Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Tokyo Disneyland
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 04:52 AM   #136
battymum
DIS Veteran

Do you know this thread has had 4354 views -

There is a lot of lurkers waiting for the next installment!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:10 AM   #137
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

lol... Are you trying to tell me something??
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #138
battymum
DIS Veteran

Just sayin,

I am hungry for information and this forum is definitely not as active as the Aussie board.

Although, you have a lot of catching up -
Lurky Lou has had 187745 views
Old 08-02-2012, 05:29 AM   #139
BecBennett

The parade was still going on, so we also checked out the wait on Monster’s Inc. It was only 20 minutes, and knowing how popular this ride was I thought that was a pretty good time, so we lined up for it too.

I don’t get it… It’s cute, but there’s really very little difference between this ride, and the one at DLR. You get flashlights in your little car, and you aim them at the hard hats you see about the place. When the hard hat lights up something happens. Usually nothing special… Like one of the animatronics waves, or pokes out its tongue, or something else pretty basic.

The Japanese girls who were in the cars ahead of us were squealing and getting really excited over it, but really it’s not worth the line it gets. I’m really happy we didn’t wait longer than 20 minutes for it, and even more happy that we didn’t try and race to it at rope drop in the morning.

We did some more wandering around the park, looking for something to do that didn’t have a huge wait for it, would get us off our feet, but wouldn’t put DH to sleep, because he was pretty tired.

Evilina - This one is for you!

I had seen an icy drink/dessert earlier, very similar to the pineapple one I’d had the other day, but instead of pineapple syrup it had a berry syrup, and there were a few berries sitting with the ice cream on top. I really wanted to try this, because it looked so good! So I decided that we should try and find where they came from. This got really frustrating, I knew I didn’t see them in Main Street, so I figured it was in either adventureland or frontierland. We must have walked through these areas 3 or 4 times before we found the place! We know DL at DLR back to front, but finding this stall at TDL was next to impossible!!!

We finally found the stall though, so I finally got to try the berry option! I discovered that the ice cream was just plain soft serve, but that was OK, because it is awesome soft serve! I think I prefer the pineapple version, but I’m glad I got to give this one a try.

We then decided that we wanted to try and get a good spot to see the Natsu Matsuri show, so we found out that to get in the good seating area you need to enter into a lottery to get seat tickets. The lottery is held in Tomorrowland Hall. Basically inside Tomorrowland Hall is just a bunch of machines where you select how many people there are in your group, and then you scan in all of your park tickets. It then tells you whether you have been successful in the lottery. You can only do this once a day for each show. Unfortunately we were not successful in the lottery.

We decided that we really wanted to see the show anyway (well I decided I really wanted to see the show), so we made our way over to a pretty good position and took a seat on the ground to wait for the show. It was still just over an hour away, but there were a few people hanging around waiting for it to begin. We’ve never waiting this long for any show before, so it was all pretty new to us.

About 15 minutes before the show was to start an announcement came over and everyone started standing up. So we stood up too. I still had a pretty good view of the castle, so all was good. We were about 3 rows back from a large gardened area that separated us from where the prime seating was.

Then a lady in front of DH changed out of her crocs into 9inch platform shoes, so now he had a view of the back of her head… Then her friend stood up and put a face mask on her head (not over her face, just on her head) and blocked a little more of the view. Then a man stood up in front of me, and hoisted a full on professional video camera onto his shoulder… What the..? There was another bloke in between me and the guy with the video camera, so when he saw what was going to be in front of him for the show he adjusted his position so he was between the guy with the camera, and the girl in the platforms (which I would have done in his position too) which now left me with a view of everyone’s heads and a big ar$e camera.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:30 AM   #140
BecBennett

I tried to focus on a few things happening on the stage in the tiny gaps left available, but in the end just took photos of the castle. It wasn’t long though and I got sick of trying to get photos, and not being able to see any of the show, and DH was being blinded by a girl next to him who kept letting her flash go off in his eyes, so we decided to start heading out of the park. Pretty disappointed that we couldn’t enjoy the show. I really wanted photos of Mickey with the Taiko drum. Not meant to be though…

We decided to try TGI Fridays for dinner in Ikspiari. We wanted something simple, but well cooked. I got the Jack Daniels Ribs and DH had some buffalo wings and the bacon cheeseburger. My ribs were delicious, but DH said his wings could have had more sauce/marinade and all he could taste in his burger was salt.

I also had the cookies and cream blended cocktail (alcoholic) which was amazing, and went down a little too well, and a Strawberry Lemonade crushed ice drink (non alcoholic) which was equally as good.

We then made our way home, very sleepy and pretty worn out.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:32 AM   #141
BecBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
Just sayin,

I am hungry for information and this forum is definitely not as active as the Aussie board.

Although, you have a lot of catching up -
Lurky Lou has had 187745 views
Yeah you're right, we need to encourage more people in here just to chat

I think Lurky has followers from all over the board who just like to read her TR's regardless of whether they're planning a trip or not
Old 08-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #142
battymum
DIS Veteran

Thank-you!

Dont you hate it when people stand up in front of you!
I think I will be grateful to be a tall Aussie!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #143
DreamSweetsLove
Loves Mickey

Quote:
Then a lady in front of DH changed out of her crocs into 9inch platform shoes, so now he had a view of the back of her head… Then her friend stood up and put a face mask on her head (not over her face, just on her head) and blocked a little more of the view. Then a man stood up in front of me, and hoisted a full on professional video camera onto his shoulder… What the..? There was another bloke in between me and the guy with the video camera, so when he saw what was going to be in front of him for the show he adjusted his position so he was between the guy with the camera, and the girl in the platforms (which I would have done in his position too) which now left me with a view of everyone’s heads and a big ar$e camera.
Those people were waiting from opening, maybe earlier if they had early entry because it's the closest center standing position. That's why they had the platform shoes and huge cameras. You probably would have had more luck if you were a little off to the side. People at TDR are pretty hardcore and very patient. Yesterday my son and I waited for an off center position to the left from 9:30am until the end of the second showing of the evening. The cast asks people to stand 15 to 30 minutes before the show start time for the standing areas of the shows.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #144
BecBennett

Tell me about it, they all had little chairs and everything that they had been sitting on, I just didn't think they would have been there all day It sort of annoyed me because while we had only been waiting there an hour we've never waited any where near an hour for a show before, and when we got there there was plenty of viewing room. I'm happy that the US parks don't allow this sort of recording gear in
Old 08-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #145
DreamSweetsLove
Loves Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Tell me about it, they all had little chairs and everything that they had been sitting on, I just didn't think they would have been there all day It sort of annoyed me because while we had only been waiting there an hour we've never waited any where near an hour for a show before, and when we got there there was plenty of viewing room. I'm happy that the US parks don't allow this sort of recording gear in

Yeah I wished a cast would have said something to you about it but maybe they thought you knew the viewing area rules. Sometimes if they see us waiting early they will tell us the show start time and check if we are ok watching from the standing area in case we don't know or where the show stops are. They might have assumed since you were two rows back from the planter that you knew you would have to stand up since you wouldn't be able to see the stage sitting on the ground since the planter is elevated. If you would have watched to the side or even center a few steps back from the crowd you would have been able to see the full stage without waiting, it just wouldn't be ideal for photo's.

Edit: Actually I just checked the English site. The cast didn't say anything because the viewing information was available in English.

I don't know all the US parks rules but I didn't have a problem bringing my SLR camera to WDW and they allow tripods which they don't at TDR. I didn't bring my telephoto lens though and we are thinking of going to DCA next year, is there a place we can check the rules?

Last edited by DreamSweetsLove; 08-02-2012 at 08:27 PM.
DreamSweetsLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #146
BecBennett

I didn't have a problem with standing, I figured we'd all stand, it was the people who already had great views who proceeded to make the view for the people behind them terrible

I'm not sure where the camera rules are written, but I remember reading a thread about the size lenses that are allowed inside the parks, not sure if it's WDW, DLR or both

Maybe head over, or ask in the photography section of the boards, because I know I've read a discussion about it somewhere

BTW - I'm trying to find you on twitter, and can't seem to...
Old 08-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #147
DreamSweetsLove
Loves Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
I didn't have a problem with standing, I figured we'd all stand, it was the people who already had great views who proceeded to make the view for the people behind them terrible

I'm not sure where the camera rules are written, but I remember reading a thread about the size lenses that are allowed inside the parks, not sure if it's WDW, DLR or both

Maybe head over, or ask in the photography section of the boards, because I know I've read a discussion about it somewhere

BTW - I'm trying to find you on twitter, and can't seem to...

Thank you for the heads up on the lenses I didn't know there was a camera section but will definitely check it out. They have really tried making it easier for non frequent visitors at TDR but it's a tough problem because demand is just too high for the seasonal events. The lottery and and things like the vacation plan help but they are still experimenting with different things like the kids areas. My twitter is @dreamsweetslove it should come out in a search or this is the direct link https://twitter.com/DreamSweetsLove
Old 08-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #148
EvilinaDM101
I LOVE Disney, Lilo and Stitch, Depeche Mode and my VW New Beetle!!

Soooo cute! Thanks for the pic!! All your pictures are amazing!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #149
BecBennett

Thanks

I was going to try and do some sneaky sneaky TR updating while at work, but then I remembered that my TR is in docx. format, and I need to save it in compatibility mode to be able to open it at work. So if I remember I'll change the formatting when I'm at home.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:26 AM   #150
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Love the update.

Seems like some a random way to get a seat for the show; but I guess it is worth it. Shame about the camera and the heads in your way.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: