Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #376
tikkipoo
DIS Veteran

I am occupying my time by drafting touring plans for my cousin-in-law's family for their trip during spring break. They are so greatful for it...little do they know that I am super stoked about the chore. Only my DIS friends will understand that!
tikkipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #377
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkipoo View Post
I am occupying my time by drafting touring plans for my cousin-in-law's family for their trip during spring break. They are so greatful for it...little do they know that I am super stoked about the chore. Only my DIS friends will understand that!
That sounds like so much fun to me!!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #378
Mason&Me
Earning My Ears

We're headed back the last week of June! Also hoping for a discount.
Mason&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #379
debjk4
Mouseketeer

Our ADR day is Dec. 10th...so excited! Not sure how I am going to do that since it is on a Monday and I work! Might have to get up extremely early or go to bed extremely late on Sun/Mon night!

DISers, do you get in at midnight online? Or is there a better time to make ADRs?
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #380
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by debjk4 View Post
Our ADR day is Dec. 10th...so excited! Not sure how I am going to do that since it is on a Monday and I work! Might have to get up extremely early or go to bed extremely late on Sun/Mon night!

DISers, do you get in at midnight online? Or is there a better time to make ADRs?
Will we be able to make ADRs starting at 12:01 AM of our 180 day out? If so, and I am up then, I will make the ones I know will be hard to get. Most nights, I usually don't go to bed until just after midnight-1 AM. If I am not up, or they are not available to make then, I will make them as my boys are getting ready for school/ waiting to put them on the bus.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #381
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debjk4 View Post

I didn't think you could make ADRs at 180 days until 6 am (EST) online or 7 am over the phone. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...then I'll know too for 12/7!
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #382
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
I didn't think you could make ADRs at 180 days until 6 am (EST) online or 7 am over the phone. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...then I'll know too for 12/7!
After I read your post, I Google'd it and that is what I am finding as well. In that case, I can make them at 5 AM my time. I'm not really sure I want to get up that early. I may just wake up at normal time, 7 AM CST (8 AM EST) and hopefully I'll get what I want. If not, and the Mayans were right about 12/21/12 it won't matter what ADRs I got for June anyway.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #383
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
After I read your post, I Google'd it and that is what I am finding as well. In that case, I can make them at 5 AM my time. I'm not really sure I want to get up that early. I may just wake up at normal time, 7 AM CST (8 AM EST) and hopefully I'll get what I want. If not, and the Mayans were right about 12/21/12 it won't matter what ADRs I got for June anyway.

I checked over on the Dining Reservations part of the Restaurants board to make sure I wasn't giving bad info. There is a thread there with the same info. I think DH will make our ADRs. The only 'big' one we want is 'Ohana, and I would take it on just about any of our 9 nights. Plus, I have to work on ADR day and he doesn't.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #384
letthewookiewin

Quote:

I checked over on the Dining Reservations part of the Restaurants board to make sure I wasn't giving bad info. There is a thread there with the same info. I think DH will make our ADRs. The only 'big' one we want is 'Ohana, and I would take it on just about any of our 9 nights. Plus, I have to work on ADR day and he doesn't.
As long as we can swing the DlxDDP, and they don't change again, the big ADRs that we have are dinner at Jiko, dinner at Le Cellier, dinner at Be Our Guest, dinner at 'Ohana, and either breakfast or lunch at CRT. I don't work outside of the home. I'm a sahm, but we live with DH's parents due to their health issues. Then I am a full time student, but right now all of my classes are online.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #385
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Okay, so on Mousesavers, last year November 30th they put out the General public discounts on room only for dates 04.13.12 through 06.14.12 on November 30, 2011 (then it was offered again 02.29.12).

For 2011 dates (same dates) they released that discount on 12.30.10.

Soooooo.......does anyone think we might see something the end of this week for the beginning to middle of June dates? Wouldn't that be so awesome ?

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #386
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
Okay, so on Mousesavers, last year November 30th they put out the General public discounts on room only for dates 04.13.12 through 06.14.12 on November 30, 2011 (then it was offered again 02.29.12).

For 2011 dates (same dates) they released that discount on 12.30.10.

Soooooo.......does anyone think we might see something the end of this week for the beginning to middle of June dates? Wouldn't that be so awesome ?
I hope we will see the discounts by the end of the week.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #387
elyse43230
Is this real life? I feel funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butwhyistherumgone? View Post
So do you all book a resort and then wait for a better deal?
I do, because you get to make your reservations 180+10 with a reservation. If you wait for the discount, you are late on your ADRs.

Disney Trips! June 2013 OKW June 2012 POFQ Feb 2009 POFQ July 2008 Epcot March 2008 5 Days POFQ April 2007 MK w/ Mom October 2001 Poly July 1993 MK August 1989 MK - 5 years old (Shannon gets her ears)
elyse43230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #388
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butwhyistherumgone? View Post
add me to the June 2013 group
So do you all book a resort and then wait for a better deal?
I am torn because I can get the Swan at the teacher rate for June and it is not much more than a Disney moderate.... so many choices and I really want this PIN code for free dining I have heard about LOL
We book what we know we are willing to pay rack rate (gulp!) for. If a discount comes out, we will definitely use it if we can.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #389
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyse43230 View Post
I do, because you get to make your reservations 180+10 with a reservation. If you wait for the discount, you are late on your ADRs.
Quote:
We book what we know we are willing to pay rack rate (gulp!) for. If a discount comes out, we will definitely use it if we can.
Both are right for me. We are willing to pay rack rate. If we are willing to, then why not make a ressie early enough to be able to take advantage of the 180+10. If we wait for a discount, even if we are willing to pay full price, then we will more than likely miss our 180 day out.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #390
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Both are right for me. We are willing to pay rack rate. If we are willing to, then why not make a ressie early enough to be able to take advantage of the 180+10. If we wait for a discount, even if we are willing to pay full price, then we will more than likely miss our 180 day out.
same for us too. I honestly wasn't crazy about paying rack rate, but as my DH pointed out, we got such an awesome deal on the Disney rewards card when we first applied, then got all the bonus points for switching over to the premier card... so we've got a lot of points that will actually equal what our discount was....so anything else is just a bonus.

but we've been saving since our trip in 2010... so I want to stay where I want to stay....because we just don't go every year, so we want it to be special.

On a side note... one week from today I get to make ADR's !!! WEEEEEE!!!!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: