Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

321GO - The Alternative West Coast TR - Day 7

Wednesday 23rd May

We got up slowly as we had no plans until our 11am brunch at Palo and we ended up being really early. I didn't think the food was as good as last time but DH did and I think it was just my taste rather than the food. We started off with a couple of trips to the buffet each but tackled it differently. I started off with a plate of everything I wanted to try then went back for seconds of my favourite things. DH seperated the buffet in 2 and did half and half because he didn't want certain items touching. We both go the veal for our main as the veal we had last time was so good but this time I wasn't that fussed, DH enjoyed it though. Lastly a few desserts each, again I was disappointed by the panne cotta.

Next up it was time to wrap up and stand on deck 10 as we approached the glacier which was due to be around 3pm. We decided to stand right at the front of the ship which also happened to be the coldest and windiest spot, just moving slightly away from the front the wind dropped dramatically. (For those going on the Alaska cruise you do not need to stand at the front you will see it from both sides). They had a BBQ down at the aft of the ship but we weren't hungry and at the front they had hot chocolate and cookies. At first the weather was not great, it rained a bit but then stopped and it got better and better as we neared the glacier and pretty much right after we arrived the sun broke through. It was very busy up front but the rest of the deck was pretty empty. The other area which was busy was the crew deck, loads of CMs came out to see it and get their photo taken. We got so close to the glacier and once there the ship pivoted one way and then the other so that everyone got to look. Its hard to describe in words so here's just a few of the many photos we took...

Last edited by Chilly; 06-15-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Last edited by Chilly; 06-15-2012 at 04:39 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

As we left the glacier we saw some seals sitting on an iceberg. We decided a sit down was in order and a hot drink for Mike, i'd had plenty of hot chocolate so didn't want one but DH got a caramel latte in Cove Cafe and we had a nice sit down by the window and watched the scenery float by. The afternoon had flown by and it was now time to get ready for this evenings events first stop the show which was the ventriloquist then I got in the queue in the lobby for a character where I listened to the piano player whose music was on an ipad which automatically turned the page! I met Minnie Mouse in her Alaska outfit which i'd really wanted to do but I don't like the photo as I look huge in it. Then we had a look at our photos so far in shutters before heading to Tritons and our French Dinner. I had a Royal Cocktail, tomato soup, beef tenderlion and creme brulee, the blow torching hadn't improved. Mike had bacon and mushroom tart, lobster cheese pasta and the bread pudding. Anthony also brought us the souffle which Mike was very pleased about and promptly ate both puddings.

I got an orange cosmo to go and we headed to diversions where we played yahtzee and I won by one whole point! We headed into Wavebands for the late night show which was a comedy magician then it was an earlyish night as we had to be up at 6am the nest day.

Last edited by Chilly; 06-15-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
Fantasia Sam
Has a WDW secret
Is watched by the TF...

Awwww I love that Alaskan Minnie photo!

Cool Glacier photos and some hilarious ones of you all bundled up!

Mmmm that meal looked great at Tritons and dear me when I think of the photos of our Palo brunch plates I am shamed to say you've made a little porker out of me LMAO LMAO

I'm really enjoying this TR that's for sure!

I'm Sam, here's my old Wedding Report - FantasiaSam FairyTale Wedding Trippy more recent November 2011 Trippy

1996:QI Plaza; 1998:HII IDrive; 2000:QI Plaza; 2001:(x2), Clarion Rosen & HII IDrive; 2002:(x 2), Yacht Club, Swan, AKL; 2003: (x2)-YC, Wonder, CBR, WL, BWV; 2004:(x3), CBR,YC Concierge, Magic, BCV, Pop, Swan, Disney Wedding; 2005:(x3), Magic, WLV, Pop, BW Inn, OKW; 2006:(x3), Magic, BCV, OKW, Dolphin, AKL Concierge, WL Concierge; 2007:GFloridian & SSR; 2008:(x2), BCV & Dolphin; 2009:BCC & Magic Concierge; 2010:(x2), BCV, AKL Concierge, Swan, SSR; 2011:BC Concierge & BCV; 2012:(x2), OKW & Dolphin; 2013:(x2), Magic, YC Concierge OKW
Fantasia Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasia Sam View Post
Awwww I love that Alaskan Minnie photo!

Cool Glacier photos and some hilarious ones of you all bundled up!

Mmmm that meal looked great at Tritons and dear me when I think of the photos of our Palo brunch plates I am shamed to say you've made a little porker out of me LMAO LMAO

I'm really enjoying this TR that's for sure!
Thanks Sam
Old 06-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #6
Claire L
Enjoys a good broadway show
Likes a nice cold glass of White Zinfandel
Has been known to have a blonde moment now and then

Some fantastic pics, but wow it did look cold! Loving Minnie in her outfit
Aug 90 to Mar 98 - 6 visits to US and 20 states visited, inc 2 trips to WDW and 2 trips to DL Jun 01 - WDW Grosvenor DTD 2wks + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk Jun 02 - WDW WL 2wks Feb 03 - New York 4nts Jun 03 - West Coast 3wks SF to LA & DL for 3 days Oct 04 - WDW AKL 10nts + RPR 2nts Jun 05 - WDW YC 10nts + HRH 4nts + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk! Jun 06 - SF to LV inc Lake Tahoe, Yosemite + the Grand Canyon 3wks Dec 06 - NYE at WDW POFQ 11nts inc RPR 1nt Oct 07 - WDW SSR 2wks inc PBH 1nt May 08 - WDW AKV 15nts inc PBH 1nt + VB 4nts Feb 09 - WDW SSR 1wk + BWI 1wk Jun 09 - Washington DC for 1wk Dec 09 - New York for 6nts Oct 10 - Miami 3nts & WDW AKV KV 13nts inc HRH 1nt Jun 11 - LA to Seattle for 3wks inc 3 days at DLC Oct 12 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt Oct 14 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt
Claire L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

The glacier looks stunning but very cold. Love Alaskan Minnie.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

Had to laugh at the photo of you bundled up from head to toe It looked freezing.

Amazing photos. What an experience
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Fab photos, I would love to do a cruise in Alaska with all the scenery. I look forward to the rest

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire L View Post
Some fantastic pics, but wow it did look cold! Loving Minnie in her outfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
The glacier looks stunning but very cold. Love Alaskan Minnie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry blonde View Post
Had to laugh at the photo of you bundled up from head to toe It looked freezing.

Amazing photos. What an experience
It was only the very front of the ship that was so cold because it was so windy the rest wasn't as bad and when the sun came out it was lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
Fab photos, I would love to do a cruise in Alaska with all the scenery. I look forward to the rest
I better get on with it then!
Old 06-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Wow, what a wonderful day. I'm so looking forward to seeing some of this scenery for real instead of looking at photos and travel brochures! And Palo brunch looks lovely - we didn't bother on our last cruise but I hope we can get to book it this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Love this photo and the one with Alaskan Minnie (and no, you'd don't look huge, I can tell it's your black clothes blending into the dark background).
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Wow, what a wonderful day. I'm so looking forward to seeing some of this scenery for real instead of looking at photos and travel brochures! And Palo brunch looks lovely - we didn't bother on our last cruise but I hope we can get to book it this time.

Love this photo and the one with Alaskan Minnie (and no, you'd don't look huge, I can tell it's your black clothes blending into the dark background).
Def do Palo brunch its yummy.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

The photos are amazing. I can't wait to see it for myself next year. For the Panama Canal Crossing last year we based ourselves on deck 4 and I have a feeling that this will be a good spot for this, too, especially as it is more sheltered.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #14
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
The photos are amazing. I can't wait to see it for myself next year. For the Panama Canal Crossing last year we based ourselves on deck 4 and I have a feeling that this will be a good spot for this, too, especially as it is more sheltered.

Corinna
It was only the very front of the ship which was cold and windy but deck 4 might be a good spot.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #15
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

The scenery is beautiful! Loving Alaskan Minnie too

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: