Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 02:28 AM   #16
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads up on the changes. I'll change the 1st post when I get home tomorrow night, down here getting my DL on. No Cars preview but it's still DL you can't go wrong there. Watched the fireworks from backrow of Thunder, it was AWESOME!! Highly recommend it!

As for costume ideas, a lot of people dress up as Tink, wearing green and wearing wings. I wore a lime green shirt and got Tink Mickey ears and pinned them on top of my running hat.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #17
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the changes. I'll change the 1st post when I get home tomorrow night, down here getting my DL on. No Cars preview but it's still DL you can't go wrong there. Watched the fireworks from backrow of Thunder, it was AWESOME!! Highly recommend it!

As for costume ideas, a lot of people dress up as Tink, wearing green and wearing wings. I wore a lime green shirt and got Tink Mickey ears and pinned them on top of my running hat.
I have to say that as much as I loved seeing everyone in their great costumes, being hit in the face multiple times by wings and having to dodge and weave around em was NOT great. Kind of wish they had made it a Wendy and Peter Pan race....then I'd just have to worry about people with swords and books...
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #18
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

I'm in too! Tink will be my first half and I'm super excited! I started couch 2 5K in March, ran my first 5K on Mothers Day and I'm registered for another one at the end of the month. I'm also registered for a 10K in September which Im just now starting to train for. I think for Tink I'm going to try following Jeff Galloways program once he posts a training schedlue for Tink.

Wow, just saw the change to the 5am start...so we're going to have to be in our corracls by 4:30 then? I'm booked at the Hojo's also. How long does it take to walk from Hojo to the start of the race?

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #19
Skpnw
Mouseketeer

I am also signing up for this race - first half marathon. A bit terrified about running that far! I will have my 5yo and 3 yo with me (well, they will be with my husband while I am at the race) but I am looking at a decent, close by place to stay that offers a separate sleeping area for the kids - like bunk beds or something. Any recommendations?
Skpnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #20
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Hi! 24 more hours till I add another ticker to my signature! I think this race was my favorite ever!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #21
BayAreaMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brancaneve View Post
This race will be my first half marathon and I am wondering......to wear a costume or to not wear a costume? If so, does anyone have suggestions on how to buy or create one that is comfortable for the race?
I didn't wear a costume last year, but there were tons of them. I just have a hard enough time running 13.1 miles w/o fancy wings and skirts.
This vendor had an amazing booth at the expo- I bought some awesome tinkberbell leg warmers that said "I can fly" with wings. Their skirts also looked nice and comfortable (you wear them over capris)
http://www.team-sparkle.com/

It was really warm last year.

I am def signing up first thing tomorrow. Last year was awesome!!
BayAreaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #22
BayAreaMom
Mouseketeer

These are the leg warmers I bought last year at the Expo:
http://www.team-sparkle.com/shop/i-can-fly-race-legs/

you could add these wings:

then a skirt:
BayAreaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #23
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

I'm in. This will be my first half marathon, but I'm hoping to find more runs in between to help train, maybe a couple of 5Ks. I will not be wearing a costume, not a chance.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #24
RedRosePrincess
Mouseketeer

New Offerings

I just checked the Run Disney website and for the Tink 1/2 weekend there will be a Breakfast and Pasta Party!

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Breakfast
7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Saturday, January 19, 2013

For a great family experience after the Never Land Family Fun Run 5K, or if you're heading to the runDisney Kids' Races, why not join us for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Breakfast? This fun-filled meal will take place with some of your favorite Disney Characters at the Disneyland® Hotel.

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Breakfast Pricing:

$69.00 for Adults (ages 10 and up)*
$49.00 for Children (ages 3-9)*

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Breakfast features:

Continental Breakfast
Disney character meet & greets
Opportunities for photos and autographs with Disney Characters
Breakfast Menu Items to include but not limited to:

Pancake and Waffle Station
Assorted toppings and condiments
Fresh Fruits and Breads
Individual Low-Fat Yogurts
Hot and Cold Beverages
Complimentary Champagne Cocktail (Adults 21+ Only)

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Pasta Party
Saturday, January 19, 2013
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.

As a part of your 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, join us for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Pasta Party at the Disneyland® Hotel! This event is a great way to relax and be entertained before your big race on Sunday morning. Space is limited, so make your plans soon so you don't miss out on this fun-filled dinner.

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Pasta Party Pricing:

$89.00 for Adults (ages 10 and up)*
$69.00 for Children (ages 3-9)*

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Pasta Party features:

Dinner Buffet
Disney character appearances throughout the evening
Opportunities for photos and autographs with Disney Characters
Live DJ
Buffet Menu Items to include but not limited to:

Pastas with Complimenting Sauces
Baby Mixed Greens and Assorted Dressings
Pan Seared Chicken
Seasonal Vegetables
Artisan & Whole Grain Rolls, Sweet Butter
Chef's Selection of Lite Desserts
Fresh Fruit Assortment
Old 06-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #25
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialks View Post
I have to say that as much as I loved seeing everyone in their great costumes, being hit in the face multiple times by wings and having to dodge and weave around em was NOT great. Kind of wish they had made it a Wendy and Peter Pan race....then I'd just have to worry about people with swords and books...
Yeah, wasn't a big wing fan either. Especially at the beginning when we're trying to space out and when the course narrowed going in and out of the park areas. Love the Wendy and Peter theme. I dressed up as Mr. Smee for the 5k, and I saw these 2 ladies who ran as Peter and the other all in black as his shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
Wow, just saw the change to the 5am start...so we're going to have to be in our corracls by 4:30 then? I'm booked at the Hojo's also. How long does it take to walk from Hojo to the start of the race?
It takes 8-10 mins or so to get from Hojos to the entrance of the park and figure another 15 -20 to the start, so if you're going straight to the corral, not doing the bag drop, and want to get to the corrals by 4:30, I would leave no later than 4. But if you're doing the bag drop, a little bit earlier. The staging area is in the parking lot next to Paradise Pier and the start is near the underpass of DTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skpnw View Post
I am also signing up for this race - first half marathon. A bit terrified about running that far! I will have my 5yo and 3 yo with me (well, they will be with my husband while I am at the race) but I am looking at a decent, close by place to stay that offers a separate sleeping area for the kids - like bunk beds or something. Any recommendations?
The Anaheim Hojo has a kids suite w/ a bunk bed area. I'd give them a call to see if it's still available. I think there are a few others, just can't think of them right now, but when I remember I'll let you know.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #26
PirateFish989
Searching for the right shoe that will lead me to my Prince Charming

I'M IN and am anxiously awaiting 9:00 tomorrow morning to register!!!
PirateFish989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #27
ludari
DIS Veteran

I'm in for Tink and the 5K again and I will register today. I want to keep my legacy status.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #28
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Yeah, wasn't a big wing fan either. Especially at the beginning when we're trying to space out and when the course narrowed going in and out of the park areas. Love the Wendy and Peter theme. I dressed up as Mr. Smee for the 5k, and I saw these 2 ladies who ran as Peter and the other all in black as his shadow.

It takes 8-10 mins or so to get from Hojos to the entrance of the park and figure another 15 -20 to the start, so if you're going straight to the corral, not doing the bag drop, and want to get to the corrals by 4:30, I would leave no later than 4. But if you're doing the bag drop, a little bit earlier. The staging area is in the parking lot next to Paradise Pier and the start is near the underpass of DTD.

The Anaheim Hojo has a kids suite w/ a bunk bed area. I'd give them a call to see if it's still available. I think there are a few others, just can't think of them right now, but when I remember I'll let you know.

Thanks for the info!!!! I'll be registering tonight after work!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #29
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

$198 later, but I'm regestered for Tink and getting the pin and necklace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
I'm in. This will be my first half marathon, but I'm hoping to find more runs in between to help train, maybe a couple of 5Ks. I will not be wearing a costume, not a chance.
Disney race are SO much fun! The Disneyland Half in 2010 was my first Half Marathon.

There will be quite a few Diva's around that weekend for you to meet before the trip.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #30
Skpnw
Mouseketeer

I just registered and my young kids will do the kids dash the day before. I will be staying at the Ho Jo. I did see a half marathon rate for the Portofino. How is that compared to the Ho Jo?
Skpnw is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: