Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #31
Kevin_W
Mouseketeer

I saw at least one poster on here say they saw it with a 4-year-old. How was it from that perspective? The PG rating has me a bit scared off for now. I'd rather wait a year than have my DD covering her eyes, but if it's not that intense then I'd like to see it in the theater.
Kevin_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #32
Artoo
Mom to a beautiful African Grey

Just got back from seeing it. I thought it was a gorgeous film and funny in that clever Pixar way. I thought the story was inventive, too. Although I don't have kids, I could definitely see how some parts of the movie may be too intense for young audience members. There were a few scenes that were even a bit violent for me (and I'm 34!). Oh, I though La Luna was so cute!

Artoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #33
Artoo
Mom to a beautiful African Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Buck View Post

- Merida is a great princess. Definitely is a good role model for girls, that girls are just as good as guys and her message was she didnt want anyone deciding how she was going to live her life.

I totally agree!

Artoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #34
KingK12
No boo boo, but Yes, I wanna get sauced

Thumbs up

This looks really neat! I love Pixars animated movies..
Old 06-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #35
KMcCP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_W View Post
I saw at least one poster on here say they saw it with a 4-year-old. How was it from that perspective? The PG rating has me a bit scared off for now. I'd rather wait a year than have my DD covering her eyes, but if it's not that intense then I'd like to see it in the theater.

I think it really depends on if your DD scares easily or not. It wasn't overwhelmingly scary- but my 5yo cried at one point, I think more so because she was worried about mumma bear getting hurt. She also spooks easily too.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #36
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

I took my 4 year old niece yesterday. She said she only liked the good parts, but didn't like the "really scary parts" ... and she did sit in my lap and cover her eyes a couple times when the very big scary bear was on, he was pretty intense. I was a little surprised she liked it as much as she said she did, she talked about Merida alot after the movie when we went out to eat. My impression though was that Brave is for a bit older kids, 6 or 7 and up.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #37
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I'm actually looking forward to Brave. One of the times I'll be seeing it is with my 2 year old cousin. I don't know if she will like it.

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #38
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Saw Brave...again! It was just as stunning the second time around. I am seriously obsessed with the whole movie. Merida's hair, the scenery, the wee little bears...GAH I love it so much!

And I saw the Pizza Planet Truck! I was so excited to find it.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #39
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Saw Brave...again! It was just as stunning the second time around. I am seriously obsessed with the whole movie. Merida's hair, the scenery, the wee little bears...GAH I love it so much!

Ack! I missed that one. I was paying more attention to where John Ratzenberger might pop up, and I'm pretty sure I know which character he was. I also very much enjoyed the film, and liked it a lot more than movies like Wall-E or a Bug's Life. La Luna was also very sweet.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
DisneyParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #40
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParrothead View Post
Ack! I missed that one. I was paying more attention to where John Ratzenberger might pop up, and I'm pretty sure I know which character he was. I also very much enjoyed the film, and liked it a lot more than movies like Wall-E or a Bug's Life. La Luna was also very sweet.
A little hint: the truck is in the witch's cottage!

I also liked La Luna!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #41
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

Just saw Brave last night...definitely my least favorite Disney movie so far. The story was missing something or a few things..can't quite put my finger on it. It was visually stunning, but I TOTALLY agree with a PP..the mother-into a bear-"thing" was completely bizarre and didn't work.

I think the movie could've done completely without the triplets and half of the fighting scenes. My favorite part of the movie is when she is in the forest shooting arrows, and them in the river with the salmon. The witch was a cool character too..but they could've put her in a lot more scenes to make it worthwhile to me.

This one rates down there with "Around the world in 80 days" and "Treasure Planet" just very underwhelmed. As much as Cars 2 was disappointing..I'd see that 10X more than I would Brave...just my .02

Last edited by thelionqueen; 06-30-2012 at 04:30 PM.
thelionqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #42
BemaniAK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Buck View Post
- Merida is a great princess. Definitely is a good role model for girls, that girls are just as good as guys and her message was she didnt want anyone deciding how she was going to live her life.
I think the more important thing is that it wasn't forced in any way, she felt like an actual person, it didn't feel like an "Okay we need to put in a strong independent woman who don't need no man" afterthought like they did at the end of Tangled.
BemaniAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #43
Princess Row
His Disney girl! <3

Quote:
I saw it with a four year old. There was one part (HUGE BEAR) where she covered her eyes probably for one minute at the most. She absolutely loved the rest of it!
Princess Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #44
Princess Row
His Disney girl! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post

WHERE did you find it?! I was looking for it!!!!! I will see it again in theaters on the cruise!!
Princess Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #45
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went yesterday with DD4 and niece 3. There were parts that were intense and in opinion, only a few moments that were truly scary - I felt my fault for not really looking into what the story was about before taking them, especially my niece, as she was a last minute addition to joining us. There was only one part where my DD was really scared but we had "greenie" a/k/a her blankie with us and she just hid her face in it at that time. She's watched a lot of Disney movies so she's come to understand everything with Villans and the scary parts so it wasn't too bad. My niece I think is still young enough where afterwards it didn't affect her (she just turnedc 3 5 days ago).
At the end of the movie DD4 declared that she "loved it!" She liked Merida even before seeing the movie and likes her even more now.
There was one part that I wasn't crazy about where a bunch of bare behinds were shown on the men and DD did question that and I had a hard time explaining (although she thought it was silly)

Funfire240 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: