Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #1936
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Not often. But it happens. join this group on FB for the best heads up when things are on sale. Often it's flash sale type things- on a Saturday a bunch of skirts will go up and you contact the moderator to buy them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/413825842064798/
Thank you Miss Patty! What would we do w/o you and all you're savy run disney detectiveness and apparel insight? I know it's no, b/c it's too early, but have you heard anything new on the 10k yet?

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #1937
Run princess
Mouseketeer

Very excited for my first west coast disney run! A WDW vet of the marathon and several princess 1/2 marathon. Got the whole family coming and DH even running. Trying to talk him into a costume. He's leaning towards captain hook.
Run princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #1938
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
You're not able to book online for onsite hotels through their website, that's why I'm calling
I've always booked DLH online through their site.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #1939
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I've always booked DLH online through their site.
Something must have changed with this race because on the page where it allows you to enter how many rooms you need at each hotel, for all the Disney properties it says to call.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #1940
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
Something must have changed with this race because on the page where it allows you to enter how many rooms you need at each hotel, for all the Disney properties it says to call.
Sorry DharmaLou. I know Bill and his crew are shipping Marathon weekend tickets at the moment - I'm sure they'll get back to you quickly. I have his direct email address if you want it. Just pmail me if you want it! Bill and his team have been great to work with and if you book an onsite hotel you get $25 per night off your already discounted park passes through them!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 08-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #1941
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Thanks - I was able to get his e-mail from Lisa - I am planning on e-mailing him Monday morning. I can imagine he's super busy til the end of the month!
Old 08-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #1942
littlesparkler
Mouseketeer

What can you guys tell me about the Galloway program? I'm planning on using it, but it's so different from others. I"m not sure I understand the walking ratio... For the 30 minute runs, do you do the walk/run then, or just on long runs... I'm so confused!
littlesparkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #1943
NiceOneSimba
DIS Veteran

Littlesparkler, I don't know what other people do, but I always use the walk/run ratio. On the 30-45 minute runs, my run portion is just longer than on the long runs.

If you look up the program on the Galloway site (or in the training plans on the runDisney site), you can see the run/walk ratios for various paces. You pick one for the30-45 minute runs, and one that is about 2 minutes slower for your long runs. (So, say, you run an 11-minute mile pace for the shorter runs and run for 2:30 and then walk for a minute during the weekday runs. Then, on the long run, you run a 13-mile pace and run for a minute and walk for a minute.)

It does say somewhere (either on his website or the runDisney training plan) that if you can already run for an entire half hour when you start the training plan, you can keep doing that for your weekday runs. (I can't run for 30 minutes consecutively, so I always use the intervals. )

Hope that helps!
WDW Trips: 11/1978 DLR Trips: 7/1988 (first visit!), 7/1991, 4/2008 (with students) Anabella, 4/2011 (with students) Anabella, 9/2011 (DD's first trip!) BWPPI, 8/2012 Tropicana, 1/18-20/2014 (Tink Half Marathon) BWPPI, 1/29-2/2/2014 (DD's 5th birthday surprise!) DI&S
Upcoming: Innaugural Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend (Rebel Challenge) DI&S
NiceOneSimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #1944
NiceOneSimba
DIS Veteran

I ran my first 10k today, and finished in 1:18:52. Hoping that will at least get me into Corral D!

First time I've broken the 13-minute barrier!
WDW Trips: 11/1978 DLR Trips: 7/1988 (first visit!), 7/1991, 4/2008 (with students) Anabella, 4/2011 (with students) Anabella, 9/2011 (DD's first trip!) BWPPI, 8/2012 Tropicana, 1/18-20/2014 (Tink Half Marathon) BWPPI, 1/29-2/2/2014 (DD's 5th birthday surprise!) DI&S
Old 08-18-2013, 01:03 AM   #1945
sumlee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceOneSimba View Post
I ran my first 10k today, and finished in 1:18:52. Hoping that will at least get me into Corral D!

First time I've broken the 13-minute barrier!
Congrats!!! That's fantastic! I bet you are on cloud 9 after that!!!

sumlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #1946
Run princess
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how the corrals work? In WDW races each corral has its own start and fireworks. I have also found a lot of weaving required to get around slower runners and each race starts on the 4 lane road outside EPCOT. The pictures I've seen of the start line at DL looks like really close quarters. Thanks.
Dopey 2015
Run princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #1947
littlesparkler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Littlesparkler, I don't know what other people do, but I always use the walk/run ratio. On the 30-45 minute runs, my run portion is just longer than on the long runs.

If you look up the program on the Galloway site (or in the training plans on the runDisney site), you can see the run/walk ratios for various paces. You pick one for the30-45 minute runs, and one that is about 2 minutes slower for your long runs. (So, say, you run an 11-minute mile pace for the shorter runs and run for 2:30 and then walk for a minute during the weekday runs. Then, on the long run, you run a 13-mile pace and run for a minute and walk for a minute.)

It does say somewhere (either on his website or the runDisney training plan) that if you can already run for an entire half hour when you start the training plan, you can keep doing that for your weekday runs. (I can't run for 30 minutes consecutively, so I always use the intervals. )

Hope that helps!
Thank you!!! It seems so hard to keep track of. I really didn't want to walk/run the 30 minutes, so that's great info. I just looked into the Galloway app. It's $15 and the reviews are so-so. I think that would help me tremendously, but I don't want to spend that kind of money for crap.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #1948
NiceOneSimba
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesparkler View Post
Thank you!!! It seems so hard to keep track of. I really didn't want to walk/run the 30 minutes, so that's great info. I just looked into the Galloway app. It's $15 and the reviews are so-so. I think that would help me tremendously, but I don't want to spend that kind of money for crap.
I tried to keep track without an interval timer, and I felt like I was looking my watch all the time, which I hated. There are apps that are free or very inexpensive (like $1 or $2)...some of them are called tabata apps (some crossfit thing, I guess). Some good athletic watches also have this feature.

I got a Gymboss, which is a pretty small interval alarm thingy (about the size of a pedometer), which I think are about $20. It beeps or vibrates when the interval is over. I just clip it to my wristband when I run.

Also, if you haven't checked out jeffgalloway.com, you should. Lots of good information on there, for free! I found the information to be a bit more in-depth than the runDisney training plan, but may just be me.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #1949
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run princess View Post
Does anyone know how the corrals work? In WDW races each corral has its own start and fireworks. I have also found a lot of weaving required to get around slower runners and each race starts on the 4 lane road outside EPCOT. The pictures I've seen of the start line at DL looks like really close quarters. Thanks.
The corrals start in waves in DL too and we head up a 2 or 3 lane road (sorry, can't remember exactly) to fireworks. I can't comment if each corral has their own fireworks or not, I was off in A corral and didn't look back. It was crowded to start but it wasn't bad although your milage may vary depending what corral you are in. I will say that DL never felt as insanely crowded as Princess did. It was horribly crowded in some sections.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #1950
littlesparkler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I tried to keep track without an interval timer, and I felt like I was looking my watch all the time, which I hated. There are apps that are free or very inexpensive (like $1 or $2)...some of them are called tabata apps (some crossfit thing, I guess). Some good athletic watches also have this feature.

I got a Gymboss, which is a pretty small interval alarm thingy (about the size of a pedometer), which I think are about $20. It beeps or vibrates when the interval is over. I just clip it to my wristband when I run.

Also, if you haven't checked out jeffgalloway.com, you should. Lots of good information on there, for free! I found the information to be a bit more in-depth than the runDisney training plan, but may just be me.
Thanks!! I'm going to look into the apps. I like the idea of a vibrate, too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: