Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #211
HPS3
Disney Fanatic
 
HPS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Slidell,La
Posts: 1,805

Mike, I was using a nikon mount fisheye with an adapter. When I tried it on the OMD I couldnt get it to focus at all. I'm going to get a m4/3 mount one before WDW. I cant go without a fisheye.
HPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #212
zackiedawg
WEDway Peoplemover Rider
 
zackiedawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 2,822

How about some Jeckyll & Hyde bugs from this weekend? A little light side and dark side, with my NEX-5N and 55-210mm lens + 1.7x teleextender...

Here are the light and happy bug shots:






And here are the dark and creepy nightmare bug shots:






And to answer your question: Yes, the spider IS as big as your outstretched hand, and yes, his web IS as big as a soccer net!
__________________
zackiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #213
Hockeyman
It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.
 
Hockeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Posts: 1,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS3 View Post
Mike, I was using a nikon mount fisheye with an adapter. When I tried it on the OMD I couldnt get it to focus at all. I'm going to get a m4/3 mount one before WDW. I cant go without a fisheye.
Well that stinks! Will you be able to adapt the new one you are getting onto your Nex?
__________________
Theme Park Extraordinaire - Rollercoaster Guru - Husband - Proud Father - Wanna be photographer !

WDW Annual pass holder - going since before I could even walk

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Universal Orlando Annual Pass holder since 2000
On Site-Hard Rock-Portofino Bay-Royal Pacific

Busch Gardens / Seaworld Annual Pass holder since 2007
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #214
Hockeyman
It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.
 
Hockeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Posts: 1,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackiedawg View Post
How about some Jeckyll & Hyde bugs from this weekend? A little light side and dark side, with my NEX-5N and 55-210mm lens + 1.7x teleextender...



And to answer your question: Yes, the spider IS as big as your outstretched hand, and yes, his web IS as big as a soccer net!
Great shots Zackiedawg . What lens did you use for those shots? I have a Tamron 70-300mm and I notice I get a lot of purple fringe taking shots like these.
__________________
Theme Park Extraordinaire - Rollercoaster Guru - Husband - Proud Father - Wanna be photographer !

WDW Annual pass holder - going since before I could even walk

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Universal Orlando Annual Pass holder since 2000
On Site-Hard Rock-Portofino Bay-Royal Pacific

Busch Gardens / Seaworld Annual Pass holder since 2007
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #215
zackiedawg
WEDway Peoplemover Rider
 
zackiedawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 2,822

Thank you.

That was with the eMount SEL55-210mm lens and a teleextender. The lens itself is very good at controlling PF - I'm not 100% sure if there isn't a little in-camera correction with some of the emount lenses that might help control CA/PF even more, but looking close I don't see too many telltale signs of removed PF, so I think the lens does a pretty good job of avoiding it.
__________________
zackiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #216
HPS3
Disney Fanatic
 
HPS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Slidell,La
Posts: 1,805

Justin, those shots are just WOW! I dont think I've ever seen such consistantly awesome wildlife shots. I'm always amazed. I want that TE. You make me wonder why I would ever need a large tele lens.

Mike, I havent picked up the Nex since getting the OMD. Mainly because it focuses super fast even in dim light and accurate. I also have the Pana 25 f1.4 that is just fantastic. With the Nex I mainly use manual focus lenses. The Rokinon FE lens is a m4/3 mount so it will mount directly to the omd no adapter. I love having stabilization for ALL lenses. The nex doesn't.
HPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #217
boBQuincy
I am not carrying three pods
There's something about the smell of the chemicals that just shouts "Photography!"
 
boBQuincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 4,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS3 View Post
Mike, I was using a nikon mount fisheye with an adapter. When I tried it on the OMD I couldnt get it to focus at all. I'm going to get a m4/3 mount one before WDW. I cant go without a fisheye.
I would like to get a fisheye but the most common one is a 7.5mm and I already have a nice 7-14. However, the fisheye gets 180 degrees while the 7-14 "only" goes to 114. Now how am I gonna' let DW know that I need another lens?
__________________
"Well, then, I confess. It's my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder, and otherwise pilfer my weasly black guts out."

"Take the big pill, and go back to the SLR you know. Take the small micro 4/3 pill and you will never look at SLRs the same way again." a G3 and now a GX7. Photos at: suzieandbob.com

Our model monorail site: http://monorail.suzieandbob.com/

boBQuincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #218
HPS3
Disney Fanatic
 
HPS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Slidell,La
Posts: 1,805

Hey Bob, good luck with the wife. The fisheye is one of my favorite lenses. I used it more than my Tokina 11-16 when I went to WDW a few months ago. When I got home I sold the Tokina because it was just sitting on the shelf and I only used it in WDW. The Rokinon fisheyes are really sharp and you can use PP now to defish. I cant see carrying both for my own use. Whenever I'm at WDW I find myself keeping the fisheye on at least half of the time. I also use it for on ride self shots with the kids.

Bob, do you have any tele lenses? I just bought a used 40-150 which should be here Saturday.
HPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #219
Hockeyman
It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.
 
Hockeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Posts: 1,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackiedawg View Post
Thank you.

That was with the eMount SEL55-210mm lens and a teleextender. The lens itself is very good at controlling PF - I'm not 100% sure if there isn't a little in-camera correction with some of the emount lenses that might help control CA/PF even more, but looking close I don't see too many telltale signs of removed PF, so I think the lens does a pretty good job of avoiding it.
That lens does a really well job with that. Mine isnt the greatest and is really the Tamron entry level since I was try to keep it cheap. I def need to invest in a better quality one down the road.
__________________
Theme Park Extraordinaire - Rollercoaster Guru - Husband - Proud Father - Wanna be photographer !

WDW Annual pass holder - going since before I could even walk

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Universal Orlando Annual Pass holder since 2000
On Site-Hard Rock-Portofino Bay-Royal Pacific

Busch Gardens / Seaworld Annual Pass holder since 2007
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #220
Hockeyman
It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.
 
Hockeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Posts: 1,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS3 View Post
Justin, those shots are just WOW! I dont think I've ever seen such consistantly awesome wildlife shots. I'm always amazed. I want that TE. You make me wonder why I would ever need a large tele lens.

Mike, I havent picked up the Nex since getting the OMD. Mainly because it focuses super fast even in dim light and accurate. I also have the Pana 25 f1.4 that is just fantastic. With the Nex I mainly use manual focus lenses. The Rokinon FE lens is a m4/3 mount so it will mount directly to the omd no adapter. I love having stabilization for ALL lenses. The nex doesn't.
Sony Nex7 move down the bench Looking like has gone from you starting lineup to now being your backup lol. You think you will end up selling it now?
__________________
Theme Park Extraordinaire - Rollercoaster Guru - Husband - Proud Father - Wanna be photographer !

WDW Annual pass holder - going since before I could even walk

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Universal Orlando Annual Pass holder since 2000
On Site-Hard Rock-Portofino Bay-Royal Pacific

Busch Gardens / Seaworld Annual Pass holder since 2007
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #221
Hockeyman
It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.
 
Hockeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Posts: 1,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS3 View Post
Hey Bob, good luck with the wife. The fisheye is one of my favorite lenses. I used it more than my Tokina 11-16 when I went to WDW a few months ago. When I got home I sold the Tokina because it was just sitting on the shelf and I only used it in WDW. The Rokinon fisheyes are really sharp and you can use PP now to defish. I cant see carrying both for my own use. Whenever I'm at WDW I find myself keeping the fisheye on at least half of the time. I also use it for on ride self shots with the kids.

Bob, do you have any tele lenses? I just bought a used 40-150 which should be here Saturday.
I totally agree with Harry about the fisheye, a great lens and fun to shoot with and once I got the hang of the manual focus was able to get some tack sharp pictures out of it. Bob there is always covert missions to smuggle new lenses into your camera bag with out the wife knowing, not that I have done anything of the sort myself
__________________
Theme Park Extraordinaire - Rollercoaster Guru - Husband - Proud Father - Wanna be photographer !

WDW Annual pass holder - going since before I could even walk

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Universal Orlando Annual Pass holder since 2000
On Site-Hard Rock-Portofino Bay-Royal Pacific

Busch Gardens / Seaworld Annual Pass holder since 2007
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #222
MACUSER
Photographer Disney geek
 
MACUSER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 336

here are a couple from my OM-d


Fall by MLR Photography, on Flickr


dandelion by MLR Photography, on Flickr
__________________
BEEN THERE DONE THAT GOIN' BACK
Past Trips
All Star Sports 4/96
Dixie Landings 4/00
Port Orleans Riverside 5/01,4/03,5/04,4/05,5/06,6/07,11/08,6/10,5/13
Contemporary 12/01
Old Key West 2/02
PoP Century 5/12, 10/14



MACUSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #223
Hockeyman
It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.
 
Hockeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Posts: 1,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACUSER View Post
here are a couple from my OM-d


Fall by MLR Photography, on Flickr


dandelion by MLR Photography, on Flickr

Fantastic shots
__________________
Theme Park Extraordinaire - Rollercoaster Guru - Husband - Proud Father - Wanna be photographer !

WDW Annual pass holder - going since before I could even walk

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Universal Orlando Annual Pass holder since 2000
On Site-Hard Rock-Portofino Bay-Royal Pacific

Busch Gardens / Seaworld Annual Pass holder since 2007
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #224
boBQuincy
I am not carrying three pods
There's something about the smell of the chemicals that just shouts "Photography!"
 
boBQuincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 4,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman View Post
Bob there is always covert missions to smuggle new lenses into your camera bag with out the wife knowing, not that I have done anything of the sort myself
That surfaced on our trip last week when DW noticed my "14-42 kit lens" was not the same as hers, mine had magically morphed into Panasonic's 12-35! It's a nice lens that is sharp even wide open (this image is at f/4).

__________________
"Well, then, I confess. It's my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder, and otherwise pilfer my weasly black guts out."

"Take the big pill, and go back to the SLR you know. Take the small micro 4/3 pill and you will never look at SLRs the same way again." a G3 and now a GX7. Photos at: suzieandbob.com

Our model monorail site: http://monorail.suzieandbob.com/

boBQuincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #225
HPS3
Disney Fanatic
 
HPS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Slidell,La
Posts: 1,805

Bob, thats funny. My wife's at the point she doesn't even ask anymore. When I bought the OMD, she thought it was my old Minolta SRT. Its funny that one person has already asked why I still shot film (OMD). LOL! I like the 12-50 kit lens but its so darn slow.
HPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: