Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #61
Ursine1
Earning My Ears

Hmmm... still no announcement about HHN Express or RIP backstage tours yet? Seems like this info was out by this time last year?

We'll be there 9-29-12 thru 10-3-12, so it looks like the best night for us to do HHR is Sunday, 9-30-12. Should we buy our S&S tickets now? Any chance that night will sell out as it gets closer?

Will we need Express on top of S&S?

What say you, sage HHN experts?
Ursine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #62
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

last year that info was released about August 1st.
that is the general time frame it usually is posted.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #63
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

hhn tickets won't be sold out for those dates.

the crowds are greater later in october.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #64
Ursine1
Earning My Ears

Excellent! Thanks for the info!
Ursine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #65
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

I would have thought I would get a discount since we are Preferred Pass holders for SNS but it's the same price as SNS for the general public ($36.99 for our night). What gives?
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #66
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
I would have thought I would get a discount since we are Preferred Pass holders for SNS but it's the same price as SNS for the general public ($36.99 for our night). What gives?
The "Stay and Scream" ticket name is misleading. All it is is a discounted ticket if you already have a ticket good for admission into the park that day. If you have an AP, you already have a ticket good for admission to the park that day, so you are eligible for the same discount.

Everyone and Anyone is eligible to wait in the Stay and Scream holding area in the parks as long as you 1. are already in the park, and 2. have a ticket valid for that night's HHN event ["SNS" Ticket, "AP" Ticket, Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, or even a full-priced HHN ticket]
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #67
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

i think what Mr Mad is referring to is the price.
he has the UO AP.

in some past years, the ap discount for the hhn tix was cheaper than the add on tix.

but then, i have been a few times where it was just the opposite.

just sayin......

Old 07-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #68
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

True....

And the prices do start to become different later in the event for certain nights.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #69
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
The "Stay and Scream" ticket name is misleading. All it is is a discounted ticket if you already have a ticket good for admission into the park that day. If you have an AP, you already have a ticket good for admission to the park that day, so you are eligible for the same discount.

Everyone and Anyone is eligible to wait in the Stay and Scream holding area in the parks as long as you 1. are already in the park, and 2. have a ticket valid for that night's HHN event ["SNS" Ticket, "AP" Ticket, Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, or even a full-priced HHN ticket]
That's very true and the website doesn't do anything to help explain. Notice the number of first timers who post and think they have to buy a S & S ticket as well as the HHN ticket. It happens every year.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #70
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

OK.....how about this question...

I am treating my wife, brother and SIL to a surprise overnight trip (October 24th @ RPH) while we are on a family Disney trip. I am buying the 1 day - 2 park tickets for my bro and SIL to visit on the 25th. Would I be able to use a SNS ticket on the 24th if we visit the parks on the 25th or would I have to pay $90 each for the general admission?
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Old 07-18-2012, 05:04 AM   #71
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

I am treating my wife, brother and SIL to a surprise overnight trip (October 24th @ RPH) while we are on a family Disney trip. I am buying the 1 day - 2 park tickets for my bro and SIL to visit on the 25th. Would I be able to use a SNS ticket on the 24th if we visit the parks on the 25th or would I have to pay $90 each for the general admission?
As long as you have your theme park tickets, you can purchase the event tickets at the S & S discount. You could buy them for the 24th but unless you're in the park on that day you would have to wait outside the main gates for the general public to be allowed to enter at 6:30pm. S & S only applies when you are in the park prior to closing.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #72
DisneyMissy318
DIS Veteran

US/HHN Combo Tickets

Undercover Tourist has the US/IOA/HHN combo tickets available. We used this ticket last year - and it was great. You didn't have to wait in any other line to upgrade to Stay/Scream - being at US before the event is definitely the way to go!

2 Day Park to Park with HHN - $187.95
3 Day Park to Park with HHN - $204.95

(A 2 Day Park to Park ticket (w/o HHN) on the Universal website is $139.99 and a 3 Day Park to Park is $152.99)

This would be for those of us who do not have a season pass!

As a *WARNING* - we had been at IOA for the day - moved to US about an hour before HHN - security had already set up at the gate - LOTS of security!! Anyway... we had drinks and candy we had bought at IOA and we were made to throw it away at the gate - they did not even allow water bottles or bagged candy (we had just bought)... we were slightly upset. I went to CS and they gave us some Universal Dollars to spend that night - but just so you know - don't try to bring in anything after HHN security sets up.

HTH

(Disclaimer - I don't work for Undercover Tourist - just have had great experiences and service from their company in the past)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #73
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Two more messages. Sometime today Walking Dead will be confirmed.

"They can’t run, but we’re pretty sure they’ll getcha! They’re coming to Halloween Horror Nights, lots of them! We are one day away from making our next announcement…"

And - 3 hours ago this message.

"‘Like’ this post if you want us to reveal the second gruesome house at Halloween Horror Nights."
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #74
Mad Hattered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
As long as you have your theme park tickets, you can purchase the event tickets at the S & S discount. You could buy them for the 24th but unless you're in the park on that day you would have to wait outside the main gates for the general public to be allowed to enter at 6:30pm. S & S only applies when you are in the park prior to closing.
Thanks, Metro! I realized we couldn't get "into" the park and will have to wait in line with the GP but am glad to hear I should be able to buy them at the SNS rate.

I wouldn't have to do that at the gate right? I mean buy the SNS ticket. I will already have their park tickets in my hand as I am ordering them through UT beforehand. I can just order off the HHN site for $37 (a Wendesday night) and pick them up at a kiosk, correct?
Old 07-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #75
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
you said you were staying on site.
you can use the onsite hotel entrance to enter the park at 6:00 pm without a day ticket.

you show your hotel card key and your hhn ticket to use this entrance.
much better than standing in the mile long line at the entrance gate.
if you are a hotel guest on the 24th only, you can still use this entrance on the 25th.
hotel perk valid for day you check in and day you check out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: