Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #166
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
4 pounds in 4 weeks is great!

I'm gonna be tearing the house apart until I find the MM, that's for sure. Thus far, I think I've upended the spare bedroom and there's nothing in there. Nothing in the binder, either. I'm wondering if DH might have grabbed it to take a look-see.

Would definitely like to know where your kid's passports were found! Now you've mentioned it, so you must put it in your PTR!
I did a second segment in my PTR today since our core servers are down at work today. I think I posted it around the time you posted your comment, so you probably missed it. Just another stupid story of my everyday life

All the makings of a Disaster, Sept 2012

Split stay: Yacht Club/Pop Oct 1-Oct 8 DH/me
Art of Animation - April 2013 BFF trip
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 23-30, 2012 (Group trip)
Port Orleans Resort - Dec 10-15, 2010 (BFF trip)
POP Century - Sept 12-18, 2009 (Me and DS11)
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 2-12, 2008 (Group trip)
Old 08-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #167
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm View Post
I just found your PTR!! Wow you have great info on here... Love your park day shirts too!

Prayers for you and that your 2nd mammogram comes back clear. xoxo
Glad you're enjoying the read! And thanks for your prayers - appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkernj View Post
Try not to stress about itI get this each time I have a mammogram. They make me come back for additional views. The last time in Feb they actually saw something that they wanted to biopsy, but assured me it looked fine, they were just being precautionary. It was still extremely nerve wracking, but turned out to be nothing. Now I have to go next week for my follow up mammogram. I'm more worried about getting on the tiny elevator required to enter their office (I've gotten rather claustrophobic)

Go read some trip reports or pack some more to get your mind off it! Try not to worry until they tell you that you need to worry.
Well, I called the imaging center only to be put off for a follow-up imaging appointment until the end of September. I called the doctor's office and spoke to the nurse there - she said 1 in 10 women have to get additional imaging. SO - I'm going to let tomorrow take care of itself and try not to worry, KWIM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkernj View Post
I did a second segment in my PTR today since our core servers are down at work today. I think I posted it around the time you posted your comment, so you probably missed it. Just another stupid story of my everyday life
I'll be right over ....

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #168
mxkris
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't stress about the mammogram. Just like lurkernj, this happens to my mom alot too. She has had to go back for additional views quite a few times and it's always nothing!! Just in case, i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. I'm assuming since they put it off til the end of Sept that they didnt think it seemed like anything to be worried about!

Don't feel bad about losing your Mickey Mail, Disney lost mine!! My TA wrote me an email saying that he had my parent's but he didn't get mine so he called Disney and they were re-sending it. WTH?! I should have it soon. Hopefully in the next 22 days!!

Wilderness Lodge -1994 Fort Wilderness Cabin - May 2004 - HS Graduation Offsite - September 2010 CBR - September 2012 CBR - September 2013 runDisney Enchanted 10k - February 2014 OKW runDisney Tot Ten Miler! - October 2014 POP
Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #169
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
I know this probably isn't the place to discuss this, but I'm supremely worried.

I had my first mammogram yesterday. Easy peasy. Was worried for nothing! They called this morning and want "additional views" for the right side. First the girl says not to worry, then says I need to come in as soon as possible and have it done. Yeah, that really makes you NOT worry.

*big sigh* So now I'm sitting here just ... thinking. Maybe I have too much time on my hands this morning. I need to go busy myself with a project or something.
First off I want to tell you that this is the perfect place to discuss this. You are among friends.

I had the same thing happen in January. It freaked me out. It happens to a lot of women. *big hug*

Old 08-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #170
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, that really makes you NOT worry.

Seems to me that dealing with the medical profession is like being the Army -- it's all "hurry up and wait," a really annoying mixture of panic and pressure and boredom.

Quote:
she said 1 in 10 women have to get additional imaging.

Maybe it depends on how you break it down. Not too long ago, the Feds recommended women stop having mammograms every year and go to every other year instead, because 61% of women were getting them every year were getting a false positive at least once a decade, while "only" 40-some-percent would get a false positive if they went in every other year. Which, IMHO, is a pretty high percentage, but maybe it breaks down to one in ten every year, I dunno.

About one in ten of those (I think it was actually a bit lower -- 9%?) end up getting biopsies that come to nothing, too. It's frustrating.

So is not getting your Mickey Mail! I expect doctors to add to someone's stress, but Disney should be doing a better job, here.

I'll be praying on your mammogram, and also that you get some pixie dust soon!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #171
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkris View Post
I wouldn't stress about the mammogram. Just like lurkernj, this happens to my mom alot too. She has had to go back for additional views quite a few times and it's always nothing!! Just in case, i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. I'm assuming since they put it off til the end of Sept that they didnt think it seemed like anything to be worried about!

Don't feel bad about losing your Mickey Mail, Disney lost mine!! My TA wrote me an email saying that he had my parent's but he didn't get mine so he called Disney and they were re-sending it. WTH?! I should have it soon. Hopefully in the next 22 days!!
Thanks for the reassurance and the crossed fingers. I'm just going to go with that if it was serious, they would have gotten me in right away, right? No matter what, whatever it is, it IS ... so worrying about it won't change things. I just keep telling myself that.

Sorry to hear about your Mickey Mail - that's terrible! Hopefully they can get it out to you super fast - we don't have long to go now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
First off I want to tell you that this is the perfect place to discuss this. You are among friends.

I had the same thing happen in January. It freaked me out. It happens to a lot of women. *big hug*
Thank you. From everything I keep reading, this is pretty common. I guess it's just because it was my first one - never expected to get called back. Maybe I should have put my DIS skills to use and researched a little bit, huh? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post

Seems to me that dealing with the medical profession is like being the Army -- it's all "hurry up and wait," a really annoying mixture of panic and pressure and boredom.

Maybe it depends on how you break it down. Not too long ago, the Feds recommended women stop having mammograms every year and go to every other year instead, because 61% of women were getting them every year were getting a false positive at least once a decade, while "only" 40-some-percent would get a false positive if they went in every other year. Which, IMHO, is a pretty high percentage, but maybe it breaks down to one in ten every year, I dunno.

About one in ten of those (I think it was actually a bit lower -- 9%?) end up getting biopsies that come to nothing, too. It's frustrating.

So is not getting your Mickey Mail! I expect doctors to add to someone's stress, but Disney should be doing a better job, here.

I'll be praying on your mammogram, and also that you get some pixie dust soon!
Neither of the GYNs I have had in the last couple of years agree with those new recommendations. The one I had before I switched last year was adamant that I start at 40, my new one too ... and that I get them EVERY year, not every two. Same with the "other" female exam - not every three years, EVERY year. Seems there is a huge gap between what physicians recommend and what the government deems "necessary".

Thank you for the prayers and wishes for pixie dust - much appreciated.

-------------

I will definitely keep everyone updated on the repeat mammo stuff once we get home. My sincere thanks to everyone who reached out to me with support and reassurances privately and publicly.

For now ... BACK TO DISNEY!

Old 08-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #172
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Finally got some shopping done last night. Kohl's didn't have much along the way of Summer clothing, surprise surprise. Sorry to say, I'm not a size 2, so most of the stuff they have just doesn't look right on my body. Their sizing is starting to shrink, too. The last couple of years, I've been able to consistently buy size Large to X-Large no matter what brand. I could only find one (yes, ONE) shirt that actually fit and looked decent - and I was there TWO HOURS trying on clothes! The shorts were SO short, most of them bordering on indecent. I'm not sure who they're trying to market to, but it ain't me!

*whew* Okay, clothing rant over! Sorry about that!

ANYHOO ...

Guess what I WAS able to buy, though? THE ELUSIVE FLOPPY HAT! Yes! I finally found one! The lady said theirs came in late this year (???) and they didn't get them out until just a few weeks ago. They didn't have much to choose from, but I was able to find one that will shade my face and tops of my shoulders. It's kind of fancy looking - more like you would find on someone lounging by the pool in their sundress in the South of France - but hey, it'll work! So if you see someone in a fancy, shaped straw hat with a Grumpy t-shirt and jean shorts, that's probably me!

I also managed to talk my DH into buying some flip-flops. Seriously, I told him what a PITA it would be to wear gym shoes and socks to the pool. I'm kind of worried, though - his feet haven't seen the light of day since I don't know when, so his toes may shrivel up to raisins from the UV rays once they finally are exposed.

They had cross-body bags on sale as well, and I was able to get one that's just large enough to hold my stuff, but not large enough for DH's wallet and sunglasses. Honestly! Anyone else have issues like this? Seems like no matter where we go, I end up carrying all his stuff, too. And he's always asking why the purses I carry are so big.

Sooooo ... I guess the trip to Kohls wasn't a COMPLETE waste. I did get a purse, ONE shirt, and a pair of flip-flops for DH. Still no shorts, though ... and I don't have enough tops that fit that will carry me through the entire trip. I'm going to have to hit somewhere else this weekend.

On the upside, though, I did dig out some white shorts from storage that didn't fit at the beginning of Summer that fit now, so I was pretty excited about that!

Getting closer and closer. 14 days until we can check-in online if we decide to, and in just a couple more days, we'll be into the teens for days to go. I gotta get my hiney in gear!

22 days until vacation, 24 days until WDW!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #173
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Yay!! I'm so glad that you found your floppy hat!! I know that you've been looking for it for a long time!!

I always tell DH that his feet are bright enough to lead a plane to land in the dark of night!! LOL!! He usually wears tennis shoes or work shoes. LOL!!

I swear that Kohl's caters to the younger kids. I wouldn't let my kids wear any of it. Not that my son would want to anyways... LOL!!

LOL on you carrying DH's stuff. My DH is usually the one that has to carry everything. Here hun, hold my jacket for a minute and 5 hours later he's still lugging it around. LOL!!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #174
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Hello! I'm here and excited to read! I love that in your first post your confess your fear of no one reading. I, too struggle with fear of being a Trip Report Outcast and almost didn't start one. Looks like you have a good following now and I am sure it will keep increasing. I love finding reports I am really interested in long after they are started- it gives me fun reading while I pass the time. Our trips will be overlapping, not much longer now! Disney anniversary celebrations are the best but I agree, who needs a reason to go back- It's WDW!!!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
Old 08-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #175
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
Yay!! I'm so glad that you found your floppy hat!! I know that you've been looking for it for a long time!!

I always tell DH that his feet are bright enough to lead a plane to land in the dark of night!! LOL!! He usually wears tennis shoes or work shoes. LOL!!

I swear that Kohl's caters to the younger kids. I wouldn't let my kids wear any of it. Not that my son would want to anyways... LOL!!

LOL on you carrying DH's stuff. My DH is usually the one that has to carry everything. Here hun, hold my jacket for a minute and 5 hours later he's still lugging it around. LOL!!
It was such a relief to find the floppy hat, you just can't imagine! Best part is it is "packable", which means you can fold it into a little lump and as soon as you open it up it pops right back into shape.

DH and I actually did the fistbump for his man sandals last night. He was walking around in them for a while, and he finally agreed it was a smart decision. Ahem.

Kohl's does cater to a younger crowd, to be sure. Or at least a thinner one! Still can't believe I could only find ONE shirt that fit and looked right on me. I tried on, gosh must have been 25 shirts in Large and XL. The XL ones hung on me, and the L's were too tight. The one I bought was a size Large - it was one of the last ones I tried, too. What a relief to find that one after cramming myself into the others or swimming in the XL's.

Okay, second clothing rant over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackyallred View Post
Hello! I'm here and excited to read! I love that in your first post your confess your fear of no one reading. I, too struggle with fear of being a Trip Report Outcast and almost didn't start one. Looks like you have a good following now and I am sure it will keep increasing. I love finding reports I am really interested in long after they are started- it gives me fun reading while I pass the time. Our trips will be overlapping, not much longer now! Disney anniversary celebrations are the best but I agree, who needs a reason to go back- It's WDW!!!
Glad you decided to join in!

Oh yes, being a TRO (Trip Report Outcast) was a huge fear of mine! I definitely have more lurkers/readers than commenters, but that's alright by me. I find new reports nearly every day to read myself, and I don't always comment, either!

A couple more weeks, and we will be at Disney!

Old 08-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #176
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

Look at you getting into full trip mode

Yeah I totally get the kohls thing, I used to shop there all the time, but now I have a hard time finding stuff that's appropriate for a forty something year old woman to wear.

Yes to the bag issue too I end up with everyone's crap, I feel like a pack mule. But if I make them carry it, something will get left somewhere.

All the makings of a Disaster, Sept 2012

Split stay: Yacht Club/Pop Oct 1-Oct 8 DH/me
Art of Animation - April 2013 BFF trip
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 23-30, 2012 (Group trip)
Port Orleans Resort - Dec 10-15, 2010 (BFF trip)
POP Century - Sept 12-18, 2009 (Me and DS11)
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 2-12, 2008 (Group trip)
Old 08-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #177
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know this probably isn't the place to discuss this, but I'm supremely worried.

I had my first mammogram yesterday. Easy peasy. Was worried for nothing! They called this morning and want "additional views" for the right side. First the girl says not to worry, then says I need to come in as soon as possible and have it done. Yeah, that really makes you NOT worry.

*big sigh* So now I'm sitting here just ... thinking. Maybe I have too much time on my hands this morning. I need to go busy myself with a project or something.
I'm sure everything will be ok. Maybe they just couldn't get the best shot? Try not to worry and just remember, you're going to WDW soon!!!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #178
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I'm sure everything will be ok. Maybe they just couldn't get the best shot? Try not to worry and just remember, you're going to WDW soon!!!
*Nods* This...

Or if you have a mole or other such thing on or near it could have shown up as something strange. They would much rather be safe and do another one. *hugs*

Old 08-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #179
ellie05
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am sure everything will be fine.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #180
Nemo32
DIS Veteran

Chiming in here about the mammogram - do not worry!

A few years ago my doc found lumps and I go every 6 months to get them checked out, even though they are harmless. It could very well be the images they got came out weird and need to be retaken or could just be a very thorough (which is a good thing) doctor that wants to double-check. Keep us posted here - you are among friends!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: