Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #151
shalom
DIS Veteran

I'm intrigued by your husband's surprise as well.

Those shoes are cool! I'm loving the green laces. Not ignoring the stuff on the bed, and thinking they'll compliment those colors nicely.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #152
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkernj View Post
Wow, I'm a little behind!! You have been a busy bee both on your PTR and in real life!!

I love your new sneakers!! Congrats!

And your Mickey Mail!!!! That's awesome! I keep checking my mailbox in anticipation, I feel like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" waiting for his little orphan annie secret decoder pin. I don't think I'd be able to wait and would have to call out from work to go get it from the travel agent. It MUST be in my hands.

I am very intrigued by your husbands surprise(s). That's cute that he's putting so much thought into it.

I know how difficult it can be trying to squeeze in a visit with someone down there. They think you can just randomly pick a night, but with the whole ADR thing and trying to squeeze in the nighttime entertainment, it's tough!! We usually visit with a friend down there when we go, and I'm secretly hoping DH doesn't follow through with calling them.
Thank you - I love the shoes, too! You should be getting your Mickey Mail any day now. Did you get the notification on the WDW site about online check-in yet?

I could have written your entire last paragraph (except about the not calling part). Being that they live down there, they have no clue how much the ADR thing has changed vacationing in general because they can go whenever they want to. We love being with them, they're great fun, I just hope Wednesday works out because it's really the only evening we have free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
Okay, now I'm intrigued by what your husband has planned.

Love the new shoes. They look like they are very comfortable!

I definitely know what you mean about family being close by and not visiting. When my BIL lived here he never came to visit, but I have family that's driven hours to visit me.
Thank you - they are extremely comfy! I would recommend these to anyone looking for a more supportive shoe.

My own brother drives by my house twice every weekend and doesn't stop in. It used to bother me, but not anymore. I just consider the source and move on, KWIM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratthouse View Post
Man the suspense is really thickening on this surprise from DH! You know this means you are going to have to do a TR to reveal what it is!!!

And I love the shoes! This has inspired me to go by myself a new pair before our trip! That's the great thing about reading everyone's PTR's - how else would I know all the stuff I need before going on a Disney Trip? I totally would have forgotten about new walking shoes!!
Oh this will definitely be continued on as a TR once we are back from WDW - I already was planning on that!

You're going sooooo soon - if you get new shoes, get to breaking those things in pronto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
I'm intrigued by your husband's surprise as well.

Those shoes are cool! I'm loving the green laces. Not ignoring the stuff on the bed, and thinking they'll compliment those colors nicely.
Thank you! I love the way they look, too. Don't really have any clothing they will "go with" but at some point I guess I have to not worry about looks and focus on comfort.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #153
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Since there are so many comments on the shoes, I'm happy to report that they are as comfy as they are cute. I got back to walking on the treadmill yesterday, and just for fun, decided to jog for a couple of minutes. What a difference between these shoes and the others - these clearly are meant for support where the others were not. So I guess now I have no excuses not to try jogging again on a regular basis.

Again, don't get all excited when I say "jogging". It isn't a marathon-world-record-breaking speed by any stretch of the imagination. More like a purposeful lifting and shuffling the feet for a minute or two. Still, though, it's faster than a walk, so I'm counting it!

Guess what dumb thing I did yesterday? I was getting myself a snack after my workout, leaned over to throw something away ... and stood right up and hit my temple into the corner of the kitchen cabinet door. Everything went black for a split second. I went and looked - I scratched it up pretty good, but no blood, thank goodness. I was feeling a bit woozy, so I sat in the livingroom for a good while ... and called my DH to let him know what had happened. At least that way, if he came home and found me passed out on the couch with a plate of apple chunks on my lap, he'd know why!

I'm just hanging out today, waiting to see if both eyes will be black or only the one. My left one started getting dark last night, and that side of my face still hurts this morning. I have not one, but TWO doctor's appointments tomorrow (unrelated to the head-bump, just to clarify). I know they're both going to ask if DH beat me up! Good times!

I did a little bit more packing yesterday, but didn't get done nearly as much as I wanted to. My head was hurting like crazy and bending over to pick stuff up just wasn't happening. Oh well.

25 days until vacation, 27 days until WDW!

Last edited by BearcatsFan; 08-21-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #154
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Love the running shoes! All of my family members wear Brooks and they really like them. The color is great too....comfy and cute!

So sorry to hear about your head! I was injuring myself (minor) all over the place before I left this weekend. Scratched my arm on the corner of the medicine cabinet mirror, scratched myself on my wrist with my too sharp nail (cut my nails immediately after that happened)....crazy!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #155
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Guess what dumb thing I did yesterday? I was getting myself a snack after my workout, leaned over to throw something away ... and stood right up and hit my temple into the corner of the kitchen cabinet door. Everything went black for a split second. I went and looked - I scratched it up pretty good, but no blood, thank goodness.

Glad you're okay! And don't feel bad -- I knocked myself out once opening our front door into my head.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #156
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you - I love the shoes, too! You should be getting your Mickey Mail any day now. Did you get the notification on the WDW site about online check-in yet?

I could have written your entire last paragraph (except about the not calling part). Being that they live down there, they have no clue how much the ADR thing has changed vacationing in general because they can go whenever they want to. We love being with them, they're great fun, I just hope Wednesday works out because it's really the only evening we have free.

:
No notification about on-line check in yet. I'm really torn about whether or not I will do it. I'm really going to try to resist, as it hasn't been advantageous the last two times.

Yeah, I guess that part didn't come out right about hoping he doesn't call her It used to be her, her husband, and their two daughters who are around my boys ages, and she'd pick us up and we'd hang at her house swimming, bbq'ing etc. She's now divorced and one kid is in college, so it would just be her and her younger daughter. I already told Dh I didn't want to hang out at her house all day, since he and the boys only have 4.5 Disney days (and I feel like it would be awkward without her husband and other daughter), I didn't want to give up a whole day, so I'm hoping to just have her and her daughter (and maybe her parents) meet us for dinner, then we only lose .5 Disney day. He actually said the other day he didn't know if he was going to call her since they haven't spoken in over a year. I'll leave the ball in his court, but would like an answer at least two weeks before we go so I can plan which ADR we will make.

So glad your shoes are working out! It really does make a difference, somedays I feel like Forest Gump and I just wanna keep running and running.

That stinks that you hurt your head. I hope you don't end up with two black eyes, that's always fun to explain, and you get those "knowing" looks like "uhh huhh"

I Can't BELIEEEEVE I Did This!!!! An Oct 2014 Pre-trip report

All the makings of a Disaster, Sept 2012

Split stay: Yacht Club/Pop Oct 1-Oct 8 DH/me
Art of Animation - April 2013 BFF trip
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 23-30, 2012 (Group trip)
Port Orleans Resort - Dec 10-15, 2010 (BFF trip)
POP Century - Sept 12-18, 2009 (Me and DS11)
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 2-12, 2008 (Group trip)
Old 08-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #157
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Love the running shoes! All of my family members wear Brooks and they really like them. The color is great too....comfy and cute!

So sorry to hear about your head! I was injuring myself (minor) all over the place before I left this weekend. Scratched my arm on the corner of the medicine cabinet mirror, scratched myself on my wrist with my too sharp nail (cut my nails immediately after that happened)....crazy!
Oh my goodness! Thank goodness it was nothing major, huh? Sounds like me - I'm such a klutz - always tripping over something (mostly my own feet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post

Glad you're okay! And don't feel bad -- I knocked myself out once opening our front door into my head.
YIKES! How awful!

Quote:
No notification about on-line check in yet. I'm really torn about whether or not I will do it. I'm really going to try to resist, as it hasn't been advantageous the last two times.

Yeah, I guess that part didn't come out right about hoping he doesn't call her It used to be her, her husband, and their two daughters who are around my boys ages, and she'd pick us up and we'd hang at her house swimming, bbq'ing etc. She's now divorced and one kid is in college, so it would just be her and her younger daughter. I already told Dh I didn't want to hang out at her house all day, since he and the boys only have 4.5 Disney days (and I feel like it would be awkward without her husband and other daughter), I didn't want to give up a whole day, so I'm hoping to just have her and her daughter (and maybe her parents) meet us for dinner, then we only lose .5 Disney day. He actually said the other day he didn't know if he was going to call her since they haven't spoken in over a year. I'll leave the ball in his court, but would like an answer at least two weeks before we go so I can plan which ADR we will make.

So glad your shoes are working out! It really does make a difference, somedays I feel like Forest Gump and I just wanna keep running and running.

That stinks that you hurt your head. I hope you don't end up with two black eyes, that's always fun to explain, and you get those "knowing" looks like "uhh huhh"
No, I totally got what you meant about calling. Only for us it isn't as easy, because it's family, KWIM? Can you imagine the stink that would be raised if we were in town and didn't call?

Nope, I only ended up with one shiner on the side I hit on the door. You should have seen how the mammogram ladies looked at me this morning. I quickly reassured them there was nothing wonky going on at home.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #158
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

Oh no!! I'm glad that you're okay!! I'm such a klutz that one day I was going to sit down in my chair and work and missed the chair and ended up on the floor. Thank goodness no one else was around. I would have been mortified.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #159
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
Oh no!! I'm glad that you're okay!! I'm such a klutz that one day I was going to sit down in my chair and work and missed the chair and ended up on the floor. Thank goodness no one else was around. I would have been mortified.
Thank you! I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you did that - falls onto the floor are no fun whatsoever!

DH still can't believe I came on here and posted about what I did - I told him yeah it's embarassing, but maybe someone else will think about it when they leave their cabinet doors open next time.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #160
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Final MNSSHP Costume Decision Made!

After much thought, discussion, and consideration ... we know what we are wearing to MNSSHP. FINALLY! We've been through literally dozens of ideas. Hippies. Greasers. Mouseketeers. Doc & nurse - that went further than the idea stage, obviously.

They're very simple and not really a "costume" per se. Just t-shirts and some face paint. We were lucky enough to find my t-shirt in the right size, but his had to be ordered. Once we have everything together, I'll post in more detail with some pics.

The walking/jogging has been going well. I haven't updated my "Getting Into Disney Shape" post in a few days, but I have been exercising. I've decided once we get back that I'm going to start training for a 5K using the Galloway method. I think it will work best for me. The running store where I purchased my shoes has a Sit-to-Fit program, but I can get Galloway's online for free and have my own treadmill soooo ..

In other exercise-related news, we picked up some paperwork yesterday for a 2.5 mile charity hike benefiting Hospice that we'll be doing a couple of weeks after we get home. It isn't timed or anything, but I figure if I can get through Disney for days on end walking for fun, that certainly I can walk a couple more hours to raise money for what I consider to be a worthwhile charity.

Had a little freakout this morning because I somehow misplaced my Mickey Mail. I've looked everywhere. I know it didn't grow legs and walk out of here, it's just a matter of finding it. The spare bed is still covered with stuff - chances are, it's laying on the bottom of one of those piles. I'm telling you, this is the MOST unorganized I've ever been for a trip. And it isn't like it was a last-second thing, either ... I've had months to get things together. Perhaps that's the issue ... If so, then I'm in trouble because the next trip I'm planning I'll have 2 full years to gather and pile.

Going shopping tonight to hopefully finish up purchasing clothes. Around here, they start pulling up all the Summer stuff and putting out Winter stuff in July, so things should be nice and discounted by now. What they have left, that is. I looked at Macy's yesterday and couldn't find a single thing. Same at Dillard's. Gonna try Kohl's today. Keep your fingers crossed!

All the worry about "Surprise Day" is no more, and nobody is more relieved than my hubby! Got an email back from our niece - turns out they can't do anything on a weeknight because of school and work. Unfortunate, because we do like spending time with them. We are in the process of making plans to meet them on our way out of town for breakfast, though, which will be nice and work out better for all. I was hating the thought of leaving town without seeing them one last time since it will be two years before we get back there.

NOW ... we have Wednesday, all day, free again! Luckily, I was able to re-book Grand Floridian Cafe for the same time I had planned on originally! Still gonna keep that Kona Cafe ADR for breakfast, though ... we'll just pay for it OOP. The remainder of the day is still a mystery ....

Well jeeze, this turned out to be a lot longer than I originally planned. I'll end this ramblefest by saying .........

23 days until vacation, 25 days until WDW!

Old 08-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #161
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

OOhhh, I'm so excited to see your "costume" idea!!

Good for you on your exercising!! Keep it up. I've been doing it for 4 weeks now, and sadly only lost 4lbs(hardly seems worth it), but I feel better and have more energy

I'm sure you will find your Mickey Mail soon. Though I don't think I'd be able to sleep until it was found I'll have to report on my PTRamble, my recent escapades with my kids passports disappearing, extremely stressful, though they were found yesterday in a very unlikely place.

Well, I'm glad you were able to work things out with your neice, and you still get to have your surprise Wednesday

Old 08-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #162
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
OOhhh, I'm so excited to see your "costume" idea!!

Good for you on your exercising!! Keep it up. I've been doing it for 4 weeks now, and sadly only lost 4lbs(hardly seems worth it), but I feel better and have more energy

I'm sure you will find your Mickey Mail soon. Though I don't think I'd be able to sleep until it was found I'll have to report on my PTRamble, my recent escapades with my kids passports disappearing, extremely stressful, though they were found yesterday in a very unlikely place.

Well, I'm glad you were able to work things out with your neice, and you still get to have your surprise Wednesday
4 pounds in 4 weeks is great!

I'm gonna be tearing the house apart until I find the MM, that's for sure. Thus far, I think I've upended the spare bedroom and there's nothing in there. Nothing in the binder, either. I'm wondering if DH might have grabbed it to take a look-see.

Would definitely like to know where your kid's passports were found! Now you've mentioned it, so you must put it in your PTR!

Old 08-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #163
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

I know this probably isn't the place to discuss this, but I'm supremely worried.

I had my first mammogram yesterday. Easy peasy. Was worried for nothing! They called this morning and want "additional views" for the right side. First the girl says not to worry, then says I need to come in as soon as possible and have it done. Yeah, that really makes you NOT worry.

*big sigh* So now I'm sitting here just ... thinking. Maybe I have too much time on my hands this morning. I need to go busy myself with a project or something.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #164
VACamm
DIS Veteran

I just found your PTR!! Wow you have great info on here... Love your park day shirts too!

Prayers for you and that your 2nd mammogram comes back clear. xoxo
Old 08-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #165
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know this probably isn't the place to discuss this, but I'm supremely worried.

I had my first mammogram yesterday. Easy peasy. Was worried for nothing! They called this morning and want "additional views" for the right side. First the girl says not to worry, then says I need to come in as soon as possible and have it done. Yeah, that really makes you NOT worry.

*big sigh* So now I'm sitting here just ... thinking. Maybe I have too much time on my hands this morning. I need to go busy myself with a project or something.
Try not to stress about itI get this each time I have a mammogram. They make me come back for additional views. The last time in Feb they actually saw something that they wanted to biopsy, but assured me it looked fine, they were just being precautionary. It was still extremely nerve wracking, but turned out to be nothing. Now I have to go next week for my follow up mammogram. I'm more worried about getting on the tiny elevator required to enter their office (I've gotten rather claustrophobic)

Go read some trip reports or pack some more to get your mind off it! Try not to worry until they tell you that you need to worry.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: