Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #46
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Love Seaworld...you did seem to miss a lot of it though..When you go back you MUST go and see the Clyde and Seymour Show and arrive a good half an hour before the start to see the mime artist..it is the funniest thing Also the underwater walk through where the sharkes are..

We are going in September and I just can't wait..

You sound exactly like me with the rides..I always look at the drop at the end and whimp out as well. I just don't see the fun in beeing scared whitless

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #47
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Enjoying all your reports and pictures
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #48
LORNA ANN
UK DVC Member

I am enjoying your trip report, love SSR it is our home resort sooo pretty.
Your photo's are fantastic, what camera do you have ?
Looking forward to reading more.
2004 HOLIDAY INN(FEB ) & ALL STAR SPORT(OCT )2005 GRAND FLORIDIAN & MARRIOT
2006 ALL STAR MUSIC 2007 BEACH CLUB & SARATOGA
2008 SARATOGA
2009 B0ARDWALK,SARATOGA(FEB)
2009 BAY LAKE TOWERS(OCT)
2010 ANIMAL KINGDOM/BOARDWALK(OCT)
2011 (FEB) SSR (OCT) SSR
2012 (FEB)HOLIDAY INN@DTD (OCT) SSR & BLT
LORNA ANN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #49
April2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
Love Seaworld...you did seem to miss a lot of it though..When you go back you MUST go and see the Clyde and Seymour Show and arrive a good half an hour before the start to see the mime artist..it is the funniest thing Also the underwater walk through where the sharkes are..

We are going in September and I just can't wait..

You sound exactly like me with the rides..I always look at the drop at the end and whimp out as well. I just don't see the fun in beeing scared whitless
Yeah your right, I think we missed loads! We kind of found that whatever we did on this holiday we never spent full days doing, but as I always say, yet another excuse to come back

Oh lucky you September!! It'll be here before you know it! Where you staying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Enjoying all your reports and pictures
Thank you!!! Followed yours too. Looks as though you had a great time! Any plans to go back anytime soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORNA ANN View Post
I am enjoying your trip report, love SSR it is our home resort sooo pretty.
Your photo's are fantastic, what camera do you have ?
Looking forward to reading more.
Thanks very much!!
The camera we used was a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10. It's funny as we have a Canon digital SLR which takes superb pic's and I wanted to take it but hubby said he thought it was too big & bulky so we ended getting the little panasonic and it was just fab!! I just put it round my wrist and took it everywhere we went. Highly recommended camera
April2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #50
tigger17
DIS Veteran

great photos cant wait for more
tigger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #51
April2012
Mouseketeer

NOTE: Just before I start this day, Marcus has told me I keep referring to the place we stayed at as an apartment when it was in fact a Villa! So I apologise and stand corrected just in case anyone booked an apartment at SS and then wondered why it looked different.

Day 10 – Epcot 2nd Visit – Tuesday 24th April 2012

Later rise this morning as we had nothing much planned early on. Marcus got breakfast as usual then took Kade down to the paddock pool again.
I ventured down when I was ready and sat by the pool until we got some lunch from the pool bar.
I had the spicy fish burger & fries, Marc had a chicken burger & fries with a yogurt and Kade had a turkey sandwich with carrot sticks & grapes.

After lunch I was feeling a bit crappy so we went back to the apartment and I went to have a lie down while Marc took Kade to the arcade.
When they arrived back I was feeling a bit better so we gathered our things and went out to catch the bus for Epcot.

The bus was empty and traffic seemed light so within 10mins we were there.
The sun was quite strong but it was windy too so didn’t feel hot.
We had a wander round and I was soon starting to feel a bit ‘off it’ again so the boys had a ride on Space Mountain while I sat and waited.

We took a look round the ‘Art Of Disney’ and I loved the things in here!
We particularly liked a piece of art but as it was a bit too big to transit home we enquired how much it would cost to get shipped but they said $100!! Needless to say we decided to leave it.

Next we ventured into ‘innoventions’ then headed down to ‘Space mission’ but as I was still feeling a bit rubbish I didn’t want to go on which set Kade off moaning as he wanted me to go on. In the end he refused to go on so that left Marc in a grump as he wanted us all to go on

Big fire engine!

The piggy bank game in innoventions.

We left there and gradually made our way through the different countries stopping along the way for a couple of character shots (Winnie, Tigger & Alice)

At 6pm it was time for evening meal at the Biergarten. Marc had ended up swapping this because the other one we had booked was too early.
Even though my tummy was ok(ish) I still didn’t feel 100% and it was very, very busy.

We queued for a while before being introduced to our server dressed in traditional German dress who proceeded to tell us we would be seated on a table with other guests!
Now ordinarily, I wouldn’t have entirely minded this but on this occasion while I wasn’t feeling on best form, it didn’t exactly fill me with glee.
There were two other families. One an older couple and a husband and wife who were with their mother-in-law.
I was seated opposite the chap who was with his wife & MIL and it was all just well….a bit awkward!?!
No one really spoke very much apart from basic pleasantries and we all got our food without much conversation at all
I don’t think it was intended to be like that but I just think we all got put together with people who would have preferred their own space. lol
The food was actually really nice although I didn’t eat too much.
As soon as we were done we got the bill and made our exit. Not the best experience we’d had but too be honest it was probably wasn’t the best day to be put with a table of strangers

When we came out the intention was to watch the Firework display which I know is meant to be spectacular but in the end we decided to pass and headed back. If I was being honest I just wanted to be tucked up in bed.

On our return mousekeeping had left a really cute display with our soft toys.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #52
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by April2012 View Post
Yeah your right, I think we missed loads! We kind of found that whatever we did on this holiday we never spent full days doing, but as I always say, yet another excuse to come back

Oh lucky you September!! It'll be here before you know it! Where you staying?
Well it is virtually impossible to fit everything in the first time you go and as you say makes for an excellent excuse to go back. I think people are taken aback by just how vast the parks are and when you have a little one (which we don't) its very very tiring tobe out all day everyday. You can plan and plan but honestly these plans fall in the main by the way side on a first visit when you discover that 14 plus days of walking all day is a tad knackering
We are staying at our fav resort of Port Orlean Riverside, so just up the river from where you stayed

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #53
April2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger17 View Post
great photos cant wait for more
Thanks for following, really appreciate it

Quote:
Well it is virtually impossible to fit everything in the first time you go and as you say makes for an excellent excuse to go back. I think people are taken aback by just how vast the parks are and when you have a little one (which we don't) its very very tiring tobe out all day everyday. You can plan and plan but honestly these plans fall in the main by the way side on a first visit when you discover that 14 plus days of walking all day is a tad knackering
We are staying at our fav resort of Port Orlean Riverside, so just up the river from where you stayed
I know! The amount of walking we did was ridiculous!! Saying that though it helps burn off the amount of calories you consume while there

Right, there's another resort to mark down as a consideration for the next time! Wayneg said their have is OKW so we have a couple to look at now

x
Old 06-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #54
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Don't you just LOVE Mousekeeping We were forever getting wonderful animals made out of our room towels!

I must admit I would have been a tad annoyed had I done my ADR and ended up having to share a table with lots of others.

Keep up the good work on your TR as I am loving them and all the photos are fab..

Old 06-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #55
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

You have done so much already , wow, given a choice I will always go for cheesecake good choice
Old 06-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #56
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your report!
elaine amj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #57
April2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Don't you just LOVE Mousekeeping We were forever getting wonderful animals made out of our room towels!

I must admit I would have been a tad annoyed had I done my ADR and ended up having to share a table with lots of others.

Keep up the good work on your TR as I am loving them and all the photos are fab..
Mousekeeping were fab! They do such a good job and little extra's like that made it special

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
You have done so much already , wow, given a choice I will always go for cheesecake good choice
yes, the cheesecake is undoubtably good out there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj View Post
Really enjoying your report!
Thank you!! It's everyones comments that makes writing it so much better
Old 06-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #58
April2012
Mouseketeer

Day 10 – Hollywood Studio’s 2nd Visit & My Surprise!! – Wednesday 25th April

Woke up and thankful to say felt a LOT better than yesterday.

Was a beautiful day today. Not much wind and not a cloud in the sky
Started the day as usual with Marc fetching breakfast for himself and Kade with coffee for me.
Once we were sorted and ready we headed out to catch the bus to Hollywood Studio’s.
When we arrived we made our way down to the ‘Tower Of Terror’. Marcus really wanted to ride it but opted to get a fast pass instead and come back.

We had a look in the Aerosmith ‘Rock’n’Roll coaster and tried to convince Marc to go on it but decided it might be a bit too much, so bottled that one. I could have stayed there all day listening to the music though

Next Marc wanted a go on the Star wars ride but Kade & I decided against it (EE really put me off anything with a ‘fast ride’ sign) so we had a wander around while we waited for him to finish.

On our way round we spotted Goofy & Pluto so stopped for a photo op.

Marcus’s FP was almost ready so he made his way down to the TOT while Kade & I had a wander round.

We took a slow stroll down to meet Marc just as he was coming off the ride and he proclaimed it was ‘Awesome’ and absolutely loved it! He tried to convince us to have a go but unfortunately my daredevil streak was well and truly retired!!

Coming back we just caught the back end of the 'Disney Channel Rocks parade.

Next it was almost time for our Playhouse Disney Character meal at Hollywood & Vine so we made our way there.

We checked in and took a seat in the shade on one of the benches outside but whilst we were waiting for our name to be called, the waitress came out and shouted a name (which I didn’t hear) but Marc was convinced it was our name. I protested it couldn’t have been as another family had stood up and confirmed it was them before going to be seated.
We ended up waiting for another 15mins watching other families who had arrived after us go in before Marc stood up and asked one of the waitress’s. She looked on her list and said we’d already been called and gone in!!
‘Obviously not’ he said
Turns out this cheeky family had gone in our place. I wouldn’t mind but our surname isn’t a very common one so it’s not as though they might have been mistaken!!
Anyway, we were taken to a spare table and I know they were busy but everything just seemed a bit chaotic and a little bit unorganised and they messed the drinks order up without any kind of apology
In the end it was ok and Kade met all the characters from Playhouse Disney, which he really enjoyed.

Whilst Oso was at our table the music came on and he had to dance so Kade got a bit of a personal dance from the bear himself

Upon leaving we went on to Beauty & The Beast Show. I thought this was lovely! Really enjoyed!

Straight after it finished we rushed off to catch the ‘Lights, Motor, Action’ car stunt show.

It was really hot by now and the queue was pretty big. Only problem was it didn’t seem to be moving. Kade & I sought shelter in the shade while Marc kept our spot then it was announced they were experiencing a technical difficulty, which explained the delay.
We decided to wait, as Marcus really wanted to see the show. It was probably about 10/15mins later or so that the queue finally started to move and we made our way with hundreds of people up several flights of stairs.
Once we were seated we learned they’d had an oil spill on the track and it was looking like half of the show wasn’t going to be performed.
We got to see Lightning McQueen and a few cars before it was almost over so we left before the crowds dispersed.

Continued.....
Old 06-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #59
April2012
Mouseketeer

.....Cont

As it was still so hot we got some pineapple lollies and an ice-cold bud light and found some shade that we could sit in and cool down with for a bit.
After this we took a wander back around the park stopping at a shop just before the exit and bought a nice set of 3 hanging photo frames, a Phineas & Ferb book and some more boxes of snacks on the snack plan.

Once we arrived back at our Villa (not apartment lol) we kicked back and relaxed for an hour or so before heading back out to DTD on the boat.

We didn’t have a reservation this evening so we just had a look around before stopping at the Rainforest Café.

It seemed a lot quieter than usual downtown so we thought we’d try our luck and fortunately they had room if we were prepared to wait for 15mins. Of course this was fine so we mooched round the shop before being called to our table.
It was just like T-Rex café but with Jungle animals, which I stated to Marcus before he informed me that was because it was owned by the same people lol.

We ordered our meal of which I had of a salad identical to The T-rex one, which had egg, bacon, chicken, blue cheese, olives, lettuce toms, & dressing etc.

Yummy!!

Marcus had some massive ribs & fries with cheesy rolls to start.

Kady had popcorn shrimp and corn.

Drinks were 2 white wines, a bud light and an apple juice.
We got a choc cake to go and of course…....a cheesecake! Kade got a frozen ice orange cup which he had literally two sucks off before deciding he didn’t want it!

Anyway, just as we were finishing our meal, Marcus said he had something to tell me!
I sat in anticipation, as usually Marc never springs big surprises on me!
He then said that as it had been my birthday and I hadn’t got that much (which I had really!) he wanted to surprise me with an extended holiday for 4 days with a cruise on the Disney Dream!!!!!!!

I couldn’t quite believe it!! I had been expecting to fly home on Sunday but here he was telling me we were staying and instead of flying home, we were getting on a Disney cruise
Apparently he was going to wait to tell me on our last day but as I am a nervous flyer he didn’t want me to build myself up if we weren’t going to go.
I was sooooo happy that we were here longer. It really was a dream come true!!
Old 06-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #60
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Oh wow what a surprise!
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: