Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #31
Red Rose
Earning My Ears

I am all signed up for the Half and the 5k. Anyone have any tips on booking a hotel on Disney? I tried calling the # but all i got was a machine telling me to leave my name and number. I am getting worried not having a hotel room yet.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #32
LuvSulley
Mouseketeer

I'm going to sign up for the 5k. Debating if I should sign up for the half.. I really want to but I'm scared I won't be ready.. then again I'm not ready for my first 5k this Saturday and I'm still going
LuvSulley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #33
BayAreaMom
Mouseketeer

I'm signed up for the Half. Did it last year and loved it!!
My 2 kids are signed up for the kids races. We didn't do them last year and i saw pictures and they looked awesome. My kids are going to love them!

We are staying at HoJos in a kids suite. Its a long walk to the start but there are a lot of other walkers around.

Kinda bummed they moved the start up to 5am because running in the dark was awful. the lighting in some areas was poor and it was crowded and i saw some people fall and get hurt. So I'll just have to be careful and slow.
BayAreaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #34
BayAreaMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rose View Post
I am all signed up for the Half and the 5k. Anyone have any tips on booking a hotel on Disney? I tried calling the # but all i got was a machine telling me to leave my name and number. I am getting worried not having a hotel room yet.
Last year the website included a list of discounted hotels (both on and offsite). The deals for onsite hotels were decent but sold out quickly. Paradise Pier would be the best location as the start is literally right in front of it.
BayAreaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #35
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Well, I hope hope hope I can register as early as next week. My hours are picking up at one of my job's so as long as no hidden expenses pop up by next Friday I should be in the clear. I'll be really bummed if it ended up being harder for me to attend these now that I live down here, lol.

wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #36
ludari
DIS Veteran

I registered this moring for the half and I may register for the 5K as well but I need to confirm with my friends.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014

ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #37
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
I'm in for Tink and the 5K again and I will register today. I want to keep my legacy status.
Me too! Can't wait for the special lanyard in '16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rose View Post
They usually update their site the week reg opens or right after. You should be fine getting a room as long as you book sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Well, I hope hope hope I can register as early as next week. My hours are picking up at one of my job's so as long as no hidden expenses pop up by next Friday I should be in the clear. I'll be really bummed if it ended up being harder for me to attend these now that I live down here, lol.
Yay! You are able to register for the race! Good luck this week w/ all the craziness! I could not believe how many people popped up overnight on Sunday.

kim3339 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #38
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Hi!
I registered for the 1/2 and DH and DD are doing the 5k. I was looking for an excuse to make a trip south....this was a great chance to do so!!

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #39
AmericanItGirl
Back in the land of Disney...

Registered today to do the 5k with my mom (she's a runner, but I sure as heck ain't so we're compromising). I'm really looking forward to doing a girls weekend with her...and running around at 5:45 am with my light-up Tink wings glowing in the pre-dawn darkness (I'll try not to whack anyone ).

Remember, I can run, I can run, I can run.

"A world without fences/Where I can run free/And be with real dogs/Will bring the real dog out in me/No walls and no boundaries/Where I can be free/A world without/Walls or fences/That's exactly/Where I want to be."
AmericanItGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #40
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

You can do it Indygirl!!!!

Hey, I know I'm late chiming in here, but I think you should totally do it Indygirl! I am running my first half marathon next month, and it has been so fun. Certainly hard at first, but it's amazing how quickly that 4 mile run that killed you a couple of weeks ago suddenly seems pretty easy!
I would recommend finding a 5K or 10K to do first, you should be able to find one in your area over the next few months. I'd give that a try first with a training program, and then you'll know if you want to stick with it for 13.1 miles!
I'm hoping to do the Tink half, but will need to evaluate closer to the race. But I sure hope to see you all there!
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #41
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateDrake View Post
Hey, I know I'm late chiming in here, but I think you should totally do it Indygirl! I am running my first half marathon next month, and it has been so fun. Certainly hard at first, but it's amazing how quickly that 4 mile run that killed you a couple of weeks ago suddenly seems pretty easy!
I would recommend finding a 5K or 10K to do first, you should be able to find one in your area over the next few months. I'd give that a try first with a training program, and then you'll know if you want to stick with it for 13.1 miles!
I'm hoping to do the Tink half, but will need to evaluate closer to the race. But I sure hope to see you all there!
Thank you for the encouragement. I started the C25K yesterday and am using Jeff Galloways run-walk-run method. When I finish the C25K training I will move on into his half training. I will get the chance to do a few 5K races in the Portland area before the Tink.

I went ahead and signed up and paid tonight for the Tink so I HAVE to do it. Even if I end up getting picked up and bused to the finish line I will be there and give it my best effort.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #42
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Registered last night so I guess that makes it official! I will be running my first half marathon and I can't wait!!!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #43
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

I'm really excited because my sister signed up to run Tink with me! This will be her first Half Marathon. I had asked her to run it with me last year but she had just found out she was pregnant. Little Violet will be 10 months by then so our mom is going with us to help watch her in case my BIL has to work.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #44
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

That's awesome Indygirl! What a great attitude!
I've been using the Galloway training program to train for my half, and I've really liked it. I find it helps me pace myself, so I don't go all out at first and die at mile 6 The pacing requirement for the runDisney races is pretty slow, and you could really probably just do a fast walk the whole time. But it sounds like there are lots of characters and photo ops along the way, so if I do Tink, I'm going to try for a 10-minute mile pace. Still slow compared to most, but hey, the whole point is to finish, right? I know we can do it!
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #45
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

How soon does it usually get booked? I can't afford to register right now, with the July trip to Disney and being unemployed I don't have any disposable income right now. But I will in mid-July, will it be completely booked by then? I so want to run it, I just can't pay for it this second.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: