Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #211
tikkipoo
DIS Veteran

This is our first summer trip too! I don't know what to expect! Is the heat just absolutely killer in June? Are the crowds insane??? I'm just so nervous!
tikkipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #212
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkipoo View Post
This is our first summer trip too! I don't know what to expect! Is the heat just absolutely killer in June? Are the crowds insane??? I'm just so nervous!
Yes and yes!

OK, on a serious note though, its not as bad as you might think. When in June are you going? The earlier in the month the better!! The crowds really start to pick up right before Fathers Day weekend.

As for the heat, yes, its very hot. But the humidity isn't usually out of control (yet). Plan on low 90's with heat index of upper 90's. Normally it rains around 4pm for an hour or so. However, this past year it was unusually rainy with long extended periods of rain (5-6 hours at a time).

Rope drop is your friend, both to get ahead of the crowds and the heat. If you can get out of the parks between 2-6pm I highly recommend it (both for heat and crowds)

The one good thing is that the parks are open much later, which makes those afternoon breaks easier. Expect MK to be open until at least 11pm on most nights (before EMH), DHS to 10pm and AK to 7 or 8pm. EPCOT stays the same with 9pm closings (11pm with EMH).

Now, to bring it back to code talk, my TA booked us for 14 nights at POFQ this AM!!! I am fully prepared to switch to POR once the discounts arrive for a better deal (and since I am an optimist, notice I said when not if...)
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #213
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
We were there this past June from the 4th - 10th. The only day that got hot and humid was on the first day. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I don't do well in the heat and humidity. You would think I would be used to it with the Texas summers getting pretty icky. It rained on and off for the rest of the trip with some pretty good down poors. The crowds weren't terrible. The only lines that were 45 minutes or more was Kali - 45 minutes, Rock 'n Rollercoaster - 1 hr (and this was on the last Friday for SWW), Toy Story Mania - 2 hours.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #214
tikkipoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
The one good thing is that the parks are open much later, which makes those afternoon breaks easier. Expect MK to be open until at least 11pm on most nights (before EMH), DHS to 10pm and AK to 7 or 8pm. EPCOT stays the same with 9pm closings (11pm with EMH).
I didn't even thing about that! We are going to go June 7th thru June 15th. That will make it easier. BUT, I didn't think about rain either! Oh, planning for June is sure different that planning for October!

Quote:
Now, to bring it back to code talk, my TA booked us for 14 nights at POFQ this AM!!! I am fully prepared to switch to POR once the discounts arrive for a better deal (and since I am an optimist, notice I said when not if...)
I am also planning on booking at POR once some discounts are out! It's our fave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
The crowds weren't terrible. The only lines that were 45 minutes or more was Kali - 45 minutes, Rock 'n Rollercoaster - 1 hr (and this was on the last Friday for SWW), Toy Story Mania - 2 hours.
Well, that is surely are relief! I can handle a little busy, but I don't want insanity!
tikkipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #215
elyse43230
Is this real life? I feel funny...

Quote:
I didn't even thing about that! We are going to go June 7th thru June 15th. That will make it easier. BUT, I didn't think about rain either! Oh, planning for June is sure different that planning for October!
I went in June for the first time this past summer (2012). As a high school teacher, I can't just go randomly during the off season.

AND I LOVED IT!

Park is open late. It rained the first 3 days (it would rain for like 10 minutes then stop for hours, then rain maybe once more), but it kept me cool and then was sunny and gorgeous for the rest of the week.

So that's why we're going again June 2013! If you plan accordingly (and obviously you are at the right place being on the DIS!), you can have an amazing vacation any time.

Just avoid the tour group season, of the South American-persuasion. (July and January). That's the ONLY thing that I encountered at Disney during a trip that came close to making me not like Disney.

And for those waiting for PINS, I haven't gotten one for 2013 yet. They are still trying to sell fall season. I'll update this board the minute I get a pin in my e-mail! (I get an e-mail from Disney Destination probably 1-2 times a month).

Disney Trips! June 2013 OKW June 2012 POFQ Feb 2009 POFQ July 2008 Epcot March 2008 5 Days POFQ April 2007 MK w/ Mom October 2001 Poly July 1993 MK August 1989 MK - 5 years old (Shannon gets her ears)
elyse43230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #216
Schminston-Mo
Mouseketeer

Our last trip was with Free Dining in August 2009. I went as far as booking a trip for August this year and came to my financial senses and canceled it. It was a good thing I did as DH's dad had some medical issues which required a a few out of town visits from us this summer.

I'm hoping for a great pin or possibly YES tickets for June.
Camping Ft. Wilderness 2004
Off Site 2007
August 2009 POP!
Schminston-Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #217
elyse43230
Is this real life? I feel funny...

PIN ALERT! (not for 2013)

I just got a pin for select stays in Oct, Nov. December. (15-30% off resort stays during select dates).

Check your e-mail or call Disney to see if you got it. It doesn't cover June 2013, but at least you can see if you're on their pin list!

Still crossing my fingers for June 2013 discounts to be released this December!

Disney Trips! June 2013 OKW June 2012 POFQ Feb 2009 POFQ July 2008 Epcot March 2008 5 Days POFQ April 2007 MK w/ Mom October 2001 Poly July 1993 MK August 1989 MK - 5 years old (Shannon gets her ears)
elyse43230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #218
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyse43230 View Post
I just got a pin for select stays in Oct, Nov. December. (15-30% off resort stays during select dates).

Check your e-mail or call Disney to see if you got it. It doesn't cover June 2013, but at least you can see if you're on their pin list!

Still crossing my fingers for June 2013 discounts to be released this December!
I got this one too.... I was hoping it had June, but nope...just through December. Hopefully that means something will come along soon.

Did yours look like a board game? I can't remember what they called it... but it looked like a game....

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #219
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm going the same week as you (we go the same week each year) and I while this year I thought it was a little cooler than normal (and lower humidity), I remember thinking last year was pretty typical, but the year before, 2010, was insanely hot. They were having record highs that week -- it sucked. So, it can't be completely predictable, but Cinderumbrella is pretty right on with low 90's and a heat index in the mid to upper 90's for typical weather. I think the crowds are fairly high, but manageable if you know what you're doing.

Quote:
Well, hello there! Why are you not just booking at POR to begin with -- don't they have the same rates? Or are you wanting to the book one of the royal rooms? No YC for you next year? We're doing a split-stay. I've already rented points from a member on the DIS for a 1BR at BLT the second part of our stay, but I'm thinking we'll just go with the Swan/Dolphin for the first part unless a good code is released (I'm hoping in December -- like last year). I think it will have to be more than 30% to get us to the BC/YC or BW, though (and I doubt it will be). I wouldn't mind going back to POFQ to save some money, but I'm just not ready to let go of the Epcot resorts area -- I love it so much -- especially for SWW!

Anyhow, I'll be checking this thread for updates on PIN codes and discounts -- fingers crossed for a December GP discount announcement.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #220
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post

Well, hello there! Why are you not just booking at POR to begin with -- don't they have the same rates? Or are you wanting to the book one of the royal rooms? No YC for you next year? We're doing a split-stay. I've already rented points from a member on the DIS for a 1BR at BLT the second part of our stay, but I'm thinking we'll just go with the Swan/Dolphin for the first part unless a good code is released (I'm hoping in December -- like last year). I think it will have to be more than 30% to get us to the BC/YC or BW, though (and I doubt it will be). I wouldn't mind going back to POFQ to save some money, but I'm just not ready to let go of the Epcot resorts area -- I love it so much -- especially for SWW!

Anyhow, I'll be checking this thread for updates on PIN codes and discounts -- fingers crossed for a December GP discount announcement.
Hi back No Deluxe resort for us in June since we are going for 15 days (June 5-19) But I am hopeful there will be a bounceback offer in June that covers early November so we can do YC CL again!!

POFQ is my first choice among mods for the smaller size and 1st on and off the buses when sharing with POR. But lately POFQ has only been giving a 5% discount while POR has had 20-30% off (depending on what kind of rate/time of year). That would be a $450-$700 savings over 2 weeks by jumping to POR vs POFQ. I won't be miserable if we have to stay at POR but I much rather be at POFQ!

As for SWW, we will just take a cab those 3 days to make sure that we make it early enough. But I will miss the walking path from YC to DHS!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~

Old 09-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #221
sydneysmom

I think Disney is trying to drive me insane. We got another pin code in the mail....the same one we've been getting. Only this one is for all of December. (great if we were going in December!!)

It's funny, it says "Hey ____ Family ! Finish planning your vacation with these special offers !"

Hey thanks Disney...I'd LOVE to finish planning our trip, if only you would send me a pin for the month/year we are going! Fingers are crossed that they keep on coming until we actually hit a June pin code!!!

Old 09-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #222
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi back No Deluxe resort for us in June since we are going for 15 days (June 5-19) But I am hopeful there will be a bounceback offer in June that covers early November so we can do YC CL again!!

POFQ is my first choice among mods for the smaller size and 1st on and off the buses when sharing with POR. But lately POFQ has only been giving a 5% discount while POR has had 20-30% off (depending on what kind of rate/time of year). That would be a $450-$700 savings over 2 weeks by jumping to POR vs POFQ. I won't be miserable if we have to stay at POR but I much rather be at POFQ!

As for SWW, we will just take a cab those 3 days to make sure that we make it early enough. But I will miss the walking path from YC to DHS!!
Okay, gotcha. So your preference is POFQ (mine too!) but you may have to switch if POR is offering a better discount -- makes sense. Lucky you going for 15 days! We only go once a year but I'm trying to save some money in June so I can afford to go back in October of next year. I really, really want to go to MNSSHP. Since that will be a shorter trip for us, we might try AoA or POP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
I think Disney is trying to drive me insane. We got another pin code in the mail....the same one we've been getting. Only this one is for all of December. (great if we were going in December!!)

It's funny, it says "Hey ____ Family ! Finish planning your vacation with these special offers !"

Hey thanks Disney...I'd LOVE to finish planning our trip, if only you would send me a pin for the month/year we are going! Fingers are crossed that they keep on coming until we actually hit a June pin code!!!
It's a good sign that you're at least getting them. I haven't gotten one in probably 2 years and I have no idea why (I'm still subscribed to all of the same things I have always been ). Maybe you'll be one of the first to get the coveted June PIN!
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #223
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post

At least you get them! We haven't since 2010. Now that we are AP holders they know we are hooked! But my TA is fabulous & gets a discount rate applied as soon as they are available, sometimes before even I see they are out!

Fingers crossed that the discounts come early again this year!

Old 09-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #224
Irin997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
At least you get them! We haven't since 2010. Now that we are AP holders they know we are hooked! But my TA is fabulous & gets a discount rate applied as soon as they are available, sometimes before even I see they are out!

How early did June discounts come out last year? I looked at the historical discounts and one for the general public didn't come out until sometime in May in 2012.
Irin997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #225
sydneysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
It's a good sign that you're at least getting them. I haven't gotten one in probably 2 years and I have no idea why (I'm still subscribed to all of the same things I have always been ). Maybe you'll be one of the first to get the coveted June PIN!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irin997 View Post
How early did June discounts come out last year? I looked at the historical discounts and one for the general public didn't come out until sometime in May in 2012.
Believe me, I'm VERY glad we're on the list... I'm just hoping the luck doesn't run out the end of this year!

I looked up the discounts from last year, and it looks like there were June room discounts announced in the beginning of November. Then they ran them again in Jan / Feb. I'm hoping that it will be Oct / Nov this year....

If you go onto Disney's website, the current discounts through December 2012 end on Sept 29. So maybe they'll start putting out the 2013 discounts at that time. Here's hoping!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: