Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
MouseMadness
Mouseketeer

refillable mug?

Do the DL resorts have the refillable mugs like WDW? I use the one I have from WDW all the time and it is one of my favorite souvenirs

TIA!

DH Myself DS8 DD5

MouseMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMadness View Post
Do the DL resorts have the refillable mugs like WDW? I use the one I have from WDW all the time and it is one of my favorite souvenirs

TIA!
No, not at DL. Sorry!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

You can purchase some drinks in a "Souvenir Mug" which is the same type of cup as the refillable mugs at WDW. But it isn't the same principle; it doesn't come with any refills.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Priory
Mouseketeer

I loved that silly mug so much. We stayed at All Star Movies and I would run down to the food court and refill my mug over and over just because I could.
Priory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
LisainCalifornia
DIS Veteran

no, they don't have that--but even better they have "free water" on tap at DL. You can go up to any counter service place and just ask for tap water, and presto--you get it for free. Much better for you, and even better price.
LisainCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
no, they don't have that--but even better they have "free water" on tap at DL. You can go up to any counter service place and just ask for tap water, and presto--you get it for free. Much better for you, and even better price.
They have that at WDW too!

DL has the souvienir popcorn bucket. If you are staying where you have access to a microwave you can refill it with microwave popcorn for cheap.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

The only place that I have seen this as of late is at the Grand Californian (White Water Snacks) and it specifically said it was refillable for the length of stay at the Grand Californian.

This was about 3 months ago and was on the bottom shelf, clearly they didn't want it seen.

It did use to be that each of the hotels had this and for a while White Water Snacks' policy was to allow free refills for life (apparently if you still have one of those cups, they still honor it from what I have seen and been told) as this was the rule when they first opened for a few years, wish i would have gotten one now...LOL.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
The only place that I have seen this as of late is at the Grand Californian (White Water Snacks) and it specifically said it was refillable for the length of stay at the Grand Californian.

This was about 3 months ago and was on the bottom shelf, clearly they didn't want it seen.

It did use to be that each of the hotels had this and for a while White Water Snacks' policy was to allow free refills for life (apparently if you still have one of those cups, they still honor it from what I have seen and been told) as this was the rule when they first opened for a few years, wish i would have gotten one now...LOL.
Good to know. We'll be staying there in November. I'll definitely look into this. Thanks for the heads up.

Upcoming: Oct 16-19 (DLH); Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12

DisneyJamieCA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #9
MouseMadness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
Yes, I agree water is better...we use our camelbaks while in the park, but it is nice to grab a cup of coffee on your way out in the morning and a cold sweet soda or something after a long, hot day when you are on your way back to the room for a quick nap

We'll be at the GC next month, so I'll check out White Water Snacks. Oh, and great idea on the popcorn bucket! My kids love popcorn for the shows and parades, so I'll bring some to refill and save lots of $

Thanks everyone

DH Myself DS8 DD5

MouseMadness is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: