Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 01:07 AM   #136
G'sMaman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfam View Post
Hi Everyone, just found this thread. We are first time cruisers and we are sooooo excited to be on the 3 night Bahamian cruise on April 18th. Following the cruise we are also spending some time at the parks. My wife and I can't stop talking about the fun we are going to have with our kids, it looks like there is so much to do. Our kids ages are one and six. It's also overwhelming at the same time making sure we pack everything we need for both the cruise and our stay at the park. Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated! We read about the FE, it looks like a ton of fun. Being that this is our first cruise we aren't going to take part in the FE but its on our list for the next cruise. We will definitely take part in the door decorating this time around. Only 26 days away, can't wait to experience what everyone raves about! See you all soon.
Welcome! This will be our fourth Disney cruise and here's what we typically bring:

- power cord or extension cord (its seems the ships never have enough outlets)
- a clear, over the door shoe organizer – the bathrooms are small and there’s not a lot of counter space so it helps to have things where you can find them
- ziplocks in various sizes (great for storing leftovers/snacks from room service)
- a nightlight for the bathroom
- small flashlight
- plastic file folder – for storing important docs and photos (on our last cruise they took a bunch of photos of our DD at daycare with her favorite princesses and it was a great way to protect them in our suitcase)
- you might consider bringing a large cup/water bottle to refill because the cups by the soda stand are pretty small (for sanitary reasons you’ll need to use the small cups to fill your water bottle)
- some small bills for room service and porters
- because we have a 5 yr old DD, we bring a collapsible footstool – invaluable for letting her be self sufficient
- dish washing liquid
- Purex 3 in 1 sheets if you plan to do laundry
- large clip to close the drapes all the way if you prefer a dark room when you wake up or for taking naps
- magnetic clips for the door. Our DD does a lot of artwork at the Oceaneers Club and we hang them on our door (tape is not allowed). The side benefit is that we can always find our room easily and so can our daughter.
- we also keep a magnetic clip or hook on the inside of our door so we can hang our lanyards when we return to the room. We were always misplacing them!

Hope this is helpful!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #137
topfam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'sMaman View Post
Welcome! This will be our fourth Disney cruise and here's what we typically bring:

- power cord or extension cord (its seems the ships never have enough outlets)
- a clear, over the door shoe organizer – the bathrooms are small and there’s not a lot of counter space so it helps to have things where you can find them
- ziplocks in various sizes (great for storing leftovers/snacks from room service)
- a nightlight for the bathroom
- small flashlight
- plastic file folder – for storing important docs and photos (on our last cruise they took a bunch of photos of our DD at daycare with her favorite princesses and it was a great way to protect them in our suitcase)
- you might consider bringing a large cup/water bottle to refill because the cups by the soda stand are pretty small (for sanitary reasons you’ll need to use the small cups to fill your water bottle)
- some small bills for room service and porters
- because we have a 5 yr old DD, we bring a collapsible footstool – invaluable for letting her be self sufficient
- dish washing liquid
- Purex 3 in 1 sheets if you plan to do laundry
- large clip to close the drapes all the way if you prefer a dark room when you wake up or for taking naps
- magnetic clips for the door. Our DD does a lot of artwork at the Oceaneers Club and we hang them on our door (tape is not allowed). The side benefit is that we can always find our room easily and so can our daughter.
- we also keep a magnetic clip or hook on the inside of our door so we can hang our lanyards when we return to the room. We were always misplacing them!

Hope this is helpful!
Thanks G'Maman for the information, great reccommendations!
topfam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #138
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!

For our last cruise I bought a small fan. We plug it in at the desk and turn it toward the bed. The rooms are set very cold during the day and when I turn it up to a comfortable level it gets too hot at night. The fan keeps the air circulating, so the room doesn't feel quite as hot and it also provides white noise. We also used it in our hotel rooms that trip. A lot of places the air conditioning doesn't run if there is no motion in the room. The fan moves the air which helps, especially if you have heat flashes.

Disneyholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #139
gotdbltrbl
Mouseketeer

Hi All Today's the day to sign up for the FE if you want to join! Please let me know if you decide to join and I will add it the the list on the first post. Please also provide the information needed. Please also check to make sure that all information already there is correct (names/ages/Cabin numbers etc). We are so excited!
gotdbltrbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #140
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfam View Post
Hi Everyone, just found this thread. We are first time cruisers and we are sooooo excited to be on the 3 night Bahamian cruise on April 18th. Following the cruise we are also spending some time at the parks. My wife and I can't stop talking about the fun we are going to have with our kids, it looks like there is so much to do. Our kids ages are one and six. It's also overwhelming at the same time making sure we pack everything we need for both the cruise and our stay at the park. Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated! We read about the FE, it looks like a ton of fun. Being that this is our first cruise we aren't going to take part in the FE but its on our list for the next cruise. We will definitely take part in the door decorating this time around. Only 26 days away, can't wait to experience what everyone raves about! See you all soon.
Welcome fellow Western NYs!!!
reagansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #141
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

For the people in FE - does anyone have an allergy?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #142
jlbmd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansmom View Post
No allergies for us.
jlbmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #143
gotdbltrbl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
None for us either.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:12 AM   #144
matthew517
Mouseketeer

I recommend bringing a card from a food store or some other none credit card to keep in the slot by the door instead of your room card. All the power is activated by having a card in the slot.
Quart size ziplock bags.
Sports bottle
Small bills (for room service)
Water shoes (the deck and the stairs to the aqua duck will burn your feet)

If this is your first time at Walt Disney world with the kids (1 & 5) what we did when ours were that age was get up early and hit the parks we wanted to see that day. We would do a character breakfast before the park opened. Like at animal kingdom. We timed it so we were finished when the park opened. Then head to the safari ride and ride it. We would leave the park before lunch time and go back to the hotel. After lunch and a nap go to the pool and then head back to the parks and eat dinner and then enjoy the parks in the evening. We planned our day around extra magic hours.
Disney allows snacks to be brought in to the parks.
matthew517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:17 AM   #145
matthew517
Mouseketeer

Also if you're staying on disney and a couple days you can have your purchases sent to the room.
Another thing is a banana stroller. For going to and from the parks and rent theirs.
matthew517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #146
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

I see a few poeple have "Not Sure" next to participating in the FE. Do we have a final list? Thanks!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #147
HoranClan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
None for us!
HoranClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #148
gotdbltrbl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I see a few poeple have "Not Sure" next to participating in the FE. Do we have a final list? Thanks!!!
The FE closed on Monday, so I assume that the not sure's are now a no. I will change them on the list, and will bold the names that are a yes for the FE so it is easier to find them on the list.

Vacation is almost here!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #149
gotdbltrbl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Reagansmom, do you have a cabin number yet?
Old 03-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #150
gotdbltrbl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather457 View Post
Wow lots of activity since I last check in!

Cabin Number: 8674
Adults in cabin and relationship to each other: Me & BFF
Children in cabin and also their relationship to you: Me - DN (7.5), BFF - DD (5.5)
Interested in participating in an FE: Yes
Where are you from? Suburb of Detroit MI
Early or Late dining: Late
First cruise? Me and BFF 2nd cruise. First for girls
Excursions: Not sure yet

Hi Heather457, do you want me to add names to the FE information? It's not mandatory but it will help with delivering the gifts. Let me know, thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: