I see these, it makes me want to fly in Thurs just in case! I'd love to be able to do one. I'm doing the Princess as well- so maybe I'll try to sign up when they put the word out! It goes through the Disney blog, right?

That, and get my speed up to a bit more. LOL I know they ask for a 12 min mile (which I can totally do--- for 2-3 miles only though!) I wanna run with Jeff! Does he do the walk/run or just run? I bet they go through Carsland this year. Which is AWESOME.
Last year for the Tink Half it was on Saturday morning because the 5K was at night, but I'm sure this time it will be on Friday.

Yes, we did a 40/20 run/walk/run. It was a lot faster than a 12 minute mile though. I average about 13 but I signed up anyway and there were slower people than me. I think they say that so they can start the meet and greet on time.

I found out on the blog.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #437
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Cool! I'm so in--- if I get in, of course! Ha ha ha. I'm going to give it a try though.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #438
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

It appears I haven't posted in a week; guess I've been busy but darn if I know doing what.

Sunday I did my "long" run: 4 miles in 1 hour 30 seconds. Woohoo! Today I started the 6th week of the 5k101 program which called for 2 intervals of 12 min jog/3 min walk. Somehow I got through it without stopping during the jog.

I can see how folks say running can be addictive - I am enjoying seeing that I'm accomplishing something that I didn't really think would be possible.

5 months ladies! We're doing awesome and I can't wait to see you all on January 20th!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #439
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Last year for the Tink Half it was on Saturday morning because the 5K was at night, but I'm sure this time it will be on Friday.
Sarah ~ did you do the Hollywood 1/2 in April? How was that 1? I saw a side ad the other day and was thinking abt it?

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #440
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339

Sarah ~ did you do the Hollywood 1/2 in April? How was that 1? I saw a side ad the other day and was thinking abt it?
I signed up but had scheduling conflicts and I didn't get to run it. I didn't feel too bad because I only paid $40 to sign-up and a lot of the reviews I read said that it did not go too well for being an inaugural event.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #441
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
I signed up but had scheduling conflicts and I didn't get to run it. I didn't feel too bad because I only paid $40 to sign-up and a lot of the reviews I read said that it did not go too well for being an inaugural event.
Yeah, I was wondering how that limo/shuttle bus was going to go over. That was what was holding me back. There's a new one in SD too. I saw it on a ad as well and that 1 is in March. The best part is that it's like 1/2 the price of the RnR in June.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #442
scrappingpickle
Earning My Ears

I am going!

I am so excited to be doing this race. When I heard about it last year I challenged my sisters to do it with me and they accepted. I have loved reading all the posts on this thread. You guys are inspirational! I don't know where we are staying yet, we are working on that. Can't wait for this race. It will be my 4th half in a year. I am super slow though so don't be too impressed.
scrappingpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #443
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Slow is the new fast! I'm slow too. It's all good! Welcome to the group!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 08-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #444
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!

Just checking to see how everyone's progress is going.

I just signed up to do my 10km race in October so I can use it as my qualifying race so I'm not in the back corral. I'm hoping to come in around an hour. Used to be able to do in about 52 mins a couple of years ago but I just don't have the time to put into training like I used to. Oh well....

What kind of times have you guys submitted?

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #445
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I'm doing an October 10K too- hoping for 1:15-1:16. My fastest previous was 1:19 and I wasn't really "racing"- just trying to get to the end, KWIM? So hoping with motivation of possibly moving in the corrals (or at least not getting stuck in back for lack of time submission!) I'll be able to move a bit faster.

I submitted a 2:45 at registration and that's probably where I would land if all the stars aligned and I ran a perfect race. I'm not fast for sure, but hoping to finish sub 3 hrs this year.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 08-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #446
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

I have a 10K coming up in less than 30 days now! It will be my first and I still havent run that much even in a training run. I did 5.5 on Sunday so I'm almost there. My first goal will simply be to finish since its my first time. It took me 1:13 to do that 5.5 on Sunday so though I'd like to shoot for 1:15 for the 10K, that might be unrealisitc. We'll see what happens. No matter what time I do get I'm gonna turn it in and see if I can at least move up one corral. Doesn't hurt to try, right?

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #447
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I think even just submitting a time should hopefully get you moved up. Any time I would think is better then no time.

Don't forget that you always go faster on race days too then you do during a training run. The adrenaline gets you going and the other racers and the whole atmosphere is so electric that your 10k time will probably end up being faster then you think its going to be.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #448
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Plus you might get slightly cooler weather in 30 days and that should help!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 08-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #449
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
I have a 10K coming up in less than 30 days now! It will be my first and I still havent run that much even in a training run.
Good luck! I saw your post and could swear I thought you were running next weekend too? No idea why, but I thought that for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Plus you might get slightly cooler weather in 30 days and that should help!
Oh my god Patty! Please tell me your training right now inside!?! I was in Vegas this weekend and the heat was horrible, almost all consuming. And it never really went away ~ we left a club Sunday morning around 1:30 and it was still warm out.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #450
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Totally inside. Either on treadmill at home or the indoor track at gym

I do a mile here and there outside, but only a mile and only before 7am! Otherwise it's just crazy

Though it's a cold spell this week. Only low 90s. Lol. Really nice though for us for August!

My No-Guilt Life

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: