Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #136
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabieDuckie
Thanks to everybody for the support! I really appreciate it! Yesterday was the first day of the C25k training for me, and boy am I sore! Good thing today is a rest day. I really wish I had someone to do this program with. It would make it a lot more fun and hopefully help keep my motivation!

I took a peak at some of the Marathon merchandise from last year on Google. I'm super excited to get that finish medal at the end! (I'm easily attracted to shiny and sparkly things!). Out of curiosity, does anybody know what's included in the iGift bags?
For some reason I don't get the emails from runDisney so I never got the iGiftbag link.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #137
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
For some reason I don't get the emails from runDisney so I never got the iGiftbag link.
Ditto...I get my confirmation emails. But, when people talked about other emails, I never got them. Really hope it's different this year.
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #138
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing with their training!

Hope its going well for everyone. Welcome to the new runners - good for you for doing it. A warning though - it becomes addictive once they start putting medals around your neck!

Keep logging the miles ladies!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:18 AM   #139
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing with their training!
I've had 2 successful half mile runs. Yes, Half.A.Mile. Probably not what I should call "training" but it is a start. I'm in PT and just got the ok to try to start up slowly. I was pretty sore after both runs, but by the next day felt ok, and the pain during the run was minimal... so I see this as progress. Hoping my PT feels the same way and will let me start adding a bit farther in the coming weeks. My personal goal is to be at 3 mile runs by the time "official" Galloway training starts, but I'll listen to the PT for that guidance.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #140
BabieDuckie
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the welcome Sarah! This is exactly what I meant about the support. Complete strangers who are genuinely interested in other peoples' progress. Signing up for this half marathon is a huge deal for me, so any type of progress I make I feel like I want to share with the world, and I'm glad someone is interested!

I just completed Day 2 of the C25k program. I have to say, it was a LOT easier than Day 1! Maybe it was because my boyfriend was running with me and keeping time for me, so I didn't have to keep checking my iPod to know when to start/stop running. I bought a Gymboss at the beginning of this week and it should be here today or tomorrow. I'm extremely excited to start using it so I can just focus on running... and shaking my Nano to shuffle the music when a slow song comes on. Which reminds me, I need to make some serious changes to my playlist to keep me motivated!

How about anyone else? How's training going for some of the other beginners on here? What about the experienced runners?
Old 07-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #141
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabieDuckie View Post
I bought a Gymboss at the beginning of this week and it should be here today or tomorrow.

How about anyone else? How's training going for some of the other beginners on here? What about the experienced runners?
Ooohh! A new toy. What is that one, I've never heard of it before?

No training for this race for me. I'm doing Goofy the weekend before, so my goal for Tink is to just be able to finish the race and not get swept before me legs fall off.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #142
BabieDuckie
Earning My Ears

It really might be a silly thing to buy, since you could do the same exact thing with a watch, but it's an interval timer. You can set up to 2 intervals anywhere between 2 - 99 minutes, and set it to repeat up to 99 times. It also has an alarm that you can set to go off, either beep and/or vibrate so you'll know when to switch. I tried using the stopwatch function on my iPod the first day. It worked out alright, but I felt distracted, always trying to look at the time. Hopefully the Gymboss will let me focus on running.

The next toy I want is a Fitbit, to help me track my distance so I can get a feel for what kind of pace I need set for myself. But, I could probably just do the same thing with a pedometer... they're just not as pretty as a Fitbit!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #143
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome Sarah! This is exactly what I meant about the support. Complete strangers who are genuinely interested in other peoples' progress. Signing up for this half marathon is a huge deal for me, so any type of progress I make I feel like I want to share with the world, and I'm glad someone is interested!

I just completed Day 2 of the C25k program. I have to say, it was a LOT easier than Day 1! Maybe it was because my boyfriend was running with me and keeping time for me, so I didn't have to keep checking my iPod to know when to start/stop running. I bought a Gymboss at the beginning of this week and it should be here today or tomorrow. I'm extremely excited to start using it so I can just focus on running... and shaking my Nano to shuffle the music when a slow song comes on. Which reminds me, I need to make some serious changes to my playlist to keep me motivated!

When I was doing C25K I downloaded one of the C25K apps on my iphone. Made it so much easier to have someone in my ear telling me when to run and when to walk. So if you have a smartphone you might want to check that out.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #144
BabieDuckie
Earning My Ears

Ooh, thanks for the tip! Maybe I'll download it and give it a try. Thanks, Kirstie!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #145
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
The next toy I want is a Fitbit, to help me track my distance so I can get a feel for what kind of pace I need set for myself. But, I could probably just do the same thing with a pedometer... they're just not as pretty as a Fitbit!
I have some friends who have this, and both of them randomly had them fall off and get lost. I've done ZERO research on these, but I find it odd that both of them lost them off their bodies. Might want to research them a bit, read reviews, to see if this is a common issue...

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #146
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

My husband and I just signed up for this race yesterday. We'll be running the Wine & Dine at Epcot in November (our first half marathon) and will be going for the Coast-to-Coast in 2013!

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #147
BabieDuckie
Earning My Ears

I did some research on the Fitbit, but not a lot. They cost $100 and have a lot of neat functions, but I decided that for what I'd use the Fitbit for, it would be cheaper to get a pedometer. I'm mainly interested in tracking my distance so I can see how well of a pace I'm keeping. Personally, I don't think the extra features are worth it because I don't really care for them that much.

I do find it a little disappointing that a device that costs so much can be lost so easily. You would think they would make a better quality attachment part to prevent it from detaching so easily. That being said, I hope the $37 pedometer I bought from REI stays on me while I run!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #148
Shananana
Mouseketeer

First Run.

I did it last night. 1 mile: half down the street and half back up. I had the jogging stroller with me, but I think that helped.

No, need to work my way up to 2 whole miles!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #149
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananana View Post
I did it last night. 1 mile: half down the street and half back up. I had the jogging stroller with me, but I think that helped.

No, need to work my way up to 2 whole miles!
Congrats!!

Heads up ~ the #'s jumped a little bit today. It's at 88% so you might have until the middle of next before it sells out.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #150
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

My 1st 5K

I have officially ran my first 5K, got my number and tshirt.

Okay I walked more than I ran but I finished in 57 min. Wohoo. I now have my baseline to improve on.

Some observations: Running on sand is definately different than streets or the treadmill. My ankles definately noticed the difference.

Agates on the beach must be scooped up quickly or race time suffers.
I made DH grab a few of them (he ran/walked with me).

Spending 4 hours throwing and retrieving crab traps on the beach the day before a race is not the best pre-race activity. But boy did those little suckers taste great. Nothing better than catching your own supper.

I will be sore tommorow (more my arms from throwing the traps than anything) but I did the race and finished which was the goal afterall. I will sign up for another 5K that is connected to a local 1/2 the first week of August and continue my training. I have to be ready by January.

I also think I will go pickup the Big book of marathon running that I read about somewhere here in the DIS. Nutrition is going to be a big part of this training.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: