Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #91
micksn
Mouseketeer

Thank you for sharing! I've enjoyed reading about all your restaurants and your fabulous surprise!
Feb 2005 - Santa Fe, Feb 2007 - Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2007 - New Port Bay, Aug 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Feb 2009 - Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2010 - Hotel New York, Nov 2010 - Cheyenne, Oct 2011 - Santa Fe, Aug 2012 - Old Key West Oct 2012 - Hotel New York Feb 2013 - Cheyenne Aug 2013 - Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2014 - OKW

micksn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #92
April2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzie B View Post
Fantastic trip report, thanks so much for sharing; and yes they are addictive - you made me late to bed on Thursday night!

Kade is gorgeous, and I'm really impressed with his food choices, he's certainly a fish lover. Talking of food my DH is a cheesecake fanatic too, just wondering how many I need to buy to persuade him that a cruise home would be the perfect end to our next holiday, only concern is my DS is 19 now & DD 17 so I'm not sure if it would appeal to them.

Perhaps I'll wait a couple of years until we only need to pay for two people

Can't wait for the rest
You sound like me! Marcus is forever saying are you coming to bed or not as I have my head stuck in the laptop!

Thank you, I think he's beautiful too but I guess I'm biased

I think your two would still love a cruise as there is something for everyone although like you say it might be worth waiting a while to benefit the old bank account. Maybe it would be easier to persuade your DH then too

Thanks again x

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksn View Post
Thank you for sharing! I've enjoyed reading about all your restaurants and your fabulous surprise!
Thank you so much for following. I'm glad you've enjoyed
April2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #93
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Just read your trip report - thanks for sharing. Your photos are fab.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #94
April2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz1910 View Post
Just read your trip report - thanks for sharing. Your photos are fab.
Thanks Juliette, appreciate you reading it x
Old 06-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #95
April2012
Mouseketeer

Day 19 – Disembark & All Star Movies – Thursday 3rd May 2012

There was no room service this morning so Marcus went down for breakfast at Cabana’s.
We got washed, dressed and packed up for 8.30am ready to disembark the Dream.
The weather was lovely again today with not a cloud in the sky which made us want to leave even less!

Arriving back to port

We made our way down to the main deck and couldn’t help feeling a pang of sadness as we filtered through with the rest of the guests, saying our goodbyes as we went.
Check out was fairly straightforward as a guy was waiting to help with bags, which was a relief seeing as we had an extra case with us.
He seemed to get us into a fast lane and before we knew it we were at the Magical Express.
Marcus tipped the guy and we boarded our coach.
We were staying at All Star Movies tonight, as our flight home wasn’t until tomorrow.
The journey seemed to take forever this time, as our stop was the very last one so two and a half hours later, we finally arrived at ASM.

Once we arrived we checked in and followed the chap who took our bags to the room.
On the way we passed some giant Toy Story characters as to get to our block you had to walk through what was designed as a giant ‘Andy’s room’, which was pretty cool.

We were shown our room that was basic but fine for our overnight stay.

We left our cases unpacked and went for a look round the resort and to get some lunch from the food hall.

We got some sandwiches, coffees, juice and cookies. It felt strange actually having to pay for it this time as our DDP was all finished lol but we noticed that the re-fillable mugs were the same ones so made a mental note to bring them in later. Hee hee, cheeky I know!

The cm’s were really nice in here and were playing hula-hoop in the middle of the hall. They were giving little gifts out for anyone who could do it. Kade had a go but didn’t have a clue and it fell straight down He still got a Mickey straw though!
We ate our lunch outside then went across to the park but it was boiling so we didn’t stay long before going to the arcade for a bit of shelter.
The machines here don’t give out money but tickets instead. Then you go to the counter and choose some toys in exchange for the tickets.
We won a few tickets so Kade chose some little bits and we left to go back to our room for a bit.

We decided that we would head out to Downtown Disney for something to eat this evening so set out to catch the transport bus.
It was a bit of a difference to the ones we were used to at Saratoga, as these were packed and was a much longer journey.
Once we arrived we went for a bite to eat in Wolfgang Puck.

I had Pizza, Marc had Meatloaf wrapped in bacon and Kade had Spaghetti.

All full up we headed outside and got a glass of wine, a beer and a lolly for Kade and went for a wander round before settling to watch a DJ doing some games and competitions for a bit on the music stand/stage.

After a while we left to catch the bus back to ASM.
We were not far from the front of the line but when the bus pulled in, everyone started to queue jump much to Marc’s annoyance!
By the time we’d boarded there were only standing left so still feeling slightly annoyed, Marc said we’d get off and wait for the next.
Within minutes the next bus arrived and we jumped on and sat down on a half full bus feeling quietly smug we’d made the right choice.
We were just saying what a good call it was waiting for the next one when we pulled in at the next stop, which was absolutely rammed with a large tour group heading for our stop!! A huge crowd of teens swamped the bus all standing!
I was impressed by how polite they were though as when they realised Kade was there, they took care not to swear in front of him.

On return to our room we went to fill our refillable mugs with water and all settled in for the night watching Wall-e on TV.

When it came to bedding down for the night, we couldn’t stop laughing as there was something green and crusty dried onto my pillow!! Ewwwww!!!

Old 06-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #96
April2012
Mouseketeer

Day 20 – Going Home – Friday 4th May 2012

Our very last day had finally arrived!!
After saying goodbye to Downtown Disney once already we decided that once we were checked out we may as well head down there to waste some time before the Magical Express collected us.

At 11am we took the cases down and checked out before leaving our luggage with the baggage handlers.
The bus to DTD was very busy again! Gone were the days of half empty buses dropping us at our destination lol.

It was another very hot day again but DT seemed less busy than usual. We had a wander round before getting some lunch at Earl Of Sandwich.
I opted for a Chicken Salad. Kade had a Turkey Sandwich and Marc had a Steak & Cheese Sandwich.

Next we decided to treat ourselves to one last gift each so had a browse round some stores.
I spotted a cute Tinkerbell Charm Box shaped like a mirror in ‘Art Of Disney’ so got that.
Kade couldn’t settle on anything in particular in the toy/gift shop but soon changed his mind when we went in a Disney Sports type shop. At the back of the store was ‘Ridemakerz’ which has lots of remote control cars that you can custom make.
He had a lot of fun playing with the demo cars while Marc was instantly interested and started chatting to one of the guys there.

In the end we ended up leaving with a ‘Lightning McQueen’ car!! Boys and cars :roll eyes:

After popping in one more store and purchasing some mints and a Mickey bottle opener we began making our way to the exit for the last time.

As we were nearing the exit I took a piccy of a sign that said ‘Wonderful World Of Memories’ which kind of summed up what we thought of Disney.

We left the resort to the song from Toy Story ‘You got a friend in me’ and I was glad I was wearing my Sunnies as started feeling a bit emotional

We waited for the bus and this was set to be the worst journey yet!!
The bus was quite busy when we boarded but it did a stop at Blizzard Beach and a hoard of teens got on so there was literally not a square inch of room left on the bus. They were all in very high spirits and were singing and shouting the whole way back. It was a VERY long journey (45mins in total) and lets just say we were more than glad to be getting off!
Once we were off we had no time to do much else, as it was almost time to be collected so we got our luggage and waited at our stop until the coach arrived.

It wasn’t long before it was drawing in and the coach driver loaded our luggage for us.
The trip to the airport was very entertaining as our driver was really funny and kept us all amused with playing a cd then have us guess which song was from what ride. That and a lot of jokes too made it more interesting than usual Lol

Once we arrived at the airport we went through security which wasn’t too bad and it seemed no time at all until we were boarding our VA flight homeward bound to the UK.

In the airport. Do we want to go home? NOOOOOO!!

As the plane taxied down the runway we waved goodbye to Orlando and I felt sad but knew for sure we would be ‘seeing it again real soon’

A GREAT BIG Thanks:

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read, comment and follow my report. It has been a total joy to re-live our holiday and it’s so nice that people have taken the time to come along too.

Here’s to the next holiday, Cheers!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #97
tigger17
DIS Veteran

really enjoyed your trip report kade is so cute lets hope you get a new holiday booked soon!!!
tigger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #98
queendisney
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean about getting emotional when leaving...Our last night is alway spent in MK watching Wishes and I ALWAYS have a cry and I am always grateful its dark so nobody can see me sob

Our last day is also spent in DTD doing the last minute shop and wondering if we can possibly ram it in the already very overpacked suitcase.

I have enjoyed every one of your days, its been a jolly good read and thank you for taking the time to write and share it with us.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #99
Fantasia Sam
Has a WDW secret
Is watched by the TF...

What a fun Trippy... I love reading first timer trip reports and this was so fun to read, of course I was supposed to be doing the ironing but your TR was so much more important.

Loved your restaurant picks and really enjoyed your cruise report what a shame the weather wasn't so good in the Bahamas.

Will you go back to Saratoga Springs? What would you do differently next time? When is next time?

Thanks again for sharing and for someone who is no David Bailey I thought your pics were fab!

I'm Sam, here's my old Wedding Report - FantasiaSam FairyTale Wedding Trippy more recent November 2011 Trippy

1996:QI Plaza; 1998:HII IDrive; 2000:QI Plaza; 2001:(x2), Clarion Rosen & HII IDrive; 2002:(x 2), Yacht Club, Swan, AKL; 2003: (x2)-YC, Wonder, CBR, WL, BWV; 2004:(x3), CBR,YC Concierge, Magic, BCV, Pop, Swan, Disney Wedding; 2005:(x3), Magic, WLV, Pop, BW Inn, OKW; 2006:(x3), Magic, BCV, OKW, Dolphin, AKL Concierge, WL Concierge; 2007:GFloridian & SSR; 2008:(x2), BCV & Dolphin; 2009:BCC & Magic Concierge; 2010:(x2), BCV, AKL Concierge, Swan, SSR; 2011:BC Concierge & BCV; 2012:(x2), OKW & Dolphin; 2013:(x2), Magic, YC Concierge OKW
Fantasia Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #100
stephensmum
DIS Veteran

Really enjoyed reading, feel quite sad it's over, so you'l just have to book another one. Thanks for taking the time.

International Drive Aug 1991
Kissimee Sept 1996
All Star Movies Aug 2005
POFQ May 2007
CBR Aug 2008
SSR Aug 2009
SSR Aug 2010
SSR Aug 2012
stephensmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #101
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Great trip report, thanks for taking the time to post it.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #102
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Really enjoyed reading your TR. Just finished reading the last 4 pages and it's been really fun to read. Looks like you all had a brilliant time. Kade is so cute.

Thank you for sharing! x
Old 06-18-2012, 02:45 AM   #103
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Oh no, your TR has ended

So tell us, are you totally hooked on WDW now?

You clearly had a wonderful holiday and it's been great to read along

Start planning your next trip - that's an order
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #104
April2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger17 View Post
really enjoyed your trip report kade is so cute lets hope you get a new holiday booked soon!!!
Thank you tigger! :good vibes
I hope we can book another one soon, best go give the old piggy bank a shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
I know what you mean about getting emotional when leaving...Our last night is alway spent in MK watching Wishes and I ALWAYS have a cry and I am always grateful its dark so nobody can see me sob

Our last day is also spent in DTD doing the last minute shop and wondering if we can possibly ram it in the already very overpacked suitcase.

I have enjoyed every one of your days, its been a jolly good read and thank you for taking the time to write and share it with us.
Oh I don't think we caught Wishes (theres another one for next time) I do kind of get emotional at everything!!!

Aww, thanks so much for reading & commenting, so glad you enjoyed it xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasia Sam View Post
What a fun Trippy... I love reading first timer trip reports and this was so fun to read, of course I was supposed to be doing the ironing but your TR was so much more important.

Loved your restaurant picks and really enjoyed your cruise report what a shame the weather wasn't so good in the Bahamas.

Will you go back to Saratoga Springs? What would you do differently next time? When is next time?

Thanks again for sharing and for someone who is no David Bailey I thought your pics were fab!
Thank you Sam!!!
We would definitely return to Saratoga although there are so many more places to stay and a couple of others have been mentioned other resorts as their faves so it'd be a shame not to try.....them all!

I think as 1st timers we made quite a few mistakes & spent a bit more than we could have gotten away with but all in all, I wouldn't change anything

Next time? I would go back next week if I could but the old purse strings wouldn't stretch that far unfortunately
Hopefully it won't be in the too far distant future! I miss it already!!!!

Thank you , my pics turned out a little better than I first thought!
Thanks again for reading x

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensmum View Post
Really enjoyed reading, feel quite sad it's over, so you'l just have to book another one. Thanks for taking the time.
Thank you for following. It's really nice that people actually followed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
Great trip report, thanks for taking the time to post it.
Thank you! It really was a pleasure! x

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Really enjoyed reading your TR. Just finished reading the last 4 pages and it's been really fun to read. Looks like you all had a brilliant time. Kade is so cute.

Thank you for sharing! x
Thank you! We really did have a great time, wish we could do it all over xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh no, your TR has ended

So tell us, are you totally hooked on WDW now?

You clearly had a wonderful holiday and it's been great to read along

Start planning your next trip - that's an order
I know!! and yes, I am totally head over heels in love with WDW

Ok that's it! I'll tell Marc we've been ordered Wonder what he'd do if I just booked one.....

Thanks Linda x

Anyway I'm off to start on some one else's TR

Thanks again all
Old 06-19-2012, 05:52 AM   #105
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

great report, fab surprise.
hoping to go on a cruise but it may be a few years away.
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: