Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #1621
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
This morning I realized I'm doing W&D, Space Coast, Tink and hopefully Princess... one a month for 4 months straight. Oh. My.

When did I become a *gasp* runner?!?!?
Sooo jealous!!! And look at you go! I know I'm inspired

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:39 AM   #1622
AZlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post

Seeing Indygirl's post reminded me of another thing ~ another idea is to do the 5k w/ DD, if she wants to do that one or both of them, and use it to take the pics. Like I said above, the only "Disney" photo opps are in the parks and it's usually the same out both days; that way you can get your pics in on Sat and not have to worry about time (they don't have sweepers and as long as you're not doddling you're fine). Plus, the 5k starts later so it'll be lighter out and there are less people than the 1/2 so shorter lines and better pics!

?
DD turn 14, three weeks later...so no 1/2. I'm okay with that. I really just want to go for the fun and get photos w/ characters. I assumed there would be lots of kids running the 5k and I would feel like I'm stealing the character time ( if that makes sense).
We got AP last week and just trying to plan fun weekends to go- and Tink seemed fun
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 05:44 AM   #1623
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post

Sooo jealous!!! And look at you go! I know I'm inspired
Funny talking to DH last night. Mentioned space coast and he didn't remember giving the ok on it

Thank goodness I had it in text!!! He totally gave the go ahead in January. Lol

Lots of running for me this year.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #1624
dewingedpixie
Mouseketeer

I've checked in over on the board on Wish but I wanted to say hello over here as well. I'll be coming in from the Nation's Capital :D

dewingedpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #1625
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Are they in the center or off to the side? Curious, because I didn't see it last year either and I thought it was weird, b/c I've always seen them for the DL 1/2.
They were off to the side either next to or under or around the mile markers. I distinctly remember them because they were showing me how snail-like I really am.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #1626
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
This morning I realized I'm doing W&D, Space Coast, Tink and hopefully Princess... one a month for 4 months straight. Oh. My.

When did I become a *gasp* runner?!?!?
You're sick. No other way to explain it.

And I'm officially out for the W&D in November. One of my two 10 year old cars has decided it wants to cost me $1500 every 3 months in repair bills, so I'm in the market for a new vehicle. Its been heavenly to not have a car payment for the last 5 or 6 years, but it'll be sooooo nice to enjoy a new car again.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #1627
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZlady View Post
DD turn 14, three weeks later...so no 1/2. I'm okay with that. I really just want to go for the fun and get photos w/ characters. I assumed there would be lots of kids running the 5k and I would feel like I'm stealing the character time ( if that makes sense).
We got AP last week and just trying to plan fun weekends to go- and Tink seemed fun
Don't worry about stealing pic time. There are kids that do the 5k but the pic lines aren't long at all and way shorter than the 1/2. A lot of the little kids do the kid races after the 5k so while there are kids that do the 5k, it's about 75%/25% adults to kids. Last year for the 5k I dressed up as Mr Smee and brought my camera for pics and the line was only a few mins and it was all adults! The mile markers are really themed out as well. So if you want to do the race w/ your DD and take pics, I wouldn't worry and would sign up and have a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
They were off to the side either next to or under or around the mile markers. I distinctly remember them because they were showing me how snail-like I really am.
Oh no, sorry for the confusion, I meant a clock at the start line. I've noticed the mile marker ones, but for the past 2 years haven't seen/found the one at the start. I see it for DL so thought it was weird I missed the Tink one. It helps b/c it helps me figure out where I'm at when I see the mile marker clocks.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #1628
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Good morning ladies, just rad about this on facebook and the WISH thread so thought I would post it too:

Breaking news for RunDisney fans! Princess Half-Marathon weekend will now feature a 10K. Completing both the 10K & Princess half-marathon will earn you a Glass Slipper Challenge medal and completing both the Princess half-marathon at Walt Disney World and the Tinkerbell half-marathon at DisneyLand Resort will earn you a special coast-to-coast medal with a pink overlay & lanyard!

Registration for the Princess half-marathon begins June 11. Registration for Tinkerbell half-marathon begins June 11 if you are also registering for the Princess half-marathon, otherwise it will start on July 9.

Anyone else a sucker for this and going to do it?

Old 04-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #1629
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Bit of a repost from the WISH thread but I soooooooo want to do this. Probably not gonna happen, but I can at least dream of ways to pull it off for the next month until registration opens up.
But most likely fo rme it will still be just Tink and thats ok. Hopefully they'll have an early registration for AP or Visa holders. I dont think Tink is gonna sell out much faster this year than last year.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #1630
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I was going anyway... so yeah, I'm a sucker! I am just happy I get to sign up for Tink at the same time as PHM now.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 04-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #1631
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Kirsten, we can always find you roomies if you need them!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 04-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #1632
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Well, it looks like I'm definitely in for this one again this year. And Princess now that they've announced the new pink C2C medal I even went ahead and booked a room at Stovall's
niclodn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #1633
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niclodn View Post
I even went ahead and booked a room at Stovall's
That's so funny you booked there ~ it's a running joke on the WISH thread that there is a requirement for that weekend that you have to be a DISer in order to stay there. Almost everyone is staying there so far.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #1634
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

I'm giving it serious consideration.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #1635
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Good morning ladies, just rad about this on facebook and the WISH thread so thought I would post it too:

Breaking news for RunDisney fans! Princess Half-Marathon weekend will now feature a 10K. Completing both the 10K & Princess half-marathon will earn you a Glass Slipper Challenge medal and completing both the Princess half-marathon at Walt Disney World and the Tinkerbell half-marathon at DisneyLand Resort will earn you a special coast-to-coast medal with a pink overlay & lanyard!

Registration for the Princess half-marathon begins June 11. Registration for Tinkerbell half-marathon begins June 11 if you are also registering for the Princess half-marathon, otherwise it will start on July 9.

Anyone else a sucker for this and going to do it?
I've never been to WDW and I always said if I go it's going to be to run the Princess Half...but I don't know... At least I have a little while to decide.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: