Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #391
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Cassie's mommy, I'm trying to get my sister to do the 5k this year. It would be do fun for her!

I love my spibelt too! It holds a ton of stuff.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #392
Shananana
Mouseketeer

This is an expensive race!

When I train, I usually take one or both of my girls on my run with me. Well, putting the 7-year-old in the double jogging stroller was NOT a good idea. So, I went to the local REI this weekend, and found a used BOB for $120. (It's a single... only for the 3-year-old!) I also got a new pair of shoes ($200!!!!)... broke them in this weekend. We'll see how they do.
I didn't do any long runs this week... I was cross-training! Over 10 miles on the bike WHILE pulling the toddler in her trailer. Ugh... THAT'S a workout. My hubby was on the ride with me and he kept asking if we needed to switch. Hahaha.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #393
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Just in case anyone needed more motivation to train, run disney fb page revealed the sirt design for next year:

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #394
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Love it!!!!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #395
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to get my shirt!

Keep running ladies! Here comes the cheering squad!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #396
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Did my first workout of Week 4 of the 5K101 plan this morning. Intervals are 4 min jog/1 min walk (x 5). I was worried that I wouldn't make it through the jog sections, but I not only got through each one of them, I actually increased my jog pace!

Onwards!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #397
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
Did my first workout of Week 4 of the 5K101 plan this morning. Intervals are 4 min jog/1 min walk (x 5). I was worried that I wouldn't make it through the jog sections, but I not only got through each one of them, I actually increased my jog pace!

Onwards!!!

Nicely done Jessica! Proud of you girlie!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #398
Shananana
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Onwards!!!

Awesome!

On a different note... We got the Paradise Pier!!! We (family and I) are going to be there Saturday and Sunday night. I'm planning on driving up to the Expo on Friday and then driving back.

I'm so excited!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #399
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Our local running store had a fun run this evening as a promo for the Hood to Coast race. Nike was one of the sponsors and was offering trial runs with their shoes so I tried out a pair. Not the best choice and ended up walking more than I would have liked.

Well at least I found out that shoe was not the one for me. Also they had two courses mapped out a 4 mile and a 7 mile. Well turned out the 4 mile was really 4.8 miles.

So my 74 mins ended up being a 15:24 pace. Yeah me. That is the best I have done and the farthest I have run/walked.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #400
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
Our local running store had a fun run this evening as a promo for the Hood to Coast race. Nike was one of the sponsors and was offering trial runs with their shoes so I tried out a pair. Not the best choice and ended up walking more than I would have liked.

Well at least I found out that shoe was not the one for me. Also they had two courses mapped out a 4 mile and a 7 mile. Well turned out the 4 mile was really 4.8 miles.

So my 74 mins ended up being a 15:24 pace. Yeah me. That is the best I have done and the farthest I have run/walked.
Way to go, Indygirl! You continue to inspire.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to run the Magic Mile.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #401
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Tomorrow I'm scheduled to run the Magic Mile.
Magic Mile in the books. Ran a 14:17 pace. Not too shabby for this old gal.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #402
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Magic Mile in the books. Ran a 14:17 pace. Not too shabby for this old gal.
Way to go.

I'm right behind you. Will run my magic mile monday morning. Pray for cool weather.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #403
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Okay, yall are making me think I should do a magic mile too. I haven't run them before, so maybe tomorrow on my run that will be what I do first thing.

Any tips?

I also booked Paradise Pier. I was at Stovalls, but after visiting DL this week I decided I would rather be at PP. My roomie was up for a bit more $$$ so we made the call. I booked with Get Travel (cheapest option) and if there is an AP discount coming out, I'll switch to that.

My sister stayed at Stovalls when we were at DL- and the rooms were really nice. And for location on race day, I think it's a great option as well. But for walking to and from the parks, I was put off a bit. I don't know that PP is all that much closer in reality, but it felt closer to me. Plus after staying at GCH CL, I am not sure I can go back to "slumming" off site... lol. (I kid- Stovalls or anything offsite isn't a slum!)

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #404
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!
Well I haven't run in an entire week now! I took a fall last week and unfortunately landed on my knee. It was sore for a few days and seems ready to go now. I'd like to run tonight but its supposed to be 107 today so I doubt it will even be cool enough at 8:00 to run. Tomorrow should be a few degrees cooler though so at least then for sure!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #405
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

magic mile

I went out to run my first "magic mile" this morning to get an idea of where I am at right now. The verdit is that I made it in 14:14 that was run/walk/run intervals. I still can't run a mile straight yet.

So not yet fast enough to keep from being swept but still faster than my very first 5K. But at least I now have a point from which to improve. And I do have 5 months to work on that improvement.

I think the rest of my runs this week I will head North from my house instead of south. If I go north I am at the top of a small (very small), hill that will add just a little bit more exertion effort. I think the total elevation change is 65 ft. Unfortunately it is down first then up but maybe up at the end is what I need.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: