Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #421
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Yes--- I would love to know what watch you use! I was just looking at the ironmans yesterday because my old HR monitor watch I used to wear crapped out. If it can pace me like that, I would love it! Very cool- please post when you get the chance the name/model number.
Okay ~ it's the Timex Ironman Sleek 150-LAP w/ Tap Screen Technology.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #422
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Thanks Kim! I'll check it out.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #423
Shananana
Mouseketeer

Did a "short" run yesterday on the treadmill... 2.5 miles! I did it in about 30 minutes. I'm feeling good about the pace.

I also signed up for my first 10k! I'm going to use it as a qualifier. I'm excited about that, too.

What I'm NOT excited about is my new shoes. I got them a couple of weeks ago at the Road Runner store. I got inserts, they watched my gait... the whole thing. Yeah, my toes are falling asleep when I run! Not good. And only my left toes. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm going to put in the inserts that came with the shoe, hopefully that will help. I'm so glad I have a while to figure this stuff out!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #424
BabieDuckie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananana View Post
Did a "short" run yesterday on the treadmill... 2.5 miles! I did it in about 30 minutes. I'm feeling good about the pace.

I also signed up for my first 10k! I'm going to use it as a qualifier. I'm excited about that, too.

What I'm NOT excited about is my new shoes. I got them a couple of weeks ago at the Road Runner store. I got inserts, they watched my gait... the whole thing. Yeah, my toes are falling asleep when I run! Not good. And only my left toes. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm going to put in the inserts that came with the shoe, hopefully that will help. I'm so glad I have a while to figure this stuff out!
The same thing happens to my toes when I run, but on my right foot and only a couple of them. I did the same thing, went to Fleet Feet, had them watch me run, and the girl that helped me said the same thing happened to her and knew exactly how to fix it. She suggested a pair of inserts for me and said if that didn't work to see a podiatrist for custom inserts.

My toes still fall asleep with my new shoes, but I haven't tried going back to the inserts that came with the shoes. I also have yet to contact a podiatrist for custom inserts.

So far it's not a huge problem, like there's no pain afterwards, and it literally just goes numb - no prickly feeling. But the feeling is annoying. It always goes away 5 - 10 minutes after I get home and relax and stretch my muscles though.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #425
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Have yall tried lacing your shoes differently, or making sure they are looser than you would think especially around the toe box? When I got fitted for shoes I was shocked to go from a 7 to an 8 in my running shoes- but didn't have feet falling asleep anymore this way! So maybe you need a size up?

I'm supposed to run today but I stayed up too late last night and am dragging. Thinking I'll make today my rest day and run tomorrow and Sunday instead.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 08-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #426
BabieDuckie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Have yall tried lacing your shoes differently, or making sure they are looser than you would think especially around the toe box? When I got fitted for shoes I was shocked to go from a 7 to an 8 in my running shoes- but didn't have feet falling asleep anymore this way! So maybe you need a size up?

I'm supposed to run today but I stayed up too late last night and am dragging. Thinking I'll make today my rest day and run tomorrow and Sunday instead.
Actually, the opposite happened to me when I got fitted for shoes. Naturally, I have wide feet so I typically wear a 7 1/2 or 8. When I got fitted for shoes at the store, my feet measured MUCH smaller, like 5 1/2 - 6, and the size of the shoes I ended up buying were 6 1/2 or 7, I can't remember which. So, while they were bigger than what my normal size should be, it's still smaller than something I would normally wear. The particular pair I bought had a more room around the toe box than the first pair I tried on.

I'll try lacing them differently to see if that does anything.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #427
Shananana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabieDuckie View Post
The same thing happens to my toes when I run, but on my right foot and only a couple of them. I did the same thing, went to Fleet Feet, had them watch me run, and the girl that helped me said the same thing happened to her and knew exactly how to fix it. She suggested a pair of inserts for me and said if that didn't work to see a podiatrist for custom inserts.

My toes still fall asleep with my new shoes, but I haven't tried going back to the inserts that came with the shoes. I also have yet to contact a podiatrist for custom inserts.

So far it's not a huge problem, like there's no pain afterwards, and it literally just goes numb - no prickly feeling. But the feeling is annoying. It always goes away 5 - 10 minutes after I get home and relax and stretch my muscles though.
Not for me... I have the custom inserts, and they are a no go. I just have a tingle in the toes. Like I said, I'll try the regular ol' shoe inserts and hopefully they work. Luckily, there's a 90 day return policy!

Quote:
I've re-laced them; it's not that. The weird thing is, I told the guy measuring me: my left foot is smaller than my right. He measured, and said, "huh. You're right. It's almost a half size smaller." So, it's the oddest thing that my SMALLER foot would be experiencing this.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #428
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Your shoes might be too small. That was the problem with me. I loosened the laces and that helped a BIT. But not all the way. With my next pair of shoes I went up an additional size (yes I had already gone up one size with the first ones) and that has done the trick! Good luck. I know its horribly annoying!

And GREAT pace on the 2.5 miles! At least I think so cause thats my pace
You're doing awesome!!!!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #429
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Ok, on this issue of sore feet...I just got the Brooks Ghost 5. I had the Ghost 3 for a year before and loved them. After just 10 miles in the 5 the arch on my right door is so sore!

I don't know what to do. I can't return them because they are used and I don't have another $110 to spend on different ones.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #430
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Sometimes you can return them. Ask your store what the policy is. Most will exchange.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 08-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #431
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Or maybe some inserts would help if you can't return them?

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #432
Shananana
Mouseketeer

Did you see this?!?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...p-and-warm-up/

I wonder if they are going to do that for Tink! That would be awesome, except for this part:
Quote:
Because this is a running-oriented event, we ask that applicants be experienced runners, able to maintain a 12-minute per mile pace (qualified).
I better work on my pace! Lol
Old 08-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #433
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

That would be awesome! Wondering how many people put their name in though - the list was very small of people selected.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #434
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...p-and-warm-up/

I wonder if they are going to do that for Tink! That would be awesome, except for this part:

I better work on my pace! Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
That would be awesome! Wondering how many people put their name in though - the list was very small of people selected.
They did last year and I got picked! I'm in the front row to the left (her right) of "Tink"

It was really neat! We a got a runDisney shirt (that I don't think you can purchase anywhere), got to run through Disneyland and DCA and then got a meet and great with Jeff Galloway and Megyn Price in the Animation Academy in DCA.

The best part was that we got to tour the Dream Suite above Pirates!

Here's a link to all the pictures they took.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1026546...aA&feat=email#

And a link to some more info:
http://disneysportsnews.com/2012/01/...athon-weekend/

I wish it was on Saturday again.

Last edited by MotoXPrincess99; 08-20-2012 at 02:13 PM.
MotoXPrincess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #435
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

You know, when I see these, it makes me want to fly in Thurs just in case! I'd love to be able to do one. I'm doing the Princess as well- so maybe I'll try to sign up when they put the word out! It goes through the Disney blog, right?

That, and get my speed up to a bit more. LOL I know they ask for a 12 min mile (which I can totally do--- for 2-3 miles only though!) I wanna run with Jeff! Does he do the walk/run or just run? I bet they go through Carsland this year. Which is AWESOME.

My No-Guilt Life

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: