Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #91
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Great update and pics!
I especially love the photopass pics of all 4 of ya'll together!!!!

I think I'd be happy with one of those PB&J meals!
I bought some of those PB&J snack sandwiches, and I take them to school with me for my lunch!! They are so good!!!!
I love those PB&J's too! I use to love to bring them for lunch before I started back on trying to eat healthy! They sure are good though, and easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
I'm here! I have much catching up to do, but I'm very much excited to hear all about your trip!
Yay, I'm so glad you're here!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #92
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Bippity Boppity Boo!

I’m sorry for being such a slacker lately! Things have really been busy for us! First we had mine and my Dad’s birthday at the end of last month. Then there was my great-niece’s birthday. Of course there were all the Labor Day festivities that included a cookout at my sister-in-laws and then a last minute one at our house with my sister and the kids. And tomorrow Mike and I celebrate our 13th anniversary. And in amongst all that, we’ve been trying to stay on track with our Tower of Terror training, which is coming up in just a little over two weeks. I really hope to get this report finished before we leave!!

When I last left off, we had just finished getting a tad bit wet on Splash Mountain, which was yet another ride that the kids loved.

After leaving there, we decided to head over to the Haunted Mansion to see what the wait time looked like. Mike and I hadn’t rode since the refurb/update, so we decided that it was time!
This is what we found when we arrived, but it really didn’t look that bad:

And since the queue was interactive, we figured that would help pass the time, so we decided to jump in line.

As you can tell, Jaden wasn’t too sure about the theme of this one!

I don’t think the kids even paid much attention to the fact that we were in line as they had a lot of fun exploring along the way.

We finally made it inside and boarded our Doom Buggies where Jaden rode with me, and Mark with Mike. I think Jaden was a little scared at times, especially in the pitch dark parts, but she never said a word! Of course Mark loved it! And they were both amused by the hitchhiking ghosts!

After exiting HM, we still had a little time to kill, so we decided to head over to Fantasyland to check out PhilharMagic.

At first, the kids weren’t too crazy about stopping to see shows, but I think they ended up being really impressed with the 3D magic!

We said goodbye to Fantasyland, and headed towards the back of the castle where Jaden and I would be making our next stop for her appointment at BBB. But first, I had to grab a couple pics by the well before her big transformation.

Mike and Mark accompanied us into the Castle, but once we were all checked-in, they decided to head off towards Goofy’s Barnstormer.

After checking in, we waited along with all the other princesses before we were called back to change into her dress. I forgot to metion, that we had actually rented a locker when we entered the park to store her dress and shoes in. And it was well worth it to not have to carry that big bag around all day!

We got her all changed into her dress, then made our way back to the waiting area where we sat for quite a while. Eventually, Mike and Mark came back to check on our progress and were surprised to see that we were still waiting. Thankfully, Jaden was the next Princess to be called. Our FGIT was Karla, and while she was nice, she wasn’t very talkative. Of course I went bananas with the picture taking at this point, and while I was clicking away, the PP photographer also took several shots as well. So, I’ll post my shots first, then the PP’s…

Continued in next post…
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #93
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Bippity Boppity Boo, Part 2!

We were all finished up and were paying when the FGIT training informed us that we could head over behind the castle for more pics, if we’d like. And I’m sure you all can tell by now that I’m a sucker for pics anyway, but to be able to get more of Jaden all gussied up was really exciting.

Mike and Mark were waiting for us outside BBB, so I asked if we had time to head over for some more pics. We were cutting it a little close to our dinner time, but I really wanted to take advantage of the moment, so we decided that we’d go ahead…and even if we were a couple minutes late for dinner, I was sure it was no big deal.

We made our way over to the store, than I cannot remember the name of, and thankfully there was no one else waiting, so the photographer was able to start right away! After I saw these pics, I was SO glad that we decided to take the time to have them done!

I was so happy with them and thought they really captured the moment and the memory so well!

While Jaden was having her own photo shoot, Mark decided to dress himself up as well!

Then Mike decided to embarass me by asking the CM if I could be pixie-dusted. (I'm always too shy too ask myself or admit to wanting it done!)

We finished up there, and then made a dash to the front of the park, and headed towards the GF.

Up next, a royal dinner at 1900 Park Fare!
Old 09-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #94
amazingact21
Upendi

Glad to hear Philarmagic was a hit. I can see how shows would seem a little corny to kids, but with the interactive element to Philarmagic, it's hard not to love it!

Aww, I loved reading about Jaden's BBB experience. She looks so excited to be in the chair getting all dolled up. And you're right, those pictures by the store are amazing! It's like it was her own personal photoshoot. I bet that's something you'll both remember for years to come.

Can't wait to read how dinner went...especially with Jaden "princessed up."

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 09-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #95
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Glad everyone enjoyed Philharmagic, it really is great!

How adorable is Princess Jaden in her BBB attire!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 09-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #96
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Happy Belated Birthday and
Happy Anniversary!
My anniversary is today!

I have really enjoyed reading and getting caught up with your report.
That is a trip that you were able to be a part of the 'Be our Guest' podcast. I never listen to them, but I may need to try to find yours.
I love Jaden's flip flops, they are too cute!
That was so sweet of Jaden & Mark to pick a pearl for thier mom.
You got a lot of great family pics at the castle with your matching tye-dye shirts. That is my fav castle picture spot too because no one is ever in the background. And, your shirts look cool glowing in the Buzz Lightyear pics.
I have never heard of the Tortuga Tavern before? Did you like it and is it included in the dining plan?
I loved looking at Jaden's BBB pictures. That was a beautiful dress for a beautiful girl!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #97
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Wow, I can't believe it's been over 2 months since I last updated this thing! Needless to say, things have been busy, but that doesn't excuse me leaving everyone with an unfinished report. After returning from Disney for the Tower of Terror weekend, I've really had a case of the Disney blues. That trip has made me miss the World more than I ever have before, which I didn't think was possible. Coming here to the DIS to see what I was missing only made it worse, so I just lost all enthuisasm to get this thing finished. Though I am still missing Disney, and we still don't have any future trips planned at the moment, I decided that it's time to get pumpin' and finish this thing. I'm going to try my best to get at least a couple to three updates done a week, but don't hold me to it. My main goal is to just get it finished!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #98
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

A Royal Dinner

When I last left off, we were hoofing it to the front of the park. I was afriad that we were going to be a tad bit late for our dinner reservation at 1900 Park Fare. We exited the park and headed to catch a boat to the GF. Thankfully we were able to board pretty quickly, and made it our destination in a fair amount of time.

We eventually made our way into the lobby and found where we needed to be which was a bit of a challenge since we'd come from the back of the resort instead of the front like we're use to. But soon enough we finally arrived here, where we joined the small line for check-in.

We were then directed over to the picture spot.

Once we were done there, it was time to be seated. Talk about perfect timing!

We were seated pretty much in the middle of restaurant, but along the wall, fairly close to the food line. We managed to make a quick run through the line before the characters started their rounds. I'm not sure why, but Mark's plate is the only one I took a picture of. He was very, very excited to see sushi being offered on the buffet! He was definitely in heaven--not only did they have his favorite food, but it was all he could eat!

I remember that the characters for this meal seemed to come one right after the other. I know the stepsisters are "evil" but I always get the biggest kick out of them, and this night was no different. Their interaction with the kids was hilarious!

Mark wasn't too thrilled about getting his picture taken with Prince Charming, but he did it anyway!

He did pass on Cinderella, though!

When Lady Tremaine made her visit, she was quite disgusted that we had a "rodent" on our table while we were eating!

At this point, Mark decided it was time to head back through the line, while the rest of us hit up the desserts. Here's what he came back with:

The kid was in absolute heaven! I think he ate sushi until he couldn't possibly hold anymore! And I was so glad to see him be able to enjoy his meal for once!

As we finished up, and waited to settle our bill, we were treated to a dance by the royal couple.

We collected our belongings, exited to our left, and made our way back to the Magic Kingdom to finish off our night with a "bang".
Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #99
amazingact21
Upendi

It's all right about the 2 month hiatus, we all get those post-Disney blues. They're the worst! And I think the more times you visit, the worse it gets.

I'm glad Mark discovered the all you can eat sushi at Park Fare. It's always a special treat when you go to a buffet and find a great dish. From the pictures, it looks like he really does love sushi!

The character pictures are great, especially the "evil" stepsisters ones. So much fun to interact with the villians.

Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 11-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #100
Jennifer48

Don't worry about the hiatus, we are all here!

I don't think I've seen someone as young as Mark in love with sushi so much! Glad to hear he enjoyed dinner even if he had to pose with Prince Charming!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 12-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #101
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
It's all right about the 2 month hiatus, we all get those post-Disney blues. They're the worst! And I think the more times you visit, the worse it gets.

I'm glad Mark discovered the all you can eat sushi at Park Fare. It's always a special treat when you go to a buffet and find a great dish. From the pictures, it looks like he really does love sushi!

The character pictures are great, especially the "evil" stepsisters ones. So much fun to interact with the villians.
Thanks, Alicia! The Disney blues are terrible this time around. And I have to agree--the more we go, the worse they get!

Even though 1900 Park Fare has great food, I think the character interaction alone makes it worth the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post

I don't think I've seen someone as young as Mark in love with sushi so much! Glad to hear he enjoyed dinner even if he had to pose with Prince Charming!
Thanks, and I'm glad you're still here!

I don't think I've ever seen anyone love sushi the way that Mark does either! That's something that he and Mike definitely "bond" over!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #102
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post

Thanks, Alicia! The Disney blues are terrible this time around. And I have to agree--the more we go, the worse they get!

Even though 1900 Park Fare has great food, I think the character interaction alone makes it worth the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post

Thanks, and I'm glad you're still here!

I don't think I've ever seen anyone love sushi the way that Mark does either! That's something that he and Mike definitely "bond" over!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #103
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Ending the night with a bang!

When I last left off, we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom where we planned to spend the rest of our evening.

We made our way out to the monorail platform to wait for a train. As we waited, the CM noticed Mark and decided to play a little magic trick with him.

He had a ball that he made disappear, and Mark thought it was the coolest thing, ever! I loved seeing such a big smile on his face—it served as just another reminder of exactly why we wanted to share the Disney magic with them.

Soon enough, we’d made our way back to the MK and were headed inside to find a spot to parade watch when we realized that the evening may not go exactly as planned. In all our previous trips, Mike and I have always watched the parade and fireworks from either Main Street, or somewhere in front of the castle. We walked towards the hub, and quickly realized that there was no way we’d be watching the parade from anywhere close to that vicinity. Soon, a CM realized what we were doing and recommended that we head over towards Frontierland, as there was tons of space available there. Now, I don’t know if she was just confused, or was just trying to get us out of her section of the park, but Frontierland was just as packed. This was really all my fault—I should have never scheduled dinner at that time. Looking back now, we probably should’ve just had an early dinner or late lunch in the park. But it’s just one of those things you learn from.

By this time, we were all starting to get a little irritated. Mike and I certainly weren’t use to these kinds of crowds, and Mark saying that he didn’t want to watch the parade didn’t help any either. But we finally find a spot just big enough to squeeze into where the others who were already there didn’t mind us being there.

It seems like it took forever for the parade to start, but it eventually did. And as you can tell from my pictures, I still have a lot to learn about photographing parades at night!

Once the parade had moved through, Mike’s plan was to head towards Main Street, or the front of the castle at least. So, as soon as we were allowed to move, we headed that way. It wasn’t with much luck though. We made it as far as being somewhat catty-cornered from the castle with tree blocking the entire view. I was a little bit irritated that we didn’t have the perfect view and of course I made sure to let Mike know about it since he was the one who had led us there. Of course now I regret being so hateful, but it was just one of those things that didn’t go as planned. I really wanted Mark & Jaden’s 1st time seeing Wishes to be perfect. Someone really should have reached out and slapped me to make me realize just how fortunate I really was at that moment! Of course I realize it now! Anyway…so we stood in our spot and watched “The Magic, Memories and You” which was pretty cool to see…

And then the show that we’d been waiting for finally started!

It was so good to finally see our favorite fireworks show, and I loved that Mark and Jaden enjoyed it just as much! We tried to wait for the crowds to part, which was a bit of chaos. And somewhere during this time is when Jaden had her one meltdown of the trip.

Once we could actually walk and move, we made our way over to the area in front of Crystal Palace to try and see if we could all just re-compose ourselves and see if there was something that would help Jaden dry her tears. Nothing was helping. She was just a total mess. I don’t even know what triggered it to begin with, but she just couldn’t stop and was inconsolable. It had been a long day, with lots of excitement going on, so I know that she was completely wiped out. We’d had a lot of early mornings and late nights so far, and I think it was taking its toll. I also had to remind myself that this was the first time that she’d been away from home without her Mom. We took our time and let her get it all out before we started our way down Main Street. As we passed the PP photographer, I had the bright idea of getting one last Magic Kingdom photo. You can see here how Jaden wasn’t into it. First the serious one:

And then, with Mickey ears!

We continued on down Main Street where we then decided to duck into one of the shops, but I don’t even remember what for. While we were there, Mike and Mark decided to be silly to try and cheer Jaden up, and I think it worked.

How could you not get a kick out of that?! I thought it was so sweet that Mark was willing to look silly in public just to help his sister smile. It totally melted my heart!

And with that, we headed on out of the park where I managed to snap two last pictures on our way.

I think we were all very thankful when the bus arrived and we had a place to sit and rest our feet for a while. Once we made it back to the room, we all got ready for a good night’s rest, and I attempted to take down Jaden’s hair. She was not a happy camper, and I can understand why people say these hair do’s can last for several days…yikes!

Up next…a day in Hollywood Studios!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #104
amazingact21
Upendi

Oh, I'm sorry to hear the night didn't go exactly as planned. I understand completely about being irritated at not getting a great view. I mean, you plan for months and months, imagine the reactions on the first timer's faces when they see such an amazing show, and then when the plans veer off course, it becomes a little overwhelming. Completely understandable....
But I'm glad you all were able to at least see Wishes and the Magic, the Memories, and You. That's a plus!

Sorry to hear Jaden had a meltdown at the end of the night. I'm sure the combination of late hours, less sleep, and being away from home was what did her in. It's not surprising, but definitely not something you want to encounter on a trip. Glad her brother was there to perk her up and let her leave MK with a laugh.

Man, how much hairspray do they use at BBB???

Old 12-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #105
Jennifer48

You are a DIS veteran, what were you thinking getting to MK so late for the parade?!

Your view of Wishes didn't look bad at all!

Poor Jaden! A meltdown and hair trauma all in one night!
A Road Trip Engagement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: