Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #16
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
Hi, I was also born in NJ and grew up in Bucks County, PA, north of Philadelphia. But I've lived in MI for the past 47 years. Like you, I am a compulsive planner.

Our next trip to WDW will begin the day after you leave and I'm also anxiously awaiting for Disney to announce their 2013 rates. Last year they did so on June 12th but other recent years were always in August.

We have stayed at BWI and our favorite part about it was that we could walk into Epcot. Also, we were right next door to Flying Fish which is one of our 2 favorite Signature restaurants. We were on the DxDP one time and used it much the same way you plan. Either early lunch and late dinner or late big breakfast and early dinner. Neither of us skips meals so on mornings without breakfast plans we had yogurt, granola bars and juice in our room. The one QS that we like is Flame Tree Barbecue in AK. Many mains come with baked beans and cole slaw as the sides rather than fries. Almost all of our snack credits were saved for treats that traveled well that we brought home to our grandchildren. If you do not feel like eating a dessert after having your appetizer and entree don't order one. Remember that you will be expected to base your tip on the total cost of what your meal's menu prices are. We often ordered just one dessert and shared it. Most servers will encourage you to order a dessert "since it is already included" even if you'll only take a bite of it. I thought that would just be wasteful.

Will you be getting park hopper tickets? Your plans don't look like you need them except for Day 8 when you plan to be in the studios but eat dinner at an Epcot location.

Since I'm plenty old to be the parent of either of you but I expect still younger than your husband's grandmother I have to ask if grandma is comfortable driving at night. If she's fine with it that would be wonderful.

Continued happy planning.

Hello! I actually work in Newtown :D and I grew up by the shore in NJ. Good point about the dessert. I am also thinking I might end up doing the same for an appetizer depending on what it is. I wonder also if I'd be allowed to get a salad in place of an appetizer, I noticed some menus even list salads as appetizers so we shall see!

We will be getting park hoppers, I do like the freedom of jumping around and Epcot is my favorite park so I like to go back there a lot especially to the World Showcase.

And you have a point about driving at night. My husband's cousin also lives in FL so I wonder if maybe we could get both of them to come to us. We plan on seeing his grandmother when she comes up here in a couple of days so I think I will ask her then and see how she feels.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #17
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

A baby or Disney World. Either way I win.

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for over a year now. I am, as I say, "challenged" in that area. I have been taking lots of different medications and haven't had much luck.

This is going to be the last month we try before I take a break. It's really stressful and heartbreaking to be disappointed month after month and I don't think that a 6 month break will hurt, I'm 29 and it wouldn't be the end of the world to wait a little longer.

What's kind of nice about this being the last month is that it won't be such a huge disappointment. If I get pregnant this month we won't be able to go to Disney. That would make me due in March and I don't think I want to go 8 months pregnant. Maybe we could push up the dates to January, but I am not sure if it'd be worth it. I really love Space Mountain and Splash Mountain and you can't go on those rides pregnant. Instead, we could just wait awhile and maybe go there for the baby's first birthday. I could ask my dad and his wife to come with us, maybe get a suite at AoA and that would give us help with the kid. My dad LOVES Disney and hasn't been there for about 10 years. I know I am alittle ahead of myself but this is just all stuff that goes through my head.

If we don't get pregnant, well it's okay because then we can go to Disney World in February. So it's almost a win/win situation for me. So I am actually feeling good about this for once. I am trying to not get my hopes up, but I am on this new medication so it feels like things might work out for us, I will know more next week though during my doctor's appointment.

I have actually slowly been collecting things I want for a nursery, it's going to be Winnie the Pooh themed. I love classic Winnie the Pooh and I have found some really nice things. I got a painted light switch plate and some stick ons for the wall. I have seen some really nice bedding too that I hope will still be around when we finally do get pregnant.

I am one of those people who need something to plan and obsess about. So, having this vacation planned gives me something else to think about besides baby names and baby nurseries.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #18
holleypie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
If I get pregnant this month we won't be able to go to Disney.
That's exactly what happened to us last year. We'd been trying for MONTHS AND MONTHS when I told my husband, "Okay, our vacation is now nine months away, so we have to stop trying for awhile." Obviously he's incapable of following directions. So, I know how sad and frustrating it is. It can be good to take a break and focus on other things.

We did a Winnie the Pooh theme too. I had a hard time finding Classic Pooh so most of our stuff is Disney-fied Pooh.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #19
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by holleypie View Post
That's exactly what happened to us last year. We'd been trying for MONTHS AND MONTHS when I told my husband, "Okay, our vacation is now nine months away, so we have to stop trying for awhile." Obviously he's incapable of following directions. So, I know how sad and frustrating it is. It can be good to take a break and focus on other things.

We did a Winnie the Pooh theme too. I had a hard time finding Classic Pooh so most of our stuff is Disney-fied Pooh.
Yeah! It seems like I was able to find some stuff a few months ago but other times nothing. I know I shouldn't put the cart ahead of the horse and buy anything yet (I figured stick on art and light switch plates were not a big deal). But it's been tempting since classic pooh is so hard to find!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #20
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Sorry about your difficulties getting pregnant. I can totally relate. Actually I had no problems conceiving my 1st child I got pregnant almost right away. However with my son, it took almost a year. My BFF and I started trying to conceive at the same time, she got pregnant right away and month after month I was disappointed. It was hard seeing her belly grow and grow. I wanted to be happy for her, but I was just heartbroken.
The day she brought her baby boy home. ((which was my daughters 3rd birthday)) I decided to pick up a pregnancy test, and my prayers had finally been answered. There were 2 beautiful pink lines! I cried and cried and cried.
We’re still trying to decide if we want a third baby… I really don’t want to put myself through that again, so we’ll see?
I’ll send lots of pixie dust and happy baby thoughts your way! It’ll happen for you and it will be worth it in the end. Sometimes I really do think things happen for a reason?
You’re right, you don’t want to be at WDW in your third trimester. I think that would just be miserable. My cousin and his wife just went to WDW for the FIRST time last week and she is 8 months pregnant. How sad to finally go do Disney and you can’t ride ½ the rides. Poor thing.
I started collecting baby stuff way before I was pregnant too… Nothing wrong with being prepared.

Anyway, I look forward to reading more about your trip.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #21
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

hi there! Im glad I caught this so early! Im here for the long haul! Best of luck getting pregnant! Cant wait to hear more about your trip! Ive never even thought of lookinf at Boardwalk but it may satisfy the things Im looking for! Im going in October 2013 and im just so undecided about hotel its insane haha

"Some days you eat the bear,
some days the bear eats you,
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!

Past Trips: 5/96' Offsite with Family
11/05' With my highschool Choir -ASMu
5/08' Graduation Trip - Shades of Green
5/09' Memorial Week Trip - Poly
Nov 2014: Homestead for NASCAR + a lil Disney/UO
megveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #22
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Thanks for your support, guys! And thanks for reading my little PTR, lol. I will try to make it not too boring. :D

megveg, I actually have a recommendation for you to help for your decision on choosing a resort! Well for anyone, because it helped me!

I had been waffling again on resorts, thinking about changing to Animal Kingdom Lodge. I really like the idea of having a savannah view and seeing animals, plus I would like to try out the restaurants.

I had heard it's kind of annoying to get your refillable mug filled at BW because they won't pour you your drink in your mug, they give it to you in regular cups and you have to pour it in yourself. You can't just fill it up in the food court like in other resorts (my only experience with refillable mugs has been at CBR).

What finally made me decide was going to youtube and looking at videos that show the resorts. It definitely helped me and we are sticking with BWI. I guess I thought the animals would be much closer to the balconies but there is a bit of a distance and I guess it just seems like BWI would be a better choice still. I even looked at Polynesian and Grand Floridian. Grand Floridian's rooms looked outdated to me and really what are you getting for all of that money you spend? The theme is nice but not worth the added costs. Polynesian is nice, I've been there for one of their restaurants before but didn't seem worth the added cost either.

So yeah, the BWI videos convinced me to stay there. Surprisingly, I thought Cornado Springs looked really nice. I am such a CBR lover that I didn't think I would ever stay at a different moderate resort but after looking at the videos for it, I think I'll give it a shot at some point. 2013 though will be the year for BWI since we can afford it and that might not happen for awhile if we are trying to have a baby.

I am still obsessing over the 2013 rates. We received a card in the mail from Disney about free fall dining, what a tease! The website is still advertising the summer which just seems silly. It really annoys me that Europeans get rates before us, they even already have free dining in February! What is the point of giving it to them first? I feel bad for anyone who is trying to plan a trip in January. At this point if they don't come out with the 2013 rates soon they won't be able to make 180+10 dining reservations, but Europeans will be able to. :-/

I am crossing my fingers and hoping that maybe we'll all wake up Sunday morning and the 2013 rates will be available!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #23
Nan63
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=artemis908;45262803]

I am still obsessing over the 2013 rates. We received a card in the mail from Disney about free fall dining, what a tease! The website is still advertising the summer which just seems silly. It really annoys me that Europeans get rates before us, they even already have free dining in February! What is the point of giving it to them first? I feel bad for anyone who is trying to plan a trip in January. At this point if they don't come out with the 2013 rates soon they won't be able to make 180+10 dining reservations, but Europeans will be able to. :-/

As a European (UK), I was not aware that we got rates etc first. However, the reason may be that for us to cross the pond is a major, expensive undertaking (as I am sure you realise from your honeymoon to Europe) and getting discounts and early notice of rates encourages us to visit. It is not unusual for us to book up to 18 months prior to our Disney trips. I have had 9 trips so far and as it happens, we are also booked for February 2013, 7th - 25th staying at OKW (booked in March this year). That's another thing, when we come over, we stay for longer to make it worth the travel and expense which also means Disney gets more money out of us! Hope you get to do your bookings soon.
Nan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #24
Larrabe
Mouseketeer

Hello! I'm most definitely subbing in seeing as how my DH and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary in Disney next February, (Feb 21st - March 3rd,) and I'm a writer, too! (Young adult fiction.)

I would love, love, LOVE to stay at BWI, but with one kid starting college this fall and another in 2013, we're going with POR. We stayed there before and absolutely loved it! We do plan on visiting the Boardwalk, though. It looks like a fun place to hang!

Keep those great updates coming!

My blog about running, writing, rejoicing, and runDisney! Run. Write. Rejoice.

Larrabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #25
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

The good news: We're going to WDW in February, the bad news: No baby on the way...

I had my monthly appointment today at the doctor's to see if the fertility medication I have been taking is working... and it hasn't. I asked him if it will be an issue if I take a break and he said it would not and might be good for me since I am probably stressed out (very true). I brought up some concerns about my age and he said I had plenty of time (I'm 29) so I could take my time, take a break, get a second opinion if I want, try acupuncture if I think it could help, and recommended I also try to lose some weight (oh boy, losing weight when I am going to go on the deluxe dining plan in February?!). So, I am going to take that break until January or February.

So that leaves time for me to focus on the good things coming up, ones that I can actually control, like this trip in February. I've been watching a lot of Disney movies like Lion King, Meet the Robinsons, Honey I Blew Up the Kid, Cars, and Cars 2. I also have downloaded a bunch of old episodes of my favorite podcast- Netcot. He doesn't do a podcast anymore, but I always really liked his podcasts, especially the park music/sounds.

I have also been really active on the facebook group for our February 2013 Disney forum on here. It's great that we have some an active group on facebook since I am constantly on facebook!

All in all, I am okay. I just get to wait for something else now... the 2013 packages.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #26
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

So I noticed your PTR title and I came right over since I am also planning a trip in 2013. Though my trip is planned for May.

I am so sorry to hear that you are not pregnant, hopefully this break will end with some good news. I can think of no better souviner than coming home to find out that you have concieved. (wasn't there a Disney Commercial about this many years ago?)

I love your tip about looking up resorts on Youtube. I am going to be bringing my DD for her 8th bday so I want the trip to be realy special. I keep thinking of Pop so I can save money for other things, but my head keeps drifting back to POR or CBR. I might have to pull up some Youtube videos and have her watch with me.

I am there with you and waiting for those Packages to open. It is driving me absolutly crazy. I just want Disney to take my money already. Is that really so hard.

Can't wait to read more.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #27
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
but my head keeps drifting back to POR or CBR.

Thank you I would SO recommend CBR. I've been there a lot and it's my favorite resort overall when I take value into consideration. We've done All-star, POR when it was Dixie Landings, and Beach Club. Beach Club was great with it being walkable to Epcot and was beautiful. I didn't care for all-star, and our building was SO far away from the bus stop at Dixie Landings/POR so I didn't care for that resort either.

CBR remains my favorite overall because it's so nicely themed, I love Old Port Royale with its food court and shops, and I love how nice the property is with the birds, the beach, and the trees. We usually stay in the Aruba or Jamaica villages. We get one of the buildings by the bridge (our last room we were able to get a water view at no charge and you could see the bridge from our room). Being by the bridge allowed us quicker access to OPR without paying the extra for preferred. Plus the walk was so pleasant!

I do think I will give Coronado Springs a chance at some point, the youtube video changed my mind about it, it looks really nice!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #28
heidilee2003
Missing my Disney Home!

Subbing! I am also planning a trip with my boyfriend to go in February 2013, very excited! I'm hoping it will not be weird, I met my ex-husband at Disney when we did the Disney college program and we got engaged there in 2007... so I have some memories of us there but I LOVE Disney and want to share that with my DBF.

I'm trying to plan my stay around when flights will be cheaper, and I don't want to plan days for parks until I know the park hours with EMH, etc. And I don't want to plan ADR's until I plan park days! So I am READY for Disney to let me book!! Will probably go through Southwest for flight, love them. Hoping for Free Dining in February, I have also never been during that time period. College program was May-January 4th. Taking DBF for his birthday

Looking forward to reading more!

~*FEBRUARY 2013 - DBF 1st vacation EVER - we're off to the World!*~
~*May 2008 POP Century - Friends Trip*~
~*July 2007 POP Century*~
~*WDWCP Fall Advantage 2004 - Restaurantosaurus*~
heidilee2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #29
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

First off, I am really happy to have everyone join me on this little PTR journey :D I get really excited seeing everyone's posts so keep em' coming hehe

Next week is the big day!

Whelp, this morning I was following a post about the disneyworld.com site changing it's interface and that's when we discovered the announcement that on July 11th we'll be able to make reservations for packages online. Now, it said ONLINE, I am not sure what that means for phone reservations. Will those be available the same day? How about before? I have read that traditionally they have come out with new packages and rates on Sundays so since July 11th is the middle of the week it surprises me that this has changed, if it even has. Perhaps they will be available on Sunday, who knows.

In other news I was rethinking my ADR plans and the only change I made was I think I might want to do Beaches and Cream for lunch our first day because the pictures I've seen of the ice cream sundaes look DELICIOUS. Well, that's not really an ADR, but a plan for food. :P But I was considering doing Yachtsman Steakhouse instead of Chef Mickey but I showed both restaurants to my husband and he said we should keep our plans as they are. Rethinking our plans I agree because we are doing Le Cellier and we really don't need two steakhouses and I prefer Le Cellier over Yachtsman. Chef Mickey is our only dinner buffet so it offers some variety. So yay, less than 7 months until our trip and less than 1 month before we can make ADRs!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #30
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
First off, I am really happy to have everyone join me on this little PTR journey :D I get really excited seeing everyone's posts so keep em' coming hehe

Next week is the big day!

Whelp, this morning I was following a post about the disneyworld.com site changing it's interface and that's when we discovered the announcement that on July 11th we'll be able to make reservations for packages online. Now, it said ONLINE, I am not sure what that means for phone reservations. Will those be available the same day? How about before? I have read that traditionally they have come out with new packages and rates on Sundays so since July 11th is the middle of the week it surprises me that this has changed, if it even has. Perhaps they will be available on Sunday, who knows.

In other news I was rethinking my ADR plans and the only change I made was I think I might want to do Beaches and Cream for lunch our first day because the pictures I've seen of the ice cream sundaes look DELICIOUS. Well, that's not really an ADR, but a plan for food. :P But I was considering doing Yachtsman Steakhouse instead of Chef Mickey but I showed both restaurants to my husband and he said we should keep our plans as they are. Rethinking our plans I agree because we are doing Le Cellier and we really don't need two steakhouses and I prefer Le Cellier over Yachtsman. Chef Mickey is our only dinner buffet so it offers some variety. So yay, less than 7 months until our trip and less than 1 month before we can make ADRs!
I was coming over here to tell you about the res release on July 11th, but it looks like you already know abot it. As for if the packages will be available via phone on Sunday. . . I don't know. According to someone who talked to a CM they are getting ready for the package release this week. Since the website has already released the July 11th date, you might be able to ask a CM via the phone or just wait until Sunday and try calling.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: