Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMissy View Post
We are now planning on going again in March of next year, who knows we may end up at both DL and WDW the same time as you!

We are also considering the deluxe dining plan, we prefer table service restaurants and it seems to make sense even with young children.

I am sorry to hear about your parents, glad you are able to see just a bit of positive in what must be a difficult time for you.
Haha- wouldn't that be a coincidence! We'll be going the end of March (right before Easter. It stinks because it'll be busy, but we can't exactly move DD's birthday- )

Honestly, I figure with the character breakfasts that doesn't take away park time, since we can do most of them before the park opens, and actually puts us in a great place to get going into the park. And DD loves characters and this should help us with having to wait out many of the lines.

Plus.. I really want to do CRT & Be our Guest... haha, and I have a feeling Be our Guest may be similar to CRT in being 2 table service credits- if we only did the regular DDP, that would put us down 4 TS credits right there!

WDW: 2005 POFQ, 2006 OKW- Grand Villa, 2009 AKL Jambo House- 1 bedroom Villa, 2011 AKL Jambo House 1 bedroom- CANCELLED
Disneyland: To many times to count, DLH, DPP, GC, VGC- 2 bedroom villa

Our Adoption Story & Blog
A May WDW Trip- Cancelled!

JennisSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #17
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Where are we eating!

Last night I suggested to my husband that we "commit" to the DxDP. I immediately rattled off everything it included, when he interrupted me. His exact words were, "My two favorite things about WDW last time were the food and the water park. If you're telling me I get more of one of my two favorite things, I'm in".

I was speechless. My husband is a financial analyst and I have to basically prove an ROI (Return on Investment) for any purchase I want to make over $100. So the fact that he was so willing to commit to a purchase well over that threshold amazed me.

I then went on to tell him that I wanted to optimize our time at character meals for DD- and he again, interrupted me, saying, "wait- are those buffets?". I nodded, and he again said, "let's do it!" (my husband is a tall, skinny man....who gets to eat whatever the heck he wants with no consequences... so to say he loves buffet's is an understatement).

So, it looks like we are committed to the DxDP- which honestly makes me super happy! Usually I'm limited to 6-7 table service restaurants so I'm hesitant to try new ones, because I have a a few that I LOVE. But now we get to try many new restaurants (while still enjoying our favorites)!

So here's my line up:

Character Meals (Because DD LOVES her some characters)
Cinderella's Royal Table- Breakfast
Ohana (Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch)
Crystal Palace- Breakfast
Donalds Safari Breakfast (Tusker House)- Breakfast
Princess Storybook Dining- Breakfast
Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner
Chip and Dales Harvest Feast
Chef Mickey's- Dinner
Be Our Guest Restaurant (I am hoping this is a character meal, and also counting on it being 2 table service credits, if it's not, awesome!) Dinner (hopefully)

Other Meals:
Ohana
Boma Dinner
Coral Reef Dinner
Le Cellier Lunch
Yak & Yeti Lunch
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
Rain Forest Café
T-Rex Café
50's Prime time Café
Via Napoli

I am salivating just thinking about it!

WDW: 2005 POFQ, 2006 OKW- Grand Villa, 2009 AKL Jambo House- 1 bedroom Villa, 2011 AKL Jambo House 1 bedroom- CANCELLED

Last edited by JennisSilly; 07-10-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Restaurant fix
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #18
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennisSilly View Post
Character Meals (Because DD LOVES her some characters)
Kona (Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch)
You want to book Ohana for breakfast for this not Kona. Everything looks good. I bet E will love it.
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #19
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Hooray for the DxDP! Love all your choices. I think Be Our Guest is only one credit for dinner and it is not a character meal.
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #20
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
You want to book Ohana for breakfast for this not Kona. Everything looks good. I bet E will love it.
Thank you! I'm not quite sure who will enjoy it more- her or me!

Old 07-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #21
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Hooray for the DxDP! Love all your choices. I think Be Our Guest is only one credit for dinner and it is not a character meal.
Awesome- I guess that means I get to pick another restaurant

Of course, that's baring any changes that may come out in the 2013 packages release tomorrow.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #22
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

To Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or Not?

My daughter is a girlie girl in an extreme sense of the world. At the ripe old age of almost 16 months she loves to have her hair done, always wants to wear "her" necklaces (I bought myself a few strands of ChewBeads for her... turns out she likes them better on her then on mommy). She will stand and twirl in front of a mirror for as long as I will let her.

So in watching her evolving personality, I knew from the start of this trip that I wanted her to be able to do the BBB. That is until I was checking out their website a few weeks and noticed that their minimum age was 3.

I was devistated. I immediately called to find out how "firm" this rule was. Did they round up? She'll be 2 years and 7 months old on our trip, and already does SO good sitting for her hair to be done, etc. The cast member I spoke to said that if I called and made a reservation for her and said she was 3, as long as she "fit the part" they wouldn't question it.

But you see I am a rule follower and doing this would be breaking Disney rules! Plus, I would love for her to do BBB in Fantasyland, and am concerned that if I round her age up to do BBB, they'll be issues with her not having a park ticket.

So... what do you think? Would you BBB?

**Please note- I wouldn't even consider this if it is something that over the next year she seems not to enjoy or lose interest in, or if she gets to a point where she won't sit still to get ready**

Old 07-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #23
oboedm
DIS Veteran

I would do it, as long as you are willing to cancel if she gets a personality transplant before then, LOL!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #24
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
I would do it, as long as you are willing to cancel if she gets a personality transplant before then, LOL!
Haha, that's the direction I'm leaning in. I mean I still have 8 months before I can even MAKE said reservation, so we'll see how things evolve, but I feel this is going to be a very fun and special part of the trip

Old 07-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #25
fitzy819
Mouseketeer

I'm joining your PTR

Your plans sounds awesome so far! Glad to find some more fall 2013 trip planners already

Your dining picks sound awesome as well. I'm super excited to try Be Our Guest too!
fitzy819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #26
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy819 View Post

I'm joining your PTR

Your plans sounds awesome so far! Glad to find some more fall 2013 trip planners already

Your dining picks sound awesome as well. I'm super excited to try Be Our Guest too!
Welcome! I have a soft spot in my heart for people who are planners

Where are you staying!

Old 07-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #27
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

EEK, I've been missing from the Dis for so long I didn't even realize you had started a PTR. I'm so glad I saw the link for it at the bottom of one of your comments on my TR!

I'm so sorry to hear about your parents divorce, but glad you are able to find positive in the situation - no matter how small.

As far as BBB, I say you know your daughter the best and if you know she will do well with it then go for it! I'm currently at a point where I am constantly frustrated at all the activities (non-Disney) that James can't participate in because of the age 3 restriction. Yes, there are some activities that wouldn't be appropriate for him, but I know his limits and there are several I know he would LOVE but is restricted for being 18 months

Can't wait to hear more about your planning
ariel1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #28
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
EEK, I've been missing from the Dis for so long I didn't even realize you had started a PTR. I'm so glad I saw the link for it at the bottom of one of your comments on my TR!

I'm so sorry to hear about your parents divorce, but glad you are able to find positive in the situation - no matter how small.

As far as BBB, I say you know your daughter the best and if you know she will do well with it then go for it! I'm currently at a point where I am constantly frustrated at all the activities (non-Disney) that James can't participate in because of the age 3 restriction. Yes, there are some activities that wouldn't be appropriate for him, but I know his limits and there are several I know he would LOVE but is restricted for being 18 months

Can't wait to hear more about your planning
The age 3 restrictions are SO funny! My Goddaughter recently turned 3, and I told her mom that this was like THE birthday of all birthday's (so far) because now apparently all the toys in the toy store were suddenly appropriate for her.

Thanks for your thoughts- My parents situation is well... special.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:03 AM   #29
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

We're Going to Disneyland!

So while it's not Disneyworld related, I am super excited to report that we are going to Disneyland in 32 days.

I have wanted to go, so horribly bad, since the opening of Carsland. But, due to cost and the huge crowd levels, have had a reason to be able to hold my "jonesing" at bay. However, when my cousin announced he could get us a super amazing price on a 3 day park hopper, and my birthday around the corner, we're now going!

I have to call DVC tomorrow, and while there is no availability at the Villa's (is there ever) I plan to book a room at the Grand Californian. The responsible thing to do would be to stay at the Disneyland Hotel or the Paradise Pier, but I love the Grand Californian, and since it's my birthday, it's my first choice.

I can NOT wait to check our Carsland, or rather, to spend some quality time at Disneyland with my hubby and our sweet little princess! She has spent so much time on the Disneyland Explorer App on my iPad, that I feel like this time it will be even MORE special then the past 3 times she's been.

If all goes according to plan, we'll be in Disneyland September 5th-8th. Maybe I'll do a mini PTR and Trip Report within this report.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #30
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

E is adorable! If it makes you feel better, I'm already trying to plan for June 2014!

Can't wait to hear more!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334
ZFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: