Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #31
oboedm
DIS Veteran

How fun! You should definitely do a PTR and TR as part of this TR! Can't wait to see your pictures of Cars Land!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:54 PM   #32
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFamily5 View Post
Joining in!

E is adorable! If it makes you feel better, I'm already trying to plan for June 2014!

Can't wait to hear more!
Welcome!! I don't think you can ever plan too early

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
How fun! You should definitely do a PTR and TR as part of this TR! Can't wait to see your pictures of Cars Land!
Haha, I think I will! I am SO excited and can't wait to see Cars Land!

WDW: 2005 POFQ, 2006 OKW- Grand Villa, 2009 AKL Jambo House- 1 bedroom Villa, 2011 AKL Jambo House 1 bedroom- CANCELLED
Disneyland: To many times to count, DLH, DPP, GC, VGC- 2 bedroom villa

Our Adoption Story & Blog
A May WDW Trip- Cancelled!

JennisSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #33
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

With the opening of Carsland, I had thought we'd wait until at least next spring to visit Disneyland to avoid crazy crowds.

Ya, once I saw photo's of Carsland, that plan went out the window. After months of begging my husband I finally convinced my husband to consider a trip this fall. The tipping point came when my {awesome} cousin let us know he was taking a trip this fall, and because he's an active duty airman, was able to get us a great deal on park hoppers and me asking if our trip to Disneyland could be my birthday present. Well, he said yes!

So- here we go!

When: September 4th-September 8th
Where: Disneyland (you knew that though)
Hotel: Grand Californian (Hotel, not Villa's)

I am SO excited to stay at the Grand again, we haven't stayed in the hotel portion since the villa's opened a few years ago, and while my husband loves the Paradise Pier, and my daughter loves the Disneyland Hotel, the Grand is my favorite property by far!

The plan is:

Tuesday September 4th: Leave home at dinner time, this way E will sleep for most of the drive, we should arrive at the hotel around 1am.
Wednesday September 5th: Disneyland/DCA with my cousin

I need to see if Thursday or Friday are early entry days for guests of Disneyland Resort Hotels. Whichever day is, will be our DCA day, the other Disneyland (thought we'll likely hop back and forth).

Saturday, we won't leave until dinner time (the drive is so much more comfortable when DD is sleeping). We'll likely spend the morning at the hotel pool, and then maybe stop at the beach.

So... that's all I have so far. I'm not sure if I'll make any dining reservations, with the exception of checking out the new restaurant in DCA. We're not super big on most of the sit down restaurants in Disneyland, and have many counter service favorites.

But we'll be in Disneyland in like 31 days! HURRAY!

WDW: 2005 POFQ, 2006 OKW- Grand Villa, 2009 AKL Jambo House- 1 bedroom Villa, 2011 AKL Jambo House 1 bedroom- CANCELLED

Old 08-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #34
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Yay, yay, yay! Super excited! I do love how quick and easy it is to hop over to CA.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #35
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Car'sLAND!!!

Ten Days! 10 Days! TEN DAYS people!

{Clearly I am excited}

In just ten days we'll be in Disneyland! I don't think that phrase will ever get old, no matter how many times we go. I seriously am SO excited for a trip that just a month ago wasn't even on the horizon.

E had SUCH a fun time when we went for her birthday, and I'm hoping this trip will be even better. Outside of preparing for our trip through shopping, I've also sketched out a rough itinerary.

Day 1- Tuesday September 4th:

Because I am now a stay at home mom, E and I will finish laundry and packing. I'm also going to take the car to get washed/vacuumed (because I like traveling in a clean car), get the tire pressure balanced at Discount, and gas/pack up the car.

Aaron will be home around 4pm, and we'll put E in the bath, and get her in her bed time clothes. I'd like to leave the house around 5:30pm. We'll stop for dinner on the edge of town about 30 minutes West of the house (the last Chipotle in town, Chipotle is E's favorite place).

We should get to the Grand Californian around midnight. After our stop for dinner, we'll only stop once more for gas (hurray hybrid!) I've requested a room with king bed, and let them know we will be having a late check in. We're staying in the hotel portion as the villa's are booked solid (surprise, surprise), so I doubt this will be an issue.

Day 2- Wednesday September 5th:

Breakfast at Jamba Juice! (I plan on bringing some light breakfast fare with us, but we'll be meeting my cousin and his wife at Jamba Juice to have breakfast and walk over to get our park hoppers together).

I suspect we'll start in California Adventure. I don't plan on trying to do much in Carsland this day, we'll have early entry into DCA on Friday since we're staying in the hotel, and that's when we'll try to do RSR, etc.

Around 1 well head back to the hotel for nap time. After nap time we'll likely do pool and shower time, and then head into Disneyland for the evening!

Day 3- Thursday September 6th

Disneyland Day! We'll have early entry into Disneyland, and we'll do a light breakfast in the room, and then have a late breakfast/brunch at Goofy's kitchen. We'll likely spend the rest of the day in Disneyland.

Day 4- Friday September 7th

California Adventure!! I'm hoping E cooperates enough to do World of Color. I've seen it a bajillion times so if she doesn't, I don't mind.

Day 5- Saturday September 8th

Sadly, we'll head home on Saturday. However we won't leave until around 4/5 so that E will again sleep most of the drive. We'll likely hang out by the pool in the morning, and I'm hoping to score us a late check out. After that we'll kick around or go to the beach before heading home.

I've picked up a TON of super cute things for E for our trip (as I always do). I can't wait to share them with you!

Last edited by JennisSilly; 08-25-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Formatting
Old 08-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #36
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

WAHOO for 10 days!! I can't wait to hear all about CarsLand!
ariel1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #37
fitzy819
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennisSilly View Post
Welcome! I have a soft spot in my heart for people who are planners

Where are you staying!
I tend to over plan everything and Disney is no exception!

We are staying CL at the Contemporary. I was going back and forth between there and AKL but we will only have 4 days in the parks and I thought it would be a perk to be so close to MK. Plus the hubbs said that he wanted us to stay at AKL for the first time together... he is so silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennisSilly View Post
Ten Days! 10 Days! TEN DAYS people!

{Clearly I am excited}

In just ten days we'll be in Disneyland! I don't think that phrase will ever get old, no matter how many times we go. I seriously am SO excited for a trip that just a month ago wasn't even on the horizon.

E had SUCH a fun time when we went for her birthday, and I'm hoping this trip will be even better. Outside of preparing for our trip through shopping, I've also sketched out a rough itinerary.

Day 1- Tuesday September 4th:

Because I am now a stay at home mom, E and I will finish laundry and packing. I'm also going to take the car to get washed/vacuumed (because I like traveling in a clean car), get the tire pressure balanced at Discount, and gas/pack up the car.

Aaron will be home around 4pm, and we'll put E in the bath, and get her in her bed time clothes. I'd like to leave the house around 5:30pm. We'll stop for dinner on the edge of town about 30 minutes West of the house (the last Chipotle in town, Chipotle is E's favorite place).

We should get to the Grand Californian around midnight. After our stop for dinner, we'll only stop once more for gas (hurray hybrid!) I've requested a room with king bed, and let them know we will be having a late check in. We're staying in the hotel portion as the villa's are booked solid (surprise, surprise), so I doubt this will be an issue.

Day 2- Wednesday September 5th:

Breakfast at Jamba Juice! (I plan on bringing some light breakfast fare with us, but we'll be meeting my cousin and his wife at Jamba Juice to have breakfast and walk over to get our park hoppers together).

I suspect we'll start in California Adventure. I don't plan on trying to do much in Carsland this day, we'll have early entry into DCA on Friday since we're staying in the hotel, and that's when we'll try to do RSR, etc.

Around 1 well head back to the hotel for nap time. After nap time we'll likely do pool and shower time, and then head into Disneyland for the evening!

Day 3- Thursday September 6th

Disneyland Day! We'll have early entry into Disneyland, and we'll do a light breakfast in the room, and then have a late breakfast/brunch at Goofy's kitchen. We'll likely spend the rest of the day in Disneyland.

Day 4- Friday September 7th

California Adventure!! I'm hoping E cooperates enough to do World of Color. I've seen it a bajillion times so if she doesn't, I don't mind.

Day 5- Saturday September 8th

Sadly, we'll head home on Saturday. However we won't leave until around 4/5 so that E will again sleep most of the drive. We'll likely hang out by the pool in the morning, and I'm hoping to score us a late check out. After that we'll kick around or go to the beach before heading home.

I've picked up a TON of super cute things for E for our trip (as I always do). I can't wait to share them with you!
Your plans sound perfect!!!!

You should definitely do a TR in your PTR! Have fun on your trip!
fitzy819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #38
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy819 View Post
We are staying CL at the Contemporary. I was going back and forth between there and AKL but we will only have 4 days in the parks and I thought it would be a perk to be so close to MK. Plus the hubbs said that he wanted us to stay at AKL for the first time together... he is so silly.
I was just talking to my Uncle about this at dinner last night- he was wondering why we wanted to stay at AKL since "when looking at maps" it seemed so far away.

I let him know that for our daughter, we just thought she'd eat it all up. Plus I figure she'll only care about the animals for a short time period, and who knows when we'll make it back to WDW (I mean clearly right now we're on a 4 year rotation, at least) so we want to eat that up as long as we can.

DH is reading over my shoulder, and wants me to point out that it is also, "one of the cheapest" meaning it takes the fewest amount of points. So to him, that is a HUGE selling point, ha!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #39
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Walt Disney World Trip Update

Since I've been simultaneously discussing two different Disney trips here, I figured I'd label this one "Walt Disney World".

Last night I went to dinner with my Aunt Mary & Uncle John, Aunt Betty and her boyfriend, my cousin and her daughter, and another one of my cousins.

As of last night my Aunt Mary and Uncle John are a go for this trip! That makes me happy, because my Aunt Mary and Uncle John are not demanding relatives to vacation with. They're happy to meet up and hang out, but also love to do their own thing- WIN!

My cousin Sharon and her daughter (my goddaughter, who is currently 3) are also REALLY trying to convince their husband/dad (Ray) to go. I adore Ray, but he's about as financially stingy as my husband, so you have to really make a case with a non-monetary ROI and all that jazz for him to invest the $$$$. I have a feeling I'll be making an excel spreadsheet and graphs before they commit to going- ha!

So, it sounds like maybe this WILL turn into a family trip. I had fun educating my uncle on Walt Disney World. He had said he was concerned when he was checking on hotels.com and noticed that rooms were $400-$500 a night (amateur). I told him for Disney world, you're so way better off booking directly through Disney. So I'll be assisting him with that

Hurry for family trips actually maybe being family trips!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #40
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Yay! I love big family trips and educating others!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #41
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

We're Back!

Our short trip to Disneyland flew by! It as a fabulous trip (probably E's best yet!) and I can't wait to share our trip with you!

Old 09-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #42
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Sooooo excited to hear all about it
ariel1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #43
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Where does time go?

Clearly, I haven't been fabulous about updating our PTR {and our Mini Trip Report from Disneyland}

Life has just been SO busy the last few months. Here's what we've been up to:

- I am LOVING staying at home with DD. She's just over a year and a half now, and oh my goodness, we have SO much fun together. Our days are filled with dance parties, museums, the zoo, the science center, tea parties, reading, dressing up {yes, already, my daughter is a GIRLIE GIRL!}

- We are planning on baby #2! We plan to adopt from Colombia, and can't apply until next October, but that doesn't mean there isn't a ton of stuff to start doing now. We are researching agencies, Colombian adoption law, International Adoption law (since DD was a domestic adoption), etc.

- Because we are planning a second adoption, which is costly, I've started a side business selling Origami Owl. Let's just say, it's VERY popular and absolutely helping us meet our fundraising goals!

- Life. We've just been so busy living life, that I haven't even gotten to {think} about Disneyworld {much}. But with our 11 month window quickly approaching, we've got to start thinking about it a little more- plus we have to decide if we want to snag the $399 AP's!

I hope to be back soon, we have LOT's of photo's to post, especially of DD as snow white- my preview into how much she will LOVE BBB!

Old 04-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #44
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

So it's been a while...

Clearly I fell off the trip report bandwagon. Really, for good reason, life's been crazy busy. For some crazy reason, I thought staying at home with my daughter would mean more time for the interwebs yeah, so not the case.

Our days are filled with trips to the zoo, our aquarium, our children's museum, and of course- Costco {E's favorite restaurant, fine dining at it's finest right??}.

We've made a lot of progress on our trip. We are currently 171 days out from our trip {Less then Six Months!!! } which means I've both booked our hotel and our ADR's, oh, and of course BBB!

To recap our trip:

We leave for Orlando on Saturday, October 12th.
We leave Orlando to come home Sunday October 20th.
We're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge {Kildani} in a 1 bedroom Savanna view.
My parents are staying in a studio in Kildani {hey, they're using my points for free, they get what they get}.

Our party includes:
Me, DH, DD who will be 2.75 years old {3 for BBB purposes }
My Mom, Dad, and maybe my sister.
My Aunt & Uncle {My God Parents} who are staying at ASM.
My Cousin Trey {who lives out of state and I don't see often} at ASM
My Cousin Mike & Shauntil {his super awesome girlfriend} at ASM

I {HAVE} made our ADR's and I'll share those this week- baby steps, today was just about getting myself back onto DIS boards

Old 04-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #45
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Planes, Car Seats, and Planes, oh my!

We leave on Saturday, October 12th, and fly across country from Arizona to Florida.

I had a lot of anxiety over picking flights. E has flown on two separate trips in her short life. Once to Memphis {last summer} where we had a connection each way, which broke the flight's into 1.5 hour segments for the most part. The lay overs were perfect for that trip.

Then we flew to Philadelphia this winter for an unexpected family funeral. Our flight there was nonstop, and pretty much the absolute worst conditions you could imagine. I had thought it would be {perfect}. Our flight left at 4:30 p.m. {or was supposed to leave} so I kept E up, not letting her nap that day so she'd fall asleep on the plane and sleep. Well, our flight was an hour and a half delayed...in the 30 minutes we were in line boarding, she fell asleep, and woke up as soon as we boarded. For those of you with {or have had toddlers} you know those 30 minute naps are the devil. Thankfully she was pretty pleasant on the trip:

At least she was pleasant for most of the 6 hour flight...except when it was about 11:00 her time, and we were supposed to be landing, but we were in an hour holding pattern...and she fell asleep again, the last 30 minutes of the flight. We then had to find our way through the airport, to the rental car, and the hotel. Let's just say we didn't get a lot of sleep.

So, even when I thought I had picked the perfect circumstances, it wasn't. We had several flight options, but the one I knew I wanted was a US Air flight that left PHX at 8am and landed in MCO at 4:05 giving E some time to settle down, burn some energy, and still get some sleep. At first the flight was around $400, but I decided to wait until SWA released their fares {since they're both hubs here, they are always competitive}. Well, the fares changed when SWA released their schedule all right- to $725 ONE WAY! That was out.

I was left with the option of leaving around 11am and getting in around 7 {bleh} or having a connection. On a whim a few weeks later, I checked that US Airways flight again, and found it for $225 PP one way, so I bought it right then and there. So we have flights THERE, just not flights home, yet {really, who needs to go home?}

Here are my questions, because I've never traveled with a Toddler to WDW. Do I need to bring her car seat? I know technically she's supposed to sit in it on the plane...that worked for about 15 minutes:

She wasn't a fan. I think the plane, the tiredness, and facing forward with no where to put her legs {she rear faces in the car still} was too much for her. After about 10 minutes she was in our laps, and anytime we asked her if she wanted to go in her seat we got:

So basically we had paid for the car seat to have it's own seat with a window view...sure it was convenient for holding stuff- but not how I would have imagined spending that kind of $$$. Now, it could be different this time since the sleep factor won't be an issue, but I'm just not sure what to do. Suggestions? Do I need it for Magical Express? I don't want to check her car seat {a Car Seat Tech I work with gave me MAJOR stink eye when I mentioned this- clearly I'm a naive mama} but it's kind of a pain to lug around even with the little luggage cart you can attach it to {we have one}.

So...what do you think? Yes? No?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: