Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #31
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
No where in my post did I say that 15 year olds don`t cry, I just stated that this 15year old crying the way she did was over the top. I personally don`t clasify being told to change your clothes at disney as being something major - there are worse things that can happen in life.
no, you didn't say they don't cry, but stating over the top implies that. While you don't classify being told to change your clothing as a major thing, she may. We don't know her.. do we? Do we know if she was Autisic? Do we know if she was Bipolar? Do we know anything about her other than she was a 15 year old female who cried because she was told to change her clothing? No, we don't.. I am not going to condem a 15 year old for crying over that, nor will I say that is "over the top". It sure would not be if she had some medical issues that were weren't aware of... and I am not about to go down that road.. kids at 15 are still kids and some still cry period... and for her, that was a major issue.. she was let down. For you it isn't, for me it isn't.. but we cannot say it isn't for her, now can we? I cannot state something about you when I don't know you..can I? That is the reason I didn't want this to turn into a debate about the girl.. I was merely trying to bring up the fact Disney was not consistent in their policy..and why? Adult is legally 18 and up, not 15 anyway...
Old 06-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #32
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
What is SWW ?

SWW...Star Wars Weekend
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #33
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Oh my gosh, really. They even gave her free clothes, for Pete's sake. Must have been a slow news day for this to even get mentioned.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #34
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Just a thought but does Tink actually do meet and greets at DHS?? I can't remember seeing her out anywhere at DHS (although I could be mistaken) - so maybe that is why they allowed her entry into DHS. Although I don't remember seeing a Tink meet and greet at AK either ...

Old 06-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #35
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mickeyfan View Post
no, you didn't say they don't cry, but stating over the top implies that. While you don't classify being told to change your clothing as a major thing, she may. We don't know her.. do we? Do we know if she was Autisic? Do we know if she was Bipolar? Do we know anything about her other than she was a 15 year old female who cried because she was told to change her clothing? No, we don't.. I am not going to condem a 15 year old for crying over that, nor will I say that is "over the top". It sure would not be if she had some medical issues that were weren't aware of... and I am not about to go down that road.. kids at 15 are still kids and some still cry period... and for her, that was a major issue.. she was let down. For you it isn't, for me it isn't.. but we cannot say it isn't for her, now can we? I cannot state something about you when I don't know you..can I? That is the reason I didn't want this to turn into a debate about the girl.. I was merely trying to bring up the fact Disney was not consistent in their policy..and why? Adult is legally 18 and up, not 15 anyway...
Then we will have to agree to disagree. You keep stating that she is still a kid and she may be but dressed as she was she certainly did not look like a kid. I wonder if they would have tried putting her in the largest size Tinkerbell dress that they sell at the parks if she would have fit in it - I highly doubt it.
2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 06-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #36
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
Just a thought but does Tink actually do meet and greets at DHS?? I can't remember seeing her out anywhere at DHS (although I could be mistaken) - so maybe that is why they allowed her entry into DHS. Although I don't remember seeing a Tink meet and greet at AK either ...
I don't remember seeing her at a meet and greet at either of those places.. she use to be at EPCOT, but that was only during the Flower and Garden show when they had the Fairy Garden... the only other place she really is for a meet and greet is at the MK, and she never ever ever walks around.. she is inside.... I could be wrong though... just that I have never seen her
Old 06-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #37
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Then we will have to agree to disagree. You keep stating that she is still a kid and she may be but dressed as she was she certainly did not look like a kid. I wonder if they would have tried putting her in the largest size Tinkerbell dress that they sell at the parks if she would have fit in it - I highly doubt it.
agree to disagree.. and my 23 year old fits in the child's largest Belle dress... just for the sake of settling sizes. My 19 year old is even skinnier than my 23 year old... think she may fit in the second to largest size..
On my DD's 22nd birthday, she actually tried the Belle Dress on... over her clothing.. and got it on..... ...but to be fair.. she has a smaller build than what this 15 year old looks as if she has.....

Last edited by A Mickeyfan; 06-05-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #38
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootch View Post
How about MNSSHP? I was planning on dressing up, maybe not a disney character though ????
There are a lot of Disney characters running around at MNSSHP........some really good ones too. But that is Halloween party and costumes are expected.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #39
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Oh my gosh, really. They even gave her free clothes, for Pete's sake. Must have been a slow news day for this to even get mentioned.
I wonder how many times this happens at the parks. I would imagine this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I think it must have been the girls family who went to the media. I think in her shoes I would have been thrilled - she got to go through HS dressed as Tinkerbell and when she went to AK she got a free t shirt and fastpasses.
2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 06-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #40
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wonder how many times this happens at the parks. I would imagine this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I think it must have been the girls family who went to the media. I think in her shoes I would have been thrilled - she got to go through HS dressed as Tinkerbell and when she went to AK she got a free t shirt and fastpasses.
and I totally agree here.. the fast pass alone would have made me happy... but again, we aren't her.. I am sure it was her mother who went to the media.. the media isn't going to listen to a child.. and this is where 15 years old becomes a child once again.. the media is very unlikely going to listen to a complaint from her, but her mother.. yep.. they will cover the story
Old 06-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #41
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

I really would like to know Disney's rational for allowing her in the Studios but not AK... maybe because it was SWW..and they figured there were adults dressed in costume anyway.... It just bothers me that there was inconsistency there... I don't think the girl meant to be disrespectful and not follow rules. I don't even think she knew she was breaking any.. especially going into the Studios, being allowed in there and seeing adults dressed in costume there...

For all we know, she may have gone over MNSSHP and dressed up and thought she can dress up any day... I see people there with clothing that is sort of like a character, they wear the make up... etc.... She may have figured she would go all out and make it a memorable special day for her and her BF since this was his first visit there... She did state she worked months on the costumes...

We don't know all the surrounding issues here.. we can't speak for her or her family.. so we should not be putting her down... I know for sure if she was any of your DD's and she was Autistic/Bipolar.. and someone commented that she was too big to cry, you all would be jumping on that person... so just stop and think for one tiny minute.. we do not know her and everything that went on here other than Disney allowed her in one park and not another... and that was what my thread was supposed to be about...
Old 06-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #42
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mickeyfan View Post
agree to disagree.. and my 23 year old fits in the child's largest Belle dress... just for the sake of settling sizes. My 19 year old is even skinnier than my 23 year old... think she may fit in the second to largest size..
On my DD's 22nd birthday, she actually tried the Belle Dress on... over her clothing.. and got it on..... ...but to be fair.. she has a smaller build than what this 15 year old looks as if she has.....

I do get that the girl was only 15 but I think maybe the problem was that she did not look 15. If you compare the Tinkerbell costume that Disney sells compared to the costume this girl was wearing her dress is showing much more cleavage. Not that we don't see this all the time in everday life but maybe Disney didn't want Tinkerbell displayed that way in their parks.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #43
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post
Since the rule is worded "adult costumes" and not "adults in costume," she definitely should have been denied access to all parks. Her costume was quite adult and she looked like an adult in it. The inappropriate attire page also includes:

- Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
wow.. just reading this post.. you may have hit it on the head as to why Disney doesn't allow "some" and yet allows other costumes.. but I guess some CM's at DHS just goofed...
Old 06-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #44
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I do get that the girl was only 15 but I think maybe the problem was that she did not look 15. If you compare the Tinkerbell costume that Disney sells compared to the costume this girl was wearing her dress is showing much more cleavage. Not that we don't see this all the time in everday life but maybe Disney didn't want Tinkerbell displayed that way in their parks.
agreed.. her costume did show more skin and was not like Tinks at the park...she should have been stopped at DHS as well.. she never should have gotten in there to be denied entry to AK.. that was the main problem I think for the family... DHS goofed.. they allowed her in.. AK doesn't then here she is hurt.. and I can see why. Had they never allowed her in the first place, explained their policy, I do think things would have ended differently for this family.. but what happened was mixed messages and children of any age do not do well with mixed messages...
Old 06-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #45
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Just remembered this photo of my DD with Tink.. and Tink is showing some skin here.. not as much as the young girl, but her outfit is not a straight across outfit.. it does dip down.... lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: