Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #61
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

I do not understand why so many people feels she might have some special needs just because she was upset and cried. There is absolutely nothing wrong with crying at 5 and at 50 if you hurt and she is.
She is a romantic girl who wanted to do smething special for her BF and it was ruined. She did not know rule, it is not obvious rule. She was confused why she was allowed to one park and not the other. What you expect her to do, of course she got upset.
Please remember she is 15, lots of hormones. Romeo nd Juliet killed themselves at this age because of stupid hormones.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #62
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!
 
maiapapaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southwestern ON
Posts: 2,403

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I do not understand why so many people feels she might have some special needs just because she was upset and cried. There is absolutely nothing wrong with crying at 5 and at 50 if you hurt and she is.
She is a romantic girl who wanted to do smething special for her BF and it was ruined. She did not know rule, it is not obvious rule. She was confused why she was allowed to one park and not the other. What you expect her to do, of course she got upset.
Please remember she is 15, lots of hormones. Romeo nd Juliet killed themselves at this age because of stupid hormones.
um, Romeo & Juliett are fictional characters from a play written in the late 1500's ...

Sure she's young and got upset after being told she couldn't wear her outfit, especially after getting away with it in one park. I don't think people have an issue with her getting upset. What most posters seem to have in issue with is the fact that she apparently cried about if for the rest of the day, felt compelled to call the media and then cried to the cameras that WDW crushed her dream of "wanting to be Tinkerbelle." Makes you wonder if this whole thing really was about doing something special for her boyfriend in the first place or if it was more about her - because really, I can't see how you would think getting your 15 yo boyfriend to dress as Peter Pan would make his first trip to Disney special, unless you thought the whole costume thing would garner you lots of attention and maybe some extra pixie dust ... which apparently they ended up with anyways.
__________________

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF/3-night Bahamas ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
maiapapaya is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #63
kaligal
DIS Veteran
 
kaligal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I do not understand why so many people feels she might have some special needs just because she was upset and cried. There is absolutely nothing wrong with crying at 5 and at 50 if you hurt and she is.
She is a romantic girl who wanted to do smething special for her BF and it was ruined. She did not know rule, it is not obvious rule. She was confused why she was allowed to one park and not the other. What you expect her to do, of course she got upset.
Please remember she is 15, lots of hormones. Romeo nd Juliet killed themselves at this age because of stupid hormones.
At fifteen years of age, you shouldnt be crying because you have to take off your Tinkerbell costume.

Furthermore, this isn't just a case of crying because you had to take off your costume.

They also called news people. The free shirt and FPs weren't good enough. More foot stomping was necessary.

This is possibly the biggest, most ridiculous temper tantrum I've ever encountered.

That girl and her mother ought to be hanging their heads in shame.

This girl is in for a very rude awakening when she has to live in the real world. Shell have to follow rules she doesn't like. Nobody will care if she cries, except those who make fun of her. And nobody will give her free stuff because she cried. Nobody will call up the newspaper because Precious was sad. And nobody will care if they do.

The behavior she is now exhibiting will work against her in a big way.

I think the person who said she has Special Snowflake Syndrome is correct.

Hormones weren't part of the Romeo and Juliet story. They didn't know hormones existed back then. And they weren't real people.
kaligal is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #64
rachel09985
DIS Veteran
 
rachel09985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Originally Ohio)
Posts: 3,173

I am sorry but that is just weird to dress up fully when it isn't Halloween, even if you are in high school. I don't understand the need to dress up any old day of the year unless you are in grade school. She deserved to take that off.
__________________

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #65
rachel09985
DIS Veteran
 
rachel09985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Originally Ohio)
Posts: 3,173

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligal View Post
At fifteen years of age, you shouldnt be crying because you have to take off your Tinkerbell costume.

Furthermore, this isn't just a case of crying because you had to take off your costume.

They also called news people. The free shirt and FPs weren't good enough. More foot stomping was necessary.

This is possibly the biggest, most ridiculous temper tantrum I've ever encountered.

That girl and her mother ought to be hanging their heads in shame.

This girl is in for a very rude awakening when she has to live in the real world. Shell have to follow rules she doesn't like. Nobody will care if she cries, except those who make fun of her. And nobody will give her free stuff because she cried. Nobody will call up the newspaper because Precious was sad. And nobody will care if they do.

The behavior she is now exhibiting will work against her in a big way.

I think the person who said she has Special Snowflake Syndrome is correct.

Hormones weren't part of the Romeo and Juliet story. They didn't know hormones existed back then. And they weren't real people.
Lol hilarious. I felt so bad laughing when I watched that video. Does that make me a bad person?
__________________

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #66
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance
 
BlovesC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)
Posts: 2,260

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
What most posters seem to have in issue with is the fact that she apparently cried about if for the rest of the day, felt compelled to call the media and then cried to the cameras that WDW crushed her dream of "wanting to be Tinkerbelle."
This. It just reeks of the "it's all about ME!" attitude that afflicts too many teenagers today. Drawing that much attention to yourself doesn't seem like the best way to make your park visit "special", it just seems like an attempt to make yourself feel special. She's probably never had anyone tell her she can't do something, so she was unprepared to deal with the rejection and thus she overreacted by 1000%, and I don't mean by crying, I mean by crying to the media as if her life has been ruined.
__________________

B & C , Local AP/TiW holders & resort junkies!
12/08: CR & SSR|10/09: VWL| 1/10:AKL&POFQ| 10/10:AKL| 1/11:CR| 2/11:POFQ| 1/12:AKL|5/12:BC|
9/12:BC| 10/12:SSR| 1/13:ASMu| 5/13:BC| 6/13:POP| 8/13:WL| 10/13:POFQ| 12/13:Disney Dream| 1/14: ASMu| 3/14: BC
BlovesC is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #67
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 10,670

I feel bad that the girl was sad, but it is one thing to tell your mom the story and cry about it. It is ENTIRELY different and RIDICULOUS to go to the media about it. If this is the worst thing she ever experiences in life then she will be a very lucky person. The Romeo and Juliet thing was pretty funny. No offense to the poster, but comparing real life people to completely made up people is a stretch to say the least. Hopefully these two teens can come back for a MNSSHP sometime and live out their dreams without issue.

Last edited by smitch425; 06-06-2012 at 06:23 PM.
smitch425 is online now  
Old 06-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #68
Glennie5
DIS Veteran
 
Glennie5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligal View Post
At fifteen years of age, you shouldnt be crying because you have to take off your Tinkerbell costume.

Furthermore, this isn't just a case of crying because you had to take off your costume.

They also called news people. The free shirt and FPs weren't good enough. More foot stomping was necessary.

This is possibly the biggest, most ridiculous temper tantrum I've ever encountered.

That girl and her mother ought to be hanging their heads in shame.

This girl is in for a very rude awakening when she has to live in the real world. Shell have to follow rules she doesn't like. Nobody will care if she cries, except those who make fun of her. And nobody will give her free stuff because she cried. Nobody will call up the newspaper because Precious was sad. And nobody will care if they do.

The behavior she is now exhibiting will work against her in a big way.

I think the person who said she has Special Snowflake Syndrome is correct.

Hormones weren't part of the Romeo and Juliet story. They didn't know hormones existed back then. And they weren't real people.
I when you said precious was sad. I do think that going to the media is not going to get her the attention she wanted. I read some of the comments people made on other pages where the video was posted and the majority of comments were very negative towards her behaviour.
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DS) (DD) (DD)(Charlie)
2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Glennie5 is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #69
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.
 
LockShockBarrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 3,048

To the poster that was dressed at Belle. You didn't have to "be on" all night. If you were that well dressed, Disney could have denied you entry, even if it was MNSSHP. They tend to be very lax on adults looking like characters on that night. There's no rule that says you can't dress up as them, but they still can enforce you looking "too real" and certainly have told people they are not allowed to act like said character.
__________________
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #70
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

OK, I mentioned Romeo and Juliet as example of what hormonal teens can do, I do know they are fictional but every good writer does research on character. I do not think anyone will question that teens are affected by hormones, which is what my point was about. That is all.
Yes she has boyfriend, she looks like 18 at least, she wears tons of make up, yet she is 15 yo girl, hormonal like any other teen and what happened seemed to her like end of the world. Yes, calling media was too much, do not forget however that it was up to a media to air this nonsense, guess someone needed 5 min of fame there as well.
One more thing, people keep saying how inappropriet her costume is, well I wonder if people saw Tink, she is pretty, let say not exactly modest, so...
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #71
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance
 
BlovesC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)
Posts: 2,260

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
One more thing, people keep saying how inappropriet her costume is, well I wonder if people saw Tink, she is pretty, let say not exactly modest, so...
Uhh....I've never seen Disney's Tink show five inches of cleavage. The outfit is skimpy, yes, but it covers everything that should be covered. I don't think there's any comparison. Not that that is even the issue, I think most people were only bringing up the slightly risque nature of the girl's costume because it was an ironic counterpoint to the "but she's still a child!" defense.
__________________

B & C , Local AP/TiW holders & resort junkies!
12/08: CR & SSR|10/09: VWL| 1/10:AKL&POFQ| 10/10:AKL| 1/11:CR| 2/11:POFQ| 1/12:AKL|5/12:BC|
9/12:BC| 10/12:SSR| 1/13:ASMu| 5/13:BC| 6/13:POP| 8/13:WL| 10/13:POFQ| 12/13:Disney Dream| 1/14: ASMu| 3/14: BC
BlovesC is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #72
kaligal
DIS Veteran
 
kaligal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,012

Well, many online groups have picked this story up.

The girl is certainly getting attention. It isn't of the, "Oh, poor baby" sort of attention, though. It's of the, "Grow up, you big baby" variety.

I'd feel badly for her if she and her mother hadn't brought this all on themselves.

Now she will have to face classmates.

I have the feeling she may very well begin to realize how inappropriate her behavior is.

It is unfortunate that she had to hit this point, though. Someone should have snapped her out of these tantrums before she was five years old.
kaligal is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #73
kaligal
DIS Veteran
 
kaligal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
OK, I mentioned Romeo and Juliet as example of what hormonal teens can do, I do know they are fictional but every good writer does research on character. I do not think anyone will question that teens are affected by hormones, which is what my point was about. That is all.
Yes she has boyfriend, she looks like 18 at least, she wears tons of make up, yet she is 15 yo girl, hormonal like any other teen and what happened seemed to her like end of the world. Yes, calling media was too much, do not forget however that it was up to a media to air this nonsense, guess someone needed 5 min of fame there as well.
One more thing, people keep saying how inappropriet her costume is, well I wonder if people saw Tink, she is pretty, let say not exactly modest, so...
Again, Shakespeare did not research hormones and their effects. They didn't know anything about hormones back then. They still thought meat eventually turned into flies. That was their Science.

Tinkerbelle may have a skimpy outfit, but she doesn't have a lot of cleavage.

She was not acting like any teen girl. She was acting like the Poster Child for spoiled children.

This could actually be used in parenting classes as a "Don't Let This Happen To You" example of extremely poor parenting.
kaligal is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #74
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligal View Post
Again, Shakespeare did not research hormones and their effects. They didn't know anything about hormones back then. They still thought meat eventually turned into flies. That was their Science.

Tinkerbelle may have a skimpy outfit, but she doesn't have a lot of cleavage.

She was not acting like any teen girl. She was acting like the Poster Child for spoiled children.

This could actually be used in parenting classes as a "Don't Let This Happen To You" example of extremely poor parenting.
He did not need to know about hormones but he knew how teens act, just like they act today, crazy and it passes with age.

BTW, all princesses got what to show, and do show. And during MNSSHP women of all sizes wear costumes, so what, not like anyone nor this girl are naked. It was just a dress up in Disney, big deal!
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #75
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran
 
A Mickeyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: 148 miles SW of the world
Posts: 9,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnm02 View Post
When I worked turnstyles at MK the rule was no realistic costumes for anyone with an adult ticket (10+). They find very young looking 18-20 year old CMs to play childlike characters such as Tinker Bell and Wendy...a mature looking 10 year old could easily pass for the real character. The exception was MNSSHP, when anyone could dress up however they wanted.

That said, I'm not surprised that the CMs at DHS either overlooked her or didn't make it an issue. There are lots of part time and CP CMs who really don't care. Also, I learned pretty quickly that you could enforce the rules in regard to many things, and quickly be overruled by a manager who just wants to make his day easier. That can drain your motivation to follow the rules pretty quickly.
thank you for your explanation.. so any one officially with an adult ticket can be turned away.. just as another poster mentioned when they said the 10 yr old in their party was nearly turned away on their last day. This should be stated on the tickets and it is not. If they really want guests to be aware of this information, it should be more accessible for them to read.
__________________
RIP Lightning 9/20/2007
A Mickeyfan is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.