Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #16
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafa View Post
Beautiful wedding pics!!
Looking forward to your trip report!
Have a great time!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
Hello Lisa, just wanted to say I am enjoying your PTR and pics! Looks like you are going to have a great trip! Hope you will be doing a TR when you get back.

Congrats on the new dog, hope it's going well for you! We stayed at the Hyatt last year before our Dream cruise and we really liked it. We booked our stay on lastminutetravel.com, how did you book yours? Great idea to order your souvenirs beforehand, but I'm silly so I'd probably rather get them while on the ship!

Yeah for Disney Visa reward dollars. We used those last year as well, went right to the member service desk and added them, very easy. Can I ask how you pay bills with your card? I wanted to look into doing that, but some companies don't accept credit cards.

Have fun packing and planning! Hope you have a Fantastic cruise!
So glad you are enjoying my random rambling! Yes, I'll be doing a live trip report from the cruise. I like to post each night, that way I remember everything. Plus, if I wait until I get home I won't do it.

I had been checking lastminutetravel.com & so far they havn't offered anything, except once and it was onlt $20 less than my AAA discount. I didn't want to get locked in at that number since I've seen reports of people getting it for much less. I watch it everyday.

Not all of my bills axcept credit cards either but a lot do. My car insureance, cable bill & cell phone do. Check online or call and ask. So worth it!

Thanks for joinging in 1

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #17
MissMet

Two weeks away!!

We are two weeks away from our big vacation. I am so excited I just don't know what to do with myself!!

Since I last posted, I haven't done too much trip related. Really, there's not much you can do at this point. I did create a document on my computer with a bunch of codes and such for my trip report. Like for example, all of DisBoards great smiley face codes. That way I can write up my live report even when I don't have internet access & not miss out on all these cute smilies. I can't wait to start that live report!! It's one of my favorite parts of my trip. I'll be posting my trip report here & then I will also be posting over on my travel blog.

One kinda major thing I did since my last post was I added another excursion. Right now we have a snorkling excursion on St. Thomas and on St. Maarten we're just going to take a cab to the beach for the day. Castaway Cay, I always just park it at Serenity Bay & spend my day there sunbathing. Then, I of course visit Cookies. I was thinking about Castaway Cay and remembered that they don't have waves. Matt LOVES the beach, but he NEEDS waves. Our honeymoon was in Antigua and our resort's beach did not have waves. Due to this, we only spent a day and a half on the beach and the rest of the days we hung out at the pool, since there was more stuff going on there. We did make a trip to an amazing beach with great waves, so he was happy. Anyway! Matt will only last probably 30 minutes at Serenity Bay and then he'll need to go-go-go. Matt is like a little kid in a lot of ways and this is one of them. He can't sit still!!! At first I thought we'd just play it by ear and seek out some activities once we're there. We will have our snorkel masks with us, so we'll do the snorkel lagoon. Then I looked into excursions. It's too late to add parasailing since all the times are sold out. Matt & I have been wanting to parasail but it's not top of the list. I wanted to do something special though. So I decided to book the Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure. The earliest time available was 2pm which I was a little disappointed about. Then I saw the Extreme Getaway Package which includes the stingray snorkel, bike rental, float rental & snorkeling equipment. Perfect! We will have our own masks, but we'll be able to get the flippers, we were definitely planning on renting tubes & Matt will definitely love the idea of riding bikes around the island. So those are our plans for Castaway Cay. And by changing to the package they had a whole new set of times for the stingray snorkel, so I went with 1pm. We're definitely going to be a lot busier than I'm used to, but we're gonna have some fun! Plus, we have three sea days & one day at St Marteen to lay in the sun. Well, I'll lay in the sun while Matt probably runs in circles around my lounger & makes lifelong friends with everyone within a 100 foot radius. Seriously. He is a people person!! We're such opposites.

This week I'm going to have to get myself to the post office to ship Matt's magnets & lanyard for his gift basket from Shirley. I ordered a basket with Sam Adams, water bottles & a bunch of his favorite snack foods. The total was $85 with tax & delivery. I was happy with that. I was expecting a lot more. Can't wait to see what it looks like. I told her that he's not "Mr. Super Disney" & more of a sports fan, so I'd rather not a bunch of Mickeys & such. Sorry Mickey.

I'm still debating on wether or not to try & book brunch at Remy. I don't know if I want to bother. That'd be two sea days that we have to get dressed nice right towards the middle of the day. I really want to relax & not feel like we have anything hanging over our heads. Maybe I'll save that for our next cruise. We'll see.

Well, I think that's enough rambling for one post.

TWO WEEKS AWAY!!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #18
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Your plans sound great, and yeah for 2 weeks! We did Castaway Ray's last summer on our Dream cruise and really enjoyed it. Your DH sounds like mine in a way, not too big on Mickey but big on sports, though we are New England fans! Have fun with the rest of your planning and getting ready!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #19
MissMet

Quote:
Your plans sound great, and yeah for 2 weeks! We did Castaway Ray's last summer on our Dream cruise and really enjoyed it. Your DH sounds like mine in a way, not too big on Mickey but big on sports, though we are New England fans! Have fun with the rest of your planning and getting ready!
Thanks so much! Glad to hear you guys enjoyed Castaway Ray's. I've heard some mixed reviews. We really have no expectations, Matt still doesn't even know. So I think going into it like that, we'll definitely have a good time.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #20
MissMet

ONE WEEK!!!

We are one week from our trip! I can't believe how fast this past week went. I had friends visiting from Missouri & Georgia so that helped pass the time a lot. I know this week is going to go just as quick because I've got a lot to do! This past week I only had to work on Monday which was great. Too bad though that wasn't next week. That would have been awesome! Oh, well. Work for me now a days is so much fun I really can't complain. If you've forgotten I watch my 9 month old nephew full time. They went away this week so my mom is seriously going thru withdrawals. He's the first & only grandchild. This fact seems a little off topic of my trip report, but not at all. Due to this fact, I will have lots of availability to do my running around since my mom will be begging to see him.

Things on my agenda this final week:

1. manicure, pedicure & wax on Friday

2. pick up make-up at Clinique

3. Return 7, yes, 7 dresses at the mall. I order online with free shipping & then return in store. Much bigger selection & much easier with a 9 month old hanging around.

4. transfer reward dollars to my card after the 4th

5. Book Aulani reservation on Thursday for our 1 year anniversary trip May 2013 (PTR starting once this trip is complete. It'll be a week at Aulani & a week aboard the NCL Pride of America)

6. Get Rocky's haircut (my Yorkie)

7. Sort my tip envelopes. This is something I started doing when vacationing with my parents. We're big on tipping. New Yorkers. Well, many times while on vacation my dad would seem to find himself wanting to tip someone & only having a 20. So I started planning our tips & placing them in individual mini envelopes with the date written on the outside, who it was intended for & the amount. I would also have an additional envelope with extra singles in case we wanted to add for extraordinary service. I place all these little envelopes in a ziplock bag & once we arrive it goes in the safe. Each morning I take out the little envelopes for the day. That way, you know the spending money in your pocket is free to use & you'll still have your tip money, no need to look for change or an ATM. Seems like a lot but it's very simple to do. I just do a walk thru of the plans we have & who we'd need to tip. I also include an envelope for each day for room service.

8. PACK!!!

9. CLEAN!!! Since I was young, a rule in my house was before heading out on a vacation the house should be spotless. This is a trait of my mother's that I have carried on. Thanks mom. I think maybe it's an Italian thing or something. Needless to say, by the time I'm ready to leave for vacation, I'm exhausted! I'm usually up late the night before cleaning. Another trait I get from my mom, procrastination. Again, thanks mom.

Well, those are the main to dos. There's definitely a lot more little things, but those are the biggies. My dad will be staying at our place to watch the dogs. The trip ended up being good timing since my mom will also be away for part of our trip. My dad will have Bania & Rocky to keep him company...and busy!!

As far as trip plans, I made a last minute decision and decided I should schedule an ADR for Saturday night after the cruise. If you remember, we'll be headed right off the ship to my favorite, Food and Wine Festival. Then at 9pm we'll be seeing Cirque du Soleil. I thought we'd just eat dinner at the F&WF booths, but then I decided I'd rather have a nice meal together, rather than waiting in line for two bites of food and then waiting in another line for two bites of food... We will have all day Saturday & most of the day on Sunday to conquer F&WF, so lets have a nice dinner before the show. My favorite restaurant, presently, is Via Napoli. I was thinking of eating there, but we went last year so I wanted to go somewhere Matt still hadn't been. So after much deliberation I decided on Raglan Road. We'll be eating after 7pm so when I realized we'd get to see the live entertainment I thought it was perfect. I have only been to Raglan Road once & boy was that an experience!! I had ordered the chowder. After my first bite I thought something was off, but then just chalked it off as an ingredient I didn't care for or something. I continued eating it. Once i was full my mom asked for a taste. After the one taste she told me she thought it was bad... I spent the rest of the evening in the bathrooms at the Christmas shop. On the walk back to the bus stop it hit me. I have never gotten so violently sick from food poisoning. I don't hold it against them as this can happen anywhere as long as there are humans involved. No one's perfect & I really enjoyed our appetizers and desserts. I just could never get myself to go back there. Until now. I know one thing's for sure. I still won't be able to get myself to order the chowder. I'm really looking forward to that dinner, seriously.

Well, that's it! That's my last "official" post in my PTR!!! My next post will be linking you guys to my LIVE TRIP REPORT!!! I'm thinking I'll probably get that post going Thursday night with all the preliminary stuff for those newbies just joining in. So exciting!!!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #21
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you'll have a very busy week ahead, but worth it! Looking forward to reading your TR. Have a great trip!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #22
MissMet

Quote:
Sounds like you'll have a very busy week ahead, but worth it! Looking forward to reading your TR. Have a great trip!
Thanks

Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #23
MissMet

Ok guys. Got a jump on the start of the trip report since this week is so crazy. Head on over & say hello.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3001275

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: